18 Pages<<1415161718PrevNext
#376 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:41:36 AM(UTC)
just wanted to tell i want tune to get more power or stock when its power is that high like the chiron but for me its not really tuning when you have to cut off the power it has

its like you have a car and went to a tuners garage and say hay i want to lower my cars power who is making this?? 😆
 4 users liked this post.
#377 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:03:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Halmi89 Go to Quoted Post
just wanted to tell i want tune to get more power or stock when its power is that high like the chiron but for me its not really tuning when you have to cut off the power it has

its like you have a car and went to a tuners garage and say hay i want to lower my cars power who is making this?? 😆

The majority of professional race series use detuned engines irl. FM7 is the motorsport title not like the street racing Horizon series so it does make sense to have a more balanced set of rules to mimic BOP.
 1 user liked this post.
#378 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:49:16 PM(UTC)

You cut power by 400 bhp but you lower weight by more than 500 kg and it must be fitted with slicks. In practice the only difference is that it won't reach the top speed, which it never would in the game anyway.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#379 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:44:16 PM(UTC)

Many of the GT3 cars in FM7 has less HP then their road going counterparts. Like theSNaiL46 said, Many motorsports leagues run de-tuned HP to meat race regulations, and FM7 is the Motorsport branch Forza.

Edited by user Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:45:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#380 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:46:08 PM(UTC)

It’s NOT all about the highest BHP output . . It’s about how the car uses the correct amount of horsepower in a certain weighted car, in a certain class that makes the difference. Big, is not always better . . . It’s how what you’ve got and how you use it . . .
What’s the point of having over 1000bhp, when you 1: need to refuel every 5 laps, thus loose or 2: loose traction so easily, you actually lap slower than a car with half the horsepower, yet uses the power in and out of every corner, and does 4 times the amount of laps . ; make sense now . . . ?

#381 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 11:32:31 AM(UTC)
ok
but that not just the race cars what about the new civic typ r it also is restricted to lower engine and this isnt really a racer
im not a overpowering tuner i just liked to tune cars to the max of their class like A658 to A700 but not over it
with this new thing it is very different and why is there most the time the need of other tires?
better where the stock variants like tires with their white rings 🙂
#382 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 12:03:26 PM(UTC)
sounds like the government saying we know whats best for yo
 1 user liked this post.
#383 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:28:12 PM(UTC)
This system alone makes me want to switch to PS4. Zero satisfaction of grinding to get car where it has to be to win. This is probably last Forza I get. Unless they decide to make optional.
 6 users liked this post.
#384 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:11:47 PM(UTC)
Here we go YET AGAIN! Homologation is there to equalize the RACING in a given class! THERE IS NOTHING stopping you from upgrading to whatever monster using all the parts allows. THEN you can take it online if theres a monster car hopper available and race other freaks of nature. REAL RACING HAS RULES that must be built to and homologation represents this and does it REALLY well! It STILL allows you to upgrade until you hit the top of the class like REAL race cars! I for one really appreciate the feature and challenge to upgrade my car into a CLASS winner!
 1 user liked this post.
#385 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:47:15 PM(UTC)
Rebirth of Muscle homologation is ruined by the 78 mustang due to its ability to drop to 2100lbs whereas all other cars are lucky to hit 3000lbs.

Not sure how that one was overlooked.

Another example how T10 failed to consider weight when balancing the divisions. Really makes thing not fun.
#386 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:07:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Rebirth of Muscle homologation is ruined by the 78 mustang due to its ability to drop to 2100lbs whereas all other cars are lucky to hit 3000lbs.

Another example how T10 failed to consider weight when balancing the divisions. Really makes thing not fun.

Yeah but unless it can reach 300 bhp ceiling it loses at faster tracks. If you keep racing at Rio Mini of course it'll always win.

Haven't played this series yet but it could be simply a matter of adding more high speed tracks to the rotation.

IMO the ceiling of this division should've been a bit higher but it seems they used the 1995 Mustang as reference. More than 300bhp ceiling would stop the 1978 Mustang since from memory it needs lots of power upgrades to even reach 300bhp and with its lower weight the power parts cost much more PI.

