3 Pages123Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:41:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post
Full support to people smart enough to understand why T10 just took another step into the dark abyss of unrespectfulness and why this cannot continue like this.

First they lock cars & content behind temporary in-game events. So be it.
Then they lock cars behind temporary specialty dealer. So be it... i guess.
They they lock cars behind temporary Forzathon. So be it... i guess.
Then they lock cars & content behind exclusives temporary in-game events on which you have to be among top 10% to receive the sesame... Well, so be it.... sigh...

But now they hostage people and oblige them to promote their games and events out of the game to receive a car they paid for.

We are not talking about a blimey-free-to-play-game here, we're talking about a $100 one using incredibly low practices.

I'm sorry but i can't understand people here blindly defending them everytime they do anything.
How can't you understand that this is cheat. How won't you rebel against being forced to watch a live you don't care and sharing it to make advertisement for them ?

This is madness.
There is no way video game industry can continue like this.
After the Battlefront 2 Lootbox stuff, this is even worse because now it's not even about playing games, it's about having to use and sign in on external stuff you don't care. I don't care about twitter, i don't care about ForzaRC and i don't care about livestreams. Never have, never will and i won't create external accounts to get what was sold to me.

I think i'm gonna stop now, because i don't understand how people can not be angry with this and/or accept their rules and i'm afraid.
I'm afraid because all i see here are people forced to do things they don't want to get.... nothing. What is the next step ? Working for them ? Make 5 of your friends buy the game to get stuff ?
That's the definition of the ideal buyer, a machine formatted by companies, the definition of a sheep, the definition of a slave devoid of any critical mindset.

And what are you going to do about it apart from complain? You could at least make a meaningless statement like, "I'm not buying any further T10/FM games"

You'll just continue playing like the sheep you accuse others of being.

A company giving prizes in return for promotion of their game. What'll they think of next!?
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:39:29 AM(UTC)
I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the ForzaRC live stream and thought the event was well done and entertaining. When I first started watching I didn't expect to stay long, but ended up watching the entire stream from the beginning. I got to say that if there had not been the Forza 7 rewards offered for the quests, that I may have not tuned in. That being said I am glad that I did and look forward to the next one. There was no real racing events that I wanted to watch at the time so it was nice to have this. The raffles were a nice touch and congrats to those that won.

I understand the concerns of others, but barring (the ForzaRC Driver Gear Suit, Aston Martin with special Livery and the Nissan car which can be bought anytime in the game) the other 2 rewards were available well after the stream ended. Honestly you really can't blame them for using stuff from their own game to, well promote their very own game. I for one didn't even try for the Holden at first, because I was afraid of crashing the live stream, referring to the couple of glitches and outages that were experienced during the stream.

P.S. Special Thanks to Noobertson for the heads up about going back and getting the Holden after the stream was over, and BTW I checked and you were right no Twitter account was needed. All you had to do was click retweet in the Twitter Tab. Also thanks to ManteoMax for the post about this event in advance. Seen his post on Friday and knew what I would be watching on Saturday.

7 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:34:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post
Full support to people smart enough to understand why T10 just took another step into the dark abyss of unrespectfulness and why this cannot continue like this.

First they lock cars & content behind temporary in-game events. So be it.
Then they lock cars behind temporary specialty dealer. So be it... i guess.
They they lock cars behind temporary Forzathon. So be it... i guess.
Then they lock cars & content behind exclusives temporary in-game events on which you have to be among top 10% to receive the sesame... Well, so be it.... sigh...

But now they hostage people and oblige them to promote their games and events out of the game to receive a car they paid for.

We are not talking about a blimey-free-to-play-game here, we're talking about a $100 one using incredibly low practices.

I'm sorry but i can't understand people here blindly defending them everytime they do anything.
How can't you understand that this is cheat. How won't you rebel against being forced to watch a live you don't care and sharing it to make advertisement for them ?

This is madness.
There is no way video game industry can continue like this.
After the Battlefront 2 Lootbox stuff, this is even worse because now it's not even about playing games, it's about having to use and sign in on external stuff you don't care. I don't care about twitter, i don't care about ForzaRC and i don't care about livestreams. Never have, never will and i won't create external accounts to get what was sold to me.

I think i'm gonna stop now, because i don't understand how people can not be angry with this and/or accept their rules and i'm afraid.
I'm afraid because all i see here are people forced to do things they don't want to get.... nothing. What is the next step ? Working for them ? Make 5 of your friends buy the game to get stuff ?
That's the definition of the ideal buyer, a machine formatted by companies, the definition of a sheep, the definition of a slave devoid of any critical mindset.

And what are you going to do about it apart from complain? You could at least make a meaningless statement like, "I'm not buying any further T10/FM games"

You'll just continue playing like the sheep you accuse others of being.

A company giving prizes in return for promotion of their game. What'll they think of next!?

You mean a company that forces players to do things outside of the game to obatin cars they already paid for when they bought it.

Indeed, I fear if they can come up with something worse.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:54:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:58:57 AM(UTC)

Which prizes? Do you mean unlocking cars that are already in the game?
Do you think it's okay that you have to promote a game you bought to unlock content for that game?
Really?
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:25:26 AM(UTC)
Doesn't look like it works anymore, can't see the quest tab anywhere.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
I guess it is over i retweeted and nothing.
I live my life one design at a time!!!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:55:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScoobsMcGee82 Go to Quoted Post
Just so we're all clear on this ladies and gents: cars are now being locked behind retweeting Turn 10's social media account. From a stream with spotty reliability.

This vary well may be modified or deleted by a mod, but I find this to be a new low.

This its disgusting, the car was readily available in Horizon 3, what the hell is going on at T10 ?
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:37:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Braindead NL Go to Quoted Post

Do you think it's okay that you have to promote a game you bought to unlock content for that game?
Really?

Which cars are you referring to? Do you mean the ones available to everyone the moment they start playing?
#59 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:50:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Braindead NL Go to Quoted Post

Really?

Which cars are you referring to? Do you mean the ones available to everyone the moment they start playing?

Which other prizes are YOU referring to?
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:53:59 AM(UTC)

Let's get back to talking about the car, shall we? ;)

Can anyone recommend good Homologated grip tunes for this car?

I did a brief test and it's already close to being the strongest car in its Division (Early Sport Touring) but I think it needs the right setup in order to succeed against the BMWs.
#61 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 11:47:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't look like it works anymore, can't see the quest tab anywhere.

It is no more...

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error