14 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:34:22 AM(UTC)
I just heard that for the SECOND time in a row, we will be getting ANOTHER car pack delay for February. It will be coming out on February 19.

How come they had to delay ANOTHER car pack?!

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:27:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:38:05 AM(UTC)
How come Xbox Live is coming out with a BIG update on the Xbox One this month? Did they delay it, or is it an overall plan to coordinate things, especially with the 4K HDR conversions on games?

Oh they are just so devious! LOL!
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:42:46 AM(UTC)
I'm thinking it's not a delay at all; the precedent was set last month, and we're looking at mid-month DLC from now until they change it again.

Edited by user Friday, February 2, 2018 9:12:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:47:24 AM(UTC)
https://www.forzamotorsp...news/fm7_ford_x1x_raptor

Quote:
February Forza Events
Looking forward to the next four weeks, Forza Motorsport 7 players can expect for a great month of fun in February. First up, the next content update and car pack will launch in Forza Motorsport 7 on February 19th; look for more details as we get closer to launch. February will also see new events arriving in the game. In addition to a new Bounty Hunter event starring Turn 10 Studio Manager Alan Hartman, we’ll be launching a new event featuring a twist on the traditional Rivals format. All that, plus the arrival of new Driver Gear celebrating the Winter Olympics, the Lunar New Year, and more.

Finally, Forza fans can look forward to the official announcement of our Forza Racing Championship plans this month. Look for details on schedule, format, and more in the coming weeks.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:47:37 AM(UTC)
Actually, the Xbox Live console update probably has priority to set the foundation for certain things coming down the pipe in FM7. Unless the consoles (Xbox One versions) have the proper software installed, the 4K HDR game updates probably wouldn't work properly. Even Major Nelson is touting the coming Xbox Live update as "required."
Pay It Forward

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:48:25 AM(UTC)
So it says in the Ford Raptor XBox One X Edition news post that the new car pack "will launch in Forza Motorsport 7 on February 19th". Not odd enough that we get another car pack delayed, but also this car pack does not come out at the first Tuesday of the month as it was used to in Horizon 3, Motorsport 6 and before. Instead it is released on a Monday and that let me think about it. I think we´ve seen this before.
The Porsche Car Pack in Horizon 3 launched at a Wednesday and a month later, on April 26th 2017, the Hot Wheels expansion was announced and it released May 9th.
The Alpinestars Car Pack in Motorsport 6 was announced at a Wednesday, January 27th 2016 and a bit more than a month later the Porsche Expansion was announced at a Tuesday.

My point is: There is a chance that we may actually get an expansion this or next month since the car packs before expansions sometimes were not released at a Tuesday as ususal. I do not want to say there WILL come one, but it would make sense: The first expansion in Motorsport 6 was released in March and let´s be honest: The game is pretty much dead right now!

Thank´s for your attention!

-Andi

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:49:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:08:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I' thinking it's not a delay at all; the precedent was set last month, and we're looking at mid-month DLC from now until they change it again.

I'm concerned as well. 3 updates the first 2 months, 2 updates in December (makes sense with holiday), but only 1 in January and now potentially only 1 in February? Do they know how many issues still plague their game?
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:12:04 AM(UTC)
https://www.forzamotorsp...news/fm7_ford_x1x_raptor has a lot of things mentioned, including:

"Looking forward to the next four weeks, Forza Motorsport 7 players can expect for a great month of fun in February. First up, the next content update and car pack will launch in Forza Motorsport 7 on February 19th; look for more details as we get closer to launch. February will also see new events arriving in the game. In addition to a new Bounty Hunter event starring Turn 10 Studio Manager Alan Hartman, we’ll be launching a new event featuring a twist on the traditional Rivals format. All that, plus the arrival of new Driver Gear celebrating the Winter Olympics, the Lunar New Year, and more.