1993 Cobra can get to 3000lbs but you lose power obviously.

Edited by user Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#387 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 2:18:50 AM(UTC)

I've raced in this series yesterday in Professional, I started in the '77 Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit style!, tuned it a few times and managed to get a few podiums, but was out raced by people in the '78 Mustang but that soon changed, now the main car seems to be the '79 Camaro, especially on Road Atlanta.
I have seen in a quite a few races the '77 Trans Am do really well, better tunes than mine though.
My only race win has come in a '78 Mustang but that was at a stormy Brands Hatch where just staying on the track was good enough.
I will use all the cars before the series is out, I like the challenge of not using the best car in the division, it makes you better at the game if you can keep in touch with the leaders in a rubbish car.
#388 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 6:08:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacktheHammock Go to Quoted Post

I've raced in this series yesterday in Professional, I started in the '77 Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit style!, tuned it a few times and managed to get a few podiums, but was out raced by people in the '78 Mustang but that soon changed, now the main car seems to be the '79 Camaro, especially on Road Atlanta.
I have seen in a quite a few races the '77 Trans Am do really well, better tunes than mine though.
My only race win has come in a '78 Mustang but that was at a stormy Brands Hatch where just staying on the track was good enough.
I will use all the cars before the series is out, I like the challenge of not using the best car in the division, it makes you better at the game if you can keep in touch with the leaders in a rubbish car.

In this division you can't add all adjustable parts to 1995 Cobra R unless you add weight to it. However, it does handle pretty good, if a bit soft due to the lack of Race suspension.

1978 Mustang is good on smaller tracks because it can have the best handling rating with the best acceleration, but I expect it to be unusable on fast tracks because if you drop the weight to Race upgrade it can only reach ~230bhp, while others can have north of 300bhp. So it's balanced in a way.

This is a division where it seems the newer the car, the worst, because these cars didn't evolve much going into the next model and the older ones have more PI room for upgrades.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#389 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 6:16:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeoDragonaut Go to Quoted Post

Yeah but unless it can reach 300 bhp ceiling it loses at faster tracks. If you keep racing at Rio Mini of course it'll always win.

Haven't played this series yet but it could be simply a matter of adding more high speed tracks to the rotation.

IMO the ceiling of this division should've been a bit higher but it seems they used the 1995 Mustang as reference. More than 300bhp ceiling would stop the 1978 Mustang since from memory it needs lots of power upgrades to even reach 300bhp and with its lower weight the power parts cost much more PI.

1993 Cobra can get to 3000lbs but you lose power obviously.

That is part the problem. Not enough bigger tracks.

350 hp is the max. The problem is 300hp is not advisable in the other cars. All of the cars are super heavy ( some are 3500lb plus) and need weight reduction badly. By the time you get the car to an acceptable weight, power becomes an issue. I'm getting 2800/2900lbs with a few cars but only 20 or so more HP than the 78 mustang. The mustang has a huge power to weight advantage making it deadly across the board.

I'm going to keep messing with other cars. So far my FM6 79 camaro tune works perfectly in this game with no changes to the tune. It did pretty good at Road Atlanta too.
 1 user liked this post.
#390 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 6:31:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacktheHammock Go to Quoted Post

I'm in pinnacle. If the best driver in the lobby is using a 78 mustang, the lobby is racing for 2nd. Fortunately many seem to want to avoid the car. I'm assuming because it's super ugly.
 1 user liked this post.
#391 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 7:42:13 AM(UTC)
That is part the problem. Not enough bigger tracks.

350 hp is the max. The problem is 300hp is not advisable in the other cars. All of the cars are super heavy ( some are 3500lb plus) and need weight reduction badly. By the time you get the car to an acceptable weight, power becomes an issue. I'm getting 2800/2900lbs with a few cars but only 20 or so more HP than the 78 mustang. The mustang has a huge power to weight advantage making it deadly across the board.

I'm going to keep messing with other cars. So far my FM6 79 camaro tune works perfectly in this game with no changes to the tune. It did pretty good at Road Atlanta too.

Difficult to fix indeed. They could add tracks like Daytona Short and Homestead Alt (don't remember what it's called), Monza, Watkins Glen Short, etc., but I still don't know whether it'd be enough to stop the car.

