This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:39:06 PM(UTC)
Hello,

This is my first post and regrettably it is not on a positive note. Earlier today I participated in the first round of ghost races in lobby 16 with no issues other than poor driving on my part. I managed to start the race in the wrong camera view and then proceeded to run 2.3 seconds off my qualifying pace. It was only by luck that there were only 5 participants in the first race so a fourth place finish moved me into round 2.

In round 2 I was slotted into COFFEEBAKER9238’s lobby. Race time was scheduled for 4:00 pm CST. I was sitting in the main menu of the game by 3:45 pm and never saw an invite to the lobby. If one was sent I sure didn’t see it. Anyway, at approximately 4:05 I messaged COFFEEBAKER and asked if he’d send me an invite. To his credit he did message me back and informed me I’d missed the start of race 1. This was disappointing, but I’m an adult so it wasn’t the end of the world. COFFEEBAKER said he would send an invite once race one ended and I could participate in the next two races, which he did.

This is where the problem began. I don’t know what was going on, but I could not get into the lobby. It would load the lobby then start spinning and give me an error message then disconnect me. The thing is I could hear this COFFEEBAKER talking the whole time while I tried 3 or 4 times to join. I’m sure he didn’t think I could hear him, but he was being extremely rude commenting that I was just wasting his time and I should just “bugger off!”. Now that got my blood boiling. Here I am, a customer of Microsoft’s and the Forza franchise and some person responsible for hosting a lobby in an official ForzaRC event is going to talk to (or about) me like that. I find it extremely unprofessional and just classless on his part.

For all I know COFFEEBAKER is the CEO of turn 10 and my garage will be empty the next time I decide to go for an online drive, but I feel like this incident deserves to be brought to light. No customer should ever deal with this type of disrespect and dismissal from a company who’s product they have invested money, and more importantly, time in.

All the guy would have had to say is, “Hey man, this isn’t working. I’m sorry but I need to start the next race. Hopefully you’ll be able to participate next time.”. I don’t think this would have been too much to ask.

#2 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 1:40:13 AM(UTC)
Nobody here can help you regarding this so I suggest contacting GFinity and sending them a support ticket.
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:26:12 AM(UTC)
I had the same problem joining. I hard reset my xbox and then fired it back up and was able to join the lobby after being invited
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:03:17 AM(UTC)
PJ - Thank you, understood. Who works for who and who’s responsible for what is difficult to figure out in these digital/virtual environments. I emailed Turn 10 and posted here so I doubt I’ll give this much more attention or effort. It just rubbed me the wrong way yesterday.

Swerve - Yeah, I’m sure a network reset would have taken care of it. I wasn’t too broken up about not being able to get in. The way I drove yesterday I certainly didn’t deserve to be in the top 80 on merit anyway.

Notification

Icon
Error