3 Pages123Next
 7 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:07:51 AM(UTC)
Go here: https://watch.forzarc.com/

Check the quests tab and do the instructions right there right now.

Prizes are:

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE with the Year of the Dog livery
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
2017 Aston Martin DB11 with the ForzaRC livery
ForzaRC Driver Suit
2017 Nissan GTR
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:23:16 AM(UTC)
How to make the retweets work? Do I have to link a Twitter account to my Live one?

EDIT >>> Steps:

1) Link your Xbox Live account to a Twitter account.
2) In the bottom right corner there are tabs with the quests, chat, twitter, etc. Retweet any of the tweets in there. You may be prompted to log into your Twitter account.
3) Claim your prize in the Quests tab.

Bad choice for a prize IMO, Australians shouldn't be forced to wake up at 04:00 AM to get a car they cherish so much.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:30:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:27:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeoDragonaut Go to Quoted Post
How to make the retweets work? Do I have to link a Twitter account to my Live one?

Make sure you have your twitter account logged in in your browser in another tab. Then go to the forza rc site, click the twitter tab next to chat, then look at any of the forza rc tweets and click the double arrows icon. After that your "quest" should be finished.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:27:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

20 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:30:41 AM(UTC)
Just so we're all clear on this ladies and gents: cars are now being locked behind retweeting Turn 10's social media account. From a stream with spotty reliability.

This vary well may be modified or deleted by a mod, but I find this to be a new low.
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:47:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScoobsMcGee82 Go to Quoted Post
Just so we're all clear on this ladies and gents: cars are now being locked behind retweeting Turn 10's social media account. From a stream with spotty reliability.

This vary well may be modified or deleted by a mod, but I find this to be a new low.

I expect the Holden to be available in the future through other means, as the other prizes are just mementos.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:02:02 AM(UTC)

I expect the Holden to be available in the future through other means, as the other prizes are just mementos.

This Holden is available since weeks ... every week ... in the livery and photo contests !
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

8 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:03:06 AM(UTC)

You have more faith left in T10 than I do. At this point they're more or less exploiting their customers to increase their social media presence and viewership. Watching the stream now I can see a lot of work (and money) has clearly gone into this, and hats off to them, but there continue to be some terrible (and at times scummy) decisions being made.

Edit to add:

Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
This Holden is available since weeks ... every week ... in the livery and photo contests !

While anyone can enter those contests, only a small number of images or liveries are chosen. Leaving a car exclusive to less than 1% of the player base is not making it available.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:05:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:33:48 AM(UTC)

While anyone can enter those contests, only a small number of images or liveries are chosen. Leaving a car exclusive to less than 1% of the player base is not making it available.

You wrote that the car is locked behind retweeting, which is just not true.
btw ... you don't have to retweet at all, you just need to select retweet and can cancel without posting.

Now you don't like the community contests, and the 1% is again not true (source please ?).
So ... available is not available ?

Everybody who wants to drive the car, can in freeplay.

If you don't like the game, just don't play it.
There are more than enough other racing games and proper simulations.

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

#9 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:35:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post
Go here: https://watch.forzarc.com/

Check the quests tab and do the instructions right there right now.

Prizes are:

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE with the Year of the Dog livery
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
2017 Aston Martin DB11 with the ForzaRC livery
ForzaRC Driver Suit
2017 Nissan GTR

Thanks for sharing !

#10 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:53:05 AM(UTC)

[b]EDIT >>> Steps:

Umm...how do you do that? The forzarc site isn't working. There's no option to re-tweet a tweet from forzarc. I'm on my phone, if that helps.

Edit: I think I figured it out but man...that forzarc site is buggy.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:01:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Got my answer

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:58:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post

[b]EDIT >>> Steps:

Umm...how do you do that? The forzarc site isn't working. There's no option to re-tweet a tweet from forzarc. I'm on my phone, if that helps.

Maybe you need to change to 'desktop view'

At the bottom right there is a sidebar with 'Quests, Chat, Twitter'.

You just click Twitter select a Tweet and click on retweet.

Hope this helps...

12 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:09:43 AM(UTC)
No worries, I'll explain the rationale.

You wrote that the car is locked behind retweeting, which is just not true.
btw ... you don't have to retweet at all, you just need to select retweet and can cancel without posting.

The mistake was making a car which hasn't been available to the masses (specialty dealer, forzathon, or even a bounty hunter event) available by retweeting their social media feed. Making it so that the customers advertise the event for the company in exchange for content. Given the frequency of complaints about locked cars, the dots should have connected for someone that maybe this was a bad idea, which would result in more complaints. I'll also make it clear that I think the cars in commemorative liveries are a great idea, and they all should have been that. Openly accessible cars with something unique to the event.

The second part of that is just nonsense. You're giving the company the benefit of the doubt because the check that you actually did retweet doesn't work properly. Also, you can delete the tweet after you make it, but that doesn't make the requirement any better.

Now you don't like the community contests, and the 1% is again not true (source please ?).
So ... available is not available ?

I didn't say I didn't like the contests, I think they're great and it's good that people who spend time making liveries or taking photos are recognized; however, there are about 32 average winners each week. I can't be bothered to look up how many weeks they've been open with reward cars, so lets just say 5. 160 total people out of the entire player base would have a chance to get the Holden, if it was the car they chose and no one won more than one week. Which is why it is less than 1%. It could 320 people over 10 weeks, and still less than 1% of the entire player base. Source

Everybody who wants to drive the car, can in freeplay.

