This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:29:28 PM(UTC)
Here is something to talk about,

With this recent minecraft stuff coming into Forza,

Why not add a Minecart in?

Lol..

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:57:34 AM(UTC)
Maybe we should try spice things up a tad.

A game of "I spy..." perhaps... 😂

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 5 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 4:34:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

"Little progress"? What about Leagues, improved multiplayer lobbies with spectator mode, improvements to the design editor, actual involvement from developers in the Rivals mode... All those were added after release.

There's zero design in Forza 7 "based around buying prize crates". You do not know what you're talking about. No cars were ever distributed in crates, money is very easy to come by, and the prize crates can be largely ignored by those just wanting to race. Even if they backed off following the negative reaction from the community, I honestly can't see anything in the game that forces you to buy the crates.

Yes, little progress. Added in after release is no good, they should've been there when the game launched. On that subject, the game launched in a dreadful state. I could barely make it through a race series without a crash to the dashboard.

Correct, no cars were, but they were planned to. Those crates were designed with microtransactions in mind. Even if they did back off in the end, we shouldn't let up on them else they'll be back with a vengeance in future games.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:21:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Those crates were designed with microtransactions in mind. Even if they did back off in the end, we shouldn't let up on them else they'll be back with a vengeance in future games.

The crates are really just a combination of purchasing spins from FH3 and card packs in FM6. All of which could potentially be used with the system they actually designed with microtransactions in mind back in FM4 - Tokens. Hate where it's due rather than where games media directs it with magical buzzwords.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:50:40 AM(UTC)
I´d like to play a game my way, not as somebody else wants me to play. I´d like to buy all cars when I want to, not when somebody allows me to get a certain car. I have been here from day one, have seen nearly every bug in the game. I feel uncomfartable with the way the gameplay has turned out. Especially the locked cars and how they are gifted - or not. So in the end my interest in FM7 has dropped to a low level. Just do what´s necessary and that´s it. In the meantime I finish FH3 which is working like a charm. For me it´s not worth complaining about the state of FM7.
 10 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:18:29 AM(UTC)
I check this forum from time to time to see whats going on and if we're running out of things to talk about its because we're running out of reasons to invest time, this has been my Forza 7 experience to date:

-Excitedly start a new game to check out all the new customization, only to realize they didn't license new bodykits, just recycled some from Forza 4 and threw in some odd looking in house designs
-Single player campaign fairly useless since I can't build my cars anymore
-Try to enjoy multi-player with my friends only to find its the same old wreckfest
-Try to enjoy private lobby on Suzuka with a good friend but we can't turn on ai cars
-Try to goof around instead with drift missiles on the airfield test track but its not there
-See a cool car in Forza Horizon, goes to try it out in FM7 only to see its locked behind some ridiculous reason
-Try to check out the new day/night cycle only to realize there is none, just some preset options and even tracks that should have night/weather don't
-Look forward to new car packs to try exciting new sports cars only to find more SUVs.

I casually complain because I've invested hundreds of dollars into this franchise over the years, but FM7 felt like a giant middle finger. Hopefully they fix it, but if not I won't stick around for FM8. If you don't like my opinion thats cool, its nothing personal.

Edited by user Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:20:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:44:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Those crates were designed with microtransactions in mind. Even if they did back off in the end, we shouldn't let up on them else they'll be back with a vengeance in future games.

The crates are really just a combination of purchasing spins from FH3 and card packs in FM6. All of which could potentially be used with the system they actually designed with microtransactions in mind back in FM4 - Tokens. Hate where it's due rather than where games media directs it with magical buzzwords.

No, not really.

The crates have mod cards, driver gear, badges, and cars in them. It's pretty clear what direction they were wanting to go in.
 7 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:50:07 AM(UTC)
Correct, no cars were, but they were planned to. Those crates were designed with microtransactions in mind. Even if they did back off in the end, we shouldn't let up on them else they'll be back with a vengeance in future games.

We can thank EA for that. 😂

🇨🇦
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:52:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

We can thank EA for that. 😂

Oh aye, for pushing it right up to the tipping point.
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:35:33 PM(UTC)

Regardless of what there is to talk about, the forums have been progressively since FM2 and the transition to FM3. Whatever problems the forums have transcend any gameplay/content issues as player count and sales stay the same, or even increase, but forum members leave with no one new to replace them.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:51:37 PM(UTC)
same 3-8 pages added a day to the forum. I wish it was less to be honest.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:55:47 PM(UTC)

No, not really.

