3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 5:05:12 AM(UTC)
Experiencing the same issue as everyone else and up until today the game NEVER failed to launch. The puzzling part is I haven't changed a thing since I was playing last night.
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 5:43:23 AM(UTC)
Same problem here with same error written to event log like the others
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 7:11:25 AM(UTC)
Just an update. I reinstalled the game and it is now working. Glad I have a decent connection at least.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 7:44:51 AM(UTC)
I'm now doing the 100GB uninstall and re-install thanks to Turn10 not testing with 1709 (or not caring).

This is without doubt the buggiest game i've ever paid for. The fact that it gets hosed by a Windows update, which all developers have access to well in advance, is unacceptable.
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 8:24:33 AM(UTC)
I can no longer open the game. Crashes on the splash screen.
I have closed MSI AfterBurner+Rivatuner and Asus GPUTweakIt

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.5368.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!forzamotorsport7 as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"317"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.5368.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe" -ServerName:forzamotorsport7.AppXhg3ar1rc79h5svsr7cnv3r2f5jf1vzfk.mca

i7 7700k, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4
Windows 10 v1709 build 16299.19

It was working yesterday after fall creators update however. I did notice it was hitching a LOT more though.
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 9:48:25 AM(UTC)
Having the same problem since the update was made available.

Uninstalling the Porsche GT2 and reinstalling fixed it (for now) only 22MB so it is not the end.

Press start, settings icon, click APPS.
In the search bar type Forza, left click on the GT2 RS and click on delete in the Pop-Under.
Now reinstall from the store and it should work.

Might need to repeat every time you want to play, but it beats downloading 100GB of well something
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:10:56 AM(UTC)
Hi. About two days ago I was happily playing FM7 without stuttering or crashing. In these two days I haven't done absolutely anything to my windows, but I started experiencing MASSIVE stuttering (game was literally unplayable) and then after every race the game would crash to desktop. I tried several races and it just crashes to desktop before getting to rewards. Somebody suggested that maybe my windows was playing tricks on me and updating in the background. So I checked that and I downloaded the creators update just to be sure nothing will run in the background. Then I tried launching the game and it wouldn't launch. Black screen with XBOX Live written on it would pop up and close. So I went through the forums and somebody suggested uninstalling DLCs. I only have the hoonigan DLC so I did that and the game launches fine now. However I still experience some stuttering, but the game is somewhat playable though. But it still crashes after every race, so I have to launch the game again and again and I'm literally **** ed off, because the game would run fine for a week and it's like it broke itself! What is more, it crashes after every race, but it doesn't crash if it's the last race in the series

Edited by user Sunday, October 22, 2017 3:41:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I'll post it here anyway.

I had the same issue and error everyone else is reporting here. I also saw a lot of people saying that re-installing DLC might help, but since I didn't have any DLC, I thought I was out of luck. Either way, I figured it had to be an issue with Windows Store license/communication so I just went ahead and downloaded some random thing, in my case it was it was the Porsche 911 GT2 RS windows theme and then launched it from the store after installing it.

This seems to have solved the problem (probably temporarily) and let me launch Forza 7. I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by user Sunday, October 22, 2017 5:28:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 11:40:59 PM(UTC)
I had this, tried uninstalling/reinstalling DLC, nope. Tried the same with the game, it worked. Closed game down while I did something else (about 30 mins), came back, same thing again. Both FH3 and FM7 not available for my account. Tried signing out and back into Windows Store, same with Xbox, still no joy. Finally, as a last ditch attempt to resolve it before having to uninstall, I decided to reset the Xbox app, and BINGO!

I haven't tried it again, as I haven't played since (because zzz), but will update if it happens again. It does seem to be an Xbox app issue though.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#35 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 1:07:25 PM(UTC)
Today my game didn't launch again. I had to do DLC uninstall/reinstall trick once more. Sigh.

Edited by user Monday, October 23, 2017 1:08:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 1:10:00 PM(UTC)
Yup it instantly closes when I attempt to launch it. I'm assuming Forza servers are down.
PC/PS4/Xbox Sim Racer: Assetto Corsa, Dirt, GRID Autosport, rFactor, NFS Shift/Shift2U, Race 07, GTR2, Project CARS, Forza, Gran Turismo, DriveClub
#37 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 7:16:05 PM(UTC)
[quote=RebornFury;810519] I figured it had to be an issue with Windows Store license/communication so I just went ahead and downloaded some random thing,

This fixed it for me.

Was working fine. quit forza. restarted 5 min later and crash to desktop after splash screen repeatedly.

#38 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 9:47:23 PM(UTC)
I had to uninstall and then re-download the whole 90gb and it doesn't crash upon startup anymore. I'm not sure of a less bandwidth hogging solution but maybe someone knows. Luckily I have gigabit internet otherwise I'd be screwed.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:20:56 AM(UTC)
Updated windows to 1709 earlier today and this is when Forza 7 wouldn't start at all. Don't know if this helps anyone, but here it goes anyway.

