#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:43:42 PM(UTC)
UPDATE : Thanks to Talby71 checking multiple ways. The individual car packs from FM5 will not show as installed, but if you have purchased the Car Pass prior to FM5 EOL, all available DLC cars will show up in the game, despite the individual car packs not being shown as installed. Please read his posts below for a detailed explanation.

Like the title says I don't understand why the first car pack " Samsung QLED TV " displays as 7 individual car files plus the Samsung file, while subsequent car packs display as only the car pack file.

MY BURNING QUESTION Are we supposed to install these or not. While in fact all cars show up in game without installing, but why does the game manager show something that needs to be installed IE a new car pack. Basically to keep this short, what I am getting at is for example before FM5 was EOL I purchased all DLC's and the game before it went gold. Never launched it because I was playing FM6 at the time and saving FM5 for a rainy day so to speak.

When I needed room on the hard drive I uninstalled it, but before doing so it showed a fairly large number of things I installed. Recently when looking at it under game manager it only shows 8 things to install, sometimes 9 , VIP comes and goes. Add to the fact that no add-ons display any more in the XBOX store. Horizon 2 just the opposite, shows 18 things to be installed minus a couple car packs I need to be complete, but in the XBOX store shows that I have installed 26 things for it.

I am just worried that FM5 car packs won't show up properly when I decide to play it. The CAR PASS and the way it works is confusing. Is it just a place holder, or do we have to actually go into the XBOX store and reinstall each individual car pack to prove we own it, which can't be done for FM5 now that it is EOL and none of the car packs show up in the XBOX store.

For the DLC's I have purchased for past Forza games show up one way and then change to another after uninstalling. What actually gives us access to the car packs. The pass itself or us taking the time to individually install each car pack. The way they show up in the game manager is confusing to say the least.

Edited by user Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:12:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Update

User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:52:49 PM(UTC)
I have the car pass so I'm not sure how it works for people that don't have it.

When any car packs come out I just use the Collectors screen to get them. I never go into the Xbox files (why bother). I did have a minor problem in FH3 when cars that should have been free weren't but apart from that everything has run smoothly when it comes to DLC.
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:06:38 PM(UTC)
I appreciate your reply YanaYaYa UK . I too have the car pass, in fact I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition of FM7. What has me concerned is that short of reinstalling FM5 and testing to see that all car-packs show up, I was hoping someone could shed some light on what proves we own a specific car pack. My FM5 under game manager only shows the car pass as waiting to be installed. Before I uninstalled it , it showed every individual car pack, booster pack, etc. that I had installed to the game. After uninstalling it only 8-9 things show up under game manager.

What I am getting at is if there is no place to re download things after EOL what proves we did in the first place if the game manager displays 2 entirely different lists of what you have installed for the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChristinaRacing Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate your reply YanaYaYa UK . I too have the car pass, in fact I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition of FM7. What has me concerned is that short of reinstalling FM5 and testing to see that all car-packs show up, I was hoping someone could shed some light on what proves we own a specific car pack. My FM5 under game manager only shows the car pass as waiting to be installed. Before I uninstalled it , it showed every individual car pack, booster pack, etc. that I had installed to the game. After uninstalling it only 8-9 things show up under game manager.

What I am getting at is if there is no place to re download things after EOL what proves we did in the first place if the game manager displays 2 entirely different lists of what you have installed for the game.
Would they not be in your download history?

#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:19:28 PM(UTC)
You don't have to install the car packs if you have the car pass.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:28:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Did that apply to fm5 though
I know it does with fm6 fh3 and fm7
Cant remember it working that way back in 2013..but it might

I will try and test it tonight with my 2nd console though

Edited by user Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:31:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:37:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "download history" on the XBOX ONE console. I believe that only applied to XBOX 360 console. Unless I am mistaken, all that the XBOX ONE console has for a track record of your Games / DLC that you have either redeemed or purchased is the "Game Manager" .

Like I said before I uninstalled FM5 there was a ton of stuff showing that I had either redeemed, purchased and installed. Upon uninstalling only 8 things show under the game manager as waiting to be installed, not the close to 20 things that were there prior to uninstalling. Just seems to be no real explanation. There one minute, gone the next, not to mention when entering game manager I get as many as three or four different totals of things waiting to be installed. Look at it once it shows 8, go back a few minutes later its 9, go back a little while later and its 7.

I understand that most of this post pertains to FM5, but the same whacky stuff is going on in the download manager for FM7 like I said earlier, the first car pack for FM7 shows 7 individual car files plus the original Samsung file, car packs following the first car pack only show the car pack file itself. While this may not seem important now while the game is new and fresh, once EOL where and how is anyone suppose to re download any DLC if it disappears from your game manager list and the XBOX Store as well.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:45:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Did that apply to fm5 though
I know it does with fm6 fh3 and fm7
Cant remember it working that way back in 2013..but it might

I will try and test it tonight with my 2nd console though

Thanks Talby for checking, and like I said I had bought and installed all the stuff for FM5, or at least I thought I did. The list of things showing installed for FM5 was quite large before I uninstalled, then it shrank to a very low number, of which that number keeps changing depending on when I glance at it. Before I uninstalled, all car packs showed as installed and after uninstalling only the car pass shows, but no individual history of me installing the car packs themselves.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:54:39 PM(UTC)

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "download history" on the XBOX ONE console. I believe that only applied to XBOX 360 console. Unless I am mistaken, all that the XBOX ONE console has for a track record of your Games / DLC that you have either redeemed or purchased is the "Game Manager" .

