3 Pages123Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:39:52 PM(UTC)
Details for the next season of FM7's Leagues has been posted in game. The season reward is the 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP Forza Edition and this season has 4 series(A series starts at 7 PM EST, might be affected by Daylight Savings Time which begins on 3/11/18 which would make it 8 PM EDT):

Series 1:

https://i.imgur.com/MFWVTRl.jpg

Runs from 2/24/18 to 3/3/18

Events:
1. Rebirth of Muscle Ghost
2. Rise of the Supercar Simulation
3. 2014 BMW M4 Spec Ghost

Reward: 2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute Forza Edition

Series 2:

https://i.imgur.com/DkGjRYX.jpg

Runs from 3/3/18 to 3/10/18

Events:
1. GT Racing Reborn Ghost
2. Vintage Sport GT Simulation
3. #30 Ferrari F333 Spec Sim

Reward: Grease Monkey Driver Gear(Not listed in Driver Gear yet)

Series 3:

https://i.imgur.com/fKmIpBk.jpg

Runs from 3/10/18 to 3/17/18

Events:
1.Showroom Rally Ghost
3. Supercars Championship Simulation
3. 2017 Nissan GT-R Spec Cosmetic

Reward: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan

Series 4:

https://i.imgur.com/JHFpz9D.jpg

Runs from 3/17/18 to 3/24/18

Events:
1. Formula 90's Ghost
2. Forza Touring Cars Simulation
3. Lotus 2-Eleven Spec Ghost

Reward: Blue Robot Driver Gear

If anyone can double check what the rewards are, it'll be appreciated given that it is possible that I've mistaken a car for something similar to it.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:21:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:41:08 PM(UTC)
Those are all correct. The Series 2 reward Driver Gear is Grease Monkey (currently not in the menu).

Reference for newcomers:

Help menu:

Leagues overview www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_12_1_17
Quote:
Forza Motorsport 7 Leagues are organized along scheduled timelines called Seasons. Each League Season will typically be four weeks in duration and each Season will be comprised of four week-long Series. Series are made up of Events – traditional multiplayer race lobbies – that operate under specific rules and use a variety of vehicles, from specific make and model races, to events based around division or class.

Leagues in Forza 7 will organize players along five skill Bands – from “Grassroots” all the way up to “Pinnacle.” Each Band will contain five Ranks – “5” being the lowest and “1” being the highest Rank within a particular Band. Players can move up (or down) in Rank and earn promotion (or demotion) between Bands by earning League Points in races. Players will always know which Band they are in and their current Rank by consulting the main Leagues screen in the game. Here’s an example:

As you can see, the Leagues home screen gives the player a lot of information. On the left side, you’ll see information on the current Season and Series, as well as the current active Events (note that there can be multiple Events open during a particular Series). You’ll also see information on what rewards you can earn for participating in a Series and for participating in the over-arching Season.

On the right side of the screen is information about you, including your current Band and Rank, the number of League Points you have earned in your current Rank, and the total League Points you need to earn to move to the next Rank. As mentioned earlier, you can move between Ranks and Bands. For instance, a Rank 5 player in Grassroots Band might move through to Rank 1 in the Grassroots Band; with enough points, that player could be promoted to the next Band (where she would start at Rank 5 in the new Band). Also, players can move down in both Rank and Band, depending on their performance in Events. That’s where scoring comes into play.

Scoring
After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.

With Opponent Skill scoring, points are awarded to the player based on their Trueskill ranking (a behind-the-scenes rating number) as compared to the rest of the lobby. If a player’s rating is lower than average of the lobby, he’ll receive more points for higher race finishes than he would if his rating was at the average or higher than the average of the lobby.

Matchmaking
We heard loud and clear from League players in Forza 6, who complained about the lack of full lobbies in the upper echelon skill tiers. With Forza 7, each of the Bands will include a higher population of players per Band. By breaking players up into multiple Ranks within those Bands, we’re able to allow more people in, but also settle in to the skill level that is right for them. In terms of Matchmaking, players will first be matched to players in a similar Band and Rank, with players from adjacent Ranks sometimes filling in the gaps.

Rewards
As you can see, Leagues in Forza Motorsport 7 are designed to bring great racing to players of all skill levels. What I’m most excited about is the ways we can reward League players. It starts with credit rewards. Every day you log into Leagues and finish an Event, you’ll be awarded with a daily credit gift. You’ll also earn a credit bonus for your first podium finish of the day. If you’re promoted to another Rank, that’s another credit bonus and, should you move between Bands after an event, you’ll get an even bigger credit bonus. In fact, the higher you go up the Bands, the more credits you can earn for promotion.

It’s not just credits. As you can see from the screen above, we’ll be able to gift League players with awesome rewards, including exclusive cars, player badges, and Driver Gear.

Edited by user Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:07:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:59:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Those are all correct. The Series 2 reward Driver Gear is Grease Monkey (currently not in the menu).

