This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:48:52 AM(UTC)
I'm still having this issue with the 2017 Vizio M65. It is far too dark and washed out after the 4K patch on the Xbox One S. HDR works great in all other applications and games.
#52 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 10:34:14 PM(UTC)
EDIT2: See below post.

Edited by user Saturday, July 21, 2018 3:40:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:52:47 AM(UTC)
Hello.

XBOX ONE X
Forza Horizon 3

Playing on a NEW Samsung QLED Q9FN 65

with HDR the game looks very dark and the white is gray. When i turn HDR off in the Xbox settings the game looks much better and brighter. The TV is set correctly. Please help...

is there a fix. must i play without hdr?!? really! :(

Sorry for my bad englisch.

Edited by user Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:58:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 3:32:33 PM(UTC)
You may have noticed that I've edited my previous post. That's because I've found a fix/workaround/solution for the dim HDR, at least for my Sony X800D. It may not work for anyone else, though.

Basically, I found that the in-game brightness setting (the one with the numbers) is not accurate in HDR mode. If you set it so that the 1 appears barely visible, then it's indeed going to look very dim. So in order to find the proper brightness setting, you have to switch it to SDR mode and set it there, instead. The game will save it from there.

The "1" will appear visible in HDR, though, but everything will look more vibrant and colorful and the dark areas will still retain details. The garage when you boot the game might throw you off, but I think that's intentional (that, or they didn't grade it properly. Same with the static skybox when you first start a new game).

Again, though, this is on my X800D where I've set it to 35 in-game.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:45:07 AM(UTC)
I just changed my TV to a Sony XE93 (previously I have a Samsung KS8000) When i boot the game up its all washed out. If i press the menu button i see the xbox menu with a strange sort of green tinge. I go into the settings and change it to say for example 1080p, go back into the game and its all vibrant. So not sure if anyone with the Sony TVs are still having the issue?
#56 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 3:28:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: boofg Go to Quoted Post
I just changed my TV to a Sony XE93 (previously I have a Samsung KS8000) When i boot the game up its all washed out. If i press the menu button i see the xbox menu with a strange sort of green tinge. I go into the settings and change it to say for example 1080p, go back into the game and its all vibrant. So not sure if anyone with the Sony TVs are still having the issue?

Weird, I have had xe9305 euro model for six months now and HDR works just fine with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, plenty of brightness and saturation.. so no washed out or dimmed picture here.
Only minor nag is Forza (7 & H3) series HDR adjustment... TV tries to adjust (even with TV's dynamic settings "off") to that HDR test image range and adjusting proper max brightness value is not straight forward.
#57 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 7:34:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jogimus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: boofg Go to Quoted Post

Weird, I have had xe9305 euro model for six months now and HDR works just fine with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, plenty of brightness and saturation.. so no washed out or dimmed picture here.
Only minor nag is Forza (7 & H3) series HDR adjustment... TV tries to adjust (even with TV's dynamic settings "off") to that HDR test image range and adjusting proper max brightness value is not straight forward.

Yea its very strange, would you mind sharing your settings from your X930?
Iv tried every setting. If i take off the HDR setting in the xbox then everything looks bright and sharp.
My firmware on my tv is the latest one which is v6.5603

Edited by user Friday, July 27, 2018 7:36:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 3:44:34 PM(UTC)
So it looka like I have resoved the issue. I thought il try and swap hdmi ports on my TV from 2 to 3. 3 being the ARC one. Even though hdmi port 2 is enhanced not sure why i was getting the washed out colours. All of my ticks showed as being green in the xbox video settings. So I am not sure if it has to do with the lasest firmware update on my sony TV which caused it or the xbox? But everything now seems to look vibrant
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error