This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:49:55 AM(UTC)
I've been monitoring this forum very closely for the last 2-3 weeks. It seems like over the past week or so, the Forza 7 forums have become rather quiet, and the community has very little to talk about.

I'm not implying this is a negative thing. In fact, I think it is expected to a degree. The game has been released for 6 months now and very few features that the community identified as problematic since release have been resolved. I think most importantly, there has been zero legitimate discussion regarding an expansion pack.

Thoughts? Is there anything new and exciting to discuss?

Thanks

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:04:02 PM(UTC)
Most of us are tired of posting about the issues that plague the game. I just spent 20 minutes in the forums looking for the times to beat for a rival event. I shouldn't have to, it should be available in-game but isn't. I can guarantee if they don't fix the majority of visual bugs introduced in the last two updates that they will lose more players.

Promised features, uninspired car packs, lack of multiplayer choice are all contributing to negative responses. For myself, the only reason to launch FM7 is to complete the Forzathon then (sad this month, and why is it a month long?) or to drift semi-occasionally. I get a better level of racing and features in Horizon sadly so that's where my game-time continues to go. I want to like FM7 but I can't stand it constantly getting in the way of fun.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:07:23 PM(UTC)
You want a discussion about things to discuss?

Originally Posted by: SoccerCoachXtrm Go to Quoted Post
I think most importantly, there has been zero legitimate discussion regarding an expansion pack.

Although there hasn't been a new post in this thread in 12 days:
https://forums.forzamoto...shlist-Speculation.aspx
With 165 posts in this thread maybe everything has been discussed already.

You can search for existing discussions in the top right of your screen.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:24:12 PM(UTC)
In addition to other things mentioned, most recently, I wouldn't be surprised if forum use took a hit due to holiday travel. I just got back from a weekend trip to visit family, as have most of my friends. Several businesses in the US and Europe were closed Friday, and some Monday. Now many people are back to work/school and getting into the swing of things before slacking off on a video game forum. :-)

Either way, I wouldn't read into it too much.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:31:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WinterR3ap3R Go to Quoted Post
Most of us are tired of posting about the issues that plague the game. I just spent 20 minutes in the forums looking for the times to beat for a rival event. I shouldn't have to, it should be available in-game but isn't. I can guarantee if they don't fix the majority of visual bugs introduced in the last two updates that they will lose more players.

Promised features, uninspired car packs, lack of multiplayer choice are all contributing to negative responses. For myself, the only reason to launch FM7 is to complete the Forzathon then (sad this month, and why is it a month long?) or to drift semi-occasionally. I get a better level of racing and features in Horizon sadly so that's where my game-time continues to go. I want to like FM7 but I can't stand it constantly getting in the way of fun.

Shouldnt have taken you that long
The times are in the very first post of the bounty hunter thread...as they always are
They are also in game if you follow the bountys gamertags

Edited by user Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:33:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:37:49 PM(UTC)
Sorry I've been pretty busy but I'll try and get back to providing my usual sarcastic, GIF heavy, emoji filled posts soon. 🤗

🇨🇦
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:43:49 PM(UTC)
Far Cry 5 maybe?
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:51:29 PM(UTC)
I've been monitoring this forum very closely for the last 2-3 weeks. It seems like over the past week or so, the Forza 7 forums have become rather quiet, and the community has very little to talk about.

I'm not implying this is a negative thing. In fact, I think it is expected to a degree. The game has been released for 6 months now and very few features that the community identified as problematic since release have been resolved. I think most importantly, there has been zero legitimate discussion regarding an expansion pack.

Thanks

I think you answered your own question there.
I participate & follow a few games & Forza 7 has seen very little progress in comparison to games like GT Sport & Iracing.
GT Sport has seen multiple updates released nearly every week along with various new cars.
Iracing in the last year has released Dirt Oval Racing,Rally Cross & LMP1 cars & series & other tracks.

Some sort of multiplayer rating system similar to GT Sport or Iracing has to be implemented in Forza 8 otherwise the game will simply become a game for car collectors & crashers.

