This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:21:24 PM(UTC)
I've been trying to build up the best cars for each class to race against my friends and i was wondering what you people have had as your best track times and cars for A and S class? I'm more a chevy fan so my A class is a suped up 1990 Camaro and so far that's the best car that i've had for track times. I even tried the BMW hybrid i8 in A class and that still hasn't beaten my camaro. Also my best S car is between a couple Corvettes of mine. Any ones that you guys have for A and S class that are you're fastest? What did you do to them such as more into brakes and tires or more into engine power?
User is suspended until 11/22/2291 10:41:31 AM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:04:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HERKFOOT21 Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying to build up the best cars for each class to race against my friends and i was wondering what you people have had as your best track times and cars for A and S class? I'm more a chevy fan so my A class is a suped up 1990 Camaro and so far that's the best car that i've had for track times. I even tried the BMW hybrid i8 in A class and that still hasn't beaten my camaro. Also my best S car is between a couple Corvettes of mine. Any ones that you guys have for A and S class that are you're fastest? What did you do to them such as more into brakes and tires or more into engine power?

I'd say for S class the most commonly used cars I see are either any variant of the Dodge Viper, or the Aston Martin GT. If you haven't already noticed, then it won't be long before you start to see that for whatever reason, some cars will not be competitive no matter what you do to them. To me, this is my biggest gripe with the game because if you have a lobby full of cars all rated at S800, then you shouldn't have two people with similar skills be 5 seconds apart...that's ridiculous.

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 11:55:10 PM(UTC)
I've never tried to go for speed, winning races and such, I'm just trying to have fun and drive clean and fair.

At the moment my "top" A-class car is a BMW M2 with my own tune. For some tracks I'll use a Ferrari 250 GTO, also with my own tune on it.

For S-class I mostly use the 2016 Porsche GT3 RS, or when I feel lucky I'll pick the Shelby Daytona.

As far as I know the new Lotus GT1 is killing most of the S-lobbies I'm in, but as I said, I'm just in it for the drive.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 3:09:50 AM(UTC)
Here's what I have found most success with in A and S-Class Hoppers:

A-Class:
  • 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R

S-Class:
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 1997 Lotus Elise GT1

I tend to prefer cars with as high a handling stat as possible. That's around 6.2 in A-Class and 6.9 in S-Class.

A quick tip: The cars that were topping Rivals Leaderboards in Forza Motorsport 6 are a good starting point for finding fast cars in Forza Motorsport 7.

Edited by user Friday, January 26, 2018 3:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 5:35:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

A-Class:
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R

S-Class:
  • 1997 Lotus Elise GT1

I tend to prefer cars with as high a handling stat as possible. That's around 6.2 in A-Class and 6.9 in S-Class.

A quick tip: The cars that were topping Rivals Leaderboards in Forza Motorsport 6 are a good starting point for finding fast cars in Forza Motorsport 7.

These are definitely the OP... leaderboard... best cars time wise from my experience as well. The fun part is taking a car that most people don't use, tuning it to your liking, and beating the OP cars. :D

#6 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:39:59 AM(UTC)
Depends entirely on the track and car and tune. Best thing to do is try to build some mid range F50 in S class or something and see what others are using and winning with.
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:42:53 AM(UTC)
The McLaren F1 is incredible for S class. Throw on the restrictor plates, max out everything else apart from street drive line, full aero, heaviest rims, max rim size on the rear and second highest on the front. It's an absolute beast.
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:50:46 AM(UTC)
33 Stradale in A class feels like cheating. I only use it in particularly rough lobbies when I want to guarantee distance from griefers. Most of the time I prefer to experiment with and develop mid pack and potato cars to see what I can get out of them. It's a nice feeling to stumble into something that can crush lobbies that isn't very popular.
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:52:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
The McLaren F1 is incredible for S class. Throw on the restrictor plates, max out everything else apart from street drive line, full aero, heaviest rims, max rim size on the rear and second highest on the front. It's an absolute beast.

This is also amazing in R class. Definetely one of my favorites to drive. The handling is very well balanced.
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:45:32 PM(UTC)
i've got a Ford GT 40 (oldschool). tuned for S class, fast af. give her a shot
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:56:16 PM(UTC)
Best S Class cars IMO:
- Elise GT1
- Mclaren F1 GT
- 05 Ford GT
- 09 Corvette ZR1
- 16 Corvette z06
- F430
- 360 Challenge Stradale
- 04,12, and 16 GT3 RS
- 08 and 16 ACR
- OG Ford GT
- Alfa 33 (noob car)
- 599 GTO
- 458 Speciale

if you're a real madman (works nicely in A or S):
- 1993 Turbo S Leichtbau (best as a straight line speed car IMO. It scoots)
- 1995 GT2 RS (good luck tuning out the typical overdone forza rear engine physics)
- 02 Camaro/Trans AM
- M1
- 92 or 05 NSX
#12 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 9:30:55 PM(UTC)
^I actually love the rear engine dyamics in this game, but it seems like I’m alone.
#13 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 8:07:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChimeraWagon Go to Quoted Post
^I actually love the rear engine dynamics in this game, but it seems like I’m alone.

The biggest issue I've got with the latest Porsche physics in both FM6 and FM7 is how the front end does an insane amount of lifting off a corner....at least in S class. I can stiffen up the rear shocks to help it....but about the only Porsches I could stand to drive were in FM4.

