This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:17:23 AM(UTC)
Why is it that a clean lap is never registered in free play???
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:38:55 AM(UTC)
Friction assist on (not sure about other easy assists)? You used rewind?
If you mess up the last section of the previous lap, then the new lap gets automatically dirty.
Something else?

Edited by user Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:41:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:31:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GLR Asteroid Go to Quoted Post
Why is it that a clean lap is never registered in free play???

Lots of reasons

Friction assist is on

You are using super easy assists

Traffic causing a Draft Assist will dirty a lap

Any Traffic on the track you can see can cause a Draft Assist

Going out side track limits

Contact with cars or walls barriers

Its a long list and could keep going but main ones are listed

Hope this helps

#4 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:40:45 AM(UTC)
Thanks for your reply, but I believe I have all assists off and I know about the next lap issue, but I'll check everything.

Are you saying that clean laps should be recorded in free play?
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:48:09 AM(UTC)
Yes, clean laps are recorded
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:55:06 AM(UTC)
They are, so long as the lap is clean. If you're cutting/extending the track, that also obviously dirties the lap
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 9:22:10 AM(UTC)
Thanks and good to know.
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:40:24 AM(UTC)
After I posted my comment I recalled, that there was something strange happening on Suzuka circuit. I fired up the game, free play and any class race. There is definitely something fishy going on on the main straight. First I thought this has something to do with driving over the pit lane markings, but it might be actually related to speed (150 or 160 km/h equals dirty lap?). Something strange is also happening on the "straight" before Casio Triangle. So, yeah, now I'm intrigued too.

Edited by user Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:41:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:48:07 AM(UTC)
Two more things to keep in mind:
* Drafting also dirties laps, and the game can sometimes be a bit weird about counting something as a draft...sometimes it seems to be enough to be in the general vicinity of an opponent car, even when you are driving under a bridge and an opponent happens to be on top of the bridge at the same time.
* Campaign races for some reason don't show you the "dirty" symbol for your lap time during the race - you'll only see after the race finished whether your laps were registered as clean. Free play races do show you the dirty symbol, however.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:49:49 AM(UTC)
I think many people knows Drafting dirties your lap. but i don't think many people knows even Giving opponents a draft dirties your lap. i think this is the your case.

Edited by user Sunday, February 11, 2018 2:02:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kinds learning on English.
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 11:14:57 AM(UTC)
OK, in that case it is because of drafting... well that general vicinity thing, because without drivatars this isn't happening.
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 11:44:41 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone. I have completed some slow laps and discovered that the game is alot less forgiving with track limits...any blade of grass on Maple valley.
I did also have friction assist on, which I didn't really notice or hold any stead in.

Thanks to you all.
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:20:58 PM(UTC)
If you are sure you are not drafting: any time the rewind option pops up you have dirtied your lap. Very useful to find track barriers and allowed curbs etc. Or let you know when you have to rewind to make the next lap clean (generally the part after the last section time shows has to be clean).
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:37:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GLR Asteroid Go to Quoted Post
I have completed some slow laps and discovered that the game is alot less forgiving with track limits...any blade of grass on Maple valley.

Its not a matter of forgiveness, its a matter of three tires leaving the racing surface ;)
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:54:06 PM(UTC)
Depends what track you are on. Spa, COTA and Road America are very forgiving whereas VIR for example is not. Some tracks you can really push the track limits past what you can even in real life.

Edited by user Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:54:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 1:13:52 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know what the triangle symbol is that appears sometimes on leader board time?
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:17:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AnakalaRon Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what the triangle symbol is that appears sometimes on leader board time?

That's signifies that lap was dirty and the player never set a clean lap in whatever they were doing on that track.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:32:03 PM(UTC)
And aren't dirty laps also cumulative (five offenses in Lap 1 = five laps before you are cleared)?
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:04:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
And aren't dirty laps also cumulative (five offenses in Lap 1 = five laps before you are cleared)?

Nope

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite 😠😠
#20 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 10:08:25 AM(UTC)
I haven't posted here in a long time, but one thing that I'm getting so frustrated with in this game is rocking an absolutely clean lap and getting to the final turn, clearing the turn cleanly, only to have the trailing car get a little too close. There's no contact of any kind, but now that absolutely perfect clean lap is dirty because a car was able to accelerate a little faster than my car.

If this was happening only in multiplayer, I'd just write it off as lag. But it's happening even in solo mode. Am I the only one?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:46:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 10:31:19 AM(UTC)
Drafting, less wind resistance. You car gets a little bit faster than normal....and of course the lap gets dirty.
It's an unfair advantage you would get for your laptime on the leaderboards.

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 10:42:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 4:53:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
Drafting, less wind resistance. You car gets a little bit faster than normal....and of course the lap gets dirty.
It's an unfair advantage you would get for your laptime on the leaderboards.

Drafting is very weak in this game but yes this is the reason. Being within 150ft you're in drafting range and 150ft in front you're also being pushed. These both give dirty laps.

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 8:17:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:37:37 PM(UTC)
In races forget about posting clean laps. If you really want to put down some clean laps and post your fastest times on the leader boards try rivals. Or you could set custom races with no opponents. The problem was several versions of the game ago that some devious little cheaters found that they could post faster leader board times when the drafted with a buddy. So ever after the game flagged any lap that you received a benefit from a draft or push as dirty. With rivals it should be just you the car and the track, put up your fastest time. It is still possible to do clean laps in either multiplayer or solo campaign/free play. You just have to be far enough out front. I do like that they added the track limits so you can turn those on or off to see what is considered in bounds and what is out of bounds per se. I would like to see some better sector timing though. Good luck.
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 2:03:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR SPEARMAN Go to Quoted Post

Drafting is very weak in this game but yes this is the reason. Being within 150ft you're in drafting range and 150ft in front you're also being pushed. These both give dirty laps.

Wait, you are getting pushed if someone is 150ft behind you? Please explain how that works IRL, I'm really curious.
And I'm also tired of people behind me making my laps dirty.
#25 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:34:07 AM(UTC)
And here I just wish people crossplaying on PCs wouldn't cheat.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error