33 Pages<<313233Prev
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#801 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 5:10:35 AM(UTC)
Ok I was completely unaware that this even was on and subsequently I have missed out on the escort RS1800 which is arguably my favourite car in the game.

So now the event is over is there absolutely no way I can get the escort? (In the future is there anyway I can view something to see when there are cars up for grabs?)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#802 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:03:20 AM(UTC)
Lol 😂
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#803 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:06:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Im a Moonbaby Go to Quoted Post
Ok I was completely unaware that this even was on and subsequently I have missed out on the escort RS1800 which is arguably my favourite car in the game.

So now the event is over is there absolutely no way I can get the escort? (In the future is there anyway I can view something to see when there are cars up for grabs?)


You can get it currently by participating in the Community Events, Livery and Photo contests. Other than that it may show up again in the Specialty Dealer (sic) or Forzathon in the future.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#804 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:06:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Im a Moonbaby Go to Quoted Post
Ok I was completely unaware that this even was on and subsequently I have missed out on the escort RS1800 which is arguably my favourite car in the game.

So now the event is over is there absolutely no way I can get the escort? (In the future is there anyway I can view something to see when there are cars up for grabs?)


Best way to keep up to date is check this forum. As for that car, there's a photo contest that allows you to choose a locked car of your choice should you win. Look a page back for link or browse recent threads.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#805 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:27:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: unLtd Cervy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
You're blinded by a common case, known as fanboyism.

"all of which you’ll be able to explore, customize and drive in Forza Motorsport 7."

https://www.forzamotorsp.../fm7_forza_garage_week_7

I see nowhere that they said "here's 700 cars, but you can't properly use them because we'll lock over 100 of them behind arbitrary systems and being a top hotlapper".


It isn't fanboyism, it's logic. I also see nowhere in there where they say "Here's 700 cars that you are guaranteed to be able to own and drive on launch day."

You're getting too emotional about something that doesn't matter. It's one car, and a FE car at that. Idk what to tell you if you somehow think you're entitled to that car, but your complaining won't amount to anything.


I was going to write out a response to this, but before I got around to doing that, I saw this.

You're a hypocrite. You cry when you can't get the car, then belittle others when you can get it yourself.



There is no valid response for that, it's a smoking gun. Connor and I may not always agree, but in this case I agree 100%.


There a difference between have a chance to obtain the cars in the frame of the game and having the car given out outside of the game. This was a special deal but they should of offer this car with in the normal frame work of the game after they were done with the season.
Thats the difference with people today. Alot of people out there think there entitled to everything regardless of work. They really should be thinking there entitled to an opportunity to get everything.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#806 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 10:11:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FsT Happy A Go to Quoted Post

There a difference between have a chance to obtain the cars in the frame of the game and having the car given out outside of the game. This was a special deal but they should of offer this car with in the normal frame work of the game after they were done with the season.
Thats the difference with people today. Alot of people out there think there entitled to everything regardless of work. They really should be thinking there entitled to an opportunity to get everything.


Who says they won't offer the car other within the timeframe of the game?
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#807 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 1:06:42 PM(UTC)
1

Edited by user Friday, February 9, 2018 3:22:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#808 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 3:50:00 PM(UTC)
I see the butthurt is flowing at a lovely rate still. I look forward to the next installment.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#809 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 4:04:45 PM(UTC)
You can check the Auction House. It's a regular stop for me, to see if I can find one of the FE or SD cars I missed out on, by not paying attention to SD, Rivals Events, or other promos the first five weeks. I haven't actually found much of anything I missed those weeks, but with a 42 collector tier I know I'm still missing cars that have made it out to at least some of us.
E30
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#810 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 4:24:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bob qoq Go to Quoted Post
You can check the Auction House. It's a regular stop for me, to see if I can find one of the FE or SD cars I missed out on, by not paying attention to SD, Rivals Events, or other promos the first five weeks. I haven't actually found much of anything I missed those weeks, but with a 42 collector tier I know I'm still missing cars that have made it out to at least some of us.


You won't be able to get the Bounty Hunter cars from the Auction House, by the way. Cars received in the gift section of the message centre can't be sold in there.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#811 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:09:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FsT Happy A Go to Quoted Post
Alot of people out there think there entitled to everything regardless of work.


An alternative point of view is that people have already worked, in the real world, to earn money to buy the game. Doesn't that entitle them to access the content they've paid for?

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#812 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:11:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Catsmeat Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FsT Happy A Go to Quoted Post
Alot of people out there think there entitled to everything regardless of work.


An alternative point of view is that people have already worked, in the real world, to earn money to buy the game. Doesn't that entitle them to access the content they've paid for?



Access is there, through the rental system. Yes, you don't earn credits, but if the ability to access the content is your argument then you have no argument.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#813 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:14:11 AM(UTC)
I was just wondering why there is no cool bounty hunter paint jobs on the cars like they use to do.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#814 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:52:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
I was going to write out a response to this, but before I got around to doing that, I saw this.

You're a hypocrite. You cry when you can't get the car, then belittle others when you can get it yourself.



