#1 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 1:16:29 AM(UTC)
New NVIDIA driver 338.43 has recently been released and addresses a memory leak issue for #Forza7. We recommend that you update to this new driver if you use an NVIDIA graphics card.

Download location - http://www.nvidia.com/do...esults.aspx/127265/en-us

Edited by user Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:42:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza EMEA Community Manager
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:33:00 AM(UTC)
You mean 388.43, right?

And unfortunately until the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Gears of War 4 is fixed for drivers after 382.xx then I'm staying put. No memory leak issues despite restarting races several times in Forza 7, though I did have issues with the demo, so could've been fixed since then.
#3 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 6:28:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sinadoom Go to Quoted Post
You mean 388.43, right?

And unfortunately until the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Gears of War 4 is fixed for drivers after 382.xx then I'm staying put. No memory leak issues despite restarting races several times in Forza 7, though I did have issues with the demo, so could've been fixed since then.

Yes, thread title now corrected. The original link to the driver was the right one though.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#4 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 3:30:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
New NVIDIA driver 338.43 has recently been released and addresses a memory leak issue for #Forza7. We recommend that you update to this new driver if you use an NVIDIA graphics card.

Although this driver seems better I`ve had to restart the game several times over the course of play, where stuttering began after half a dozen races ( or a random number of races like before ) & had stuttering occur when scrolling through cars in free play , both issues causing me to exit & restart the game ...... It`s not fixed yet.

Edited by user Saturday, December 9, 2017 8:57:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 9:50:28 PM(UTC)
You must have some insider information because I could not find anything about a Forza 7 memory leak being fixed in the 388.43 full release notes.
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:13:52 AM(UTC)
memory usage went down by about 2gb for me to 8gb, which not coincidentally is how much ram the xbone has. hopefully this will improve the stability and stuttering, too
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 3:57:23 AM(UTC)

Hello Helios,

I could not find that statement in the nvidia driver 388.44 release notes: http://us.download.nvidi...esktop-release-notes.pdf

Could you share the link or the source for us?

Thanks in advance

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 3:50:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: z0rrer0 Go to Quoted Post

Hello Helios,

I could not find that statement in the nvidia driver 388.44 release notes: http://us.download.nvidi...esktop-release-notes.pdf

Could you share the link or the source for us?

Thanks in advance

Thats because there is nothing. The only reference to FM7 is via 387 drivers which are just game ready.
Absolutely NOTHING about nvidia fixing memory leak issues.

Ian needs to clarify or remove this post.

Quote:

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver
version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
 [NVIDIA Control Panel]: With cross-adapter clone mode enabled, the NVIDIA
Control Panel crashes or hangs when you select With the NVIDIA Settings from the
Adjust Video Color Settings page. [200353221]
 [Optimus][Notebook][Wolfenstein]: The game crashes. [2019102]

Edited by user Saturday, December 2, 2017 3:52:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
New NVIDIA driver 338.43 has recently been released and addresses a memory leak issue for #Forza7

And how could GPU driver fix RAM leak issues ? That hardly makes any sense.

i7 6700K
Kingston Predator DDR4 16GB 3Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Plus
Dell U2515H 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:06:36 AM(UTC)
That's funny, claiming a video driver to fixing memory leak...

come on now.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:08:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo and lack of coffee

PC/PS4/Xbox Sim Racer: Assetto Corsa, Dirt, GRID Autosport, rFactor, NFS Shift/Shift2U, Race 07, GTR2, Project CARS, Forza, Gran Turismo, DriveClub
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:54:57 PM(UTC)
I see no improvement what-so-ever with this Nvidia driver in Forza.

