This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:53:48 PM(UTC)
An overview of the first round (Weeks 3 & 4) of Series 1 in the Forza Racing Championship 2018:

FORZARC LINKS

www.ForzaRC.com - with link to Registration (required to participate), Schedule (Competition and Broadcast), News, Rules/Handbook, email for ForzaRC Questions, Leaderboards, Social Media.
https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ - Registration site with FAQ, Terms, Rules, and Scheduled race times.
www.twitter.com/ForzaRC
www.mixer.com/ForzaRC
www.twitch.tv/ForzaRC
www.facebook.com/ForzaRC
www.instagram.com/ForzaRC
www.youtube.com/ForzaRC - VODs

FORMAT

• Drivers must register to participate - see the link in the "About" section at www.ForzaRC.com which takes you to https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ - be sure to read the FAQ and Terms & Conditions. Also download and read the Rules. Note that an Xbox One console is required.
  • The events in Weeks 3 & 4 are sequential in progression: everyone sets a time in the Rivals Qualifier, from which the top drivers by Region are seeded into Saturday Ghost race lobbies, from which the top drivers move on to Sunday Heats race lobbies (with Collisions On), from which the top drivers move on to Wednesday Showdown race lobbies (which are broadcast live). A second Booster Rivals event will open after the Wednesday Showdown.
  • Drivers earn points with each event, which are used for global ranking. The online Leaderboards will be updated after Booster Rivals.
  • The sequence will begin again with Qualifier Rivals for Weeks 5 & 6. Following Week 7's events at the end of May, the top Leaderboard drivers will be invited to compete at the Series 1 Playoffs live event in Seattle June 16th-17th for a prize pool of $75,000.

SCHEDULE

Log in at https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ to see a chart of times for races by Region. "Check back at ForzaRC.Gfinity.net this Friday for Driver-specific race start times and lobby host details."

• Qualifier Rivals: April 16-18
  • Saturday Ghosts: April 21
  • Sunday Heats: April 22
  • Wednesday Showdown: April 25 (with live broadcasts at noon and 6pm Pacific)
  • Booster Rivals: April 12-14
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:57:53 PM(UTC)
Rivals: ForzaRC 2018 Qualifier 2
  • Deadline: April 18 at 5pm Pacific
  • Link: www.ForzaRC.com
  • Overview: Navigate to Rivals > ForzaRC and set your best time in the Qualifier 2 Rivals event. Times in this event will determine eligibility for the ForzaRC Saturday Ghost multiplayer lobbies, Sunday Heats, and Wednesday Showdowns. You must be registered via the site linked at www.ForzaRC.com to compete in ForzaRC. "All participants will earn in-game reward(s)."

Edited by user Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:59:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the info
#4 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 12:00:26 PM(UTC)
Any ideas what the participation reward is for this new rivals event?
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 2:52:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: neil3646 Go to Quoted Post

If like to know this also what's are reward this time

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 4:08:40 PM(UTC)
I love this car/track combo. I thought I was doing well though until I checked the leaderboards. I am 3 seconds ahead of triton but 5 seconds off the leader.

I also watched the leaders replay and saw no less than 8 times he was off the course. I guess I am just going to have to unlearn years of racing etiquette to stay competitive in this series.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:54:57 AM(UTC)
Good to see the global leaderboards are up, little disappointed how heavily the rivals sections are being pointed...people that I beat in the races are ahead of me based on how fast they went by themselves and not in the actual races. Oh well, will try again this week
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:11:32 AM(UTC)
Is ther anyone that knows what the reward for the Silverstone rivals event is cant find any information about it at all other than we get participation in game reward
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:34:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS ShadowFox Go to Quoted Post
Good to see the global leaderboards are up, little disappointed how heavily the rivals sections are being pointed...people that I beat in the races are ahead of me based on how fast they went by themselves and not in the actual races. Oh well, will try again this week

Noticed the same too. There's one guy with 100 more points than me but in races he quickly dropped to the rear in top 80 battles in all 3 races despite starting top 6.

I'm curious how the points work though. Races seem to have little impact. At least in EMEA and NA to thin the heard, points should be awarded based on top 80 results for those who don't make top 24...albeit less than what you get for placing top 24. So like 7th-12th get points in top 80. At least award a respectable showing.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:52:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS ShadowFox Go to Quoted Post

Noticed the same too. There's one guy with 100 more points than me but in races he quickly dropped to the rear in top 80 battles in all 3 races despite starting top 6.

I'm curious how the points work though. Races seem to have little impact. At least in EMEA and NA to thin the heard, points should be awarded based on top 80 results for those who don't make top 24...albeit less than what you get for placing top 24. So like 7th-12th get points in top 80. At least award a respectable showing.

I had the same thoughts as both of you. I was honestly expecting to be higher in the leaderboards after the racing as I won my top 400 lobby, had a decent showing in the top 80 and overall for NA was in the top 30 by time (Top 80 Round)

Also a little confused at what value the booster rival has as I had a very good time there.

It's fun regardless. Still impressed every time I see the top guys times.

#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:20:41 AM(UTC)
How many move on?
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:02:40 PM(UTC)
I'm trying to set a time to where I am between 65th and 80th in the Americas so I can be in lobby 17-20, this way I can get some sleep before the racing starts on Saturday. lol right now I am 95th, but I'm not sure where I am region wise, but I think I'm near 80. tomorrow I will try to take another .25 off my time and that should be enough.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:03:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:59:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Harpazo73 Go to Quoted Post
How many move on?

