This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: assassin55x Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know when the ghost races are tomorrow (I live in the US CST) and how to know if you're in one of the races? (my best lap at Sebring was a 2:04.8xx)

You're in lobby 6 here: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/forza-racing/cups/na/ghost-races-na/bracket/round-1 and the first Saturday ghost race starts at 12:30pm CST.

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 11:45:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:51:44 AM(UTC)
Don't know if its explained elsewhere but, what race tracks and cars are used for the ghost races/Sunday heats and showdown? Is it all the same as the qualifiers?
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:42:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: m3racer123 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know when the ghost races are tomorrow (I live in the US CST) and how to know if you're in one of the races? (my best lap at Sebring was a 2:04.8xx)

You're in lobby 6 here: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/forza-racing/cups/na/ghost-races-na/bracket/round-1 and the first Saturday ghost race starts at 12:30pm CST.

Awesome thank you so much!
#54 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:57:07 PM(UTC)

Top 4 in the first race qualify for the next round of races, good luck!
#55 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 1:14:06 PM(UTC)

See you there, I'm in Lobby 6, too.
XBOX One S

Custom PC: Intel i5-3570k - ASUS Maximus V Formula - ASUS HD7950 Direct CUii
#56 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 2:09:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlattfussGDfan Go to Quoted Post
Meh. I'm in lobby 9.
I don't expect to survive the first race anyway, but this demotivates really :-/
I only know the names Rossi and Vidda, they are much quicker than me.
Just don't want to be last.

Strange, I moved to lobby 10 now.

Originally Posted by: Froggy2205 Go to Quoted Post
Don't know if its explained elsewhere but, what race tracks and cars are used for the ghost races/Sunday heats and showdown? Is it all the same as the qualifiers?

There is a "Handbook" on the Gfinity-Site.
Scroll that down and you have all your answers.
#57 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:00:27 PM(UTC)
I'm in lobby 8 and I spent a good hour looking for more info but couldn't find anything about how these lobbies are started. will I get an invite on Saturday to join the lobby or do I have to manual search it out somehow?

also I read the handbook through three times and didn't see any mention of what car/track combos will be for these races. is it posted somewhere else?
#58 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:05:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
I'm in lobby 8 and I spent a good hour looking for more info but couldn't find anything about how these lobbies are started. will I get an invite on Saturday to join the lobby or do I have to manual search it out somehow?

also I read the handbook through three times and didn't see any mention of what car/track combos will be for these races. is it posted somewhere else?

You'll get an invite I think. Make sure you're reading the handbook tab on the gfinity website: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/handbook (the PDF contains less info)
#59 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:12:29 PM(UTC)
yeah I just noticed there are 2 handbook links, I found the right one thanks
#60 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:23:06 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know if the ghost & sunday races are simulation damage or cosmetic?
#61 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:52:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TridentCoyote26 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the ghost & sunday races are simulation damage or cosmetic?

Simulation.
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:28:03 AM(UTC)
I had invites turned on for friends only, I changed this just after 1pm but it seems it was too late. I joined off the host's gamertag but they kicked me from the lobby. Gutted I couldn't race as I had the pace to progress, I was running 10m32s in practice which would've been enough for 3rd place in Super GT's lobby that he livestreamed.

Edit: I've made a mistake, I'm in lobby 15 which means my lobby doesn't start yet! I can still race!

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:43:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 6:10:02 AM(UTC)
I had invites turned on for friends only, I changed this just after 1pm but it seems it was too late. I joined off the host's gamertag but they kicked me from the lobby. Gutted I couldn't race as I had the pace to progress, I was running 10m32s in practice which would've been enough for 3rd place in Super GT's lobby that he livestreamed.

Edit: I've made a mistake, I'm in lobby 15 which means my lobby doesn't start yet! I can still race!

Did the same mistake.
Every host has multiple lobbys and they start every half hour.

#64 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:07:02 AM(UTC)
So it has been 3 hours now and still no invite received. Bracket page on gfinity shows error for EMEA so I can't even see which races have finished. Any idea how many races are still left?

Edit: Bracket page works now and my lobby has already run the race. Never got an invite even though I was online the whole time.

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:35:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:26:26 AM(UTC)
I’m pretty sure I made the top 400 and can’t find my GT anywhere. I definitely linked my account to Gfinity as well. Any help?
#66 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:38:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skrinnari Go to Quoted Post
So it has been 3 hours now and still no invite received. Bracket page on gfinity shows error for EMEA so I can't even see which races have finished. Any idea how many races are still left?

Edit: Bracket page works now and my lobby has already run the race. Never got an invite even though I was online the whole time.

Check your xbox settings, your invites might be set to friends only so they couldn't send the invite.
#67 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:52:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BM Norm Go to Quoted Post
I’m pretty sure I made the top 400 and can’t find my GT anywhere. I definitely linked my account to Gfinity as well. Any help?

Anyone having issues like this, make sure you're reading the Handbook, Times, and Races (Brackets) sections at https://forzarc.gfinity.net and use the Support link there to inquire. Make sure your settings allow invites and watch your linked email. If you set your Rivals time on PC, it didn't count.

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:53:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:05:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skrinnari Go to Quoted Post

Check your xbox settings, your invites might be set to friends only so they couldn't send the invite.

Also accept friend request of host. The one for my upcoming race sent me a friend request.
#69 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 11:12:52 AM(UTC)
Is it just me or does the Corvette handle completely differently online than in rivals or free play? When racing online the transmission is super jerky and the car tries to spin out every time I downshift under braking.

I just did first my first heat and couldn't even get better than a 2:09 when i was averaging about a 2:06 flat in Rivals. Yuck.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:03:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sarcasme Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or does the Corvette handle completely differently online than in rivals or free play? When racing online the transmission is super jerky and the car tries to spin out every time I downshift under braking.

I just did first my first heat and couldn't even get better than a 2:09 when i was averaging about a 2:06 flat in Rivals. Yuck.

Didn't notice this but maybe it was because the lobby was set to simulation damage. Aggressive downshifting will lead to catastrophic engine damage.
#71 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:23:28 PM(UTC)

I usually get different results in online races, too. Couldn't get even down to my qualifying time. Oh BTW, I had already run more than a second faster than that time. I run in 'Hardcore' settings for all sessions, too.

Is it typical for less than half the qualifiers to show up? Had 7 in my lobby, I finished 5th, but in counting race times, I'm around 63rd with 2 races not reported yet.
XBOX One S

Custom PC: Intel i5-3570k - ASUS Maximus V Formula - ASUS HD7950 Direct CUii
#72 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:37:39 PM(UTC)
I spin out after turn 2. Agree the online C7 was different then rivals. The handbook says there a third round in the NA ghost . Shows Sebring again, Bathurst and Silverstone. When are those races?
#73 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:31:43 PM(UTC)

Drove the same to me. The difference is simulation tires. Car doesn't drive the same on the first lap but after it's ok. I actually thought the car gripped better but that may just be from getting used to it.
#74 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:39:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: blkghost187 Go to Quoted Post
I spin out after turn 2. Agree the online C7 was different then rivals. The handbook says there a third round in the NA ghost . Shows Sebring again, Bathurst and Silverstone. When are those races?

They already happened. You had to place top 4 in the top 400 races to qualify.
#75 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:46:44 PM(UTC)
So I ended up in a 3 way for for 6th in my top 80 battle after 3 races. Pretty fortunate too since I forget to put manual clutch on the holden at Bathurst.

Not sure if I made top 24 or what a tie breaker rule would be, but man it's a neat story. I wasn't very fast but consistency helped prevent terrible finishes. Fun day.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error