This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
33 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:06:28 AM(UTC)
Why did it have to be Sebring? This place is my bogey track. I put in a 2:07, but I doubt that will be a good time by the end of the month. I feel my stress rising already.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
#52 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:31:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RacierSubset Go to Quoted Post
i would hope for a tvr cerbera speed 12

Don't .....

Don't even jest and get my hopes up
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:42:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
Why did it have to be Sebring? This place is my bogey track. I put in a 2:07, but I doubt that will be a good time by the end of the month. I feel my stress rising already.

I feel your pain, I am dreadful at Sebring... It's the right choice though, given it's the 12 hours this weekend...

#54 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:01:17 AM(UTC)
I love the idea behind this challenge and I'm looking forward to compete with Triton. But why on earth does it have to be Sebring?

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:38:14 AM(UTC)
Just great 1 can be hard enough to beat at a at stech but 5 will be missing out on some locked cars no doubt this time around will look foward to giving it a go I do like seabring track

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:40:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:09:30 AM(UTC)
If I remember well RBW Triton is braking without ABS and this is my weakness. Anyway I will try to compete with him. Morover I don't want to offend anybody but I expect that the lady from T10 will be the slowest one, maybe even not able to do the clean lap. Good luck to everybody!
 2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:35:27 AM(UTC)
A great track/car combo, and this is really one of my favorite tracks. With this bounty hunter event and the 12hrs of Sebring IRL I'm going to spend a lot of time in front of my TV, it's going to be too cold outside this weekend anyway.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:44:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheLittleJacob Go to Quoted Post
If I remember well RBW Triton is braking without ABS and this is my weakness. Anyway I will try to compete with him. Morover I don't want to offend anybody but I expect that the lady from T10 will be the slowest one, maybe even not able to do the clean lap. Good luck to everybody!

I'm curious as to what makes you think that.

Back on topic:

Welp, I struggle with Mechberg, I highly doubt I'll get anywhere NEAR Triton. I'm not sure about JonK, I've never had to race him and do not know his skill level.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:49:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#59 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:45:11 AM(UTC)
^ Thanks for the reminder guys that the 12 hours of Sebring is this weekend! I doubt I'll get to see it live because of time zones and work but at least IMSA put their races up on their official YouTube channel so I'll get to see it next week.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:49:25 AM(UTC)
Is there a way to let my Drivatar do this event for me? Because he and his peers always do a lot better than me on Sebring..🤔

🇨🇦
#61 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:21:57 AM(UTC)
woooow its on a track that i set the worst laptimes lmao....
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:30:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Braindead NL Go to Quoted Post
this is really one of my favorite tracks.

Well that's good to know at least, as your 2:05.2 to my 2:07.0 was making me think I totally and utterly suck at this car&track combo. But I'm only top 12% at the moment, whereas I'm normally a lot higher than that, so I think I must currently be missing a key skill to make the car and track work together.
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:54:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Well that's good to know at least, as your 2:05.2 to my 2:07.0 was making me think I totally and utterly suck at this car&track combo. But I'm only top 12% at the moment, whereas I'm normally a lot higher than that, so I think I must currently be missing a key skill to make the car and track work together.

Most of the tracks I am quite close to him, but Sebring is a different story.

I think Braindead is still number 2 at P2 class. (That is world ranking)

So 2:07 is a pretty good time.
#64 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:27:47 AM(UTC)
Sebring is one of my favourite tracks. The car was grippier than I expected.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 9 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:50:17 AM(UTC)

Okay, I actually laughed.

Not because it's an off-color comment, and not because someone would think something like that, but because someone would think something like that and then decide it was a good idea to post it.

Seems like a good time for that image with the Fry fellow from Futurama...
 4 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:30:35 AM(UTC)

Most corners (turn 1, 3, 7, 10, 13 & 17) on Sebring it's important that you not only hug the inside of the corner as close as possible but also the outside, both going in as out of the turn. I think chase camera is the best for this if you don't use it yet. Also turn 15 & 16 you can extend and cut.
#67 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:34:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fletchett Go to Quoted Post

Most of the tracks I am quite close to him, but Sebring is a different story.