"Finally, Forza fans can look forward to the official announcement of our Forza Racing Championship plans this month. Look for details on schedule, format, and more in the coming weeks."
Pay It Forward

9 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:12:55 AM(UTC)
The game is dead for me.... I did the bounty hunter... To no avail (Congrat's John, beat me 0.8 difference) .

I've finished the career, many cars are locked, and the bugs are ignored. So for me, the expansion is likely not fr me, it better be impressive... If they want me
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:20:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post

-- snip --

My point is: There is a chance that we may actually get an expansion this or next month since the car packs before expansions sometimes were not released at a Tuesday as ususal. I do not want to say there WILL come one, but it would make sense: The first expansion in Motorsport 6 was released in March and let´s be honest: The game is pretty much dead right now!

Thank´s for your attention!

-Andi

Doubtful. I'm starting to doubt we're ever going to see an expansion pack, as T10 has said nothing of the sort. IIRC, in the FM6 days we knew about impending expansion a lot sooner to original release than this.

Originally Posted by: RMKip455 Go to Quoted Post
I've finished the career, many cars are locked, and the bugs are ignored. So for me, the expansion is likely not fr me, it better be impressive... If they want me

Again: what expansion?

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:21:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:52:11 AM(UTC)
Yeah, if they want me to stick around they need to make me personally happy as well.
 19 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:21:59 AM(UTC)
It surprises me how many people can't wait a week or so for a car pack. Have people really become so entitled that a small delay is life threatening?

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 12 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:00:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
It surprises me how many people can't wait a week or so for a car pack. Have people really become so entitled that a small delay is life threatening?

Its not so much the car pack, as it will most likely be more off road cars and ancient race cars that all feel the same. I'm more annoyed that I have to wait for an update to fix issues and add features that should've been in the game at launch. If I pay $100+ for a video game I feel im entitled to it being a finished game.
 12 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:30:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bayende Go to Quoted Post

Its not so much the car pack, as it will most likely be more off road cars and ancient race cars that all feel the same. I'm more annoyed that I have to wait for an update to fix issues and add features that should've been in the game at launch. If I pay $100+ for a video game I feel im entitled to it being a finished game.

Dude, we are not getting the 720S in Forza 7. Forget it. Unless something changes, that car remains exclusive to Project CARS 2.

And we're probably not getting the Chiron either, as no one has it.

So we are probably getting more of the "ancient race cars that all feel the same", which I find very enjoyable myself, thank you very much. I'll take a 917 over anything released in the last 10 years.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 7 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:16:09 PM(UTC)
I find it funny that people are saying the car packs are "delayed". I don't recall T10 every saying when they are coming out, outside of monthly, which they are. A pack could come out January 1st, and the next pack February 28th, and it would still be following the monthly car pack they promised. It doesn't have to be EXACTLY 30-31 days apart or EXACTLY the first Tuesday of the month.

Yes, I understand that's what they did for years, I've been playing since FM2, but that's just how it ended up. They never promised, or even stated that it will be the first Tuesday, it just happened that way, and it looks like it isn't anymore, so oh well. You'll get to drive your digital cars, that most of you are complaining about how little you'll like them, a week or 2 later than you assumed.

As to an expansion pack, it's hard to tell if and when we will see one. I'd imagine we will get one, as they were highly successful for sales (maybe not the NASCAR pack), but Blizzard Mountain, Porsche, and Hot Wheels, were very well received by most.

Also, since I haven't been keeping up too much with Xbox news lately (even though I'm in the Beta ring for the preview program lol), what's this massive Xbox Live update you're throwing around, Snowowl? What's so important with it? (Genuine question)

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:18:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:14:13 PM(UTC)
Ah yes the car pack.
I can wait as I can guess it will be more of the same.
Another Porsche....Yawn.
Another BMW...Snooze.
Another Nissan...Snore unless it's a '70 240Z.
Another off the wall car. Maybe a Messerschmitt because the BMW Isetta is so lonely.
Another off road truck or SUV which is fine with the Forza fans as long as it is NOT a Jeep.
And finally, some kind of hypercar monstrosity, or **** hum newer race car, or maybe a cool vintage race car. Truth be told, I would be thrilled to see the Porsche 917 or?
Yes, I can hold back my enthusiasm for a couple of weeks for whatever the fine folk's at Turn 10 decide to throw at us. However, if a '69 Road Runner is among the list of cars in the February pack, I will take back all the mean things I have posted. I promise.

