4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:46:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeoDragonaut Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NeoDragonaut Go to Quoted Post
New April Forzathons are already "coming soon"... And you need to do a single challenge to win each prize. Does it mean Forzathons will go back to being weekly like in Horizon 3?

I'd appreciate that. I know others wouldn't, though.

Where does it say you only need to do one task per challenge? They look the same as previous challenges to me.

If you compare the progression you'll see the current Forzathon has three steps required for completion. The April ones have only one.

I believe that's incorrect. I think they'll show up once it's live.

Also it say, "complete all challenges" Plural.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 9:12:53 AM(UTC)
Events are now active through April:

RUNNING WILD
- Drive 1 Lap at the Nurburgring Full Circuit in a Track Toys division car

SHOWING OFF
- Get a Drift Score of 3,000 in a Single Lap at Maple Valley in the Rain
Tip: in Free Play make sure you set the Game Type to Drift; drifting during circuit races probably won't register.

CHERRY BLOSSOMS
- Complete a race at Suzuka in a Japanese car

COMPETITIVE EDGE
- Win a Race in a Track Toys division car

Track Toys:
2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
2014 BAC Mono
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO
2013 KTM X-Bow R
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2012 Lotus Exige S
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2000 Lotus 340R
1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 9:18:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:27:15 AM(UTC)
Carry on.

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:45:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New information

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:54:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Events are now active through April:

RUNNING WILD
- Drive 1 Lap at the Nurburgring Full Circuit in a Track Toys division car

SHOWING OFF
Tip: in Free Play make sure you set the Game Type to Drift; drifting during circuit races probably won't register.

CHERRY BLOSSOMS
- Complete a race at Suzuka in a Japanese car

COMPETITIVE EDGE
- Win a Race in a Track Toys division car

Track Toys:
2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
2014 BAC Mono
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO
2013 KTM X-Bow R
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2012 Lotus Exige S
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2000 Lotus 340R
1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190

Shortest. Events. Ever.

1 lap every race results in everything complete in 20 minutes.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:04:20 AM(UTC)
SHOWING OFF

I was able to get the other 3 right away, yet, this one does not pop-up no matter what I do! I have ran it 6 times, with Game Type = DRIFT, RAIN, @ Maple Valley (I used Short Circuit Reverse). Records my drifts on HUD, yet, at the end it gives me a laptime!!! We just need 3000 pts, and, I have gotten that in a single drift within the lap. Over 10k pts in a lap. Using the Meyers Manx (D400 class).

PRKid
p.s. Will update if I find a solution.

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:06:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:06:57 AM(UTC)
The Cherry Blossoms Forzathon is broken. It registered that I completed the challenge but will not give me the car.
UPDATE
It went threw just make sure you use the regular large circuits that the only way any of them have worked for me.

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:11:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:12:34 AM(UTC)
All worked for me first time, too bad it's so short Forzathon.
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:13:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FortyBread37880 Go to Quoted Post
The Cherry Blossoms Forzathon is broken. It registered that I completed the challenge but will not give me the car.
UPDATE
It went threw just make sure you use the regular large circuits that the only way any of them have worked for me.

Go back and run a race, it will then pop. These usually pop at the next event you run.

DJ Saoco
#34 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:33:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
SHOWING OFF

I was able to get the other 3 right away, yet, this one does not pop-up no matter what I do! I have ran it 6 times, with Game Type = DRIFT, RAIN, @ Maple Valley (I used Short Circuit Reverse). Records my drifts on HUD, yet, at the end it gives me a laptime!!! We just need 3000 pts, and, I have gotten that in a single drift within the lap. Over 10k pts in a lap. Using the Meyers Manx (D400 class).

PRKid
p.s. Will update if I find a solution.

OK, I figured out the problem. Since the Challenge indicates it should be the drift pts in ONE LAP, I used the 1 lap as the limit on the end-condition....DO NOT DO THIS!

I left the end condition to time-based and set it to a 3 minutes, and, ran at the same track (Short Circuit Reverse) and actually ran over 2 laps. So, you can cut the time to about 1.5 mins and be OK. The Achievement popped up right away! Was even able to score 4500 (near done this since back in FM6) pts in a single drift.

Best of luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:08:16 PM(UTC)
Never thought they´d be one challenge tasks.

