3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:18:53 AM(UTC)
This is a ludicrous situation and you people must be obsessed to have persevered (i.e. not a criticism of you but Microsoft/xBox).

I would never have persevered so much and would not have found the solution without you. I am new to this (xBox and Windows 10) but I will write the fix a different way hoping to help less knowledgeable users:

1. You need to be logged in as an administrator.
2. Enter "services" in the 'Type here to search' window in the bottom left (otherwise known as Cortana) or first hitting the windows key to show the search facility (if necessary).
3. It should find "Services Desktop App". Click on it to open it.
4. Follow these instructions exactly. That is, do not fiddle with anything you do not understand here.
5. Double click on the "Windows PushToInstall Service" item in the list in the right hand panel to open its properties.
6. The 'Startup type' is probably manual. Select Automatic. Click OK and close services.
7. Log out as an administrator and log in as the user you normally would (unless you always log in an administrator).

It should now work. It did for me.

Note: Step 6 is a little different from the solution mentioned by wojtkl1 who wrote to select "Start". I opted to choose "Automatic". Both should work. I choose automatic because:
... I do not want it to run all time although in practice it might anyway (not necessarily a big deal).
... although unlikely, if manual happened to go to stop, for some who knows what reason, the game would eventually crash again, and necessitate repeating the process.
... manual is only really there if automatic does not work, which is unlikely.
As far as I know (I could not test it).

#52 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 6:18:33 AM(UTC)
Azortharion, what do you mean by "Didn't work for me". Did you find the service as described by kinslore? If so then supposedly you found it in manual mode and stopped. If you could not activate the buttons then you did not have administrator privileges. You need administrator privileges. Given the nature of the solution I would expect it to work, as it did for me.

Also, rather than click "start" as suggested by kinslore I would change "manual" to "automatic". However, it should work either way.

You do not need administrator privileges to launch the game after the changes have been made.
#53 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 3:44:32 PM(UTC)
Lastly: I based my list on Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 Home might be a little different. (Maybe the problem is Windows 10 Pro specific and Windows 10 Home does not have the problem).
User is suspended until 1/1/2047 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:08:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungStir Go to Quoted Post
Lastly: I based my list on Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 Home might be a little different. (Maybe the problem is Windows 10 Pro specific and Windows 10 Home does not have the problem).

Yeah, i think it is a win 10 pro issue.
Mine was set to manual, i changed it to auto.
THX

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:10:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 12:53:02 AM(UTC)
I still can not start FM7
even after yesterday's update
what should I do?
#56 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 4:21:08 AM(UTC)
Windows 10 Local Account?
Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
#57 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:33:34 AM(UTC)
I have been through this thread and tons of others, mine is just not working at all.

I've tried everything and still the same error "Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.119.6406.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!forzamotorsport7 as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"5"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.119.6406.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe" -ServerName:forzamotorsport7.AppXhg3ar1rc79h5svsr7cnv3r2f5jf1vzfk.mca"
#58 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:45:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zal ru Go to Quoted Post

For what purpose? I use a local account. Was the post for the benefit of sixeryb or are you saying that there is no need to set up the "Windows Push Notifications System Service" if signing in with a Microsoft account.

Edited by user Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:52:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:39:23 AM(UTC)

It is a long shot, but it occurs to me that maybe, just maybe, stuttering (temporary freezes) may be a consequence of using a local account. It should not be but does anyone know whether there is a requirement to sigh in with a Microsoft account?
#60 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 7:48:54 AM(UTC)

For what purpose? I use a local account. Was the post for the benefit of sixeryb or are you saying that there is no need to set up the "Windows Push Notifications System Service" if signing in with a Microsoft account.

Been there, done that.

Windows 10 1709 clean install.
Local Account - Forza 7 CTD on launch.
Microsoft account - no problem with Forza 7 on launch.

