3 Pages123Next
 6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:03:47 PM(UTC)
https://www.motorsport.c...-motorsport-game-962312/

I just read this article. Hopefully that means we are getting a huge “racecar” dlc here shortly. Otherwise there are not very many race cars at this moment that are actually in IMSA anymore. I am extremely hopeful of this one! Although they only list the tracks we already have, perhaps one or more could be added as well!?
#2 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:13:01 PM(UTC)
Yeah me also! Love IMSA!
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlkQap7myyfB63tKab7p6Be8OvMF
 5 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:22:01 PM(UTC)
We definitely have some historic IMSA cars already, but it would be nice to get some of the current DPi, GTLM and GT Daytona cars. In looking at the 2018 schedule, Belle Isle, Mosport and Mid-Ohio are the only tracks they're racing at that aren't already in the game. Could this partnership yield an expansion pack like the NASCAR pack we got in Forza 6? Hope so.

Congrats to T10 and IMSA on this new partnership.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:25:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
IMSA ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC ALLIANCE WITH THE FORZA FRANCHISE
Friday, October 6, 2017
https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/916362433551269888
https://www.imsa.com/news/102017/imsa-announces-strategic-alliance-forza-franchise

Quote:
The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) today announced a strategic alliance with the award-winning, world-renowned Forza franchise developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios.

This alliance includes a multi-faceted platform of activation highlighting IMSA cars, tracks and partners already aligned with the franchise which is home to the largest online racing community in gaming. Earlier this week Turn 10 launched Forza Motorsport 7, the most comprehensive, beautiful and authentic racing game ever made on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.

“This alliance between IMSA and the Forza franchise further solidifies the long-standing relationship between these two outstanding brands,” IMSA president Scott Atherton said. “IMSA cars and tracks have enjoyed a significant presence in the game for many years, and we are proud to have our series featured to the millions who play the game every day.”

“We’re proud to celebrate the launch of Forza Motorsport 7 by announcing the alliance with IMSA, a long-standing partner of our franchise,” Turn10 Senior Business Director Mike Humphreys said. “At Turn 10 Studios we are driven by car passion, technical innovation and the thrill of competition; all pursuits that we share with IMSA. We look forward to further expanding our collaboration with IMSA and delivering new experiences that fans can love and enjoy. During this weekend’s Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, Forza Motorsport 7 will have a display in the Vendor Village where fans can play this just released game. Many cars participating in the race will feature a Forza Motorsport 7 decal.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:29:03 PM(UTC)
Hopefully this means an IMSA Expansion which would add Mid-Ohio, Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) and Belle Isle and add the new GT cars like the 488 GT3, Acura NSX GT3, BMW M6 and M8 GT3 cars.....among others.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:37:17 PM(UTC)
For those who don't follow the series closely, here was the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Championship track schedule:

Daytona
Sebring
Long Beach
COTA
Belle Isle
Watkins Glen
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Lime Rock
Road America
VIR
Mazda Laguna Seca
Road Atlanta (The Petit Le Mans this weekend)

Mid-Ohio will replace COTA in the 2018 schedule:
https://sportscarchampio...petition-12-storied-road

Here's a spotter guide for the cars in this weekend's race:
https://twitter.com/andy...tatus/916116421968621569

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 12:39:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:52:00 PM(UTC)
Good news.
I'm somewhat tired of add American race tracks, but all IMSA machines are attractive.
I would like the vintage IMSA cars, but even if only the 2017 season cars are added it will be a great lineup.
IMSA expansion will be reliably delivered. I can't wait for it!
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 1:02:17 PM(UTC)
Yeah I'm hoping they touch upon each decade with an emphasis on newer isma cars like the dpi's, GT3 cars. But a nice expansion with either mid ohio or belle isle as the track and 24 imsa related cars from the 60s til now would be sweet.
 5 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 2:04:48 PM(UTC)
This sounds like a great partnership. It will add some much needed “Forza Motorsport” to Forza 7. I’m a huge fan of the IMSA Weathertech championship so I hope there is some related content coming.
#10 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 2:54:27 PM(UTC)
Too bad we can't go online and race them because they seem to have forgotten to add multiplayer races into the game. Classes E to P.
#11 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 3:38:07 PM(UTC)
music to my ears
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 5:00:23 PM(UTC)
I wish I could be down there to try the new Forza Horizon 7.
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:35:42 PM(UTC)
Old school, vintage cars please looking forward to see what comes down the straight away!
#14 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:45:23 PM(UTC)
I can see this as a car pack kind of ushering in themed car packs. Doesn't seem to have enough broad appeal to be a full expansion. The car pack could also introduce themed events and gear.

