This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:53:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sarcasme Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or does the Corvette handle completely differently online than in rivals or free play? When racing online the transmission is super jerky and the car tries to spin out every time I downshift under braking.

I just did first my first heat and couldn't even get better than a 2:09 when i was averaging about a 2:06 flat in Rivals. Yuck.

Drove the same to me. The difference is simulation tires. Car doesn't drive the same on the first lap but after it's ok. I actually thought the car gripped better but that may just be from getting used to it.

So update on this. In my round 2 Sebring race the Corvette felt normal again, i was able to run in the mid 2:06 range. Exact same assists, presumably exact same race settings..

Not sure what happened, but I'm 100% sure that the car was not behaving correctly in round 1. Maybe there was something weird with the lobby, which would make sense given that the winner in my round 1 heat only had a fastest lap of 2:08ish...
#77 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:58:20 PM(UTC)
So I ended up in a 3 way for for 6th in my top 80 battle after 3 races. Pretty fortunate too since I forget to put manual clutch on the holden at Bathurst.

Not sure if I made top 24 or what a tie breaker rule would be, but man it's a neat story. I wasn't very fast but consistency helped prevent terrible finishes. Fun day.

Swerve, it was great racing with you today. I may be one of those involved in the 3 way tie with you. I didnt get any practice time in this week but it was still a fun experience.

Crazy how fast some guys are, especially Lightning. Was humbled for sure.
#78 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:58:20 PM(UTC)
So I ended up in a 3 way for for 6th in my top 80 battle after 3 races. Pretty fortunate too since I forget to put manual clutch on the holden at Bathurst.

Not sure if I made top 24 or what a tie breaker rule would be, but man it's a neat story. I wasn't very fast but consistency helped prevent terrible finishes. Fun day.

I did the same thing at bathurst lol...somehow came away with third there...and yes, consistency is huge, or at least it looks like it will be

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 3:00:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 3:01:22 PM(UTC)

Well done, you must have been losing so much time on the straights without clutch! This is the first time I've taken part in FRC and the nerves got to me at the beginning of my top 400 EMEA race. I braked way too late into the hairpin which sent me to the back. I caught up over the remaining laps but the mistake was too costly, ended up 7th.
#80 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:31:12 PM(UTC)
good job swerve. I got to the top 80 races but only managed a 12th 12th and 16th finish, although that last race will probably be amended due to penalties.
#81 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:32:58 PM(UTC)
I've noticed that on some of the lobbies for the Saturday Ghost Races. There's no times posted next to the users name in those lobbies.

PHOTO

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:36:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

18 | Forza Motorsport Driver for Delta Online Racing | Gold ForzaRC competitor | Boostilia Motorsport Race Organization Founder / GM | 74th in 2018 ForzaRC
#82 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:04:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STIdarkside 88 Go to Quoted Post

Swerve, it was great racing with you today. I may be one of those involved in the 3 way tie with you. I didnt get any practice time in this week but it was still a fun experience.

Crazy how fast some guys are, especially Lightning. Was humbled for sure.

Yes you tied with me as well. We had a nice battle overall over all the three races.

Yea Lightning was on another planet. He made it look easy.
#83 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:34:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boostilia BJH L Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed that on some of the lobbies for the Saturday Ghost Races. There's no times posted next to the users name in those lobbies.

PHOTO

My guess is times listed at 15~~ or whatever are no shows
 2 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:40:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: m3racer123 Go to Quoted Post

Well done, you must have been losing so much time on the straights without clutch! This is the first time I've taken part in FRC and the nerves got to me at the beginning of my top 400 EMEA race. I braked way too late into the hairpin which sent me to the back. I caught up over the remaining laps but the mistake was too costly, ended up 7th.

I was but I did a lot better in the corners than I did in practice. I ended up 6th only because 6th and 7th at the time got really aggressive with their lines and I snuck by on the last lap.

The only race i was nervous was in top 400 for first 2 laps. I knew that either my garbage high class skills or my tendency to wreck in esports would doom me. Once I got those irrational thoughts cleared I was cool and calm the rest of that race and in the top 80 battles. It was my first time really having fun in esports instead of it feeling like work.

My friend had the same problem as you. He was in 2nd and spazzed out on the hairpin but never recovered. It was his first time and I told him that dumb things like that happen until you finally breakout from the stress. Once that is gone it's easier to just drive.
#85 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
good job swerve. I got to the top 80 races but only managed a 12th 12th and 16th finish, although that last race will probably be amended due to penalties.

