This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 9:35:22 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

i don't know if this information is out there or if this works for everybody, but for me it certainly worked.

Before starting the game, open your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and go to "Details".
Leave it open, start the game and after a few seconds minimize the game window and go to the "Details" of task manager again and look for the Forza related application in the list.
Then rightclick on it, choose "Change Priority" and then choose "Realtime". Apply and leave the Task Manager open. Otherwise i think it resets it.
It also helped me to install the latest audio driver for my mainboard chipset.

So, these two things eliminated for me completely the crashes to desktop (had not one since i play it like this), micro stutter during races, the occasional sound stutter and screen freezes during races and the sound stutter in menus as well as almost all lag in the menus (only have minor lags when browsing through cars). Could not be happier now. Its a nice feeling to not be afraid that the game will crash or freeze on you on the very next command you apply to it.

I dont claim that this works for everyone.

Cheers

Edited by user Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:44:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:20:40 AM(UTC)
Did it help for any of the 172 viewers? Just curious.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:56:05 AM(UTC)
Forza Motorsport 7 (and all its bugs) is "also" on Xbox One and One X. Which means many of us can't follow your guide.
You should add a [PC] tag to your title.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:12:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:07:34 AM(UTC)
Thanks for your post, Malerflieger. nowadays i rarely ever have a problem with the game, maybe a crash every 3 or 4 days, but before i also used the taskmanager to keep the game more stable.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:41:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 7 (and all its bugs) is "also" on Xbox One and One X. Which means many of us can't follow your guide.

Thanks, good advice.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:44:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:45:01 AM(UTC)

While I agree with the title tag, goes both ways. It says CTD, which clued me in to it being about PC.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:22:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

While I agree with the title tag, goes both ways. It says CTD, which clued me in to it being about PC.

Crash to desktop? What about crash to dashboard?...

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 4:30:09 PM(UTC)
CTD has been synonymous for desktop since the ice age.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:19:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
CTD has been synonymous for desktop since the ice age.

Sorry incorrect use to be BSOD and before that was humm C:/dos Dang been so long I have forgotten what the DOS error use to be
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:14:21 AM(UTC)
Also i think stuttering is not occuring on Xbox? At least i've not noticed it on XBO:X.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:58:34 PM(UTC)
This works for me!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 2:54:26 AM(UTC)
Might be better off setting high priority rather than realtime. Pretty sure the xbox app is doing stuff in the background while you are playing, so you need to keep a little horsepower for that!
Lancia Delta HF Turbo 1.6 FWD
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:10:38 PM(UTC)
seems it works, thank you !
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:12:57 PM(UTC)
thank you !

Notification

Icon
Error