This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:20:10 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:47:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: More context and links.

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:15:16 PM(UTC)
Note that the link to the official rules for the Forza Racing Championship 2018 can be found at https://www.forzaracingchampionship.com/about

In discussing rules, users should make sure they've visited that link to be sure they're referring to the source document.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:29:06 PM(UTC)
the only thing I could not see info for was at what time these live races take place. I work overnight and it would be nice to know if these races are in the morning or evening so I know in advance if I get sleep that day or not. lol
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:42:40 PM(UTC)
If I ever qualify for a Wednesday race, I doubt I'll be able to participate. High probability I'll miss out due to work plus commuting 1.5 hours home. Wednesday races may be a no show mess due to various work and school schedules. Hope T10 is prepared for that scenario.

At any rate the point earning structure is complex and I don't get it with all the buffs and whatnot based on skill thingy. Should make for interesting results. Sounds like if you can make every race and are quick, you'll be fine which is a relief for me. I like the multiple ways of earning points even if I don't get it yet. Lol.

I guess my goal will be to top 200 (world) but no worse than 400 (world) every rivals qualifier and hope for the best in races. I'm assuming the qualifying rivals will be a big points opportunity.

Should be fun. Hope I do better than last time. I got my passport now! Lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:30:27 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D], why are you excluding PC players?

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:00:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:35:26 AM(UTC)
Because they dont know how to prevent ppl from cheating on pc...
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:08:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LazyDandy Go to Quoted Post

oh, that explains why there are never any competitions in world of warcraft, or starcraft, or other pc only titles /s

this is literally the worst excuse turn 10 could possibly come up with because it implies either mass incompetence or lazyness.

ehhhhh, nevermind, now that I think back on my forza 7 experience it probably is due to mass incompetence or lazyness. it all makes sense now.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:10:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:48:54 AM(UTC)
Some interesting things I spotted while reading through:

• Championship is limited to Xbox One consoles only.

• Steering wheels are not allowed at the in-person tournaments.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:39:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apak SL Go to Quoted Post

oh, that explains why there are never any competitions in world of warcraft, or starcraft, or other pc only titles /s

this is literally the worst excuse turn 10 could possibly come up with because it implies either mass incompetence or lazyness.

ehhhhh, nevermind, now that I think back on my forza 7 experience it probably is due to mass incompetence or lazyness. it all makes sense now.

Forza has been modded before on PC and I'm sure it'll be easy to do it again via PC with cash on the line. I don't know how they prevent cheating in other games, but on Forza it would be easy to conceal if the player doesn't overdue it. The only way to maybe figure it out is via replays. It's a messy process that I'm assuming T10 wants to avoid. I'm guessing they feel better about the console in terms of providing anti-cheat protocols.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:07:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Forza has been modded before on PC and I'm sure it'll be easy to do it again via PC with cash on the line. I don't know how they prevent cheating in other games, but on Forza it would be easy to conceal if the player doesn't overdue it. The only way to maybe figure it out is via replays. It's a messy process that I'm assuming T10 wants to avoid. I'm guessing they feel better about the console in terms of providing anti-cheat protocols.

got it, lazyness. at the time fm7 went on sale they didn't disclose that not all features would be available on PC. whatever, just add it to the laundry list of other issues with this game =\
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:37:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

got it, lazyness. at the time fm7 went on sale they didn't disclose that not all features would be available on PC. whatever, just add it to the laundry list of other issues with this game =\

Actually they did say they had the ability to prevent cross play in competitive environments. I'm paraphrasing based on my understanding of Dan's comments. If I recall this was mentioned in one of the early FM7 interviews after the public announcement at E3.

I wouldn't call it laziness to exclude PC players. It may simply be they haven't figured out a fair way to make it work. That would fall under lacking of an appropriate skill set in PC game design more so than pure laziness.

Not all features were available at launch for Xbox players too. That was uniform unfortunately.
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:47:19 PM(UTC)
i like how they divide it by region so if you live in the US you can get in the top 400 in the Americas to make the weekend races. I think I might make it to the sunday races a time or two but I don't see me making it to Wednesday, but I'm going to give it the old college try
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:16:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
i like how they divide it by region so if you live in the US you can get in the top 400 in the Americas to make the weekend races. I think I might make it to the sunday races a time or two but I don't see me making it to Wednesday, but I'm going to give it the old college try

That's what they did last time, but you had to be top 24 in North America via rivals to make it to the races. Top 400 will be easy. It may be a challenge week 1 and 2, but after people get burnt out it'll be easy. The problem will be balanced lobbies. High probability some lobbies will be very difficult only because some really fast guys didn't bother to set a killer lap. This was a problem even with top 24 races. Some wouldn't show up and the alternates were way slow resulting is unbalanced semi final races.

The only hard part is figuring out who is in Latin America/south America when you're in rivals. I'd say if your top 450 in the Americas filter in rivals, you're probably safe.

Even if you are out of that range but check in on race day, I would assume the lobbies will be filled with replacements.
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 9:05:41 AM(UTC)
One of the best ways to be certain that hardware is not a determining factor, is to require proprietary hardware. This is the same reason Apple has no issues with Viruses, or why they have almost no issues with apps that are certified.

The same thing cannot be said about Android, since the Hardware is so varying, that an app that crashes on every phone might work perfectly on a tablet that has a top of the line processor and more cache.

Without this stipulation, something as simple as building a High end PC, that can run the game at 4k, with the Kernel adjusted to allow for 240 fps, and Physics running at 1080 fps, the game could essentially shave a full second off a lap time, if the amount of frames to return to zero, is more accurate, for thousands of calculations that are made per lap.

That thousandth of a second that gets rounded up, might happen 300 times in one lap. Consider this might only be one of a few dozen. Though, while it does allow for the core game to remain untouched, and undetectable from the Forza servers, it does introduce a slightly more difficult racing experience. This is one of those situations, where having a perfect lap, would greatly benefit someone with the scenario... But the chance of error would be higher.

Considering that the game takes your BEST effort as the entry, and doesn't care about the 100 laps you did that were horrid, the choice to exclude PC becomes fairly simple to make.

Sure , they could have someone inspect the Winning PC, but anyone that knows enough to make these changes to their PC, is likely smart enough to change them if they won.

Notification

Icon
Error