Thank you for checking on those rewards and for naming the Series 2 reward driver gear. When checking to see what each reward is, I look at the thumbnail and then search the car collection for the car and then go to Rental Cars to get the full name of that car while the process for driver gear involves going through the list of driver gear and checking each one that resembles the driver gear in question until I find the driver gear in question if it is currently listed. In this case, one driver gear was listed while the other was nowhere to be found for the time being.
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:51:53 AM(UTC)
I haven't played in Leagues in a few weeks, but when I last played I noticed some changes to the way that points are awarded:

Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I’ve done a few more races this evening and it appears that the point scoring system has changed.

• Finishing Position gives many more points now for higher finishing positions than it did previously. After winning a 10 man race I gained 103 points from this metric alone.
  • Position Change gives and drops far fewer points than it did previously. You now gain/lose 3 points instead of 15 per position made/lost compared to your grid slot.
  • Opponent Skill remains unchanged.

In other news I’ve hit the Rank limit: Pinnacle Rank 1 with 10,000/10,000 LP:

Has this change in points scoring affected how people approach races now? Specifically:

1. Have people stopped intentionally lowering their grid positions by setting slow/dirty laps in races?
  2. Have people stopped intentionally lowering their grid positions by backing out of and rejoining a lobby?

Also, how active are the Pinnacle Band races now during European evenings, is it easy to find a room with 10+ players?
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:04:54 AM(UTC)
I haven't played in Leagues in a few weeks, but when I last played I noticed some changes to the way that points are awarded:

I’ve done a few more races this evening and it appears that the point scoring system has changed.

• Finishing Position gives many more points now for higher finishing positions than it did previously. After winning a 10 man race I gained 103 points from this metric alone.
  • Position Change gives and drops far fewer points than it did previously. You now gain/lose 3 points instead of 15 per position made/lost compared to your grid slot.
  • Opponent Skill remains unchanged.

In other news I’ve hit the Rank limit: Pinnacle Rank 1 with 10,000/10,000 LP:

Has this change in points scoring affected how people approach races now? Specifically:

1. Have people stopped intentionally lowering their grid positions by setting slow/dirty laps in races?
  2. Have people stopped intentionally lowering their grid positions by backing out of and rejoining a lobby?

Also, how active are the Pinnacle Band races now during European evenings, is it easy to find a room with 10+ players?

In addition it seems that single events will no longer award any points. You must keep doing consecutive races to rack up points.

Overall these are great series, especially Ghost, can't wait to race GT Racing Reborn!
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:44:35 AM(UTC)
@PJTierney - I can tell you that if you set the fastest lap in a race, you will start in last place in the next race, rather than first. It doesn't make sense from a grid standpoint, but with how the points system is set up, at least now there is incentive to get a fast lap.

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:54:45 AM(UTC)
Hate to ask this question again, but I've seen no real confirmation either way so maybe I'll find something here:

To win any of the prizes, do you actually have to "win" a race? All the races? Have the best score at the end of the season? Or, do you just have to participate, and by "participate" I mean complete at least one race in one of the league events. Or do you have to complete a race in each of the league events? I ask because for last season, I ran numerous races in the Ghost event (R-Class in the 911 GT1 Strassenversion), got one podium, didn't participate in any of the other events. I have not received any of the prizes (the ATS-V FE or driver gear); perhaps they haven't been handed out yet? Or have I not done enough to earn them?

Edited by user Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:55:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:11:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Hate to ask this question again, but I've seen no real confirmation either way so maybe I'll find something here:

To win any of the prizes, do you actually have to "win" a race? All the races? Have the best score at the end of the season? Or, do you just have to participate, and by "participate" I mean complete at least one race in one of the league events. Or do you have to complete a race in each of the league events? I ask because for last season, I ran numerous races in the Ghost event (R-Class in the 911 GT1 Strassenversion), got one podium, didn't participate in any of the other events. I have not received any of the prizes (the ATS-V FE or driver gear); perhaps they haven't been handed out yet? Or have I not done enough to earn them?

To get a series reward, all one has to do is complete 1 race in any of the 3 events for that series and it will be rewarded once you visit the Leagues menu when the series closes. To get the season reward, all one has to do is complete a single race in at least 1 of the series for that league season and it will be rewarded once you visit the Leagues menu when the new league season begins.

To answer your question, given that you have finished at least one race in this week's series, you will get the driver gear and FE car once you visit the Leagues menu past 7 PM EST on 2/24/18.
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:17:59 AM(UTC)
Looking forward to GT Racing Reborn and Touring Cars. Great lineup this series.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:45:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rusted Ace2013 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

To get a series reward, all one has to do is complete 1 race in any of the 3 events for that series and it will be rewarded once you visit the Leagues menu when the series closes. To get the season reward, all one has to do is complete a single race in at least 1 of the series for that league season and it will be rewarded once you visit the Leagues menu when the new league season begins.