The crates have mod cards, driver gear, badges, and cars in them. It's pretty clear what direction they were wanting to go in.

Yes, really. The spins had cars and probably would've had Driver Gear if it had existed. The card packs had cards. If the prize crates had been presented as spins instead of crates the easily led wouldn't have connected them with the loot crate media storm. It's a system that was basically already in place in prior Forza games, and nowhere near as blatantly greedy and microtransaction oriented Tokens that were also already in place.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:15:26 PM(UTC)

"Little progress"? What about Leagues, improved multiplayer lobbies with spectator mode, improvements to the design editor, actual involvement from developers in the Rivals mode... All those were added after release.

There's zero design in Forza 7 "based around buying prize crates". You do not know what you're talking about. No cars were ever distributed in crates, money is very easy to come by, and the prize crates can be largely ignored by those just wanting to race. Even if they backed off following the negative reaction from the community, I honestly can't see anything in the game that forces you to buy the crates.

Yes, little progress. Added in after release is no good, they should've been there when the game launched. On that subject, the game launched in a dreadful state. I could barely make it through a race series without a crash to the dashboard.

You probably didn't understand the point of my reply to that other member, so I will not go into that again. He was praising PD for adding stuff to Gran Turismo in patches, I said Turn 10 does the same with Forza.

With regards to the prize crates, they may have intended to make them purchasable with real money, but, without anything of value in them (read: locked cars), they'd have been useless either way. Pay to win has existed since the last decade at the very least.

In fact, you don't need real money cost for the crates to dangerously dabble into gambling territory.

What about wheelspins in older Forzas? In Horizon 3, you can acquire a perk that will let you buy them. And there's a catch: VIP bonuses don't apply to bought wheelspins. Wouldn't be such a bad thing if rare cars such as the Supra HE, which remain exclusive to wheelspins and which are actually useful in gameplay (the Supra has a drift bonus and you can get lots of perk points with it in no time) weren't stupidly hard to get.

Wheelspins are money pits that can make you poor very quickly in the search for that elusive rare HE car. There's none of this sort in Forza 7.

Seriously, you're part of a select group who spams EVERY SINGLE THREAD about locked cars complaining about the fact the cars are not available from the start and who keeps derailing threads such as monthly Bounty Hunter, etc. to discuss stuff unrelated to whatever the thread is about. I come to the forums to provide help, take part in challenges and read about news, not to deal with whining, whining and more whining. I hate the concept of locked cars but Forza 7 is not the first game (even in Motorsport series) with unicorns and certainly won't be the last, so what use is it to pollute the forum with negativity rather than offer constructive criticism?
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:48:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

Not the first time I'm reading the "I can't build my cars in career anymore" complaint, and I really don't understand. Why are you saying that? You can absolutely do your own builds in career. Go to the tuning&upgrades menu, select "homologate car" then "install stock parts", now go the upgrade shop, and do your very own build. Am I missing something?
 7 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:13:23 PM(UTC)

You probably didn't understand the point of my reply to that other member, so I will not go into that again. He was praising PD for adding stuff to Gran Turismo in patches, I said Turn 10 does the same with Forza.

With regards to the prize crates, they may have intended to make them purchasable with real money, but, without anything of value in them (read: locked cars), they'd have been useless either way. Pay to win has existed since the last decade at the very least.

In fact, you don't need real money cost for the crates to dangerously dabble into gambling territory.

What about wheelspins in older Forzas? In Horizon 3, you can acquire a perk that will let you buy them. And there's a catch: VIP bonuses don't apply to bought wheelspins. Wouldn't be such a bad thing if rare cars such as the Supra HE, which remain exclusive to wheelspins and which are actually useful in gameplay (the Supra has a drift bonus and you can get lots of perk points with it in no time) weren't stupidly hard to get.

Wheelspins are money pits that can make you poor very quickly in the search for that elusive rare HE car. There's none of this sort in Forza 7.

Seriously, you're part of a select group who spams EVERY SINGLE THREAD about locked cars complaining about the fact the cars are not available from the start and who keeps derailing threads such as monthly Bounty Hunter, etc. to discuss stuff unrelated to whatever the thread is about. I come to the forums to provide help, take part in challenges and read about news, not to deal with whining, whining and more whining. I hate the concept of locked cars but Forza 7 is not the first game (even in Motorsport series) with unicorns and certainly won't be the last, so what use is it to pollute the forum with negativity rather than offer constructive criticism?
And yet,here you are polluting even more!!!