4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:02:46 PM(UTC)
Hope is there that we'll finally get a modern Sports/Super/Hypercar in this pack.
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:14:44 PM(UTC)
Yeah this new dlc timetable has thrown me a little bit since for the last 3 or 4 games we have all been used to getting a DLC pack every first tuesday and now among other things associated with forza 7 it has changed smh ...that being said its not a game breaker just have to wait a littlllllle longerrrr. I do hope it is a decent pack like last month's. We will more then likely have another porsche and or a nissan/bmw which is good but hoping for a nice hyper car to drop in this next pack. Also here's to hoping they have an expansion in the pipeline to keep things going and add some life.

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:15:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:19:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaggedNutria330 Go to Quoted Post
Another off the wall car. Maybe a Messerschmitt because the BMW Isetta is so lonely.

That... would... be... AWESOME! Though I'd rather have a FWD or AWD tadpole.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:11:07 PM(UTC)
I'm hoping for a modern F1 car for Forza GP division. Maybe even the Ferrari!
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:30:19 PM(UTC)
Honestly at this point with how the car packs have been lacking, I would be perfectly ok with them having a car pack with one NEW modern sports car/racecar and then have the rest of the pack be useful cars from Forza 4.
SVT
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 7:51:15 AM(UTC)
Once a month DLC, sometimes with special stuff in between, like the Hyundai's, Ford F150 Raptor, etc....

Is the release date really throwing off some of the less patient players? If the date is set to be about the third week, and you get one every month the third week, its still a month between DLC...

Do any of you realize how petty and ridiculous you sound to the rest of us?

1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 9:11:31 AM(UTC)
So true,the car pack release date was never set in stone,when they come,they come,its all good!!

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 9:12:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SVT WOOKIE Go to Quoted Post
Honestly at this point with how the car packs have been lacking, I would be perfectly ok with them having a car pack with one NEW modern sports car/racecar and then have the rest of the pack be useful cars from Forza 4.
Lacking,surely you jeest!!

Edited by user Friday, February 2, 2018 9:26:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 11:07:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimson Gungnir Go to Quoted Post
I find it funny that people are saying the car packs are "delayed". I don't recall T10 every saying when they are coming out, outside of monthly, which they are. A pack could come out January 1st, and the next pack February 28th, and it would still be following the monthly car pack they promised. It doesn't have to be EXACTLY 30-31 days apart or EXACTLY the first Tuesday of the month.

Yes, I understand that's what they did for years, I've been playing since FM2, but that's just how it ended up. They never promised, or even stated that it will be the first Tuesday, it just happened that way, and it looks like it isn't anymore, so oh well. You'll get to drive your digital cars, that most of you are complaining about how little you'll like them, a week or 2 later than you assumed.

As to an expansion pack, it's hard to tell if and when we will see one. I'd imagine we will get one, as they were highly successful for sales (maybe not the NASCAR pack), but Blizzard Mountain, Porsche, and Hot Wheels, were very well received by most.

Also, since I haven't been keeping up too much with Xbox news lately (even though I'm in the Beta ring for the preview program lol), what's this massive Xbox Live update you're throwing around, Snowowl? What's so important with it? (Genuine question)

Because DLC's from past Forza games usually became available the first Tuesday of the month and they followed that pretty well until FM7. People like myself became used to it and became the norm.

Also what expansion? Are people thinking that Toyota will have their field day? That seems very unlikely. I can see a few tracks coming back like Fuji maybe but who knows.

Also the "big" update is for 4k games.
14 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error