As far as S class machines, I prefer the '15 Z06 Vette and '09 ZR1 Vette. I built two tunes of the '15 and 4 tunes for the '09. I built a couple of '02 Vette tunes that run well too. If I'm looking for straight up braking and grip I reach for the KTM X Bow....the BAC Mono is not bad either, but seems to always like to push no matter what I do with it. I've also built a couple of decent '08 Viper tunes I use occasionally(finally was able to make it turn without pushing on the exit).
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:13:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xX6skymonkey6Xx Go to Quoted Post
Best S Class cars IMO:
- Elise GT1
- Mclaren F1 GT
- 05 Ford GT
- 09 Corvette ZR1
- 16 Corvette z06
- F430
- 360 Challenge Stradale
- 04,12, and 16 GT3 RS
- 08 and 16 ACR
- OG Ford GT
- Alfa 33 (noob car)
- 599 GTO
- 458 Speciale

if you're a real madman (works nicely in A or S):
- 1993 Turbo S Leichtbau (best as a straight line speed car IMO. It scoots)
- 1995 GT2 RS (good luck tuning out the typical overdone forza rear engine physics)
- 02 Camaro/Trans AM
- M1
- 92 or 05 NSX

I like this list very much, pretty much spot on with one exception, the 2016 GT3 RS is the least competitive of all the 911s.

Replace that with:
2013 SRT Dodge Viper (absolute beast).
Saleen S7
Nobel M600

The 1993 911 Turbo S Leichtbau is my favourite car in the game, an absolute joy to drive.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:28:28 AM(UTC)
Currently loving Porsche GT4 in A class with my own tune. Underpowered compared to others in the top of A class but you can out brake and stick into turns at higher speeds.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:39:09 PM(UTC)
Anything with a Lotus badge....

.... except that god damn 3eleven. I can't get any times out of that thing.
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:19:46 AM(UTC)
Since I most often race in public lobbies, where usually about 3 out of 24 drivers can (or want to) drive properly, I usually go A-class or B-class - I very rarely go up to S-class simply because it turns into a demolition derby even more often than lower classes with slower, more easily controllable cars.

For A-class I have 6 cars.
Short / technical tracks (braking + grip):
-BMW M3 E36
-BMW M3 E46 (bit slower than my E36 in corners, faster in straights)
-Nissan 240SX (grips mad af, I have to work hard to make it slide, like it's on rails - quite slow in straights though, so I use it for the shortest tracks)
-Ford Mustang Boss '69 (handles really well, not just for a muscle car, with a proper tune setup and insane weight reduction)

Tracks with long straights (speed in a straight line):
-Chevy El Camino (yep, that's right, it actually handles quite well and accelerates mad)
-Ferrari F355 (this is the one I use the least, mostly on Daytona/Indy, nice top speed)

For all these cars I have my own tunes. Sometimes I use others, too, and I very often experiment with new cars.

I would say you should try rear-engined cars before considering them, they made them drive quite weird in Forza, you'll have to know how to tune and drive them.

I think the fun factor of online racing in Forza is the variety of players, cars and driving styles, so you shouldn't stick to one or two cars per class and just use them all the time - it may get boring.
One thing is for sure: you have to learn how to tune to get the most out of this game. It is not that difficult: in the tune setup menu when you click your right stick on the controller on every tune option, there is a good explanation of what it does to the car. You'll have tons of fun creating tunes yourself and seeing yourself being successful against others with them. I am no pro tuner, but I did learn how to tune most configurations (except AWD), and my tunes get me podium finishes most of the times.

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:29:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:30:03 AM(UTC)
Jaguar's 1990's model supercar is a really good car. Also since your a Chevy guy the 2018 Camaro is good. My personal favorite is the GT350R... If you can find one. Every time I see one on the auction house I buy it lol
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 4:05:44 AM(UTC)
To all of you who still search for the best A and S Class cars: I uploaded two videos about this topic which will definitely help you. :)

Best A-Class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2yG1KPJcQQ
Best S-Class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmR17-fkClY
My Twitch-Channel "TheGamingLibertines"
Twitter: @GamingLibertine
#20 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 7:15:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: aTTaX Johnson Go to Quoted Post
To all of you who still search for the best A and S Class cars: I uploaded two videos about this topic which will definitely help you. :)

The videos and excel spreadsheets look interesting. I'll definitely try out some of the suggestions in due course.

#21 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 10:23:31 AM(UTC)

I think the best car is the one you can tune and drive the best. Everyone's driving style is different so I don't think there is a best car
#22 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 12:56:54 PM(UTC)

do u have the tune for the camaro shared
Senger
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:58:52 PM(UTC)

A-Class:
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R

S-Class:
  • 1997 Lotus Elise GT1

I vaguely recall catching a race or two against you while you were running the GT-R at about the same time that I was experimenting with that same car. Yours is definitely quick.

A car to consider that is a solid competitor in both classes is the Mustang GT350R. Very good all-round competitor that's nice to drive.

IMO the #1 S-class car at the moment is, hands down, the Lotus Elise GT1. I see so many random people crushing lobbies in these that I'm just tired of seeing them.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:16:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: aTTaX Johnson Go to Quoted Post

I've also done a "Best B-Class Car" video now with 5 awesome cars if you're interested. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2oR2E6-ueU
My Twitch-Channel "TheGamingLibertines"
Twitter: @GamingLibertine
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:35:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SgtFancypants98 Go to Quoted Post

A-Class:
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R

S-Class:
  • 1997 Lotus Elise GT1

I vaguely recall catching a race or two against you while you were running the GT-R at about the same time that I was experimenting with that same car. Yours is definitely quick.

A car to consider that is a solid competitor in both classes is the Mustang GT350R. Very good all-round competitor that's nice to drive.

IMO the #1 S-class car at the moment is, hands down, the Lotus Elise GT1. I see so many random people crushing lobbies in these that I'm just tired of seeing them.

I loved that GT-R, G Shedden made a killer tune for it and it just tore up the Hoppers. AWD helps in running away from the Turn 1 drama as well ;)

I'd agree that the Lotus is the dominant car however; that thing has an immense amount of grip even on Street Tyres.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error