The TORA cup was an extremely obscure event hosted outside the game and only available to 300 people. All you had to do to get the 911 was just sign up. Whereas with the bounty hunter events, Turn 10 notifies us of them, gives us plenty of time to do them, and requires actual effort and skill to get the exclusive cars. Yes, what I said was a bit hypocritical, but there is a difference. I don't even care about getting the 911, I was angry about the obscurity and the fact that a small group of people were getting a car just because they followed a twitter account.

Turn 10 will decide how to give out cars, and just as my complaining was nothing but wasted words, so is yours. If I ever say anything like that again in the future, however, feel free to call me out.









Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#815 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:22:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: unLtd Cervy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
I was going to write out a response to this, but before I got around to doing that, I saw this.

You're a hypocrite. You cry when you can't get the car, then belittle others when you can get it yourself.



The TORA cup was an extremely obscure event hosted outside the game and only available to 300 people. All you had to do to get the 911 was just sign up. Whereas with the bounty hunter events, Turn 10 notifies us of them, gives us plenty of time to do them, and requires actual effort and skill to get the exclusive cars. Yes, what I said was a bit hypocritical, but there is a difference. I don't even care about getting the 911, I was angry about the obscurity and the fact that a small group of people were getting a car just because they followed a twitter account.

Turn 10 will decide how to give out cars, and just as my complaining was nothing but wasted words, so is yours. If I ever say anything like that again in the future, however, feel free to call me out.




There is no difference. You used the same argument as me against the car being locked. The argument of it being included in the car list so should be available at launch.

What about the first Bounty Hunter event where around the same number of people were able to obtain the car locked behind the final time? I don't remember you complaining about that, in fact I'm sure you managed to beat that time. The only difference is that it's obtained via a different type of event. In the end, it all boils down to a small amount of people getting it for doing a thing.

I'll always stick to my stand against locked cars, whereas you seem to pick and choose when you dislike it based on whether you yourself are able to obtain them. Your own words towards me can literally be turned around and used right back against you for that post.

Quote:
it's logic. I also see nowhere in there where they say "Here's 700 cars that you are guaranteed to be able to own and drive on launch day."

You're getting too emotional about something that doesn't matter. It's one car, and a FE car at that. Idk what to tell you if you somehow think you're entitled to that car, but your complaining won't amount to anything.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#816 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:11:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Catsmeat Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FsT Happy A Go to Quoted Post
Alot of people out there think there entitled to everything regardless of work.


An alternative point of view is that people have already worked, in the real world, to earn money to buy the game. Doesn't that entitle them to access the content they've paid for?



Access is there, through the rental system. Yes, you don't earn credits, but if the ability to access the content is your argument then you have no argument.


You've cleverly avoided answering my point. I'll try and be more specific.

People have already worked, in the real world, to earn money to buy the game. Doesn't that entitle them to fully access the content they've paid for?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#817 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:41:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
There is no difference. You used the same argument as me against the car being locked. The argument of it being included in the car list so should be available at launch.

What about the first Bounty Hunter event where around the same number of people were able to obtain the car locked behind the final time? I don't remember you complaining about that, in fact I'm sure you managed to beat that time. The only difference is that it's obtained via a different type of event. In the end, it all boils down to a small amount of people getting it for doing a thing.

I'll always stick to my stand against locked cars, whereas you seem to pick and choose when you dislike it based on whether you yourself are able to obtain them. Your own words towards me can literally be turned around and used right back against you for that post.


That specific part in my post is definitely hypocritical, I'm not arguing against that. But there is definitely a difference. In bounty hunter events, everyone has a chance to participate and get the car, but the TORA cup was limited to 300 people from the very beginning.

I did not beat the first bounty hunter, but I wasn't bothered by it at all. I do think Josef might've not been the best choice for the very first one but I can't hate on him for being good. The Porsche bothered me because it didn't make sense to unlock a car for a few people just for the sake of a non-official event. They should've sold it through the specialty dealer, or just made people rent the car for the races. I think locked cars are fine if everyone at least has a chance to get them, but the Porsche was only given to 300 people who were in the know and nobody else had a clue.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#818 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:44:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Catsmeat Go to Quoted Post
You've cleverly avoided answering my point. I'll try and be more specific.

People have already worked, in the real world, to earn money to buy the game. Doesn't that entitle them to fully access the content they've paid for?


It goes back to what you're actually paying for. Nowadays you don't pay for the game itself, you pay for a license that allows you to play the game. Turn 10 retains all rights to the game and what they can do with it, and you're just buying a pass to be a part of it. It stinks but that's just the way it is.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#819 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:45:57 PM(UTC)
Another point of view is that nobody is being deprived of anything. They just haven’t completed enough of it to access certain things. Much like any game.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#820 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:25:24 PM(UTC)
Where is the bounty hunter thread for the
“The pace maker” and “valentine’s with hart(man) ?

It says “visit Forzamotorsports.net”
What are Alan’s times?

**Shakes head and leaves again **
33 Pages<<313233Prev

Notification

Icon
Error