F7 has a great car selection & some good options for Single player AI races but the game is over complicated,riddled with bugs,has to many features removed (e.g.AI multiplayer) & instead has added features like race suits & prize crates.There are way to many cars that are in the game that you cannot buy without trawling through forums etc.to find out how to obtain them.Can only assume these were an intrinsic part of the game design which was probably designed around players purchasing prize crates.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:57:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:07:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wurze1Gummidge Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

I think you answered your own question there.
I participate & follow a few games & Forza 7 has seen very little progress in comparison to games like GT Sport & Iracing.
GT Sport has seen multiple updates released nearly every week along with various new cars.
Iracing in the last year has released Dirt Oval Racing,Rally Cross & LMP1 cars & series & other tracks.

Some sort of multiplayer rating system similar to GT Sport or Iracing has to be implemented in Forza 8 otherwise the game will simply become a game for car collectors & crashers.

F7 has a great car selection & some good options for Single player AI races but the game is over complicated,riddled with bugs,has to many features removed (e.g.AI multiplayer) & instead has added features like race suits & prize crates.There are way to many cars that are in the game that you cannot buy without trawling through forums etc.to find out how to obtain them.Can only assume these were an intrinsic part of the game design which was probably designed around players purchasing prize crates.

"Little progress"? What about Leagues, improved multiplayer lobbies with spectator mode, improvements to the design editor, actual involvement from developers in the Rivals mode... All those were added after release.

iRacing is not a fair comparison. Their game is a service.

As for GT Sport, they're just releasing what should have always had shipped with the game in the first place, and their track list is still severely lacking. The fact all these cars are coming for free and are mostly road cars should speak for itself: they're trying to bring back the crowd who, same as it occurred with Forza 7 and homologation, was frustrated at Gran Turismo's new direction.

There's zero design in Forza 7 "based around buying prize crates". You do not know what you're talking about. No cars were ever distributed in crates, money is very easy to come by, and the prize crates can be largely ignored by those just wanting to race. Even if they backed off following the negative reaction from the community, I honestly can't see anything in the game that forces you to buy the crates.

Even the VIP bonus had its benefits. No double money, but easier progression with experience bonus, which meant easier access to cars. People misunderstood that and complained. If we take Horizon 3, VIP there was almost useless for a year, all it was, was another DLC with double money from wheelspin, until there was a VIP-exclusive Forzathon.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:25:13 PM(UTC)
Ive been racing a lot more lately improving my skills for the Forza Championship, I'm sure many others are as well.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:02:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
"Little progress"? What about Leagues, improved multiplayer lobbies with spectator mode, improvements to the design editor, actual involvement from developers in the Rivals mode... All those were added after release.

Is FM7 the first Forza game to have Leagues and a spectator mode?
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:13:07 AM(UTC)
My thoughts and observations are that things here dropped massively from the move from X360 -> X1. That is namely the move from FM4 to FM5.

Back in the days of FM3/FM4, there were posts all over about people doing mini competitions, race leagues, cr and car giveaways. People from way back may remember the Crime Doesn't Pay thread, or the Forza Track Days series. That was when these forums were at their prime.

I recently tried to bring back the Forza Track Days, but the turnout was less than poor. One or two people signed up, whereas we sometimes needed 2 lobbies running concurrently due to the massive turnout before.

The forums are so quiet.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:24:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post
My thoughts and observations are that things here dropped massively from the move from X360 -> X1. That is namely the move from FM4 to FM5.

Back in the days of FM3/FM4, there were posts all over about people doing mini competitions, race leagues, cr and car giveaways. People from way back may remember the Crime Doesn't Pay thread, or the Forza Track Days series. That was when these forums were at their prime.

I recently tried to bring back the Forza Track Days, but the turnout was less than poor. One or two people signed up, whereas we sometimes needed 2 lobbies running concurrently due to the massive turnout before.

The forums are so quiet.

A huge part of it is the loss of many features like custom multiplayer races with AI, ability to gift cars to friends, a club garage which grants access to every member (like in FH1) and the general poor state of multiplayer in FM7 (extremely laggy car selection, game freezes, connection losses, no real ghost leaderboards for classes, numerous other bugs and shortcomings).
Further the absence of a penalty system, real pit stops with tire choices and so on. FM7 just can't hold a candle to other mulitplayer racing games like GT Sport, iRacing, Project Cars 2 or even F1.