No need to set up anything, just switch to Microsoft account.
Do not forget to confirm it. Confirmation code will be sent to your e-mail.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:09:01 AM(UTC)

Been there, done that.

Windows 10 1709 clean install.
Local Account - Forza 7 CTD on launch.
Microsoft account - no problem with Forza 7 on launch.

No need to set up anything, just switch to Microsoft account.
Do not forget to confirm it. Confirmation code will be sent to your e-mail.

I thought that was a flippant and unconvincing response. Nevertheless, I decided to test it.

1. It may well work but there is good reason to think that it will not be reliable. Even if it appears to work at first the ‘fix’ may not last. I could not test it to the end because I encountered so many issues along the way it was not worthwhile.

2. You need to do it with an administrator account. In fact, you cannot do it if not using an administrator account. However, any advice about changing accounts should come with a cautionary warning about the hazards for the benefit of novice.

3. zal ru’s ‘solution’ is a very time consuming method compared to the one I described (kinslore deserves most of the credit). Also, it only provides the hope of solving the specific problem, whereas our solution goes direct to the cause. There are so many issues with this software I cannot know what is going on but there is a direct connection between the symptom and the kinslore fix.

4. There is plenty of evidence that removing, redownloading and installing the game only provides temporary 'fixes' for a variety of issues, although the user can be confident of the kinslore fix for this specific issue, if it works in the first place.

5. If the service is in manual and stopped, then downloading it and installing with a Microsoft account does not change those settings; which makes its reliability as a long term fix suspect.

6. A user using a local account usually has a good reason for doing so and should be able to play this game on a local account. The kinslore fix works and changing to a Microsoft account on a wing and a prayer is a big ask.

7. By the way … while using a Microsoft account changing the state of the Windows Push Notifications System Service, between running and stopped, significantly changed to responsiveness of the car to the controls. However, there was no predictability about it. The same settings produce differing results. The responsiveness was consistently better with a local account but there is no way the tests were exhaustive enough to guarantee that would remain the case.

8. I noticed that a Windows update change the service settings from Manual and Stopping to Automatic and Running. I have no idea why the original problem of them being Manual and Stopped happened, but I would speculate that the store expects the user to have never used a local account.

9. It is necessary to be logged into the store with the Microsoft account to download and install the game regardless of whether the user has logged into Windows with the Microsoft account. As a strong critic of Microsoft for the issues with this game on the Windows platform, it should not matter whether the user is logged into Windows with a local account or a Microsoft account. Microsoft should cater for any difference in the process and inform the user as required. Also, it should not be so hard to find the solution to this specific problem. Nevertheless, I acknowledge that removing, redownloading and installing the game while logged into Windows with the Microsoft account might resolve some issues; it is just unreliable.

Bottom line: I would not recommend using the time consuming, wing and a prayer “fix” for users with this specific problem.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:10:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kinslore Go to Quoted Post

I hope this solution will help some people !
Kinslore

You're awesome! Thanks a lot. This did the trick for me!
#63 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:59:11 AM(UTC)
Microsoft account is not a solution (my brother has also the problem with this MS account to log into his computer)
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:33:17 AM(UTC)
The easiest way to solve it at least for the next launch just follow this:

Uninstall skype, then go to MS Store and download Skype again.

Thats all, now you can start it.
Cheers
#65 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:58:16 PM(UTC)
I cant believe it but this actually worked! Thanks man! :)
#66 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:41:01 AM(UTC)
With the most recent updates, this problem is back. I've tried everything that worked in the past (and is well documented in this thread) and this time nothing has worked for me. I was getting errors in both Forza Horizons 3 and Forza 7 that the game could not be launched due to some error with the MS Store, managed to fix that and now both games CTD at the loading screen. Found this in the event viewer -

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!OpusReleaseFinal as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"5"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe" -ServerName:OpusReleaseFinal.AppXhz3m1thxb88yczd2ax0k426vzefwnnmc.mca

So I've tried removing car packs (used the Hoonigan pack like I used to even tried a few others) and then reinstalling, logging out of the Xbox app, making sure certain services were enabled and so on.