I still get CTD`s and stuttering exactly like with the previous driver. I still get ctd`s when:
1. Browsing cars - after you go thru some cars the game starts to stutter afterward if you don`t quit you get ctd. IF you start the game after you go thru some cars the entire game experiences fps drops from 60 to low 20s...
2. After a few races you get a race that loads up and you can see the game just starts too stutter after the track loads, when you start the race you get random fps dropps from 60 to low 20 like mentioned above this happens regardless of selecting cars or not..
3. When browsing cars in MP
4. WHen looking at other players cars in mp = ctd and most don`t even load.
5. When browsing car in private lobby (crashes in multiplayer occur more easily than in normal game - without stutering )
6. When track is loading in MP (private lobby and public lobby)
I`m sure there are more i will add them later as they happen. This happens to me and all my friends playing this game so it is not system related... It is becoming veeery frustrating to see that no fixes appear for all these ctd`s especially since they are very easy to reproduce and occur since game got released.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 11:03:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 7:56:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slimssss Go to Quoted Post

I still get CTD`s and stuttering exactly like with the previous driver. I still get ctd`s when:
1. Browsing cars - after you go thru some cars the game starts to stutter afterward if you don`t quit you get ctd. IF you start the game after you go thru some cars the entire game experiences fps drops from 60 to low 20s...
2. After a few races you get a race that loads up and you can see the game just starts too stutter after the track loads, when you start the race you get random fps dropps from 60 to low 20 like mentioned above this happens regardless of selecting cars or not..
5. When browsing car in private lobby (crashes in multiplayer occur more easily than in normal game - without stutering )
I`m sure there are more i will add them later as they happen. This happens to me and all my friends playing this game so it is not system related... It is becoming veeery frustrating to see that no fixes appear for all these ctd`s especially since they are very easy to reproduce and occur since game got released.

Pretty much facing the same issues, this list sums it up pretty good. Point 4 makes it especially annoying when you want to report a troll for dirty driving or kickvote him/her, but you cant even make it to his username because you will end up crashing your own game.

I also installed this driver but there is no change, i wonder where the information about memory leak fix comes from.....like everyone else here
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:36:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SjaakSoewarte Go to Quoted Post

Pretty much facing the same issues, this list sums it up pretty good. Point 4 makes it especially annoying when you want to report a troll for dirty driving or kickvote him/her, but you cant even make it to his username because you will end up crashing your own game.

I also installed this driver but there is no change, i wonder where the information about memory leak fix comes from.....like everyone else here

I created a well worn thread on performance a couple weeks ago, but here's my input, I 'seem' to have limited ctd by setting, Shadows, Mirrors,Liveries and lens flare to DYNAMIC, and lowering my resolution scaler to 110%, ctd are definitely less now...

#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:37:12 AM(UTC)
@cyborg i know your thread i tried all the suggestion, posted there, and tbh i`m not sure any type of setting changes the way the game crashes. I think it`s all a matter of luck sometimes you get lucky and game won`t crash or we have become good at reading the signs leading to a ctd, and sometimes the game will simply crash in a short time many times. I`ve had a friend tell me that turning mirrors off will fix everything miraculously, until he got a lot of crashes in rapid succession...
But all the bugs i mentioned can be very easily reproduced so they, t10, should at least acknowledge them and fix them already it`s growing old...
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:03:37 AM(UTC)
I wish I knew these issues before thinking buying this game. I finished downloading 95 [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] gigabytes after 12hours and I can't even finish the first race.

This is ridiculous

Edited by user Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:19:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 12:13:14 AM(UTC)

Its not nvidia driver problem but forza.. why ?
i always HAVE TO restart the game after 4-5 race..after this game begins to freeze and huge fps drops even racing at the same track..
its because your game FM7 i guess (because other 96 games including FH3 i have dont have such a problem only this ) doesnt FLUSH DEDICATED GPU MEMORY which i observed both windows taskmanager and msi afterburner..so this gpu memory usage is getting bigger and bigger both with SHARED GPU MEMORY just like a snow ball which cause EXCESSIVE GPU USAGE on the same track same cars..
for example i begin a race and note gpu usage is around %70-75..then after 4-5 race has done on other tracks i do the same race at first and bingo our GPU USAGE is now %100 so the fps is 45-55 on the same track same race..
it is not only about the race but UI..when i start the game it feels smooth then after only 1 race it begans to stuttering because fps is now around 45-50..actually its not stuttering but micro freezing because vsync is on and fps is now below 60..
TURN 10 add this game FRAME SMOOTHING option just like in FORZA HORIZON 3..!