-k
#15 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:49:29 PM(UTC)
This is the best news since sliced bread. I eat, sleep, and breathe IMSA racing, watching all the races of the WEATHERTECH SERIES start to finish ( 24HR races included ). Love cheering on my favorite race car driver Christina Nielsen. Have been ever since she came to the states racing in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA. I look forward to cheering her on in the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta tomorrow.
Hopefully she can maintain her points lead and lock up a SECOND CONSECUTIVE GT-DAYTONA CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE. Starting on pole should help with that LOL.

I will keep my fingers crossed that maybe we will get her 488 GTD Ferrari sporting her and Alessandro Balzan livery. While I am at it SPECIAL THANKS to MID LAND ZETA for your amazing livery you produced in FM6 on the 458 GT race car. Amazing work and I loved playing the game the first few weeks, earning the credits to get the car and was so happy when I found her #63 Scuderia Corsa livery. Just like her car with her name right on the roof. So cool, I pretty much raced that car exclusively in free play and rivals.

Anyways I love this news and looking forward to more info.

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 6:51:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:50:23 PM(UTC)
Of absolutely no interest to anywhere outside the USA.

Looking like my eight year love affair with ForzaMotorsport is about over.
 5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:08:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Artistig 01 Go to Quoted Post

Looking like my eight year love affair with ForzaMotorsport is about over.

As an asian man living on the other side of the planet, I LOVE all past and present series in the IMSA's roster. My old favourites being the ALMS and IMSA GT.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:17:39 PM(UTC)
Oh please let one of the dlc tracks be Mid Ohio. Haven't. raced that track since Race 07. Hopefully we get liveries and more Race cars out of this....
#19 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:49:57 PM(UTC)
Great news; love the comments about Mid-Ohio as well!
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:54:10 PM(UTC)
I need 2017 and old IMSA cars. Very good news!

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 7:55:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:05:15 PM(UTC)
I’d like to see Mid-Ohio added to the track list also. Spent a lot of time there in my youth sitting in the S’s watching races there.

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 9:03:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:14:31 PM(UTC)
This would be a great opportunity to introduce some actual new cars and tracks ;)
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:30:37 PM(UTC)
The wording of the article makes it sound like the majority of this "IMSA content" is what's already in the game.

Quote:
More than 100 cars from IMSA history will be in the new game, as well as nine tracks – Daytona, Sebring, Long Beach, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Road America, Virginia International Raceway, Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

I too hope to see a car pack with updated GT, DPi, and Prototype racecars, but at this point it is a wishful thought. Hopefully this partnership will be represented in other areas too, such as pre-made decals, multi-class online hoppers, or possibly an IMSA-inspired driver's cup.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:21:03 PM(UTC)

Either this is complete BS or people outside the US do not love great racing. A series doesn't have to have an international presence and an F1 size budget to be worth watching.

IMSA has an amazing YouTube channel where entire races complete with announcing are posted.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnitedSportsCar
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:48:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SgtFancypants98 Go to Quoted Post

Either this is complete BS or people outside the US do not love great racing. A series doesn't have to have an international presence and an F1 size budget to be worth watching.

IMSA has an amazing YouTube channel where entire races complete with announcing are posted.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnitedSportsCar

Agreed SgtFancypants. This seasons IMSA Weathertech series has seen some great racing across all classes, certainly as good as anything we've seen in the WEC or ELMS.

As a follower & spectator of endurance racing since the early 80s and as a fan of Motorsport, it doesn't matter what country the series is based in, it's about the quality of the racing, and the IMSA series at the moment provides quality racing.

Certainly looking forward to seeing what T10 offer with this new announcement

Stu

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error