Like I said before I uninstalled FM5 there was a ton of stuff showing that I had either redeemed, purchased and installed. Upon uninstalling only 8 things show under the game manager as waiting to be installed, not the close to 20 things that were there prior to uninstalling. Just seems to be no real explanation. There one minute, gone the next, not to mention when entering game manager I get as many as three or four different totals of things waiting to be installed. Look at it once it shows 8, go back a few minutes later its 9, go back a little while later and its 7.

I understand that most of this post pertains to FM5, but the same whacky stuff is going on in the download manager for FM7 like I said earlier, the first car pack for FM7 shows 7 individual car files plus the original Samsung file, car packs following the first car pack only show the car pack file itself. While this may not seem important now while the game is new and fresh, once EOL where and how is anyone suppose to re download any DLC if it disappears from your game manager list and the XBOX Store as well.
Someone told me to scroll all the way to the right on my games and apps,hit the back button on any game brings up your dlc content,i have not tried this myself,just passing on the info.By the way,my wifes name is Christina.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:56:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:49:16 PM(UTC)

Someone told me to scroll all the way to the right on my games and apps,hit the back button on any game brings up your dlc content,i have not tried this myself,just passing on the info.By the way,my wifes name is Christina.

Yeah I believe what you are referring to is the actual "Game Manager" which is what I was also referring to, as it shows what you have downloaded and installed for a particular game. I have been in that a ton of times always checking things out. That is the only tie we have to DLC on the X1 console. Yes we have purchase history on our Microsoft accounts, but that will not display individual things that are contained in something like a "Season Pass" or in this case a "Car Pass" .

The only explanation I can come up with at the moment is that before FM5 was EOL, maybe everything for the game including all updates and DLC's was rolled into the final version remaining on the XBOX Store, and if you have the car pass, Vip, etc. that the placeholder in the game manager showing you purchased it, just unlocks it. I say this because if you search for FM5 car pass in the XBOX Store nothing comes up, but if you have it in your waiting to be installed list in the Game Manage section of my games and apps it says "See in store" , but I have yet to see any individual car packs. What's even more perplexing is that every possible DLC known to man for the first original Horizon still shows in the XBOX store, and it's the oldest Forza game available for the X1.

BTW tell your wife Christina that she has a super terrific fantastic name!
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:20:15 PM(UTC)
Ok home and gone to install forza 5 and it comes up as 8 things to install including the game
On my other console there is 21 including the base game
Will install and see what happens

Started installing and 2 more things popped up to install..1 was the car pass..no actual car packs are appearing except the day 1 pack and the free to everyone packs

Edited by user Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:25:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:27:43 PM(UTC)
Ok home and gone to install forza 5 and it comes up as 8 things to install including the game
On my other console there is 21 including the base game
Will install and see what happens

Thanks again Talby for checking into this.

Boy I sure hope it installs everything. I will be beyond sad if it doesn't, was really looking forward to playing this earlier title someday with all the cars. That's why I bought the car pass and all other DLC's to begin with. My fingers are crossed!
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:26:25 PM(UTC)
Well fully installed
I go into my cars and everything is all there and drivable
The car packs arent installed though
Not sure how it would work if it's a profile that hasnt already bought the cars..trying that now
Yep all dlc cars are available to buy for other gamertags...not free though..that never got introduced until fh2 if i remember..or was it fm6
Maybe just owning the car pass was backdated to the older game as well so it works the same as fm6 and 7
None show as purchased in the marketplace either which would be why they dont appear as downloadable but all my dlc cars work

Edited by user Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:34:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:39:47 PM(UTC)
Well fully installed
I go into my cars and everything is all there and drivable
The car packs arent installed though
Not sure how it would work if it's a profile that hasnt already bought the cars..trying that now
Maybe just owning the car pass was backdated to the older game as well so it works the same as fm6 and 7
None show as purchased in the marketplace either which would be why they dont appear as downloadable but all my dlc cars work

So if I am reading your post correct, any and all specific DLC cars are showing in the game, either available to drive or purchase. That means I should be okay then. Wow that's a big relief !
Thanks again for testing.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:04:53 AM(UTC)

So if I am reading your post correct, any and all specific DLC cars are showing in the game, either available to drive or purchase. That means I should be okay then. Wow that's a big relief !
Thanks again for testing.

To check just what you do own on your Xbxo got to games and Apps then High light the game or app and press Menu on your controler sellect go to store and any thing you own for that game will show up as owned, you list of game under Games and app is in 3 sections Games Installed Apps and Waiting to install any thigg in thoes list are what you own all you need to do is sellect a game or app in Waiting to Download and press menu and see in store for a list of all content you own for that game Also another way is to highlight the game Press menu and then sellect Manage game look in waiting to install or installed list to see what content you do own it is all ther in the Apps and Games section of your Xbox.

If is is in your Games and Apps section you either own it out right or are allowed to play it if you have Game Pass or Xbox Gold.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:50:59 AM(UTC)
Yep it doesnt show the individual packs from the car pass as installed but i tried with a new account and the cars from those packs were available to buy..secondary accounts dont get free in fm5
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:58:42 AM(UTC)
What additions you've already purchased, I believe are part of the information in the original gamertag which purchased the items. If you downloaded them, they should be available. However, I do NOT believe some of these earlier games (not sure about FM5) are supported long enough now to go back and buy something you don't already own.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#18 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 8:30:05 AM(UTC)
Where is the game manager

Notification

Icon
Error