There's a difference between renting a car in free play (and you can also paint it without owning it, to be fair) and having it in your garage to tune it. Also there are people who play the game to collect all of the cars. They're the ones complaining.

If you don't like the game, just don't play it.
There are more than enough other racing games and proper simulations.

Actually I like playing the game, I just don't like all the shenanigans that come with it. Which is why its so frustrating. As far as I know, Forza is the only game left which is quite this open. The other games I've looked in to so far are purely focused on the racing, while I'm in it to experience the different cars. If you know of another game that is this much of an open sandbox, please let me know. With Gran Turismo going the way it has with GT Sport, and claiming they won't make another game like they did in the past, I'm not sure if any game is quite like it. That said, if it is any consolation, this absolutely will be the last Forza game I buy.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:29:14 PM(UTC)
I made a Twitter account just to get the Holden... Then I deleted it. 😏

Stream is pretty entertaining, great commentary from John Hindhaugh too. I was only going to open it for the prizes but I've been watching it for over 2 and a half hours now..

🇨🇦
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:42:47 PM(UTC)
So watching 240 mins will get you a car you can already buy in the game (2017 Nissan GTR)?
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 2:11:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post
So watching 240 mins will get you a car you can already buy in the game (2017 Nissan GTR)?

I know you can buy the 2012 but I didn't know the 2017 was locked, don't use that car.

But I remember it should be in the dealer.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 4 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 2:16:59 PM(UTC)

I know you can buy the 2012 but I didn't know the 2017 was locked, don't use that car.

But I remember it should be in the dealer.

Quest 5 reward is a standard 2017 Nissan GT-R, no livery, nothing special.

It's a tier 4 car, everybody can buy for 270,000.

http://www.kudosprime.com/f7/car_sheet.php?id=376

2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 4:18:16 PM(UTC)
For anyone who still wants the Forza RC suit or Nissan, even though the stream is over the quest still advances by just being on their channel. Open it on a new tab and just leave it for a few hours and you should still get the rewards.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 5:47:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Stream is pretty entertaining, great commentary from John Hindhaugh too. I was only going to open it for the prizes but I've been watching it for over 2 and a half hours now..

Did the same here, I have zero interest in Twitter, let alone any other forms of social media, except for Facebook which I barely use.
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 6:05:30 PM(UTC)
Nice, I just sold my dupe Mustang HE for over 8 million! Not sure where I got my first one.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:51:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

12 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:15:45 PM(UTC)
Having cars locked is fine, but having to do things externally from the game is just stupid and I am totally against it. If content is locked it should be unlockable from gameplay itself, if I want to pick the game up years down the track and replay it I most likely won't be able to unlock any of the unicorns at all. You can't even buy or sell these cars with other players.

FM2 did locked cars the right way, if there was a car you couldn't unlock because of a skill required just use the auction house. unicorns were simply slightly different versions of cars already available, T10 should learn from the past, don't try fix what ain't broke.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:17:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:37:00 PM(UTC)
Nice, I just sold my dupe Mustang HE for over 8 million! Not sure wher I got my first one.

Forzathon. :D

Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Having cars locked is fine, but having to do things externally from the game is just stupid and I am totally against it. If content is locked it should be unlockable from gameplay itself, if I want to pick the game up years down the track and replay it I most likely won't be able to unlock any of the unicorns at all. You can't even buy or sell these cars with other players.

FM2 did locked cars the right way, if there was a car you couldn't unlock because of a skill required just use the auction house. unicorns were simply slightly different versions of cars already available, T10 should learn from the past, don't try fix what ain't broke.

There's this method in Forza 7. I have two BT24s and two Flying Lizard Audis. People sell these cars all the time.

However, this has NOT been the first time the Commodore has been released. You could already have one from winning the weekly contests. This is why I was able to download designs for it as soon as I claimed it from the show's quest, and still while the show was running.

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2018 9:42:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 12:22:59 AM(UTC)
There's this method in Forza 7. I have two BT24s and two Flying Lizard Audis. People sell these cars all the time.

However, this has NOT been the first time the Commodore has been released. You could already have one from winning the weekly contests. This is why I was able to download designs for it as soon as I claimed it from the show's quest, and still while the show was running.

You can make design for cars you don't own. In paint car select change car and go to ALL CARS and make a design on ANY car in the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 2:21:55 AM(UTC)
Thanks guys :)

I wished that T10 would have promoted this better.

If I had known I can get some cars just for watching that I would have tuned in for sure.

edit:
Ok got Mustang & Holden even the Stream is over. :D

So again huge thanks to you guys for pointing this out and for explaining how to do.

Edited by user Sunday, March 25, 2018 2:43:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
I was hoping to be able to grab the suit and Aston after the fact, but unfortunately the timer doesn't work for the VOD. I did get the Holden though, which is one I've been trying to get anyway, so there's that.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

You don't need a twitter account at all. The quest already pops when you just click on retweet inside the twitter sidebar on the website.

One thing to add:

One of the quests also gives you 2,000,000 CR for FH3.

My bad. This was the Forza rewards compensation for the error of the last weeks.

Thx for the info.

Edited by user Sunday, March 25, 2018 12:48:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error