18 Pages123>>Next
 54 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:10:51 PM(UTC)
Please add your comments below as to why you would like to see homologation either be removed completely from Forza Motorsport 7 or at least for there to be an option to disable homologation in all modes of gameplay. Turn 10 seems to still be pushing their homologation system based on the newest rivals hoppers. Removing homologation would allow class based rivals hot laps on all circuits to return to the game. I feel like Turn 10 is ignoring what I believe to be the vast majority of players who would like to see homologation go away.

This system destroys the class based system that has been the cornerstone of Forza Motorsport since it’s inception. Allow the freedom for tuners to build and race cars how’d they like and for those of us who want to drive stock unmodified cars the ability to do so.

I personally spend most of my time in free play mode. But I can’t race cars with any upgrades unless they are homologated. If I toggle upgrades allowed in Free Play then it homologates all the AI cars. This system already has me tired and frustrated of playing FM7 and it’s only a couple weeks old.

[Mod Edit - thread title renamed from "Petition for Disabling of Homoligation System" to "Homologation Opinions." The open-field forum style can't prevent users from posting opposite or different ideas from the solidarity that the original poster may want, making 'petition' threads untenable. Users can always send feedback directly to the developers at forzafb@microsoft.com. If there is a feature you would like added to the game, please use the Wish Lists Go Here thread at the top of the forum. - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:21:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:23:01 PM(UTC)
I would love to be able to turn off or on. For me, its fine in the Forza cup, but give us an open championship . I want to build car up as i progress and race it in a full championship. we need more control over what we have in the game.

Note: these types of threads should be in a poll format so we can see what people want over a long period.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:24:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:19:59 PM(UTC)
I would love too have an option not to allow upgrades in the career mode... I just like racing stock cars anyway and I end up not playing the career mode because of that. I find it kind of silly all thee cars are upgraded and run thee same way. I hated the upgraded AIs in Horizon 3. It was just too stupid being in a LaFerrari and somebody in a Beetle suddenly overtakes you....
 28 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:28:06 PM(UTC)
Im pro homologation. Best thing ever.
 17 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:00:14 PM(UTC)
In the past people complained about a few things:

1. Leaderboard cars.
2. Mixing of car types eg hypercars being in P class.
3. Some cars having no real class to race in.

Homologation while not eliminating issue 1 spreads it out in a way. You can no longer have the 787B dominating the modern LMPs as its in a different homologation group.

Issue 2 and 3 are solved as far as I know.

The few real issues appear to now be:

1. Access to leaderboards of any kind apart from a small list of events is clunky and are not class based or class sortable.
2. Homologation upgrades are too restrictive.

If I know Turn 10 (and these days I am not sure if I do) I suspect your best bet is to make suggestions to tweak the current system not go back to the past. EDIT: actually let me rephrase that - definitely let them know what you want but also try to come up with a suggestion to tweak the current to improve it as I doubt radical changes will happen.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:01:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 16 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:10:56 PM(UTC)
I like the new homologation system, looks more balanced.
 6 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:43:28 PM(UTC)
*high fives DylanDrog and GedankeKlee13*
 8 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:49:04 PM(UTC)
Why would you comment on a post against homologation with "I love homologation"?
 17 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:51:58 PM(UTC)
^^^To show there's another side to the argument?
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:05:12 PM(UTC)
I think Homologation is a good idea, but i would love to have a little more freedom. For exemple, I would like to be able to do my carreer in stock cars or with just 1 or 2 minor upgrades. At the moment, that's not possible. Well, maybe there is a way to do it in the career mode (by only adding the requested tires), but I didn't figure it out..
So why not just give the choice to the players to select the way they wish to play.. Class/homologation/stock.
 15 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:39:27 PM(UTC)
Homologation is the best thing that could happen to Forza
 10 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:40:17 PM(UTC)
Homologation would be fine if it allowed for turn 10 actually tweak certain cars pi in a division for balance reason. A lb car will exist in every division and there are cars that are screwed by their homologate class, so that hasn't changed. So to me homologation is just as messy as class based racing but a 100 times more restrictive. I've still haven't seen division where the cars are "balanced", but I've seen divisions where the lb cars is almost 2 seconds faster than the next fastest car.
 15 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:48:52 PM(UTC)
Homologation is a good thing. However, all people want is an additional 6 groups where there are no restrictions other than PI (run what ya brung). This would be cool and provide the best of both systems.