#41 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:41:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

Not the first time I'm reading the "I can't build my cars in career anymore" complaint, and I really don't understand. Why are you saying that? You can absolutely do your own builds in career. Go to the tuning&upgrades menu, select "homologate car" then "install stock parts", now go the upgrade shop, and do your very own build. Am I missing something?

I think he is referring to limitless class builds in single player. You can run a custom setup just as long as it is within the homologation limits.

🇨🇦
 17 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:50:10 PM(UTC)

So just because something's been in place since the last generation, it's automatically okay? Course it is!

And you're part of the select group who does nothing but defend every decision and every tiny thing about the game. You're as bad, if not worse. As soon as someone dares to voice a concern or a criticism, you're straight in there with a set of armour on desperate to defend Turn10 and the Forza franchise.

What use is a forum that only has positive feedback? It becomes a worthless echo chamber for fanboys. It provides a false outlook on the public opinion on the game/series/whatever, if all there is is fanboys constantly praising it. For goodness sake, they probably have enough "yes men" on the board of directors without a group of forum users leading some form of crusade against any and all criticism.
 11 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:16:44 PM(UTC)

Seriously, you're part of a select group who spams EVERY SINGLE THREAD about...

OhhhMuhGawd..

You need to take a step back and look at your own repeatedly repetitive postings
 11 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:22:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: P00hhead Go to Quoted Post

Seriously, you're part of a select group who spams EVERY SINGLE THREAD about...

OhhhMuhGawd..

You need to take a step back and look at your own repeatedly repetitive postings
I'm so glad you said it!! It needed to be!! Thank you.

Edited by user Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:25:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:04:41 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

What are you smoking

[Mod Edit]

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:23:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:16:44 PM(UTC)
If we get two good expansions I think there will be plenty to talk about. Let's pray.
 3 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:25:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit]

What are you smoking

[Mod Edit]

Should you ever find yourself in a moment of quiet contemplation wondering why you remain on moderation, let this serve as perhaps a useful starting point in solving the mystery.

✔ Verified Moderator

2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:28:13 AM(UTC)
Some of the rest of you could do with reevaluating how you spend your valuable time these days as well.

✔ Verified Moderator

#49 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:09:34 AM(UTC)
I played a lot of Forza back in Forza 2 and 3, started to drop off in 4, and then completely gave up in 5. I only bought 6 to have the points, but decided I would try again in 7 because I assumed (oops) many of the things players complained about would be restored by now. From my own perspective it is just too hard to find player created lobbies, the leaderboards are a mess, I can't race an opponents ghost, or if you can I can't figure out how, and I hate that it takes a vote to boot players from a lobby.

Back when I played on a nightly basis I would create my room, friends would join, and off we go. Others would join and if they didn't have a mic, boom, I kicked them. If they raced dirty, boom, I kicked them. No voting, just kick them. We would play from the first track on the list all the way through to the last track on the list every single night.

I do like homologation to a point, but I also miss being able to use nearly any car I want in nearly any series I want, and the ability to randomly choose a series from a varied list that allowed me to race as I liked. Want to run B class cars in a variety of different series? No problem. Want to move up and race A class cars for a while? No problem. Even when a series in Forza 7 says you can race any car you would like, I get a message that I have to homologate the car before continuing.

As others have said, I hate that I can't gift a car to my friend that I share tunes with. He and I spend a few hours a night tweaking cars and it would be nice to just gift a car rather than have to go back to the tuning menu and list off what parts are there and what settings we are using for every single car. It would be even nicer if I could gift him credits as well since he buys more cars than I do which usually means I have more money.

I am getting some satisfaction from 7, but not as much as I hoped when I bought the game, a new wheel setup, and built a homemade rig to drive. Since Turn 10 seems to do best with even numbered Forza games, here's hoping Forza 8 gets back on "track".
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:28:48 AM(UTC)

Even the VIP bonus had its benefits. No double money, but easier progression with experience bonus, which meant easier access to cars. People misunderstood that and complained. If we take Horizon 3, VIP there was almost useless for a year, all it was, was another DLC with double money from wheelspin, until there was a VIP-exclusive Forzathon.

This is. not correct why do you think that VIP gave XP it never did the Original VIP was 5 Mod cards giving only 100% credit bonus 5 times for each card so VIP could only be used for a max of 25 times.

Now then one of the VIP car the Ram Runner did give a XP bonus at the Airport but this was short lived as it was made a credit bonus only.

So at no time did VIP give XP So why do you believe that it did.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error