To answer your question, given that you have finished at least one race in this week's series, you will get the driver gear and FE car once you visit the Leagues menu past 7 PM EST on 2/24/18.

Thanks Ace.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:53:12 AM(UTC)

Looks like some badly needed adjustment has taken place if this is true.

Being a more or less average driver I really got fed up with the points given ( and especially taken away !). quite often I was violently rammed off the track, losing my midfield position and finding myself at the very end soon. This in combination with a few connection losses made me lose all points earned before. In consequence I do a ghost race from time to time just enough to collect the rewards and that´s it.
I don´t care much for my grid position, because I know of my lack of high class driving skills, but it was a frustrating experience for me. But I might give it another try.
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:41:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TDM SilverArrow Go to Quoted Post
@PJTierney - I can tell you that if you set the fastest lap in a race, you will start in last place in the next race, rather than first. It doesn't make sense from a grid standpoint, but with how the points system is set up, at least now there is incentive to get a fast lap.

Starting last after setting a fastest clean lap doesn't happen in Grassroots, does this happen in Pinnacle? I have been in races where I set the fastest clean lap time and start on the front of the grid.

I only compete in a few League races each week, enough to get the reward and move up or down the Ranks and I have just been promoted into the next Band, Enthusiast as I recall. Wether it is one race or a few races, I was still getting points for competing but I get more points on the first race and finish above my starting position and even more if I podium or win. I am not a great racer but with a good tune I can occasionally win races with my standard Forza controller.
HSV
I just want one!
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 4:11:28 PM(UTC)
Just did a race in the M4. Not ghost
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:09:21 PM(UTC)
Yeah, Sim Ghost my eye......same as last time but they changed it real quick then the snapperhead mod acted like i was crazy and his overlords were without fault..... its like they got the most car illiterate nerds that have only putting gas in their Prius' as experience to make a racing game
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 6:04:51 PM(UTC)
FYI

#3 Spec ghost is actually spec cosmetic, just had a race and half the grid crashed of 12 people,.. Of course no way of catching up and they left,.. I placed last as usual.
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:36:27 PM(UTC)
So what do you think the chances of anyone reading this thread and fixing the solid ghosts?
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:07:28 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity is prohibited by the forums Code of Conduct - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:15:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:47:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KrispyYogurt Go to Quoted Post
FYI

#3 Spec ghost is actually spec cosmetic, just had a race and half the grid crashed of 12 people,.. Of course no way of catching up and they left,.. I placed last as usual.

Was just in race against you with a different gamertag
Hmm who is doing the crashing
But you still came last or close to it
Wish i kept the replay

Just because you can bump others in what is supposed to be a ghost league doesnt mean you should
Retaliators arent any better than the original crashers

Was also in a full ghost race against you later on
Same result too
Second to last

Edited by user Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:52:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:18:22 AM(UTC)
Yes it is labelled wrong but I'll be fair I just did 4 races on the spin in the bmw series and with the exception of racing mistakes I didn't really see much ramming fairly clean good racing 5th 3rd 3rd and 1st. Not a bad start to this league season. Keep up the clean racing.

Happy motoring.
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:22:00 AM(UTC)
Gah. Was somewhat looking forward to the spec league. Then I did a race and remembered why I avoid public lobbies like the plague. All was going well until the last portion of the first lap around the Le Mans GP track, where trying to overtake the 4th position car on a wideish straight led to him PIT manoeuvring me. Then on the third lap coming up to the Garage Vert corner trying to get past the same person, I had him weaving all over the track trying to block me from passing. Going to brake for the corner to take an inside line while he was way wide then had him diving to the inside and leading to me shunting him off the track after having no time to brake and avoid him.
#21 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:27:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KrispyYogurt Go to Quoted Post
FYI

Was just in race against you with a different gamertag
Hmm who is doing the crashing
But you still came last or close to it
Wish i kept the replay

Just because you can bump others in what is supposed to be a ghost league doesnt mean you should
Retaliators arent any better than the original crashers

Was also in a full ghost race against you later on
Same result too
Second to last

I was doing Elite Factory Racers a couple days ago, Ghost lobby... Some people driving in reverse for some reason. :D

The next race I was 3rd, my game froze and I left, lost points too because it counts as DNF. :(
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:35:39 AM(UTC)
Event no.3 should be called something else than Spec Ghost...something like Collision Mayhem Chaos Rampage...should be ghosted but it ain't :)
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:57:35 PM(UTC)
Just went into a spec ghost race with the m4 and it was a crash fest. No GHOSTING in a ghost lobby.
#24 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:25:20 PM(UTC)
I rammed into someone before realizing no one is ghosted. probably ended up getting cursed at.
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:44:53 PM(UTC)
For me the Dubai tunnel was full of surprises, when I did this race earlier today. I think at this point it would be strange, if the new addition to the game actually worked without any issues.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error