6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:35:20 AM(UTC)
Was this explained in the latest #ForzaFriday? No one asked?
#102 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 2:38:46 PM(UTC)
More than half a week later and still no explanation...
#103 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:48:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
Was this explained in the latest #ForzaFriday? No one asked?

No it wasn't.

The Deadman: Forza veteran.
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:57:32 PM(UTC)
Yeah I can't understand why random people received gifted cars. After all the dissent towards locked cars, this was the last thing I expected to happen. BTW I only received the Monte Carlo, of which I had already received one slightly after the game launched during a crash to desktop. Now I have 2, but none of the other randomly gifted cars that others received. I say randomly, because judging by the other posters in this thread, that clearly appears to be the case.

lucy
 3 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:40:33 AM(UTC)
Guess we will never get an answer as to why some did the same thing as the ones who received cars and got nothing,is it really that hard to give an explanation T10? If there were not so many locked cars,would not be a problem but after all this time there are too many cars still locked!!
 2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:02:38 AM(UTC)
I wish I could say I was surprised by the lack of communication... It was kinda bad back when Che Chou posted more about the game on NeoGAF than he did here, but at least then we got the information when someone copy and pasted it over here. Now we get nothing on the "official" forums outside of a few banter-y posts in bounty threads.

What is the "community manager" doing that is so important that they can't take a few minutes to warn us when we have the opportunity to win some of the locked cars? It would take maybe 5 minutes to throw a post up here, and if they have been doing any paying attention here they must know that the whole locked cars thing isn't very popular and that we are all pretty desperate to get as many as we can, and therefore would appreciate knowing when we have the chance to get them.

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2018 6:04:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:17:39 AM(UTC)
Another guess: any correlation between receiving cars (or not) and being registered (or not) at forzarc.gfinity.net?
#108 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:40:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Another guess: any correlation between receiving cars (or not) and being registered (or not) at forzarc.gfinity.net?

I'm registered at gfinity and didn't receive any of those 3 cars.

I watched the whole invitational via the FRC stream AND! Mixer.

I received all of the 'quest' cars from FRC but not the other 3 via ingame gift message.
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#109 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:48:46 AM(UTC)

Definitely not. Thanks for searching an explanation for getting or not getting these gifts. If there ever was a reason it must have been something else.
#110 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 9:09:35 AM(UTC)

I'm registered and didn't receive the Monte Carlo. Just the Chevelle (rivals) and the Torana and Falcon.
#111 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:59:08 AM(UTC)
Registered and I received only the Monte Carlo
#112 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:02:36 PM(UTC)
I’m registered and did not receive the Monte Carlo, the Torana, or the Falcon.
#113 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:03:20 PM(UTC)
I am registered and received Falcon and Torana, no Monte Carlo or Chevelle.

🇨🇦
#114 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 3:39:32 PM(UTC)
I'm registered and I've only had the Chevelle for the Rivals.

The Deadman: Forza veteran.
 3 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:05:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post
I wish I could say I was surprised by the lack of communication... It was kinda bad back when Che Chou posted more about the game on NeoGAF than he did here, but at least then we got the information when someone copy and pasted it over here. Now we get nothing on the "official" forums outside of a few banter-y posts in bounty threads.

What is the "community manager" doing that is so important that they can't take a few minutes to warn us when we have the opportunity to win some of the locked cars? It would take maybe 5 minutes to throw a post up here, and if they have been doing any paying attention here they must know that the whole locked cars thing isn't very popular and that we are all pretty desperate to get as many as we can, and therefore would appreciate knowing when we have the chance to get them.

The Community Manager is Mechberg and he does very little to engage with us here and this has been the case for years. This is not the first time over the last few years these words have been written here.

Turn 10 allows these forums to become as toxic as they are by not even communicating with the moderation team to help calm things down. This is not the first time and not even the first game in the franchise to have such issues.

Many a die hard fan has been allowed to lose hope and many walk away entirely. So to me it's clear that Turn 10 do not care about the hardcore and long serving fans, especially if you dare to make use of the forums.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#116 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 7:06:26 PM(UTC)
Perhaps the people who got the cars could try finding out what they have in common? Sounds like a good start.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 6 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 8:40:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps the people who got the cars could try finding out what they have in common? Sounds like a good start.

I think that's what we've been trying to do the last few pages of this thread. As you can see (or not), there hasn't been much correlation. 🤔

🇨🇦
#118 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:33:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

I'm registered and didn't receive the Monte Carlo. Just the Chevelle (rivals) and the Torana and Falcon.

Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Registered and I received only the Monte Carlo

Originally Posted by: SkittishSauce57 Go to Quoted Post
I’m registered and did not receive the Monte Carlo, the Torana, or the Falcon.

Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
I am registered and received Falcon and Torana, no Monte Carlo or Chevelle.

Originally Posted by: DEADMAN GT Go to Quoted Post
I'm registered and I've only had the Chevelle for the Rivals.

This is fun. Kind of like a scavenger hunt!

I was not registered, received the Torana and Falcon, no Monte or Chevelle (and I did NOT do the RC event for the Chevelle, so that isn't a surprise)
#119 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:25:47 AM(UTC)
I got the Falcon and the Torana, no Monte Carlo.

Perhaps it's based on hours driven, miles driven and races?

I'm near 150 hours, and over 10,000 miles (I think), but not at 1000 races.

Thoughts?
#120 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:22:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pushead CIC Go to Quoted Post
I got the Falcon and the Torana, no Monte Carlo.

Perhaps it's based on hours driven, miles driven and races?

I'm near 150 hours, and over 10,000 miles (I think), but not at 1000 races.

Thoughts?

Then i would have gotten all cars, with about 500 hours of playtime. I have only gotten the chevelle.
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:30:09 AM(UTC)
I got the Monte Carlo and a few days ago the Chevelle. I'm assuming the Chevelle is a participation award for setting a time in the FRC rival event (not the bounty hunter).
#122 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:35:47 PM(UTC)
I received 4 cars total. I got the Monte, which is the 2nd in my garage. The first was a level up reward car. And I got the Chevelle, Torano and Falcon. I've have no idea why I got any of them. I registered for the Forza RC thing but didn't do anything in particular. I've never used Mixer or Twitch so it can't have anything to do with those. I've done all the rivals challenges they've offered so far but I'm sure others did as well and didn't get the 4 cars. So yeah that's kinda weird.
#123 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:16:59 AM(UTC)
I have barely even looked at the game for a few months but have recieved the Falcon, Torana & the the stupid big-wheeler. I do 1 league race p/week for the participation car, check the..ahem..specialty dealer every Friday and set a time in any rivals event that offers a proper car as a prize. Maybe some test'n'tune or a painting session. Could these cars be incentive for us to play more? T10 wouldn't exactly shout this from the rooftops!
#124 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:30:28 AM(UTC)
From what I was told in a email the cars are rewards for setting a lap time in the forzarc events within rivals I just got the Chevy car after setting a time on the last event no real communication to tell us ther was cars for this only I emailed Forza fed back I would have missed out on that ladt car so going foward setting times in these events should get rewards I am not registered for anything at all as timezones never right for these live streams they do
#125 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:01:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
From what I was told in a email the cars are rewards for setting a lap time in the forzarc events within rivals I just got the Chevy car after setting a time on the last event no real communication to tell us ther was cars for this only I emailed Forza fed back I would have missed out on that ladt car so going foward setting times in these events should get rewards I am not registered for anything at all as timezones never right for these live streams they do

There are two Chevys.

The Chevelle you get for a lap time in ForzaRC Rivals. This is widely known. What about the Monte, though?
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error