3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:54:46 AM(UTC)
Same goes for me. Installed Forza, after it was done installing I was able to play it properly. Everything was fine until I came home from college and experienced the issue. Not once, but multiple times. The only fix for me was reinstalling Forza everytime I wanted to play which is kinda weird. In my situation not the download/install bothers me but the fact that EACH TIME I install it again, Forza has to sync and that takes @10minutes.
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 1:06:00 PM(UTC)
First of all i want to say hello to everyone.I had same issues like you but i think i found the solution.
Click microsoft store from the bar go to your account , click sign out after you go again to sign in but this type don't use "this account" go to "use a different account" "microsoft account" click continue type your microsoft account next , type the password sign in and try to run the game
WORKS FOR ME
PS:playing on pc btw
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 1:50:28 PM(UTC)
I was having this problem when I installed this game for the first time today. I bought it through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. Disabling my antivirus (Trend Micro Antivirus+) solved the issue. Enabling antivirus caused the game to close during launch again. I added Exceptions in my antivirus for the folders "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem" on my M: drive (where I installed the Windows Store game to) and now it's working properly. Hope this helps someone.
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 3:53:19 AM(UTC)
Hey guys!

So I had just had this issue today and it was really confusing. The way I fixed this issue was by going into the [Windows Store] and logging out of my profile. After logging back in, the game started working normally. I am unsure whether this is a permanent fix, but I am sure it works to fix my type of problem.
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:36:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
So sorry to hear you guys are having this issue! We are aware of it and are working with other teams to get it fixed. I know its frustrating when you cannot play your games and when things so not work properly. I will be posting an updated, sticky thread when I have more information.

Thank you

Any news?
#31 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 2:40:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
So sorry to hear you guys are having this issue! We are aware of it and are working with other teams to get it fixed. I know its frustrating when you cannot play your games and when things so not work properly. I will be posting an updated, sticky thread when I have more information.

Thank you

Two months and nothing new huh? Game has only been broken since October and you have done nothing to fix it.

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 4:34:47 PM(UTC)
This can happen with any Windows Store app, not just Forza. the Windows Store is bad with games among other things, it just is. That being said Turn 10 has had plenty of time to research this and provide some kind of official answers and fixes other than install another app. That's what bothers me even though the problem is more from Windows Store and the way it works than with the game itself most likely.
https://answers.microsof...b-47d9-9f0f-2ae845ff3447

Edited by user Monday, April 30, 2018 4:49:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2018 6:49:10 PM(UTC)
Im thinking Turn 10 and Microsoft just don't care.

I spent over 2 hours with a Microsoft representative over the phone, and taking remote control of my PC only for him to go "The Problem isnt with the OS, its with the game itself and I should contact the Xbox team"

Well, duh.

Who owns the company that made the game?

Microsoft.
The guy wasnt even aware of the issue, when I was on remotely I had hover my mouse over the 500+ reviews on the bottom of the store page saying they are having the same problem, including as recently as 5/1/2018.

So, oddly. Later that same day, it launched! I played it for several hours. I closed it and relaunched it.
But it often crashed.
Come back several hours later, it won't launch and it still wont launch, with no explanation or error code or anything.

Ive:
Reinstalled Windows 5 times now.
Ive done wsreset.exe over 15 times.
Ive downloaded free apps....so now my Store account shows 15 new apps I don't want, and cannot remove from my library.
Ive tried various powershell things, app manifest, reset the app, uninstalled and reinstalled over 15 times.

Ive tried every "fix" mentioned on this forum, various Microsoft and Windows forums at a minimum 15 times.
Ive spent probably 50 hours troubleshooting a game I have played only 2 hours of.

This is absolutely ridiculous, they clearly have no idea what's wrong and seemingly no interest in fixing.
They should be offering free refunds. THAT should be a sticky on this forum because they clearly are NOT working on any fix.

Its been doing this since the game came out.
#34 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2018 9:44:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FanDam2020 Go to Quoted Post
Im thinking Turn 10 and Microsoft just don't care.

I spent over 2 hours with a Microsoft representative over the phone, and taking remote control of my PC only for him to go "The Problem isnt with the OS, its with the game itself and I should contact the Xbox team"

Well, duh.

Who owns the company that made the game?

Microsoft.
The guy wasnt even aware of the issue, when I was on remotely I had hover my mouse over the 500+ reviews on the bottom of the store page saying they are having the same problem, including as recently as 5/1/2018.

So, oddly. Later that same day, it launched! I played it for several hours. I closed it and relaunched it.
But it often crashed.
Come back several hours later, it won't launch and it still wont launch, with no explanation or error code or anything.

Ive:
Reinstalled Windows 5 times now.
Ive done wsreset.exe over 15 times.
Ive downloaded free apps....so now my Store account shows 15 new apps I don't want, and cannot remove from my library.
Ive tried various powershell things, app manifest, reset the app, uninstalled and reinstalled over 15 times.

Ive tried every "fix" mentioned on this forum, various Microsoft and Windows forums at a minimum 15 times.
Ive spent probably 50 hours troubleshooting a game I have played only 2 hours of.

This is absolutely ridiculous, they clearly have no idea what's wrong and seemingly no interest in fixing.
They should be offering free refunds. THAT should be a sticky on this forum because they clearly are NOT working on any fix.

Its been doing this since the game came out.

+1
Nothing else to add frankly.
Same for me tried many things and only allowing myself acces to windowsapp folder (<-edit) fixed the game in old windows version. After newest creator update game doesn't work period, nothing helps.