Try again next time. Keep fighting and you'll make it. A lot of people will no show due to life stuff. There's some luck involved in all of this.

Penalties for what?

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:42:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 6:28:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StopherTopher Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Boostilia BJH L Go to Quoted Post

PHOTO

My guess is times listed at 15~~ or whatever are no shows

Yeah, I think so too. However, I find it kind of annoying because I qualified for the NA Top 80 races; and I was never invited.

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:28:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

18 | Forza Motorsport Driver for Delta Online Racing | Gold ForzaRC competitor | Boostilia Motorsport Race Organization Founder / GM | 74th in 2018 ForzaRC
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:32:59 PM(UTC)

Unlucky mate. I was right behind you when you went off. I think I benefited from that as I finished 4th, managed to hold off the other two guys. Without that mistake, would of been a good fight, think you had afaster lap than me.

Almost lost 4th on the final lap when my TV decided to bring up a notification in the middle of the screen just as I was approaching the final corner.

Round 2 was fun. Got into the lobby with guys like Laige, Rossi, Racerz etc so I didn't stand a chance. Finished 14th first race and 15th(?) At Silverstone. What I will say though is the game is still not ready for eSports as I got disconnected during the Bathurst race.

Overall that was my first FRC experience and my first real competitive race I've done, so I'm pleased with how it went. Got alot to learn from the top guys.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 2:19:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Froggy2205 Go to Quoted Post
Unlucky mate. I was right behind you when you went off. I think I benefited from that as I finished 4th, managed to hold off the other two guys. Without that mistake, would of been a good fight, think you had afaster lap than me.

Almost lost 4th on the final lap when my TV decided to bring up a notification in the middle of the screen just as I was approaching the final corner.

Round 2 was fun. Got into the lobby with guys like Laige, Rossi, Racerz etc so I didn't stand a chance. Finished 14th first race and 15th(?) At Silverstone. What I will say though is the game is still not ready for eSports as I got disconnected during the Bathurst race.

Overall that was my first FRC experience and my first real competitive race I've done, so I'm pleased with how it went. Got alot to learn from the top guys.

It was my first competitive race too, well done for keeping your cool! I did some 5-lap practice runs and was getting 10m 32s/33s which would've been 3rd place, but it's all about consistency in the race. Interesting you were in the same lobby as Racerz because he had very bad lag which ruined his race, it could be related to your connection issues: https://twitter.com/F4H_...atus/982672053668077568

I also noticed the guys in 5th and 6th in our top 400 race were taking some questionable lines through turns 14-16, one of them didn't get a clean lap the whole race!

Edited by user Sunday, April 8, 2018 2:24:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:25:16 AM(UTC)

I also noticed the guys in 5th and 6th in our top 400 race were taking some questionable lines through turns 14-16, one of them didn't get a clean lap the whole race!

The one guy in particular, yes, which is why I was so happy I got the better of him.
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:30:25 AM(UTC)
Looks like tie breaker is total race time. I was 1 second off pace. Oh well. Lol. It's crazy how 1 or 2 less minor mistakes would have netted different results. The 3 race format is awesome.

No shows by the faster guys can really make for interesting top 80 seeding. Maybe I'll luck out in a few months if I'm not busy. Man I wish I could commit to the races every time. This format has been so much fun!!! I can make up for lost time in qualifying. I was in the 60s or 70s via qualifying and finished tied for 25th.

Edited by user Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:31:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 9:37:14 AM(UTC)
These races were a lot of fun yesterday I did better than I thought I would I got 3rd in my top 400 race, which I didn't expect. Ended up 9th for round 2 sebring then had to restart cause someone got lagged out 1st corner got 14th after restart. I didn't practice in the others cars so I didn't do good I think I got 14th and 11th for the last 2 races. Next time I will practice with every car and it seems like consistency will pay off in the races overall. I got put against a few F4H,TX3,AMS in the top 80 so still pretty happy with the results since I'm not very fast or as fast as them at least. Overall was a great first experience with some esports racing.
#92 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 1:19:45 PM(UTC)
Had a lot of fun racing guys in both rounds yesterday. First FRC Event I entered since playing the first forza Motorsports.
Managed 2nd in the first round and I think 11th in the second round with the vette. Last two races I had no experience with the cars due to my lack of investigation of the handbook. Damaged the car bad on Bathurst which made for a very interesting and unpredictable experience haha but still finished 14th? The Ferrari killed me at the end and managed at 15th place finish, could not keep consistent at all.
Was honoured to be in the lobby with some of the previous top rc competitors and make it into top 80. I’m sure you will see this Vet again and a lot more prepared ;)
#93 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:37:20 PM(UTC)

Try again next time. Keep fighting and you'll make it. A lot of people will no show due to life stuff. There's some luck involved in all of this.