I think Braindead is still number 2 at P2 class. (That is world ranking)

So 2:07 is a pretty good time.

Wait, what? I'm not #1 anymore?
P2 class is my favorite class, even though I mostly race the slower Mazda's.
#68 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:08:03 AM(UTC)

Most corners (turn 1, 3, 7, 10, 13 & 17) on Sebring it's important that you not only hug the inside of the corner as close as possible but also the outside, both going in as out of the turn. I think chase camera is the best for this if you don't use it yet. Also turn 15 & 16 you can extend and cut.

So much this. When I watched the replay of the current fastest lap I was surprised by how wide he goes after 15 to keep speed up through 16. Doing the same knocked 2 seconds off my lap time to hit 2:09, and I'm a relatively rubbish driver.

2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:17:05 AM(UTC)
i've run probably hundreds of laps on iracing & have never been able to figure this track out. it's one of the best, but it's a relief to hear i'm not alone in being godawful.

above poster is right that you should be using the outer curb after T16 if you're doing it right (i never am). turns 16-17-1 alone probably cost me ~3 seconds off my own pace and when you're generally slow everywhere else it makes for a rough time.

hopefully w/ replay and ghost i'll be able to figure some of it out for once...personally like this challenge a lot. at least the fast flatout section before the build up to the final straight always makes me feel like a badass.
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:58:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Welp, I struggle with Mechberg, I highly doubt I'll get anywhere NEAR Triton. I'm not sure about JonK, I've never had to race him and do not know his skill level.

From all I can remember of his LB times, he's fairly close to Triton. Perhaps he's splitting the middle with Mechberg and Triton, but he's certainly not slow.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:09:55 AM(UTC)
Although I could carry more speed through turn one, I'm satisfied with my current time of 2:04.8. Now I'll just wait and see what the bounty times will be. I won't try to improve further unless one of the targets is one or two tenths faster than mine as it nears the deadline.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:15:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MeagerPuppy26 Go to Quoted Post
i've run probably hundreds of laps on iracing & have never been able to figure this track out. it's one of the best, but it's a relief to hear i'm not alone in being godawful.

above poster is right that you should be using the outer curb after T16 if you're doing it right (i never am). turns 16-17-1 alone probably cost me ~3 seconds off my own pace and when you're generally slow everywhere else it makes for a rough time.

hopefully w/ replay and ghost i'll be able to figure some of it out for once...personally like this challenge a lot. at least the fast flatout section before the build up to the final straight always makes me feel like a badass.

yeah even irl they say this track isnt easy to drive
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:35:01 AM(UTC)
My current time 2:06.756 after 20 laps. There's room for improvement.

TCS should improve speed through Turn 17 hopefully.

Anyway, the kerbs at Sebring are brutal and unsettle the car too much. I recommend not using any except in select few spots. Turn 7 is one of the most unintuitive corners with its wide kerb that makes you slower if you hit it. Best to brake late and take it wide.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:40:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:56:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

From all I can remember of his LB times, he's fairly close to Triton. Perhaps he's splitting the middle with Mechberg and Triton, but he's certainly not slow.

Jonk can beat Triton. Id imagine there is office bragging rights at stake here. Jonk races online a good bit and is a very very good racer and clean too. He will beat some very fast racers when he chooses the right cars. I would not snooze on his skill set. Granted I think he's more of a mid-class kind of guy (B class) so I'm not sure how he will do in this car.

I predict some moaning will happen at a minimum for Triton and Jonk laptimes.
 5 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:05:53 AM(UTC)

Don't you just love when folks say " I don't want to offend anyone" and then do!!!!

If you didn't want to offend anyone why say anything offensive. Not only is it offensive to the young lady from T10 but also offensive to any lady playing FM.

I hope she leaves you in her draft... !!!!!

To T10 challengers, don't let the whiners on here make you feel guilty for winning... Don't hold back... Give us you best and if we (the community) can't measure up... So be it. Many folks on here are big cry babies over a gifted car. But there are also many like myself want to win, but not to be given the win. This is Sebring, and the 12 hours of Sebring is here.... Good Luck to Everyone!

Great event T10, thanks for mixing it up... The Corvette at Sebring.. So appropriate; awesome!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:30:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

33 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error