7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:54:44 AM(UTC)
Ran my initial laps w/o a ghost to chase, but I forgot to change the damage to Cosmetic Only. I got about 9 laps done before I ran out of gas. :-) Managed to set a 1:41.7xx. Decent start. Need to figure out how to work with the understeer, especially on corner exit since it's AWD.
#52 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:11:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Ran my initial laps w/o a ghost to chase, but I forgot to change the damage to Cosmetic Only. I got about 9 laps done before I ran out of gas. :-) Managed to set a 1:41.7xx. Decent start. Need to figure out how to work with the understeer, especially on corner exit since it's AWD.

Just go in to the Assist menu mid-race, switch from Simulation to Cosmetic, quit back to menu then go back in and change it back to Simulation - voila, 4 new tyres and a full tank, and you only lose one dirty lap as a result rather than two slow laps from doing a traditional pit-stop.
#53 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:24:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: L7A2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HelluvaStingray Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

One other thing: Is this the worlds most boring racing track or what? Loooooong corners make like 80% of the lap.

What I find more annoying is that there are no splits times for the entire lap so if you bump a wall anywhere & don't rewind it dirties your next lap.

a rivals on a track still broken after 6 months sums this game up

How do we know the track is broken? Perhaps it was designed with no sectors.

Weird, but not unseen in the game.

Lime Rock however is shorter and has one split.

Regarding this event, I've driven this car on rainy Maple Valley and hated it. Requires a brute approach to go around.

Edited by user Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:26:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#54 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:36:42 PM(UTC)
I'm usually a big fan of these events, and the premise of this one is very interesting (sort of / kind of reminds me of an older Top Gear USA episode where two of the hosts run digital laps of Sonoma vs Tanner running a real lap) , but I can't stand the Dubai circuit. The track was clearly designed by a psychopath.
#55 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:39:23 PM(UTC)

One other thing: Is this the worlds most boring racing track or what? Loooooong corners make like 80% of the lap.

What I find more annoying is that there are no splits times for the entire lap so if you bump a wall anywhere & don't rewind it dirties your next lap.

Wait, so on other tracks, there are ways to rewind without dirtying the lap?
#56 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:32:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZippyMcFunshine Go to Quoted Post

Rewind will always dirty the current lap
 4 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:39:29 PM(UTC)

No, the issue is you need a clean final sector (not including rewinds) for the next lap to also be clean. Since this track only has one sector, _any_ track limit indiscretion (cutting corners, running wide, hitting the wall etc) _anywhere_ on the lap (even the first corner) will dirty that lap AND the next one, unless you rewind back to before the incident. Rewinds don't count for that (they only dirty the current lap), hence if you nick the wall early on you can rewind back on to the previous lap (assuming you started the lap clean) to reset (bear in mind this dirties the previous lap so if it was a good one you'll lose it).

Edited by user Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:07:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

No, the issue is you need a clean final sector (not including rewinds) for the next lap to also be clean. Since this track only has one sector, _any_ track limit indiscretion (cutting corners, running wide, hitting the wall etc) _anywhere_ on the lap (even the first corner) will dirty that lap AND the next one, unless you rewind back to before the incident. Rewinds don't count for that (they only dirty the current lap), hence if you nick the wall early on you can rewind back on to the previous lap (assuming you started the lap clean) to reset (bear in mind this dirties the previous lap so if it was a good one you'll lose it).

Gotcha - thank you! The original post makes more sense now.

#59 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 3:13:34 AM(UTC)

Thanks, I was wondering why my first clean lap was marked as dirty!
#60 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 3:38:46 AM(UTC)
Has Tanner posted a time yet?
#61 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 3:59:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Kinda surprised that they didn't make this a drift event

People would riot. Decreasing your laptime with practice is one thing, trying to figure out exact angles, speeds, gears to stay in, when to use throttle vs. when to handbrake or clutch kick, how to stop spins......

Anyone have an idea on how fast he is normally? I'd think fairly fast because he is a professional after all, but the only game that comes up under that Gamertag is FM7, which he barely played. He did do the Forzathon for the Prowler though, so there's that.

He's a definitely a solid driver. Even when he was in Formula D he usually finished in top 5 and Rally X he would get podium most of the time. For me personally he is a fast driver.
#62 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 4:10:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Has Tanner posted a time yet?

Not as of last night.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
I hate AWD with a passion! So ... much ... understeer, especially on corner exit.
#64 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 4:25:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Pat Mustard x Go to Quoted Post
I hate AWD with a passion! So ... much ... understeer, especially on corner exit.