I prefer using a local Windows account on my machine. Someone posted about it probably being a DRM issue, so I tried logging in to Windows 10 with my Microsoft account instead.
When I did, Forza 7 started normally.

At least the game started, but can't say yet if it runs normally yet, or if it ends up crashing later on.

#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:34:37 PM(UTC)
So I reinstalled the game yesterday after having the issue of it crashing upon startup. It worked fine yesterday and I just went to play a minute ago and it won't start again. This game is absolute trash.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:07:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MiffyTheCat Go to Quoted Post
[quote=RebornFury;810519] I figured it had to be an issue with Windows Store license/communication so I just went ahead and downloaded some random thing,

This fixed it for me.

Was working fine. quit forza. restarted 5 min later and crash to desktop after splash screen repeatedly.

This happened to me today, and reinstalled a small app. Now it launches again.

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:01:34 AM(UTC)
This happens very often now. Need to do this workaround trick. Works maybe one day... somewhat frustrating.
 5 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:48:01 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Sorry to dig up the thread, but I might have a stable solution for some of the cases mentioned here.

I have been experiencing crashes at startup too. The game would launch with the splash screen and directly come back to desktop. The event log would show something along the "unavailable" error.
Reinstalling an extension pack from the store would allow the game to start again.

I dug up what the store was doing, and here is something that fixes my launch : ensure the service "Windows PushToInstall Service" is enabled.
Note : I am not sure about the spelling in English, but the French one starts by "Service PushToInstall de...". If someone could validate its label, that would be great.

To do so, you can hit your windows key, enter "services" within the research bar, and launch the "services desktop app" it finds.
In the list, you need to find the label I mentioned earlier, right click on it, and "start". After that you can try to launch the game again.
Note : Don't mess with other services in the list. Those are needed by your system in some way, so just focus on this one.

Enabling this service made the game start. So I guess it is needing something provided by Windows an update altered in some way, as this service appeared on the 1709 update. Being a Windows Store service, I think the Store launches it before installing the pack, hence the workaround by starting an install within the store...

I hope this solution will help some people !
Kinslore
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:31:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kinslore Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Sorry to dig up the thread, but I might have a stable solution for some of the cases mentioned here.

I have been experiencing crashes at startup too. The game would launch with the splash screen and directly come back to desktop. The event log would show something along the "unavailable" error.
Reinstalling an extension pack from the store would allow the game to start again.

I dug up what the store was doing, and here is something that fixes my launch : ensure the service "Windows PushToInstall Service" is enabled.
Note : I am not sure about the spelling in English, but the French one starts by "Service PushToInstall de...". If someone could validate its label, that would be great.

To do so, you can hit your windows key, enter "services" within the research bar, and launch the "services desktop app" it finds.
In the list, you need to find the label I mentioned earlier, right click on it, and "start". After that you can try to launch the game again.
Note : Don't mess with other services in the list. Those are needed by your system in some way, so just focus on this one.

Enabling this service made the game start. So I guess it is needing something provided by Windows an update altered in some way, as this service appeared on the 1709 update. Being a Windows Store service, I think the Store launches it before installing the pack, hence the workaround by starting an install within the store...

Kinslore

Came here to say thank you, been having this issue forever and this fixed it. I set the service to automatic & started it. Was defaulted to manual [trigger start]. I've been doing the delete-dlc, redownload dlc trick up until now, had to do it every time I started the game. It's ridiculous how so many people are having this issue with a Microsoft published product. This is the only game I've bought on the Windows store and it will likely be my last. Fix your stuff Microsoft!
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 2:23:55 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Kinslore

Thank you very much, that fix it for the moment.
User is suspended until 1/1/2047 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
#46 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 11:47:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Burnett46 Go to Quoted Post
Having the same problem since the update was made available.

Uninstalling the Porsche GT2 and reinstalling fixed it (for now) only 22MB so it is not the end.

Press start, settings icon, click APPS.
In the search bar type Forza, left click on the GT2 RS and click on delete in the Pop-Under.
Now reinstall from the store and it should work.

Might need to repeat every time you want to play, but it beats downloading 100GB of well something

THX, this ODDLY helped me..............Has to be the strangest fix i ever came across !

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:53:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 4:36:36 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Kinslore

Thank You!

#48 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 6:54:32 AM(UTC)
Bingo! Starting the Windows PushToIntall service fixed the problem. Good investigation there!

#49 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:48:10 PM(UTC)
Didn't work for me.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:20:33 AM(UTC)
Thank you Kinslore!

I've been dealing with resetting the app and redownloading the DLC almost every time I play since early November and this finally fixed it!
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error