The reason homologation is having issues in Forza 7 is because their balancing thing for the PI takes into account ALL the tracks in the game and not only the tracks added to Leagues rotation and career tournaments. So there will be extreme cases like 1978 Mustang which would theoretically run badly at high speed tracks such as Daytona and Le Mans but the rotation never lands on those for obvious reasons.

This means the 1978 Mustang could get lower PI due to being a bad performer at Le Mans for example, but if the car cuts through the field at Rio Coast Loop, Laguna Seca, Homestead Short and similar tracks where it'd be more sensible to run such cars, it's obviously gonna be broken next to the others. In fact, even if the power ceiling on these cars was higher I think the 1978 Mustang would still have been a contender everywhere because it would've had ample room for power upgrades on top of the Race weight reduction.

In the end I agree with you that homologation should've had a minimum weight rating. I mean, it's like this IRL anyway.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 6 users liked this post.
#392 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 7:56:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThatOneDaveGuy Go to Quoted Post
Homologation is utter garbage. It kills all of the personality a car has.

It's interesting that this opinion has come up. Some of the people I know who have raced autocross/rallycross state that once you remove the original components (suspension, drivetrain, et al) from a older car and replace them with modern parts, you lose the "character" of the car and end up with another modern car that looks old but performs like everything else. Please elaborate on how allowing the players to massively modify their cars to the point of being nothing but a shell of what it once was, is keeping the "personality" of a vehicle. I'm curious to know.....

Edited by user Monday, February 26, 2018 7:56:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#393 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 4:36:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeubaumTurk HK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ThatOneDaveGuy Go to Quoted Post
Homologation is utter garbage. It kills all of the personality a car has.

It's interesting that this opinion has come up. Some of the people I know who have raced autocross/rallycross state that once you remove the original components (suspension, drivetrain, et al) from a older car and replace them with modern parts, you lose the "character" of the car and end up with another modern car that looks old but performs like everything else. Please elaborate on how allowing the players to massively modify their cars to the point of being nothing but a shell of what it once was, is keeping the "personality" of a vehicle. I'm curious to know.....

In Supercars divisions you run with junk tires but then you get an idea of how beast these cars were in their day.

Same with Prototype Group, Vintage GT, etc.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#394 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
At first it was a confusing mess and had to get used to all the options but now I actually like it. It keeps things at a leveled playing field in fact just yesterday I did a nice 5 lap race with Forza rally division and had it on pro doing hockemheim in the morning and man was it a beautiful race. The AI actually gave me a good race where I came in 6th. It was fun to see the stock low powered Subaru sti keep up and jostle with the vw beetle and focus rs. Now all we need is that Honda grc...
#395 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 5:45:07 PM(UTC)
I'm not too sure about all other classes but GT3 is good for homogolation. Problem is they went the wrong way. Prior to 7 the Aston Martin was at R864. Had they homogolated up to that point you would have enough PI in any of the other cars to make them competetive in the class, and also allow brake upgrades so one could adjust out the lockup problem....Charles

Edited by user Monday, February 26, 2018 5:47:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: corrected spelling

1 user liked this post.
#396 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:42:30 PM(UTC)
I personally like the homologation. I enjoy spending time to choose the best way to upgrade or tune within the limits to get the best out of the cars. There was very little nuance in the upgrading when you were just aiming for the one target of PI.
#397 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 9:17:46 AM(UTC)
I absolutely despise the way the game tries to hand hold you with the whole homologation system. It's like, fine you got a car, let US fix it so you can get to race it ASAP. Some people, actually prefer to explore the car, tune it, and get a feel for it but with Forza 7, that has been thrown out of the way in favor of getting you to spend your time on lootcrates and collecting more cars.

It's making me go back to Forza 6.
 2 users liked this post.
#398 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 9:36:39 AM(UTC)
Hold your hand how, exactly? It's not any easier than older Forzas.

I'm sorry, but you can't just mindlessly install fat race slicks and coilovers on every car anymore...

Some cars have ample room for upgrades, others do not.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#399 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 10:17:25 AM(UTC)
Choose the option of no homologation parts and do yourself.
#400 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 10:44:26 AM(UTC)
Yes the game can install parts for you, but it's not like you don't have an option to change parts and tweak settings. If they were really trying to hold your hand, they would force you to use homologated rentals ALL the time like some of the rivals events do.

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
18 Pages<<1415161718PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error