This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 3:25:57 AM(UTC)
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious is no longer available to purchase on the Microsoft/Xbox store. This happened around the time of New Years Day/Eve. Unsure why it was taken down but if I had to guess, probably something to do with licenses etc.
Just wanted to let everyone know.

Cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:05:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:25:22 PM(UTC)
Oh it really says unavailable. For the Xbox One version.

Strange how the Xbox 360 version is still available right now.

Both were released in 27/march/2015. The movie license should be really about to expire.

People wanting the achievements should get the Xbox 360 version as quick as possible!
In my opinion, the Xbox 360 version is better too.
The Xbox One version suffers from some "continuity" problems because of the way the events start in FH2 and FH2-F&F in the Xbox One. It's my opinion, of course. The majority of people will find the Xbox One version better because of the graphics...
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:38:12 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious Digital Edition for Xbox One is showing as "Not Available" on the Microsoft Store website (Australian Store listing here) as well as on Xbox One and the Microsoft Store App on Windows 10. Please note it was available to purchase a few days ago (checked on the 31st of December) but by the 1st of January (when I went to buy it) it was no longer available. Is this affecting other countries as well?

EDIT: Did not notice a thread had recently been made regarding this (found here).

Edited by user Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:10:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:04:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tatl360 Go to Quoted Post
Oh it really says unavailable. For the Xbox One version.

Strange how the Xbox 360 version is still available right now.

Both were released in 27/march/2015. The movie license should be really about to expire.

People wanting the achievements should get the Xbox 360 version as quick as possible!
In my opinion, the Xbox 360 version is better too.
The Xbox One version suffers from some "continuity" problems because of the way the events start in FH2 and FH2-F&F in the Xbox One. It's my opinion, of course. The majority of people will find the Xbox One version better because of the graphics...

Yeah, forgot to mention that it was just the Xbox One version, thanks for pointing that out!!
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:37:06 PM(UTC)
Well that answers my question (created a thread earlier today and didn't notice this one). Thanks!
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:33:56 PM(UTC)
Xbox 360 version is gone now too.
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:26:35 PM(UTC)
The Xbox 360 version is still available.

The price is 9.99 USD.
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:04:48 AM(UTC)
Can Horizon 2 be played on the Xbox One?
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 8:49:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CruiserComet Go to Quoted Post
Xbox 360 version is gone now too.

Was gone the other day but has popped back up for me :o
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 8:51:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan1948 Go to Quoted Post
Can Horizon 2 be played on the Xbox One?

Yeah dude, Forza Horizon 2 is available on Xbox One, both physically and digitally.
#11 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 11:29:32 PM(UTC)
Disappointing wanted to buy this
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 10:36:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCdevil4 Go to Quoted Post

lol it's been out for nearly 4 years but now it's unavailable you wanted it
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 2:43:57 PM(UTC)
Yes.

Not direct for your account, but you can still play it under your GT.

You need to find someone who has FH2 FF in his game library and has set his XB1 as 'home console'.

You just log in on his XB1 with your account to 'share' the game only he owns.

I think this is the only possible way.
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#14 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 3:41:44 PM(UTC)
Ok thanks. Does the person need the game installed and can they still download it even tho its been removed? Like if they own the game can they still redownload it again and do they need to install it on their xbox and mine for this to work?
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:54:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jimi137 Go to Quoted Post
Ok thanks. Does the person need the game installed and can they still download it even tho its been removed? Like if they own the game can they still redownload it again and do they need to install it on their xbox and mine for this to work?

https://www.usgamer.net/...nd-share-xbox-live-gold

And yes, he can still download it from his library.

Edited by user Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:55:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#16 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:25:35 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

So didn't find a whole lot of information here on the forums about the removal of the Fast & Furious expansion like I did with the removal of the DLC for the first Horizon game. What was the reasoning of removing the Fast & Furious DLC? Does this mean I won't be able to get those specific achievements?
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:25:38 PM(UTC)
F&F wasn't a DLC, it was a game in itself probably to promote the Horizon 2 game. It was a free game to start with, who knows why people didn't download it when it was available
F&F had an XBOX1 and XBOX360 version, both completable in under a day. They're still available if you already downloaded them so if you can, get someone who had them to sign into your Xbox to download them again and you can play them from your account. Don't do that in a dodgy way so you don't get banned! Easiest 2000 Gamerscore and Tier boost ever!
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 8:10:03 AM(UTC)
Yes we totally forgot about that expansion.