in short IM REALLY BORED since i bought this game because I HAVE TO RESTART it every 4-5 races i finished..and i BELIEVE this is not all your fault but microsoft too..!
forzafb says Based on the PC specs you gave us, we believe you are trying to run the game that your hardware doesn’t support
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 7:28:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post

Its not nvidia driver problem but forza.. why ?
i always HAVE TO restart the game after 4-5 race..after this game begins to freeze and huge fps drops even racing at the same track..
its because your game FM7 i guess (because other 96 games including FH3 i have dont have such a problem only this ) doesnt FLUSH DEDICATED GPU MEMORY which i observed both windows taskmanager and msi afterburner..so this gpu memory usage is getting bigger and bigger both with SHARED GPU MEMORY just like a snow ball which cause EXCESSIVE GPU USAGE on the same track same cars..
for example i begin a race and note gpu usage is around %70-75..then after 4-5 race has done on other tracks i do the same race at first and bingo our GPU USAGE is now %100 so the fps is 45-55 on the same track same race..
it is not only about the race but UI..when i start the game it feels smooth then after only 1 race it begans to stuttering because fps is now around 45-50..actually its not stuttering but micro freezing because vsync is on and fps is now below 60..
TURN 10 add this game FRAME SMOOTHING option just like in FORZA HORIZON 3..!

in short IM REALLY BORED since i bought this game because I HAVE TO RESTART it every 4-5 races i finished..and i BELIEVE this is not all your fault but microsoft too..!

Well said. Infact Nvidia have just released another new driver 388.59. I havn`t tried it yet , but i doubt its done any good. Everytime i think this game might be fixed the stuttering as mentioned above always kicks in. Enough is enough, this nonsense has been going on since launch. Turn 10 just fix your S**T

* Edit: Just tested driver 388.59, 2nd race in - stutters - forcing restart. Well i never, who`d of thought

Edited by user Saturday, December 9, 2017 8:55:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 2:34:29 PM(UTC)
Is this a PC only problem? I wonder if my Xbox One has it? I have not tried yet because I assumed my PC would be more enjoyable.
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:56:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SeipherTown Go to Quoted Post
Is this a PC only problem? I wonder if my Xbox One has it? I have not tried yet because I assumed my PC would be more enjoyable.

I`m wondering if it effects people on PC with AMD graphics cards ?, seeing as xbox has amd, it was designed for amd hardware. Or is it a network problem. Has anyone tried it in offline mode if thats possible? I think it must still suffer from memory leaks or something on PC

#20 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:40:19 PM(UTC)
Also get constant CTD using GS63VR 388.59 driver.

Do we have any common hardware between us?
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 1:47:40 AM(UTC)
WHY has this thread been removed from the stickies. All the ctd`s still happen like i mentioned above after all the updates. The game still crashes it has not been fixed.

All of these CTD`s are related and still happen, the easiest to reproduce is number 1, anyone can reproduce it. Please acknowledge this bug T10 and look into it.
#22 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:32:46 PM(UTC)
WHY has this thread been removed from the stickies. All the ctd`s still happen like i mentioned above after all the updates. The game still crashes it has not been fixed.

All of these CTD`s are related and still happen, the easiest to reproduce is number 1, anyone can reproduce it. Please acknowledge this bug T10 and look into it.

This. I'm still have the same constant issues, it's getting extremely frustrating. Please resolve these issues.
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:33:19 AM(UTC)

I am continuing to have these problems as well. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game.

Hopefully it can be solved soon.

Notification

Icon
Error