8 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:59:10 PM(UTC)
I like the homologation, really evens out the field and is a good test of skill. Can also help you to be a much better driver.

Though I must say I want all the class hoppers to come back as well. I mean come on, it's a blast to take a low level car and turn it into an A class or higher beast. Gives you many more cars to choose from as well instead of just a few for a particular race.
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:23:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Homologation is a good thing. However, all people want is an additional 6 groups where there are no restrictions other than PI (run what ya brung). This would be cool and provide the best of both systems.

^This
If there are more options, then everybody can choose, which one they prefer.
It would be also nice, if the AI would stay between the boundaries of the homoligation restriction, because currently they do some wacky things (especially on straight sections of the track).

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:23:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:25:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: danielson2047 Go to Quoted Post
Why would you comment on a post against homologation with "I love homologation"?

Because It's the pure Truth. I love homologation.

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:31:33 PM(UTC)
Open races in single player should not have homologation the premise is people are racing their favourite car, what happens if their favourite car just happens to be a maxed out VW beetle, also I have noticed the Ford Transit Supervan doesn't actually have a division so if anyone wants to race that in single player they are stuffed.
#SORRY SIGNATURE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER!#
 6 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:37:21 PM(UTC)
Im all for the Homoligation system and think it works very well.
 5 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:42:25 PM(UTC)
i was one of those who complained about mixing car classes because of class based PI.
I really like the new system, but would also like to have the option to run homologated ore PI class based rivals and hoppers.. the more the merrier :-)
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:45:56 PM(UTC)
Homogenization is fine as an option and some of the race cars like Nascar, F1, Indy, etc, should only be racing against each other anyway. But for production cars the restrictions of homogenization, division and PI is just too much.
 7 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:46:47 PM(UTC)
What's with all the petition threads? Lol.. Personally I'm loving the homologation I think more people should just give it a chance rather than dismissing it immediately just because it's something different. It makes for very good racing and encourages you to drive a variety of different cars. I barely played anything other than S and A class on fm6 and I must admit it's a refreshing change for me. .
 4 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:28:33 AM(UTC)
I love homoligation, it's the best new feature of FM7. I rarely played races against AI, because having '60s muscle cars, '70s rally cars, late '80s sport sedans on the same grid looked stupid and broke the immersion for me. Now these bizarre line-ups have gone and with the improved drivatars (yes, they improved much since FM6!) the races are more life-like. And even more close because the PI of the cars are more equal.

The leaderboard-car syndrome also faded, and I'm happy about that. I always annoyed by seeing world-beating Chevrolet Sparks and 60's Mini Coopers planted firmly in top of the Class Rivals leaderboards.

Leave Homoligation alone, it's a really well-thought and perfectly working system now. It improved the gameplay a big way.

The only thing I'd like to be added is division based rivals mode. Like class-based rivals in previous Forzas just this time for Homoligation divisions and for every racing circuit, not just a couple selected single events like now. My favourite mode in Forza is Rivals, but in Forza7 is very limited now. With division based leaderboards it would be perfect for me.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:30:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

10 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:45:59 AM(UTC)
I like Homologation and think it should stay.

That being said we also need more Open class-based Rivals and Hoppers so that people who prefer freedom over game balance have a place to play online.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:49:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I like Homologation and think it should stay.

That being said we also need more Open class-based Rivals and Hoppers so that people who prefer freedom over game balance have a place to play online.

+100

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:54:59 AM(UTC)
I kind of like the hom system. I would like to see the hom system setup for different classes. Like the Historic Road Racing division as B or A class with forced race tires and a maximum HP.
18 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error