This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
16 Pages<<1213141516PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
#326 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:00:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I'm talking in terms of modeling the car for the game. Half the cars visual assets are already there, they just needed to make the slightly different bumpers etc


Or they simply built the car model from the ground up, like they always do.


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


Or it's a licensing issue. They can't add a car without a license.


LOL they already have a license for Audi and Land Rover. Try again.
Rank: Driver's License
#327 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:02:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handsome Huber Go to Quoted Post
"probably" ;)


Exactly so they have no excuse for making a different version of a car already in game. If I had their tools, software, manpower etc I'd be able to add loads of BRAND NEW cars every month instead of visually similar ones!
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#328 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:03:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I'm talking in terms of modeling the car for the game. Half the cars visual assets are already there, they just needed to make the slightly different bumpers etc


Or they simply built the car model from the ground up, like they always do.


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


Or it's a licensing issue. They can't add a car without a license.


LOL they already have a license for Audi and Land Rover. Try again.


They have to license each car, not just the manufacturer, try again. It's the reason why cars like the Chiron aren't in the game yet.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#329 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:04:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


Reskinned, LOL. Trackhawk is hardly a reskin.


Agreed, there is much more modeling involved for more than just the body.


Hmm really? Obviously you have never done any 3D modelling.

Geez so many Forza Fanboys here defending their developers LOL


I haven't,, but that isn't the point. There is more to just the Trackhawk then different body panels, upgraded engine and suspension components, a good bit of which will need to be modeled for Forzavista, not to mention different performance specs.

I'm not defending because I'm a fanboy, I'm rebutting your point, because you're wrong.


You really have no clue. YOU ARE WRONG. If you don't have any experience in making 3D models, how do you know that I am wrong? Definite fanboy.


Unless you know how they model the cars, you can't say either way.

Definite hate bandwagoner.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#330 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:06:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I'm talking in terms of modeling the car for the game. Half the cars visual assets are already there, they just needed to make the slightly different bumpers etc


Or they simply built the car model from the ground up, like they always do.


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


Or it's a licensing issue. They can't add a car without a license.


LOL they already have a license for Audi and Land Rover. Try again.



LOL my guess is that those licenses are car specific and do not aply to the whole line up.

Try again.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:07:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#331 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:06:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


Reskinned, LOL. Trackhawk is hardly a reskin.


Agreed, there is much more modeling involved for more than just the body.


Hmm really? Obviously you have never done any 3D modelling.

Geez so many Forza Fanboys here defending their developers LOL


I haven't,, but that isn't the point. There is more to just the Trackhawk then different body panels, upgraded engine and suspension components, a good bit of which will need to be modeled for Forzavista, not to mention different performance specs.

I'm not defending because I'm a fanboy, I'm rebutting your point, because you're wrong.


You really have no clue. YOU ARE WRONG. If you don't have any experience in making 3D models, how do you know that I am wrong? Definite fanboy.


Again, if you don't work for T10 how do you know they model their cars ? I'm not disrespecting your abilities in making 3D Models, i'm just saying that you don't work for T10 and YOU do not have any clue how T10 works with licensing and car modeling. You are making assumptions and claim that they are fact. So i can't take you more serious than a creationist or a flat-earther.



Rank: S-Class Racing License
#332 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:07:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handsome Huber Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


Reskinned, LOL. Trackhawk is hardly a reskin.


Agreed, there is much more modeling involved for more than just the body.


Hmm really? Obviously you have never done any 3D modelling.

Geez so many Forza Fanboys here defending their developers LOL


So you know how T10 models their cars ?


Yes i do, they don't.

http://www.glassegg.com/

It's outsourced, and i'm quite sure they model everything from scratch because of it.
Rank: Driver's License
#333 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:08:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I'm talking in terms of modeling the car for the game. Half the cars visual assets are already there, they just needed to make the slightly different bumpers etc


Or they simply built the car model from the ground up, like they always do.


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


Or it's a licensing issue. They can't add a car without a license.


LOL they already have a license for Audi and Land Rover. Try again.


They have to license each car, not just the manufacturer, try again. It's the reason why cars like the Chiron aren't in the game yet.


[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] The reason the Chiron isn't in the game yet is that they are postponing the release of it till later on in the hopes to keep people playing the game in anticipation. Go and check out GTA 5 Mods and a Chiron has been modeled many times by many authors and T10 are still incapable of releasing it yet.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2017 4:57:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#334 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:10:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handsome Huber Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


Reskinned, LOL. Trackhawk is hardly a reskin.


Agreed, there is much more modeling involved for more than just the body.


Hmm really? Obviously you have never done any 3D modelling.