Saying, many features that help a community to stay alive are just not present in this game.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:25:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:32:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

The times are in the very first post of the bounty hunter thread...as they always are

Shouldn't have to look in the forums in the first place! Should be on the homepage of the rivals event clear as day without having to follow said individual.
Mysigpic
2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 12.7 @ 111.2
mid 8s w/ a "little time and money"
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:10:55 AM(UTC)
I used to be extremely active on this forum but not anymore. After Forza 6 I was really looking forward to Forza 7 but even though it is a better game, the lack of a jump forward has left me really dissapointed and I find it hard to get my appetite back for the game. Turn 10 prioritised quantity over quality and it shows in the number of refunds, complaints, crashes, glitches, bugs and longevity of the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:35:51 AM(UTC)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty weak.The only thing new is the changes to the design editor!
The other things you mention were in already in previous games & arguably should have been there on release.

4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:19:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wurze1Gummidge Go to Quoted Post

[/quote]

Pretty weak.The only thing new is the changes to the design editor!
The other things you mention were in already in previous games & arguably should have been there on release.

[/quote]

Agreed though I don't know of any improvements to rivals. Only thing that's changed is now you have to view the replay to race that ghost whereas it wasn't like that at launch. Plus rivals is still a shell of what it was compared to every other Forza motorsport game.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:24:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post

The forums are so quiet.

A huge part of it is the loss of many features like custom multiplayer races with AI, ability to gift cars to friends, a club garage which grants access to every member (like in FH1) and the general poor state of multiplayer in FM7 (extremely laggy car selection, game freezes, connection losses, no real ghost leaderboards for classes, numerous other bugs and shortcomings).
Further the absence of a penalty system, real pit stops with tire choices and so on. FM7 just can't hold a candle to other mulitplayer racing games like GT Sport, iRacing, Project Cars 2 or even F1.

Saying, many features that help a community to stay alive are just not present in this game.

Totally agree.

Whilst it's not a bad game, it just isn't a community-type game. By that, I mean whilst the game is ok to play by yourself, there isn't much that appeals to bring everyone together.

This is kinda repeating what you're saying. The lack of clubs, player created lobbies, etc, that paired with a terrible online dynamic, means people don't want to play online. The one thing to bring people together, is driving people away. What we get instead is people creating posts about how awful it is - driving people away even more...

TL:DR - a lack of features to bring people together + bad online dynamic between player = angry forum posts + lack of community.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:25:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdotjoseph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Shouldn't have to look in the forums in the first place! Should be on the homepage of the rivals event clear as day without having to follow said individual.

This is my point regarding the rivals.

Regarding trawling the forums: not everyone is a die-hard fan and willing to spend hours reading through everything, even when using the search feature.

But back to the game: some of those rivals times are ridiculously quick. I just want the VW Type 2 and that time is in the top 10% of that leaderboard. Not impossible, just really quick. Also, why are the top 3 prizes within 1 second and the last two up to +20 seconds over that? Thought the times would be more spread out.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:27:20 AM(UTC)
There's not much going on at the moment, unfortunately, other than the occasional ForzaRC blurb (which has it's own forum section anyway), the CBH event that will be ending on the 9th, and the Forzathons for this month that can be completed in about 20 minutes.

Next week a new update and car pack (last of the Car Pass!) will drop, so that's sure to bring some traffic in. If a clue thread pops up on Friday, that'll bring a bit in over the weekend as well. Otherwise, I don't think this place will be consistently lively for much of the foreseeable future, unless an expansion comes.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:41:11 AM(UTC)
I really miss that "Crime Doesn't Pay" thread.
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:39:30 PM(UTC)
The lack of enthusiasm isn't just around here either, other forums for the game are dead much earlier in this game's cycle than they have been for previous games.

The private organized leagues are still going though, and that's where you will find most of the more dedicated community nowadays.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:47:46 PM(UTC)
Running out of things to talk about,heck.i'm running out of things to do,the game has become comfortably numb!!!
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:08:11 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 does nothing to promote the use of these forums.

They barely use it themselves.

They certainly do not actively engage the community here.

Any bursts of activity are purely community borne and it's a testament to how the community used to be, that there can be healthy amounts of activity here at times.

To be clear - I include the mods in the grouping "community".
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:59:36 PM(UTC)
This is the first Motorsport game which I don't have the urge to pick up and play. And I've played every Forza game (except Motorsport 5).

Yeah, the forums used to be a buzz back in the golden years of the Xbox 360. Every single forum was active; you'd have track day events, drifting comps, photographers going crazy with new shots and all.. nowadays it's almost like walking into a shopping centre like Westfield Promenade.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error