#1 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 12:39:46 AM(UTC)
Three Words.... Test Drive Unlimited.

Why have we not had another game like this? Was Forza asleep when this came out? The idea of being online at all times, having dynamic servers change, introducing new people as you flew down the highway at 200mph was incredible. It was amazing to pull up to the one drag strip in the city and have a giant group of people lined up and ready to race. As soon as the race is done you "lock" with your new found friends you can take off and free roam anywhere, while being in their server.

Forza desperately needs a take on this online system. There was no better way for finding new friends and having new adventures. Rather then coming on forza now inviting my one friend to a lobby,, cruising one strip of highway and being bored and playing something else.
 3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 7:02:47 AM(UTC)
Always online is a pretty horrible thing for games. Especially for those of us who aren't blessed with perfect internet.

It also means no pausing of the game should you get a phone call, or a knock at the door, or whatever.

I prefer the optional online part, rather than being forced to be online at all times.
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:05:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Always online is a pretty horrible thing for games. Especially for those of us who aren't blessed with perfect internet.

It also means no pausing of the game should you get a phone call, or a knock at the door, or whatever.

I prefer the optional online part, rather than being forced to be online at all times.

That was the beauty of it tho you could pause. The only reason you knew you were online was when you drove around, some of the other cars (not all, there was still AI cars) were real people. When you went into a race it would take you offline and it was just you in the race competing. Also, I'm sure technology these days allows them to add an option that says "go offline".

#4 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
I miss TDU. This System with the Horizon Tech would be cool.

Notification

Icon
Error