Geez so many Forza Fanboys here defending their developers LOL


I haven't,, but that isn't the point. There is more to just the Trackhawk then different body panels, upgraded engine and suspension components, a good bit of which will need to be modeled for Forzavista, not to mention different performance specs.

I'm not defending because I'm a fanboy, I'm rebutting your point, because you're wrong.


You really have no clue. YOU ARE WRONG. If you don't have any experience in making 3D models, how do you know that I am wrong? Definite fanboy.


Again, if you don't work for T10 how do you know they model their cars ? I'm not disrespecting your abilities in making 3D Models, i'm just saying that you don't work for T10 and YOU do not have any clue how T10 works with licensing and car modeling. You are making assumptions and claim that they are fact. So i can't take you more serious than a creationist or a flat-earther.



How can the process be much differnent? They don't have magic wands. Check out some of the really high quality mods on GTA 5 Mods and you will see that these "amateurs" make cars that are just as high quality as Turn 10s. Chiron has already been made and the quality is excellent (GTAKorns one).
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#335 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:11:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post


They have to license each car, not just the manufacturer, try again. It's the reason why cars like the Chiron aren't in the game yet.


[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. The reason the Chiron isn't in the game yet is that they are postponing the release of it till later on in the hopes to keep people playing the game in anticipation. Go and check out GTA 5 Mods and a Chiron has been modeled many times by many authors and T10 are still incapable of releasing it yet.


GTA 5 Mods are unofficial and don't have to be licensed. Just because it can be and has been modeled does not mean it can be officially released anywhere. Don't you think if the Chiron could be licensed that games like, PC2, GT Sport and even Need for Speed would have it in their games?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2017 4:58:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#336 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:14:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


What, me not agreeing with your beliefs instantly makes me a fanboy? Cool.

It's called licensing, and plus in my opinion, and Trackhawk is a much more exciting car than the boring SQ7 and Range Rover.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#337 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:20:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post


I highly doubt that and if you believe that then you truly are a classic fanboy.

And also, why make another version of a car in the game already instead of a new Audi SQ7, or Range Rover Velar etc? Its LAZINESS.


What, me not agreeing with your beliefs instantly makes me a fanboy? Cool.

It's called licensing, and plus in my opinion, and Trackhawk is a much more exciting car than the boring SQ7 and Range Rover.


Yes, it does as his posts in the other thread prove as well.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#338 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:22:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lucas JSR Go to Quoted Post
Clue #2: Seems like it could be the Dome Zero, maybe?

Clue #6: Indeed I think it is the Bugatti Type 35, awesome! Though I would love to see the Ford Model T and other 1920s cars added in the future.


I think Clue #2 is the Trackhawk. The Zero was only guessed twice for Clue #3, and John said there have been two correct guesses for it...

...but the Zero is neither a one-off, nor did it ever win anything. I have a feeling it's not the Zero after all.
More characters than sense.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#339 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:23:52 AM(UTC)
I loathe the Trackhawk. I just get tired of the whole Hellcat engine business. It was interresting to have the Challenger, but now it's just the same engine being spooned into every GM body they can cram it into. takes away the special feeling surrounding it.
I bet some of the Forza Tuners have already pretty much nailed the 707 HP driving characteristics for the SRT, so what's the point?
I get that it could be a welcome addition to some, but for me, not at this point in time when there are still so many cars new and old unlike any other car around which haven't ever been featured yet.

It was me, the author of all your pain.
Rank: Driver's License
#340 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:30:54 AM(UTC)
Clue 3 has to be the Penske PC-23 with the Illmor-Mercedes 500I engine, right? Someone mentioned it previously, the only race it was entered in was the 1994 Indy 500, and it so thoroughly dominated the race that it was the catalyst for the CART/Indycar split in 1996.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#341 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:32:13 AM(UTC)
I'm looking forward to at least giving the Trackhawk a run.

Excited for the Porsche 804 and Bugatti Type 35. Oddly, enough before these old race cars came to Forza I did not have a big of an interest in them, now they are some of my favorites.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#342 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:33:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tifosiotaku Go to Quoted Post
Clue 3 has to be the Penske PC-23 with the Illmor-Mercedes 500I engine, right? Someone mentioned it previously, the only race it was entered in was the 1994 Indy 500, and it so thoroughly dominated the race that it was the catalyst for the CART/Indycar split in 1996.


Pretty sure that clue refers to the Porsche 804. Porsche's only win as a manufacturer.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#343 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:01:54 AM(UTC)
Came across these two pics just now. Possible SPOLIER!
http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=133569
http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=133570

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:03:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#344 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:04:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tifosiotaku Go to Quoted Post
Clue 3 has to be the Penske PC-23 with the Illmor-Mercedes 500I engine, right? Someone mentioned it previously, the only race it was entered in was the 1994 Indy 500, and it so thoroughly dominated the race that it was the catalyst for the CART/Indycar split in 1996.