We noticed the game FH2: F&F but we usually forget about the expansion with the same license, and I guess it could be used in the F&F version too!
Well I remember seeing it in the ready to install of the F&F, but didn't bothered using those cars there anyway. =P

They didn't say anything. We just believe it's the movie license that expired.
So they silently removed FH2:F&F and the DLC pacs of the Fast & Furious. It was a short timed license.
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 8:52:54 AM(UTC)
Yes we totally forgot about that expansion.

We noticed the game FH2: F&F but we usually forget about the expansion with the same license, and I guess it could be used in the F&F version too!
Well I remember seeing it in the ready to install of the F&F, but didn't bothered using those cars there anyway. =P

They didn't say anything. We just believe it's the movie license that expired.
So they silently removed FH2:F&F and the DLC pacs of the Fast & Furious. It was a short timed license.

They seem to still have the DLC packs for fast and furious though - https://www.microsoft.co...s-car-pack/bvmvp47gj7cd

But definitely odd they would just remove it like that. I'm convinced I should buy all the DLC for this game before it goes away.
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 4:56:59 PM(UTC)
Yes I see now the packs Furious 7 and Fast & Furious are still available. And the free Supra F&F too.

So I guess you totally lied and I totally didn't check? hahaha

Or were you talking about the other game? That game was not an expansion, it was a different game. A promo game/whatever, but not an expansion.
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:04:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GCdevil4 Go to Quoted Post

lol it's been out for nearly 4 years but now it's unavailable you wanted it

I had no clue. I'm somewhat new to the series. I also didn't see it heavily advertised in my feed or games with gold. I most definitely would have downloaded it for sure.

#22 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:08:32 PM(UTC)
Yes I see now the packs Furious 7 and Fast & Furious are still available. And the free Supra F&F too.

So I guess you totally lied and I totally didn't check? hahaha

Or were you talking about the other game? That game was not an expansion, it was a different game. A promo game/whatever, but not an expansion.

Totally lied about what? I'm so confused.

I'm referring, like the title implies to the Fast and Furious stand alone expansion and its removal. Just was curious why it was removed, yet they have car packs with the same theme/movie.

To make things worse, I heard it was free for the longest time. I'm new to the series, and if I would've known, I would've definitely downloaded it. I also went through something similar with Horizon 1 where some of the DLC is no longer sold.

#23 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 8:29:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SPUNKEE Go to Quoted Post
Totally lied about what? I'm so confused.

I'm referring, like the title implies to the Fast and Furious stand alone expansion and its removal. Just was curious why it was removed, yet they have car packs with the same theme/movie.

To make things worse, I heard it was free for the longest time. I'm new to the series, and if I would've known, I would've definitely downloaded it. I also went through something similar with Horizon 1 where some of the DLC is no longer sold.

The thing that you lied is a joke. You lied saying the DLCs were removed and I didn't check.

Don't mind me. I'm so used by Turn 10 removing their content that I don't even care anymore. I don't even bother checking if someone comes saying they removed Forza Horizon 3 right now because for me it's easier for Turn 10 to really remove content without warning.
This happens when you are disappointed game after game. =/

So you were talking about the promo game, Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast & Furious. It was removed months ago.
It's really strange how the license period was different than the F&F DLCs of the main Forza Horizon 2. It makes sense these would have been removed too.

Well, to play this game, you need to search for an old stock code some store may have (very difficult), or play in another person's console.
Sadly this is the only way because I doubt they will ever renew a license from a movie. The game is a movie promo thingy, with Universal Studios at the start and everything. And the story is someone
from the movie asking you to do things.

It's pretty, specially the Xbox 360 version, because the "open world" is smaller than the main Horizon 2, so the Xbox 360 can display more details than the bigger game.
But you are not exactly losing something very special if you don't play it. If I could choose, I would choose the auction house achievement for Forza 2 than this promo game.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:58:38 AM(UTC)
Wow thats a pretty bad situation. And no1 i know will gameshare with me so looks like i wont be playing the game and getting the forza hub points
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:09:01 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to still buy it ( key-site ) or what ever ?
I would like to play it because of the Gamerscore and the FORZA TIER Rank -.-
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error