Penalties for what?
at the Silverstone race there were a few people cutting corners, or taking turns faster than they should and driving on the grass (which somehow didn't slow them down at all)., in the end I finished 15th overall so I cant complain too much, but now that I know how things are done I am changing my practice routine next week and seeing how much that changes my results.

#94 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:22:20 PM(UTC)

Penalties for what?
at the Silverstone race there were a few people cutting corners, or taking turns faster than they should and driving on the grass (which somehow didn't slow them down at all)., in the end I finished 15th overall so I cant complain too much, but now that I know how things are done I am changing my practice routine next week and seeing how much that changes my results.

You've got 2 weeks until the next racing. That sort of cutting would get penalized if they do it constantly. If the do it by accident it probably won't be. Also if it has no impact on transfer spots, they probably won't.
#95 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:00:17 AM(UTC)
The first Series 1 Wednesday Showdown is live now at noon Pacific (and 6pm Pacific). Viewers can earn FM7 exclusives by watching and participating at https://watch.forzarc.com/

You can see the schedule from the bottom of the stream page:
Europe/Middle East/Africa regionals:
Race 1 12:10 - 12:25pm
Race 2 12:40 - 12:55pm
Race 3 1:05 - 1:25pm
break

North American regionals:
Show start 6pm
Race 1 6:10 - 6:25pm
Race 2 6:40 - 6:55pm
Race 3 7:05 - 7:25pm

Edited by user Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:59:38 PM(UTC)
https://twitter.com/ForzaRC/status/984174458897231873

"The results are in for EMEA's top drivers in the #ForzaRC Series 1 Round 1 Wednesday Showdown! Congrats to all the drivers for some truly impressive racing! Don't forget to come back at 6PM PDT to watch the NA driver's compete on http://watch.forzarc.com"

VODs of the EMEA broadcast (90 minutes total)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249238525
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249249084
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249343023
 1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:30:14 PM(UTC)
Series 1 Booster 1
Navigate to Single Player > Rivals > ForzaRC menu to find this event, which will be open until April 14. This event is open to everyone to earn more Forza Points on the ForzaRC Leaderboard (subject to previous race results; see the Handbook at www.ForzaRC.com where drivers must be registered to participate).

"Did you know that you can win awesome rewards just for taking part in Forza RC qualifiers? For example, with our upcoming Round 1 Booster Rivals Qualifier, which goes live on April 12, you’ll be able to earn the Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series just for setting a time. We’ll have more great rewards tied to other events as well, so make sure you are registered over at forzarc.com and get your times in!"^

#98 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 5:02:34 PM(UTC)
I tried this event out, and I just cant seem to get used to this car. I have never been good with Mercedes in general, but it seems like this car feels heavier than it should. I'm currently at 1:31.5XX but I know I am capable of the mid 30's. guess I just gotta keep running laps until I get used to it.
#99 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 5:27:06 PM(UTC)
I tried this event out, and I just cant seem to get used to this car. I have never been good with Mercedes in general, but it seems like this car feels heavier than it should. I'm currently at 1:31.5XX but I know I am capable of the mid 30's. guess I just gotta keep running laps until I get used to it.

It's the long hood and no rear end to speak of. This style of car will understeer in the front and get twitchy in the rear due to lack of weight. The extra power doesn't help either.

It's really just a lot of throttle control. The car kind of reminded me of a muscle car in that regard. I enjoyed it. Wish I wasn't out of town or I would try for a low 1:29.
#100 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2018 2:40:30 PM(UTC)

Does anyone have any tips on getting faster laptimes in the ForzaRC 2018 Booster Qualifiers #1? My best so far is a 1:30.759. I can't seem to get any faster then that. Some tips on getting faster laptimes for the ForzaRC 2018 Booster Qualifiers would be greatly appreciated.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error