The Beetle has HUGE understeering problem. Clipped the wall a few times and will definitely go at it again.
#65 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 5:06:07 AM(UTC)
The biggest thing with this car is throttle control, I've struggled in several corners, but with a little throttle control there are several you can take at almost full tilt.
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 7:40:09 AM(UTC)
Noticed that several people have mentioned how we get offered the disco suit and not Tanner Foust suit.
I agree totally . It is the logical choice after all .
I often wonder at the decision making by those who are choosing the rewards for some of these events.
The event is Tanners VW , the participation award is the corrado . Great
Final prize doesnt matter either way , they could choose any locked car . I already have it so I wont worry about beating the time.
To get close to the time and get the disco suit ??( nothing wrong with it on its own . Just not a revelant prize ) Why not offer the Tanner suit ? makes sense right ??
#67 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 9:37:13 AM(UTC)
Probably a stupid question but if you beat Tanner do you get the disco suit? The way the WIR is written makes it sound like an either or kind of deal.
#68 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 9:49:11 AM(UTC)
the last bounty hunter I did not get my gifts 2min 10.751
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:07:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkilledUnit Go to Quoted Post
the last bounty hunter I did not get my gifts 2min 10.751

i haven't got them either (2:05.737) the event ended only a few days ago, and I think at least one of the prizes needs to be added to the game in the April update which has been delayed until at least next week. Wait until the April Update and new DLC car pack have been released before freaking out over the prizes that you haven't gotten yet. On a side note don't you think it would have made more sense to post about gifts from the March bounty hunt in the March bounty hunt thread?
#70 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:07:51 AM(UTC)
They haven't went out yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:09:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Probably a stupid question but if you beat Tanner do you get the disco suit? The way the WIR is written makes it sound like an either or kind of deal.

Yes, if you beat Tanner you get all the prizes.

1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:22:08 AM(UTC)

(bear in mind this dirties the previous lap so if it was a good one you'll lose it).

Actually, I've been through this before and was surprised. I ran my best lap then accidentally rewound back past the start finish line. So, as far as what my best lap in the session showed, it no longer counted. My best lap for that session continued to be a previous clean lap. I ran a few more laps and didn't beat the lap that I accidentally rewound back across the start finish line and dirtied. When I looked at the leaderboard at the end of the session, the lap I completed cleanly then dirtied by rewinding back was the leaderboard time. As soon as you run the lap clean it posts to the leaderboard. You can see similar things happen if you are running a rivals event at the same time as a friend. You can beat his time that was your target but if he reset the target while you were chasing it when it updates your target it can be your friend's target again. Or say you are in rivals, set a time, a friend beats it while you are still lapping, you end up with a time better than his time but when you go back out to messages it will say he beat you because he beat that lap time you had set at some point.
#73 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 12:22:56 PM(UTC)
This is definitely one of the trickier cars to drive, at least for me. Setting steering to simulation shaved 2 seconds off of my lap time. I am now sitting at a 1:42.009, if I could put together a good lap I think I could easily get this down to at least a 1:41.000

If Tanner can get his hands on a good wheel setup, I feel like he is going to dominate this event. I was chasing a 1:40.053 ghost and they were rather slow through the first half of the track. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tanner sets something close to a 1:39.2. There is a reason the reward for beating Tanner is a car that was previously available.

Edited by user Friday, April 13, 2018 12:27:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 4:11:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: four cam tbird Go to Quoted Post

(bear in mind this dirties the previous lap so if it was a good one you'll lose it).

Actually, I've been through this before and was surprised. I ran my best lap then accidentally rewound back past the start finish line. So, as far as what my best lap in the session showed, it no longer counted. My best lap for that session continued to be a previous clean lap. I ran a few more laps and didn't beat the lap that I accidentally rewound back across the start finish line and dirtied. When I looked at the leaderboard at the end of the session, the lap I completed cleanly then dirtied by rewinding back was the leaderboard time. As soon as you run the lap clean it posts to the leaderboard. You can see similar things happen if you are running a rivals event at the same time as a friend. You can beat his time that was your target but if he reset the target while you were chasing it when it updates your target it can be your friend's target again. Or say you are in rivals, set a time, a friend beats it while you are still lapping, you end up with a time better than his time but when you go back out to messages it will say he beat you because he beat that lap time you had set at some point.

So, in other words, I'm not the only one who tries to always ensure I execute the first turn of a lap perfectly. :)

It's interesting, though, that the Dubai Mountain Course doesn't have any checkpoints. It explains why I had such a hard time getting a clean lap. And at this point, I'm no longer interested. As mentioned before, this course was designed by a psychopath.
#75 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 11:05:26 PM(UTC)
I could have sworn that this track had a sector split at the hairpin outside the hotel......although I've only driven it the opposite direction until now, I wonder if that makes a difference?
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error