EMEA (Europe) - TOP 400
NA (America) - TOP 400
OCEANIA, ASIA, LATAM - Top 24 each
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:41:08 PM(UTC)
well I got 2:07.6 as my final time, not good enough to be in the top 80, but what really gets me is I had a really good sub 2:07 run going and screwed it up in the S turns. if I had another day I could get sub 2:07 but sadly I don't. lol
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:26:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: neil3646 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Rivals reward

Players who set a time in the ForzaRC 2018 Qualifier 2 Rivals event (April 16-18) received the 2013 Dodge Dart GT in the in-game Message Center on April 18. This is the first time the Dart has been made available to own.

2013 Dodge Dart GT
  • Tier: Common
  • Homologation: Sport Compact
  • Stock: D315 | 184 hp naturally aspirated Inline 4 cylinder
  • Engine Swaps: 332 hp V6 | 375 hp Turbo Rally
  • Aero: Street panels from Dodge and Forza aero

#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:57:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
well I got 2:07.6 as my final time, not good enough to be in the top 80, but what really gets me is I had a really good sub 2:07 run going and screwed it up in the S turns. if I had another day I could get sub 2:07 but sadly I don't. lol

I feel your pain, this happened to me too many times 🙁 I really struggled with this turn, really difficult with sim steering as braking slightly on the curb led to massive sim twitch and lap over. I managed a 207.8, which as of last night was about 250th in EMEA
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:31:01 AM(UTC)
I have enjoyed these events so far.. and I guess that's the most important part. However it is a chastening and humbling experience. So far off the pace against the top guys despite giving it all. Think I've reached my skill ceiling, as no more practicing will ever bridge that skill gap.. or make me 25 years younger lol. Absolute respect for these guys, so skilled! Good luck to all in the next round 👍
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:31:30 AM(UTC)
When's are next rivals event this weekend ??
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:43:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
When's are next rivals event this weekend ??

None this weekend. The next FRC rivals will be the booster rivals that start on Wednesday/Thursday (depending on where you live in the world).
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:59:32 AM(UTC)
I as I understand, I will be able to compete in Ghost Lobbies this Saturday, because I was 300+ last night at EMEA. In any case, didn't have enough time, 2:06 was possible, but without trying to cut corners intentionally and hope for the best. If anyone played in Round 1, how cutting track works in Ghost Races?
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:18:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lixteris Go to Quoted Post
I as I understand, I will be able to compete in Ghost Lobbies this Saturday, because I was 300+ last night at EMEA. In any case, didn't have enough time, 2:06 was possible, but without trying to cut corners intentionally and hope for the best. If anyone played in Round 1, how cutting track works in Ghost Races?

Ghost races are "Forza clean". Basically if you cut and it's still a clean lap, it's an acceptable cut. If you cut and it's dirty and you got a big benefit from it, you'll likely get penalized by gfinity if your finish impacts race results for the next round.
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:36:36 AM(UTC)
I managed to get around 150th (EMEA) in Weeks 1 and 2, was nice to see how I stacked up against the top drivers since I haven't played "competitive Forza" in years.

However, now that I know I'd have no hope of reaching playoffs the allure of the competition is gone on me. I also don't need any "exclusive cars" that are awarded since Forza Motorsport 7 already has 600+ that I can drive and upgrade whenever I want.

Spec/untuned racing isn't something I enjoy watching or participating in these days, nor is hotlapping/Rivals. Therefore the Forza Racing Championship doesn't appeal to me. This doesn't mean the competition is "bad" in any way, simply that what is promoting doesn't appeal to the type of player that I am.

This is where I bow out of ForzaRC then, but good luck to everybody else in achieving whatever personal goals they have for this Season.
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:42:22 PM(UTC)
i have the opposite reaction, the fact that the best drivers are so much faster than me gives me incentive to see just how much I can push myself. although I find it amusing that the only thing stopping me is the limited amount of time I have to practice.

I see it as the difference between college football and the NFL, in college each team only has a limited amount of time to practice, whereas in the NFL they can use any and all time they want. my restriction is because I have real life obligations, which is ironic because I would love to leave the job I have now and be a professional gamer.

I love competition when it is fair, and I cant wait to see where I end up when this is all over.
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:07:55 PM(UTC)
While I do agree that 'practice makes perfect' and that pushing yourself to get better will pay off, I've also kind of realised just how the top guys are blessed with natural talent that can't really be taught.. Reaction times, hand to eye coordination, multitasking, thinking ahead, they're things your born with I guess. Some of them are also perishable skills, which I suppose is one of the reasons you don't see IRL pro drivers in their 50's.

I also have time restrictions but have still managed 2000hrs in the past couple of years on Forza. Yes I have got marginally quicker but feel I've reached my ceiling now, and it's not a nice feeling because I would love to be quicker as I'm a naturally competitive.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 3:58:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Big Scissors911 Go to Quoted Post
While I do agree that 'practice makes perfect' and that pushing yourself to get better will pay off, I've also kind of realised just how the top guys are blessed with natural talent that can't really be taught.. Reaction times, hand to eye coordination, multitasking, thinking ahead, they're things your born with I guess. Some of them are also perishable skills, which I suppose is one of the reasons you don't see IRL pro drivers in their 50's.

I also have time restrictions but have still managed 2000hrs in the past couple of years on Forza. Yes I have got marginally quicker but feel I've reached my ceiling now, and it's not a nice feeling because I would love to be quicker as I'm a naturally competitive.

There are pro drivers in their 80s. Albeit they aren't racing at the elite level any more but they exist.

Crazy things happen in races no matter how you qualified. All you need to do is prepare to be consistent. That's what I do and it works out from time to time. I don't have elite skills in the classes of cars that are always selected in these things but I've noticed I've gotten better . It doesn't take me long like it used to to figure out the cars. Driving them fast is one thing, but the hard part of knowing where the car needs to go is easier.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error