This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:32:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Oleh UA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR SPEARMAN Go to Quoted Post

Drafting is very weak in this game but yes this is the reason. Being within 150ft you're in drafting range and 150ft in front you're also being pushed. These both give dirty laps.

Wait, you are getting pushed if someone is 150ft behind you? Please explain how that works IRL, I'm really curious.
And I'm also tired of people behind me making my laps dirty.

When a car is not being drafted, there's a drag effect created by the turbulent air behind it which slows it down. When another car comes into this slipstream, it smooths out the turbulence, and reduces drag, giving the drafted car a slight boost in efficiency and speed. The effect is not as pronounced on the lead car as it is on the drafting car, but it is noticeable, and measurable. Therefore, a drafted car is getting an advantage that it would not otherwise have on an empty track, or if no other cars were in the vicinity.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:03:09 AM(UTC)
[quote=GTR SPEARMAN;1002780]

Wait, you are getting pushed if someone is 150ft behind you? Please explain how that works IRL, I'm really curious.

Both cars benefit from the reduced air resistance. It's harder to visualize the benefit to the front car, but there is drag from the turbulent air coming off the rear of the front car, and the car behind helps reduce the drag the closer it gets.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:15:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sH0tgUn jUliA Go to Quoted Post
And here I just wish people crossplaying on PCs wouldn't cheat.

How do they cheat? I've yet to see any evidence of this. Any use of in game hacks the game engine detects. This results in an instant 100 year ban.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:17:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:12:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR SPEARMAN Go to Quoted Post

Drafting is very weak in this game but yes this is the reason. Being within 150ft you're in drafting range and 150ft in front you're also being pushed. These both give dirty laps.

I think the game engine is bad and can only detect if a car is close or not close and g-impact on car or not. If your Porsche is raising the front wheel and hitting it back on the road your lap is dirty also...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:16:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:03:46 PM(UTC)
I wonder if one of the reasons people get hung up on this isn't just because they want to post lap times to the leaderboard, but because multiplayer tends to reward quick clean laps with better grid positioning in the next race.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error