OK - very short indeed, but everything popped instantly after finishing each race.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
Yeah, everything worked OK.

Anyone would think Turn 10 actually knew how to code. I'm gonna err on the side of caution, going by our general gaming experience for the past six months, and assume this entirely accidental!
 4 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:56:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Private Custard Go to Quoted Post
Anyone would think Turn 10 actually knew how to code. I'm gonna err on the side of caution, going by our general gaming experience for the past six months, and assume this entirely accidental!

Maybe reason behind going down to ONLY one event per Forzathon challenge, thus, minimizing complexity.

DJ Saoco
#38 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:27:30 PM(UTC)

So the Porsche Macan is pretty good then ;)

Convert to RWD, strip out all the weight you can and you’ve got something that’s quite agile despite its size.
#39 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:01:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Convert to RWD, strip out all the weight you can and you’ve got something that’s quite agile despite its size.
Congratulations

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:24:00 PM(UTC)

Oi! Nobody takes away glory from my beloved Juke. 😤

🇨🇦
 2 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:02:43 PM(UTC)
Well all done in less than 20 minutes..10 minutes doing the burgerring
Be good if they updated weekly like fh3 did..especially when they are able to be done so quickly
#42 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:24:33 PM(UTC)
A month for challenges that can be completed in a matter of minutes. At least they work. I ain't complaining though, just had to do a single quick lap around suzuka east to get that mx5. Took a minute, I'm serious.
#43 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:31:30 PM(UTC)
I stand corrected.

#44 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:54:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Don't you take that PJ! Get that Macan back on top!

Can't let the Juke be on top of anything... Unless it's a pile of junk to be crushed or a list of the ugliest cars on the road today.
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 8:19:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

Can't let the Juke be on top of anything... Unless it's a pile of junk to be crushed or a list of the ugliest cars on the road today.

While I can see it on top of a pile of BMWs waiting to be crushed... with monster truck tires, doing the crushing... I can't see it beating out those same BMWs for the title of ugliest car on the road. It couldn't even beat the Nissan Cube with that awful asymmetrical rear window.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 9:45:01 PM(UTC)
I know I'm not the only one who thinks FM7's Forzathon challenges are WAY too drawn out. I guess previous challenges actually took some time, but seriously? An entire month for 4 challenges that only take 20 minutes at most? I don't get why they can't just do like FH3 and have them be weekly. I just don't see it...
#47 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:27:17 PM(UTC)
Loving the Miata. I have wanted it since the early videos of the car list were shown. I might even snag a couple from the credit miners in the auction house.
Forza Faithful Since May 3rd, 2005
Former technician
 3 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:49:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post
I know I'm not the only one who thinks FM7's Forzathon challenges are WAY too drawn out. I guess previous challenges actually took some time, but seriously? An entire month for 4 challenges that only take 20 minutes at most? I don't get why they can't just do like FH3 and have them be weekly. I just don't see it...

Well they don't know if their forzathon actually works yet so they're keeping it at a month duration.

Truthfully I'm with you, this month long quote "challenge" is another reason why I'll spend less time in this game. Unsure what that means? Here's the short reason: it's not engaging anymore.

Don't believe me? Endure a night or more of visual glitches and game-ruining bugs then get back.

20 minutes isn't a challenge, it's a desperate grab at our game time and it failed.

As someone who bought into Forza 7 during pre-order, I'm extremely disappointed with everything from then until now. You've failed to fix the game. You fail to give the community what they ask for.

YOU. HAVE. FAILED.
#49 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 2:06:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Don't you take that PJ! Get that Macan back on top!

I actually quite like the Juke 👍🏻

Congrats on the time KT. I’ve also set good times at Catalunya National and VIR Full (Night) if you want to have a run at those.

I’ll leave my Sonoma time lie there for now, but once Casual Racing Mondays has a Modern SUV night I may return 😉

I think a B/600 version of the Macan will do alright in the Hoppers, same build as I mentioned above but with a little more power. It won’t keep up with a good driver in an S2000 but given the average pace level of a Hopper player it should get you a few podiums 🏆
#50 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 8:55:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Private Custard Go to Quoted Post

Maybe reason behind going down to ONLY one event per Forzathon challenge, thus, minimizing complexity.

The FRC started so maybe this is a trial month of keeping it simple in order to use available resources for FRC issues?
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error