This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 2:02:34 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Awhile back in Forza 4 a gentleman hosted a great competition here on the forums called Built Not Bought.

Concept is simple, throw down the meanest drifts in a budgeted car that you have built yourself.
Each build starts with the same amount of money, and money will be added to the budget weekly.
Every build would need to be updated weekly (with what has been purchased w/ budget, or if money is being kept in wallet) in their own thread or reply. [need to figure this bit out].

Weekly competitions would be hosted on XBL and be judged accordingly, however in the end this is all for fun throwing down.

Let me know below if this is something that you would like to participate in!
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:29:25 AM(UTC)
Man those were the OG days, I miss that community so much. I would be down to start this up again! Maybe even have some Matsuris too.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 8:49:53 AM(UTC)
Yeah that was us doing those haha, legend of dice. I forget how we regulated it but I'm pretty sure it was horsepower regulated, car price regulated and no engine swaps. I'd be very interested to join and help if needed. Lemme know.

DRAGONoCOM
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:59:01 PM(UTC)
I miss them days. I dabble in the forums from time to time and it seems like the community keeps dying instead of going back to what it was. Hopefully BNB will bring the old heads back that i was used to.
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
Just wanted to drop by and say "Hello". If this was to kick back off like back in the Forza 2, 3 and 4 days then I would definitely want to get back into this community. I never was a major presence on the forums, but my team did have a few runs with a few people here. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to see more of the individuals that made my days of drifting on Forza, Grand!
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 5:49:51 AM(UTC)
As a fan of not buying tunes I would definitely be up for something like this
#7 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 4:58:00 PM(UTC)
I am launching this sometime next week.
I will allow 14 days from posting for people to sign up, with a minimum of 10 drifters and 2 judges to start the competition.

Keep an eye, and if anyone else is interested definitely reply and let me know. Spread the word and let's get this going!
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:41:58 PM(UTC)
Im down for this. I miss the old forza days! haven't been in the scene since forza 4 and been wanting to get back into since 7 dropped
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:42:21 AM(UTC)
Going to be deciding on rules and competition scheduling tonight.

Add my GT if you would like to contribute with your opinions or input.
iM FuseD
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:08:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iM FuseD Go to Quoted Post
Going to be deciding on rules and competition scheduling tonight.

Add my GT if you would like to contribute with your opinions or input.
iM FuseD

Definitely down to do this again based on timing.
Only off on sundays and not home from work until 10-11pm ET depending on DST.
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:14:56 PM(UTC)
Always up for a challenge. Im down for weekends as well, time wise is pretty flexible. I'd like to recommend setting a minimum weight and a max tire width of some sort as well.
GT-HoodFlaka/Team Flakagan-Crew Chief/ESDA 2018/D-Spec 2018: Tuning Shop now open for business-Samples in Storefront-PM4Details
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:34:00 PM(UTC)
Rules are getting close to being done, post any suggestions you may have.
I would like to add a year limit, I am thinking somewhere around 2008-2010 - a stock class limit will be imposed as well, to ban certain cars that will have an advantage within the car CR budget limit.

Proposed Rules (Draft):
65,000cr Budget for Car - If you purchase a car for less, you do not receive the difference in your garage fund.
No Engine Swaps
RWD Only (I hope this is obvious)
Street, Sport Tires Only
Weekly Budget: 4K (this is heavily speculated, need to revise)
Builds must be current for two weeks to register for competition.
Events will begin and end with open practice, week 1 BNB drivers are encouraged to come out and have fun.
Courses will be outlined in advance and a video will be provided showing the judged line / areas.

#13 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 12:37:33 PM(UTC)
I assume typical tune rules like no positive camber, correct?
As for years, maybe 80's and up?
i see alot of Fc's and lte 80s american cars like the fox body sliding.
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:12:05 AM(UTC)
Sounds really cool would be up for it gt: SFXM HALO
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 12:58:14 PM(UTC)
I am the creator of BNB, good to see some old faces!

BNB Founder | Touge Union Founder | Street Version
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:56:52 PM(UTC)
as i remember the old bnb forum it was 25k to start up and any car was allowed as long as was RWD and it was like 2,5k a week for a paycheck the mods on the forum would set up actual events and the users would set up meets fun days for sure
i like s14's
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 11:24:44 AM(UTC)
I'de be down to play!! sounds like fun! hit me up.

Edit: So I realized this post was from a year ago...... if anyone still wants to do this hit me up we can get something started! This seems like a fun idea!
I've been messing around with just buying a car and upgrading with 65k tuning and then racing online to earn money, I don't count vip or leveling money, just money from the race. this is fun but and gives you something to race for. but being able to get used to your car and tune it over the course of a week and to see the progress of the cars and driving, also how much you would learn from experimenting with the cars, would be so awesome.

Lets get this going!!!!

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 8:41:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 3:34:38 AM(UTC)
Honestly there isn't enough interest for something like this anymore, the community is too far spread out now in different discords and forums. I'm planning on starting BNB back up at some point but not really worth it at the moment.

#19 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:51:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smooth92 Go to Quoted Post
I am the creator of BNB, good to see some old faces!

You created it and killed it as well. You won't mention the kill part though.
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:21:43 PM(UTC)
Wouldn’t have been worth running after Forza 4 anyway and was focused on Touge Union. But how’ve you been Impulse dm me man.

#21 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 8:39:54 AM(UTC)
I just realized this is an old as heck thread but this sounds awesome I used to be active on here back in the fm3-fm4 days and I'm ready to get back into it, I used to be with GSWD and The Drift Shop. What ever happened to the old school heads here?

Notification

Icon
Error