For me it just means one thing, no games from Turn 10 and no games on Windows store. period. As you said theres hundreds of people with this issue, MS store is full of opinions and this forum is no better.
Heck when I bought the game and tried to write on this forum my post didn't even show up because moderators censor new accounts, so they just didn't let me post an opinion. Wonder how many new players cant even write anything here because they have fresh account and mods just sweep it under the rug.
That sticky post also doesn't help at all, did send an email some time aggo to MS they didnt even reply.
Waste of money period.

Edited by user Saturday, May 5, 2018 9:46:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 5:26:38 AM(UTC)
why is this labelled as fixed? It clearly isn't, I haven't been able to play horizon 3 in over 6 months, tried every solution possible and recently updated windows...it's ridiculous.
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 11:59:12 AM(UTC)
Im curious if some of you guys can try this:

Disable the Superfetch service in services.msc
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:34:42 AM(UTC)
Any updates? I haven't been able to play the game in months.
#38 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 12:56:26 AM(UTC)
Hello Everyone,
I managed to find a "fix" to this problem a while ago, it worked for me, and it's nothing at all like any of the other suggestions.
What I did was spam the ever-living **** out of the play button and after about 5 minutes of doing that it started working permanantly.
Don't know if that will help anyone, but it worked for me
#39 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:38:03 AM(UTC)
Today, I too have become a victim of this issue. It'd be nice to have an official patch. It's sad that this game is still sold at a very premium price (DLC etc), yet seems to get no attention to its faults. I'm sure the team are busy with FH4, but that doesn't mean that the player-base of FH3 should suffer, and I word it that way, as it seems this has been a long term issue without a resolution. P.S. Turn10 for the love of god, please add the Aston Martin DBS.
#40 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:07:32 PM(UTC)
i can play forza horizon 3 but only off line!
#41 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 7:26:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SleepySlope Go to Quoted Post
I was having this problem when I installed this game for the first time today. I bought it through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. Disabling my antivirus (Trend Micro Antivirus+) solved the issue. Enabling antivirus caused the game to close during launch again. I added Exceptions in my antivirus for the folders "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem" on my M: drive (where I installed the Windows Store game to) and now it's working properly. Hope this helps someone.

Wow!!! Thx, man!! This was also the solution for me!!! I tried all the possible tricks I found in internet and nothing helped... Since October the game kept crashing at start... After Windows April update worked again, but this week failed again... After trying all tricks nothing helped, till I saw your comment :-) Disabling Trend Micro Antivirus didn't help me, but adding "WindowsApps" in the exception list in Trend Micro!! ("WpSystem" was not necessary in my case)

Now the game starts again... I tried to remove the folder from the exception list for confirming the solution, and the game didn't start again. After adding "WindowsApps" again to the excepton list, the game started ok again.

So, thank you very much!! This was the solutionm for me!! :-)

PS: This week I received a Trend Micro Update, maybe this caused the failing start in the game... Who knows, now it's ok with the "Exception List" trick :-)
#42 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 8:45:12 AM(UTC)
if your on Xbox one you can always turn your console off and turn it back on again and it basically restarts your system.
#43 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 12:05:16 PM(UTC)
Ok,, for everybody out there who is having this issue, it seems to be with the Microsoft store. I just tried @Herr0Vorragend's solution to download a game. I myself had previously tried to download a game then launch fh3 while it was downloading and it did not work. This time I thought I would at least run the game I downloaded before I launched fh3 like Herr0Vorragend said. There was a pop up that wondered if it could access my ms account info and I said yes. After I clicked yes the game closed. I then tried to relaunch the game and it made it about halfway before it crashed to the desktop, just like fh3. This makes me believe that it is a Microsoft store based issue and not a turn 10 issue. That's probably why some people had a workaround by downloading a random app from the Microsoft store in the first place. This still doesn't make any sense, but at least we have a better idea of what is going on and probably isn't due to the game itself, rather the ms store. If anyone is wondering what game I tried it was Hill Climb Racing 2.
#44 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 7:22:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H1BAN Go to Quoted Post
Ok so after a while without playing, yesterday i decided to play a bit of FH3. But it was closing itself on startup. Splash screen was shown for a second, then closed. Every time.

So yesterday i tried the "reset game" fix, but didnt work. So i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Good, now it worked!

Today i started my PC and tried. It still worked! So i played a bit and closed the game afterwards.

So after some hours of browsing and doing real life stuff, i return to my PC, launch the game and... uh oh! Now the same problem appeared again! Start game, splash screen shown for a second, then closed. Every damn time.
5 hours earlier it worked, and now it doesn't, and my PC has not been rebooted or anything.

And this is not the first time this exact issue happens.

Is anyone ever going to fix this? I'm definitely NOT going to redownload 55 GB each time i want to play. This is like a bad joke.

Hello I have the same Problem too.
I have tried Youtube Videos, Commands and other solutions and nothing worked.

However... I found something out. If you want that game to work properly you will have to buy Gaming Computer, because you probably have a PC without a Video Card and you'll need one to get the Game to Work.

I hope This Solution works for you. : D
#45 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 2:01:14 PM(UTC)
I did a clean Windows 10 installation and the game is working now.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:17:40 PM(UTC)
Would Really like an update by now. like wth, your new horizon is coming out while the previous one is still broke as sh*t
#47 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:45:47 AM(UTC)
Nitro says you should email them: post
#48 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 9:52:50 AM(UTC)
I am having the same problem. I have tried everything from above. Pc specs i7 7700 16gb ram ddr4 gtx 1070ti. Not happy right now I have played fh3 since release on my xbox. Built a comp and now this. I downloaded this yesterday and have yet to play.
#49 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 12:31:44 PM(UTC)
I've been having this issue for maybe over a year. I just got it working yesterday by completely reinstalling windows.
#50 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 2:52:19 PM(UTC)
I have a fresh install it's all brand new
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error