Pretty sure that clue refers to the Porsche 804. Porsche's only win as a manufacturer.


Plus you can see the Porsche 804 in the corner of the image posted a while back- you can tell by the wheel and whatever those lumpy parts are on the back.

So now we know three of the seven cars: The Trackhawk (Clue 2), the Porsche 804 (Clue 3), and the Bugatti (Clue 6).

There is another car poking into the image (it has a blue door sill) but I can't identify it. The paint color reminds me of a Barracuda, but the lines don't quite match up.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:07:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

More characters than sense.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#345 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:07:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mapphew Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


How so? the Trackhawk has 237 more horsepower that 2014 model that is currently in the game, and 287 more than the 09 model. If we only had the 09 model and had been given the 14 model, I could see how one could think of it as a re-skinned pick, but when you have that much of a power gain, it can hardly be called re-skinned.


I'm talking in terms of modeling the car for the game. Half the cars visual assets are already there, they just needed to make the slightly different bumpers etc


I could see that, but that's not T10's fault, they chose a car that has definite performance upgrades over the previous model, it just so happens that it looks similar to the previous model. That falls on Jeep for making the car look like it's predecessor, and wanting to make it look like a sleeper. It's a bit harsh to call this laziness on the part of Turn 10.

Also on your comments about licensing, you are correct that T10 does hold the rights to put the likes of Audi and Land Rover in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that they have the rights to put any car from that manufacturer into the game as well. Take for instance Toyota. We do have Toyotas in the game, but only their race cars, this is because Toyota didn't want T10 to add in their street cars. The point is, just because a manufacturer gives the right to put their cars in the game, that doesn't mean that T10 can add whatever cars from those manufacturers that they want, they still have rules they have to abide by. If I'm not mistaken, in an interview with Dan, Dan said that they literally have to go to the manufacturer and have them give T10 the OK in order to make the cars.

I am not defending T10 on the second point, just stating that there are rules and guidelines that they have to follow.



Rank: X-Class Racing License
#346 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:08:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tifosiotaku Go to Quoted Post
Clue 3 has to be the Penske PC-23 with the Illmor-Mercedes 500I engine, right? Someone mentioned it previously, the only race it was entered in was the 1994 Indy 500, and it so thoroughly dominated the race that it was the catalyst for the CART/Indycar split in 1996.


Pretty sure that clue refers to the Porsche 804. Porsche's only win as a manufacturer.


Plus you can see the Porsche 804 in the corner of the image posted a while back- you can tell by the wheel and whatever those lumpy parts are on the back.

So now we know three of the seven cars: The Trackhawk (Clue 2), the Porsche 804 (Clue 3), and the Bugatti (Clue 6).

There is another car poking into the image (it has a blue door sill) but I can't identify it. The paint color reminds me of a Barracuda, but the lines don't quite match up.


Some said it was a 2CV, but the fender/wheel well area isn't right.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#347 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:12:29 AM(UTC)
I thought it was a 2CV as well, but the distance is between the wheel arch and door is too long.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#348 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:17:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
I thought it was a 2CV as well, but the distance is between the wheel arch and door is too long.


2CV also had a cover over the rear wheel. I've seen a 55 Chevy mentioned as well, but that isn't right either, as much as I want it to be correct. LOL.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#349 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:22:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Handsome Huber Go to Quoted Post
"probably" ;)


Exactly so they have no excuse for making a different version of a car already in game. If I had their tools, software, manpower etc I'd be able to add loads of BRAND NEW cars every month instead of visually similar ones!


1. I highly doubt that. What you have experienced surely can never be compared to what T10 does. The amount of time spent is nearly the same for every car
2. You have to pay money for licencing. That's something everyone forgets: Racing Games are extremely expensive to create.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#350 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPrince Johnnyx Go to Quoted Post
Very lazy adding that Jeep. It's basically just a slightly re-skinned version of the one thats already in game. Sort of like when Battlefront released Outer Rim with Nien Nunb who was just a regular Sullustan with different uniform on...


Reskinned, LOL. Trackhawk is hardly a reskin.


Visually, they are very similar.





While I am not overwhemed by having the Jeep and I drive a Jeep, visually, most the Porsches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis are the same too, but I don't hear many complaint's about that. I will admit I would rather see the Jeep go to Horizon 4.
Don't worry, I am sure there is some pathetic super dull super stupid supercar coming as well. It's hard to please everyone.
16 Pages<<1213141516PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error