#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:51:41 AM(UTC)
Hello!
Below is a copy/paste from an email I just sent to Turn 10's customer support email address, forzafb@microsoft.com
I am posting this support request here as well, in hopes that I can find some help for my issue.

Hi!,

By way of introduction, I'm a longtime fan of racing games in general, and the Forza series specifically. I own Forza 1-7 and Forza Horizon 1-3. Pretty much all of them were bought at launch, and I shelled out for limited/day one/ultimate editions of most of them. At least as far back as Forza 4. This includes ultimate editions of Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7. I also generally buy all the available extra content available, including car packs, VIP upgrades, and expansions.

Fast forwarding a little, I bought Forza 6 at launch and installed it right away so I could check it out. And THEN I learned about the extensive loyalty rewards offerings in the game. At the time I only had 300+ cars in one game (Forza 4) and I was at tier 6 in the Forza Hub. So the game gave me the appropriate rewards.

I figured I was missing out on a lot of potential rewards, so after playing an hour or less, I deleted my save file and figured I'd return to Forza 6 later after investing more time in my older Forza games. So since then, I've put a lot of time into Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. I acquired over 300 cars in both games. And I raised my overall level in Forza Hub to tier 8.

This morning I figured I was finally ready to start over on Forza 6 and claim my improved loyalty rewards. I started up the game and it said it needed to sync. So I let it. When the game began, I was horrified to see my old data with my old set of loyalty rewards. I guess the game had pulled my old save data from the cloud. Seeing as all my recent work to raise my tier and do more car collecting wasn't being acknowledged, I was a bit upset.

So I exited the game. Deleted my save data again. I booted up the game again but this time I cancelled the cloud sync. At first things looked good... the game was giving me its tutorial intro race again. I finished that and the game started doling out loyalty rewards again... but it was still only giving me the stuff I had earned when I FIRST played the game at launch time! It was not checking against my current tier and car collector status!

I got car rewards up to tier 6 only, and a 5 million car collector bonus for my Forza 4 collection. I got the reward car for VIP status in Forza 5 only - I did NOT get the VIP reward car for Forza Horizon 2 even though I DO have VIP status in that game.

At this point, I ought to be eligible for:
15million credits for 300+ cars in , Forza 4, Forza Horizon 2, and Forza 5.
Loyalty rewards cars through tier 8.
VIP reward cars for Forza 5 AND Forza Horizon 2.

If I had waited and never installed the game until now, those are the rewards I would get. But because I was eager to try the game and played it for just an hour or so... and the game stubbornly insists on only crediting me with loyalty rewards that I had earned up to THAT point, I am now missing out on cars and credits that I SHOULD be eligible for now that I am ready to play the game in earnest.

Is there anything that can be done? Would erasing my save from the cloud help? Or can the car collector credits, tier rewards cars, and VIP car I am missing out on be added to my account/save? I put a lot of work into raising my tier and into car collecting, expecting to improve my rewards when playing Forza 6. So I'm feeling a bit burned right now.

If you need to check my Forza Hub status and other data, my XBL gamertag is KOG7777.

Please help!
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:41:11 AM(UTC)
This is a copy/paste of a followup email I sent to Turn 10 support on the same topic. Some additional details and clarification of the issues I am experiencing.

Hi again,

Small update to the email I sent previously:

In addition to not getting all the tier rewards cars and car collector credits I should be eligible for, it seems I am also not getting the Game Rewards Car for playing Forza Horizon 2 (2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby). But I believe I did get the Forza 4 car (2009 Ford Focus RS) and Forza 5 car (2013 Ford Shelby GT500).

So I didn't get the Forza Horizon 2 Game Rewards car OR Forza Horizon 2 VIP car. Why is the game not acknowledging my Forza Horizon 2 game save and VIP status? I know I played the game AND had VIP status even before the first time I installed and played Forza 6. And I now have maxes points for Forza Horizon 2 in Forza Hub.

And finally, I am not sure the game gave me the free 2016 Ford GT #66 Le Mans car when I tried to play the game again this morning. I know I got the email about it when the car was first give out, and I think I may have gotten it when I first installed and played the game at launch. But I don't think it showed up when I tried to play on a new save file this morning.

SUMMARY:

What the game is giving me now:

Tier Rewards car for Tiers 1-6
•Tier 2: 2015 BMW M235i
•Tier 3: 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
•Tier 4: 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
•Tier 5: 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
•Tier 6: 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Forza 4 and Forza 5 Game Rewards cars
•Forza Motorsport 4: 2009 Ford Focus RS
•Forza Motorsport 5: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500

Forza 5 VIP car
•Forza Motorsport 5 VIP: 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari

Car collector bonus credits
•5 million for 300+ cars in Forza 4

What the game is not giving me even though I should be eligible now:

Tier Rewards car for Tiers 7-8
•Tier 7: 2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM
•Tier 8: 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro

Forza Horizon 2 Game Reward car
•Forza Horizon 2: 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby

Forza Horizon 2 VIP car
•Forza Horizon 2 VIP: 2011 Koenigsegg Agera

Car collector bonus credits
•Additional 10 million for 300+ cars in Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2

AND

I might be missing the 2016 Ford GT #66 Le Mans... not totally sure but I don't think it popped up when I tried to start a new game in Forza 6.

Once again, if you need to check my Forza stats, my XBL gamertag is KOG7777 and you can see my game stats on Forza Hub.

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:31:38 PM(UTC)
The Rewards you receive are calculated when you FIRST play any of the Forza games so starting M6, playing for an hour and then attempting to increase your rewards will not work.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:12:01 AM(UTC)
If that's the case, I'm very.... disappointed.

I put off playing Forza 6 for over 2 years in order to take the time to put time into Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 so I could better make use of the Forza 6 loyalty rewards system.

If I had known the details of the system beforehand, I just never would have installed Forza 6 to begin with.

Even so, this doesn't explain why I'm not getting the Forza Horizon 2 Game Rewards and VIP cars. I had a valid FH2 save and VIP access when I installed Forza 6.

Notification

Icon
Error