I would really love it if Windows Updates or Forza updates didn't do this. Whichever one Turn 10 wants to blame this time around. Oh speaking of the updates, Windows 10 kept on choking on security updates, that is why I was getting "Forza 7 is not available for you account , error code is : 0x803F8001" and the same error for Horizon 3. I am SO glad these are the only games I have directly through the Microsoft store. I would hate to be denied access for all the other games I own every time W10 breaks itself.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:07:37 PM(UTC)
Both forza 7 and horizon three crashed on start up for me, I literally tried everything for a month and a half even restoring my windows. But I did get it to work and has been for the last month All I did was look up how to enable the BITS service.... it was disabled for some reason so i deleted and reinstalled the games and it worked for me. Hope this helps someone

Windows 10
I58600k
Gtx1080
Asus prime z370
#68 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:11:01 AM(UTC)
This is still happening. I'm trying free trial. I even downloaded a free dlc for it to reinstall but nothing. Mine crashes after Turn 10 animation, and the animation is actually skipping/stuttering then loading wheel on mouse then quits to desktop. The game also starts in a small window, going fulscreen with alt+enter doesn't change anything.

The game is actually installed on drive D: but it has shortcuts in c:\program files\WindowsApps to the folders on D:

Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ca7fa89
Faulting module name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ca7fa89
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000014bca70
Faulting process ID: 0x704
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4fa076f584520
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.163.2389.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.163.2389.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Report ID: fe3dc5ea-6bab-4f28-beb1-44f4f477c004
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.163.2389.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: forzamotorsport7
#69 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 7:56:02 AM(UTC)
Same here, the trial is crashing between the initial xbox forza 7 splash screen and before ANY visual data loads. The only thing I'm getting is a black window and a little set of semi-circular pieces rotating (the loading icon before forza 7's version loads in I think), and then crash back to desktop. I have tried ALL fixes in here, I've even uninstalled it from D drive and reinstalled on C drive, I tried setting my page file size to 8GB and still it crashes before it can even load. I've unloaded EVERY program in system tray other than the 3 I HAVE to have (nvidia, action center, and network)... nothing is running in the background.

Also, when I try to start pushtoinstall, it just auto stops a few seconds later.
#70 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:38:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Outside Octaves Go to Quoted Post
Same here, the trial is crashing between the initial xbox forza 7 splash screen and before ANY visual data loads. The only thing I'm getting is a black window and a little set of semi-circular pieces rotating (the loading icon before forza 7's version loads in I think), and then crash back to desktop. I have tried ALL fixes in here, I've even uninstalled it from D drive and reinstalled on C drive, I tried setting my page file size to 8GB and still it crashes before it can even load. I've unloaded EVERY program in system tray other than the 3 I HAVE to have (nvidia, action center, and network)... nothing is running in the background.

Also, when I try to start pushtoinstall, it just auto stops a few seconds later.

I can confirm that Forza Free Trial does not work. I bought the standard version and it DID not redownloaded and just switch free trial to full and I could play.

However, today I'm getting
"The server Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.163.2389.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!forzamotorsport7 did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Which causes the usual splash screen to desktop behavior. It's so quick i can not see the splash screen anymore.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:39:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:37:55 AM(UTC)
Playing fine last month, now crashes to desktop after a few seconds of splash screen. Tried running through this list with no success: https://support.forzamot...ing-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

Horizon 4 runs great.
#72 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 11:57:48 AM(UTC)
I just purchased and downloaded forza motorsport 7 and installed it through the Microsoft store. I cant get past loading screen. I press enter to start the game, it loads for a bit and then crashes.

I have windows 10 Pro with 16 Gb of ram and SSD.

Tried running with game mode off, and enabled windows purshtoinstall. Still no go.

Please help!
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error