1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:44:54 AM(UTC)
Why is it that on the PC we dont get more settings to make the game look better. Instead we are only allowed the max settings which the xbox one can handle.

Can we have the options to put the game upto ultra like all other PC games and take advantage of the extra power that most pc gamers enjoy?
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:11:00 AM(UTC)
this is exactly what i am wondering as well. i can put stuff on "ultra" but to me it does not look THAT ultra compared to the xbox one version.
i dont have the feeling that i get particularly better reflections, not better drawing distance (to the contrary, there is more texture pop in on pc, the level of detail of cars as they vary in distance)
i find that for example the xbox one x footage looks better than win10, better HDR implementation. (Watched an hdr video on my hdr display). also ground fog and spray seems to be a bit broken on the PC as they are IN the ground showing ugly lines. its baffling to me how they could release such a version of the game on PC. shame on the devs. it would've been better to wait the additional time to clean that game up for the PC. i payed 100€ just to have bad LODs on cars, semi matte reflections on opponents, micro stutter and laggy menus. and this coming from a AAA title developer with microsoft millions of $ in resources. its just stunningly disappointing.
overall i feel that the PC version is held back and i hope that we get a patch as soon as the X releases.

Edited by user Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:13:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:13:17 AM(UTC)
For me the graphics settings only go upto medium.

Would be nice to have high, very high and ultra
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:40:52 AM(UTC)
I have an ultra-wide monitor and can't figure out how to make the game display over the full area of the display. This is the only game I have issues with this.
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:25:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TrIgErHaPpEe Go to Quoted Post
I have an ultra-wide monitor and can't figure out how to make the game display over the full area of the display. This is the only game I have issues with this.

Do you have it on native window size or whatever its called?

#6 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:36:45 AM(UTC)
You guys need to tell the specs of your PC's
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:55:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TrIgErHaPpEe Go to Quoted Post

Set the resolution to 'Native Window Resolution'. The menus still have black bars, but they'll be gone when you enter a race.
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 1:03:11 PM(UTC)
My RX 480 can nearly max out the game in 4K and keep 60FPS (when the game isn't stuttering).

I think Turn 10 want to keep the PC version on parity with the Xbox One X.
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
im running 4k, with everything on ultra and 150% scaling. this is a really great optimized game!
I sometimes expierience some stutter in rain/smoke - but a quick ALT+TAB to system performance reveals this game is only using one core?? there probably is a explanation for this.

Running i7 7700k @ 4500
gtx 1080ti strix
32gb 3200ddr4
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 2:09:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post
My RX 480 can nearly max out the game in 4K and keep 60FPS (when the game isn't stuttering).

I think Turn 10 want to keep the PC version on parity with the Xbox One X.

This is it, the reason I stated before.

Can't be having the showcase game look better on PC than on the Xbox One X. Comparison of PC highest settings and Xbox One X show they come out identically. The top level is built specifically for the One X, and that is the highest available levels of the PC version despite obvious headroom even at 4K on higher end machines.
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:17:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rikkejannick Go to Quoted Post
im running 4k, with everything on ultra and 150% scaling. this is a really great optimized game!
I sometimes expierience some stutter in rain/smoke - but a quick ALT+TAB to system performance reveals this game is only using one core?? there probably is a explanation for this.

Running i7 7700k @ 4500
gtx 1080ti strix
32gb 3200ddr4

I have system close to yours, What resolution is 150% scaling?

#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:06:21 PM(UTC)
I've always been amazed, how good it looks on an aging xbox one.
So far I've mostly left it for the game to decide on pc.
This post reassures me that there isn't that much to be gained on ultra.

Seems like my Asus Rog Strix GL503 laptop loves framerates around 40, but that's another story.

Notification

Icon
Error