This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:49:48 AM(UTC)
On LG SJ930V in Game mode game still dark in HDR. I didn't find any difference with new patch. In Standart mode it's bright and beatufull, but with big imput lag.

Edited by user Friday, February 9, 2018 1:11:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Correct TV model

Rank: Driver's Permit
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:59:49 AM(UTC)
Same for me on my KS8000 seems dim to me at a number of times
Rank: Driver's Permit
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:51:28 PM(UTC)
Still too dark Sony X900E
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 4:16:26 PM(UTC)
Samsung KS8000/Xbox One X here.

Prior to the patch, the world was definitely dim, however if you changed to the in-car view, you would see it was how it was supposed to look.
Now with the patch, the other views match what was showing in the in-car view.
I believe it's been fixed but I don't want to confirm 100% yet, I did a quick check only.

The world could be dim simply because it's close to night time or a storm is coming or just not as sunny.

Enter and exit your hub a few times so the time of day changes to see if you notice any differences.
On my TV, I did notice differences now, whereas before, everything was dim.

I would advise users to travel to Blizzard Mountain and test as well, at least there is plenty of snow for HDR to show off.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:06:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mogwai Fire Go to Quoted Post
I've gotten the update installed, but the HDR image is still super dark.

Is anyone else still having issues?

I'm on a Sony X800D. All other HDR content looks fine on my TV.


Originally Posted by: F4ze0ne Go to Quoted Post
Game still appears very dark with HDR on. Sony X930E.


Originally Posted by: Riscon Go to Quoted Post
Still too dark Sony X900E


I have an X900E with the same issue, and I imagine the problem is the same on all the Sony X series TVs.

However, I've found a workaround. What "fixes" it for me is to go to the TV Home -> Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI Signal Format and then toggle the Enhanced Format off and then back on. For whatever reason, the game doesn't seem to recognize the Enhanced Format by default.

It's annoying, and you have to do it every single time you fire the game up, but it does fix the problem for me. Hope this helps.

Edited by user Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:07:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#31 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 12:52:30 PM(UTC)
I think the bug is not in Forza. On my TV in Game HDR mode everything becaming dark. Because even when I press Xbox button while playing any HDR game left menu is also dark. But not sure is it TV problem or Xbox problem. Maybe devs must research why Xbox UI becaming dark on One X when HDR is activated. Tested FIFA 18 with HDR and it also dark. Left menu also dark, but when I switch to Home screen, then HDR is disabled and UI is bright again.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:46:44 PM(UTC)
I don't have this issue with HDR in AC Origins or GOW4.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:33:17 PM(UTC)
This issue is definitely not fixed no difference whatsoever on my lg hdr tv way too dark strange because the hdr works perfectly on forza 7
Rank: Driver's Permit
#34 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 2:24:30 AM(UTC)
the issue isnt fixed for me either whereas gears destiny and ac look great on my one x. i just turn hdr off now for horizon
Rank: Driver's Permit
#35 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:03:17 AM(UTC)
Same problem here. I have an LG 55EF950V, perfectly calibrated, and I never had any issues with any HDR games on Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, or even on Youtube or Netflix.
It always looks stunning.
There are only two exceptions : 4K Ultra HD Blu-Rays on X-Box One X (color washed out, blacks are grey, less details than a simple Blu-Ray) and Forza Horizon 3.

Before and after the patch, Forza Horizon 3 looks the same : the picture is incredibly dark, like polarized or something (the light looks like there's a very big and dark cloudy storm coming !) and there's no way I can calibrate it, with the video options of the game or the ones from the TV.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#36 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 10:15:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Notnert427 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mogwai Fire Go to Quoted Post
I've gotten the update installed, but the HDR image is still super dark.

Is anyone else still having issues?

I'm on a Sony X800D. All other HDR content looks fine on my TV.


Originally Posted by: F4ze0ne Go to Quoted Post
Game still appears very dark with HDR on. Sony X930E.


Originally Posted by: Riscon Go to Quoted Post
Still too dark Sony X900E


I have an X900E with the same issue, and I imagine the problem is the same on all the Sony X series TVs.

However, I've found a workaround. What "fixes" it for me is to go to the TV Home -> Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI Signal Format and then toggle the Enhanced Format off and then back on. For whatever reason, the game doesn't seem to recognize the Enhanced Format by default.

It's annoying, and you have to do it every single time you fire the game up, but it does fix the problem for me. Hope this helps.


I will have to give this a try tonight. Obviously not the same TV as you, but being a recent Sony with HDR makes me think it might work.

Do you have to restart the game after you toggle Enhanced Format on and off?
Rank: Driver's Permit
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:17:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Notnert427 Go to Quoted Post

I have an X900E with the same issue, and I imagine the problem is the same on all the Sony X series TVs.

However, I've found a workaround. What "fixes" it for me is to go to the TV Home -> Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI Signal Format and then toggle the Enhanced Format off and then back on. For whatever reason, the game doesn't seem to recognize the Enhanced Format by default.

It's annoying, and you have to do it every single time you fire the game up, but it does fix the problem for me. Hope this helps.


I tried a similar idea with my LG 55EF950V but it doesn't work. The TV needs to restard when you toggle HDR on/off. And when it does, the XBox One X stop sending the HDR signal. So when you get back on the X-Box Channel, you have the game without HDR. I tried to go back to the Xbox main menu and back again to forza : it sends again the HDR signal... and the screen is obviously back to that "too dark" problem.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:17:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the fix for this issue is now live! Make sure your game is updated to version 1.0.117

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter


So is there a new fix coming ?
Rank: Racing Permit
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:25:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nono6400 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the fix for this issue is now live! Make sure your game is updated to version 1.0.117

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter


So is there a new fix coming ?


I hope so. FH3 is the only game I'm having HDR problems with. Way too dark.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:01:49 AM(UTC)
Any word on an additional fix?

HDR still appears to be broken for myself and many others.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
Hi there,

We are many to still experience issues with HDR on Forza Horizon 3 running on Xbox One X, the graphics being very very dark.
A fix has been released February 6th : it resolved the problem for some people, it didn't for many of us.
I, for exemple, am running the game on an LG 55EF950V and it's the only one I have issues with. And I'm a big gamer, owning both X & Pro :-)

If I turn off the HDR on the console or the TV, graphics get their vivid color back (but without HDR obviously).

Is there a new fix in the pipe ?

Thanks
Rank: Driver's Permit
#42 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:21:56 AM(UTC)
After the last update, HDR still looks really gloomy on Xbox One S / Samsung UE50JU6400. Hope a patch is in the works
Rank: Driver's Permit
#43 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:49:13 AM(UTC)
Holy s***, I found what the remaining problem is. It's pretty tricky. And it's coming from the TV.

Turns out some "old" (2-3-4 years) 4K HDR tvs have some settings that are not automaticly turned on when you watch a HDR program. You won't notice it on most of the programs but you will see it with Forza Horizon 3 or Shadow of the Colossus : it took me one second to notice it in FH3 - as many of us here - but it took me 2 hours in SOTC.

There are two settings :
- First of all, the gamma. I'm not quite sure yet, but I think it's 2.4 for HDR and 2.2 for SDR. Most of the TVs switch automaticly. Mine does not. I have to do some more test but I know it's linked. Anyway it has little impact on the problem but it's good to know to get a perfect picture.
- Second setting and it's the one that will settle the problem : DYNAMIC CONTRAST. When you watch an HDR program, Dynamic Contrast should be set on "High". But if you're like me, you've desactivated it like many other options, thinking it would rise the input lag of your screen (it doesn't). Once you've set in on high, launch the game, go in the video setting menu of the game and now you can properly settle the brightness level and the HDR level. You will immediatly see the difference. And it will look gorgeous. You will have maybe to adjust a little the brightness of your TV (I had to turn it down of 4%) to get a perfect picture. It will depend of your TV but don't hesitate to recalibrate it.

Once again : this setting is automatic with most of the TVs. But not mine which is an OLED 4K HDR LG 55EF950V from 2015.

By the way, I wrote that I had issues too with Ultra HD Blu-Rays on my X-Box One X. It settled this problem too, obviously.

The tricky thing with this HDR story is that I've played 4-5 HDR games and watched 5-6 HDR movies, and even with my trained eyes, the problem stroke me on only two games (FH3 and SOTC) and one movie (King Arthur) (yep, Blade Runner was stunning even without this setting turned on).

Hope it solves the problem for everyone as it did with me !!

(message to the moderator : you can forget the topic I opened a few days ago and that is still awaiting your moderation)

Edited by user Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:05:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#44 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:44:09 PM(UTC)
Is there a new/additional patch coming out for the HDR issue? Even after the last few patches this month, I still experience problems with the HDR being too washed out or too dark in certain situations. I'm on a Sony X900E.... And from what I'm seeing, the people that are still affected by this seem to primarily be people with Sony TVs.

Any updates on this?
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:51:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shojikoto Go to Quoted Post
Is there a new/additional patch coming out for the HDR issue? Even after the last few patches this month, I still experience problems with the HDR being too washed out or too dark in certain situations. I'm on a Sony X900E.... And from what I'm seeing, the people that are still affected by this seem to primarily be people with Sony TVs.

Any updates on this?


I'm having this issue on a LG UJ6200 TV. It's not the TV because all my other Xbox one enhanced HDR capable games do not have this problem.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:51:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:57:46 AM(UTC)
The game isn’t fixed with version 1.0.117.0

The most obvious example is playing the blizzard mountain expansion, the snow looks terrible. The issue is even more evident when you cycle through the view points and when you get to the cockpit view, the snow changes vibrancy. Something is clearly off, especially with white.

This is really annoying as this game is probably one of the best games to have been released in a few years, unbelievably good. I just can’t play it until this is fixed.

I’m playing on a Samsung mu7000 btw incase this matters. Although the fact that a different view point changes the vibrancy and all other games are fine, I don’t think it does.

Please fix this so I can complete the rest of the game and enjoy it the way it should be played.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#47 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:33:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raffaell1986 Go to Quoted Post

Please fix this so I can complete the rest of the game and enjoy it the way it should be played.


As I wrote before, go to your TV picture settings and put "Dynamic Contrast" to "High".
This is the name of this setting on LG screens : it might be named a little differently on your Samsung.

It should fix the problem.
It did for me.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:42:19 PM(UTC)
Thats not a fix. dynamic contrast increases the peak brigthness but also causes over saturation.
The problem imo is that the game is not optimised for TV's that 'support' HDR but have a low peak brightness.
PUBG also struggles with this. Games like AC origins are a lot better with this
Rank: Driver's Permit
#49 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 4:29:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the fix for this issue is now live! Make sure your game is updated to version 1.0.117

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter


The HDR is still off. Please please please bring HDR back to how it was before this whole mess. It has been months since being able to really enjoy this game since the update broke it. The newest update still doesn't fix it completely even though you say it does.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:19:38 AM(UTC)
HDR still broken, or broken again.

Just started playing once more since getting an LG OLED, had to turn HDR off just to play it. Everything else seems to work ok, just FH3
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error