This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:33:49 PM(UTC)
Is there any ETA on when this game might be stable on PC? Because nothing sucks quite so much as being on lap 15 of a 23 lap endurance race only for the game to crash to desktop for the third time. My laptop more than meets the recommended specs for the game as stated, I don't run any other applications or programs that could possibly interfere with the game, unless Windows Defender now causes the same problems that other AV programs did for Horizon 3.

I'm really loving the gameplay, and the presentation, but I'm really really tired of constantly losing progress because the game is currently so unstable.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:34:57 PM(UTC)
It's a memory leak bug of the game, just have to wait for a new patch update.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:37:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trackah123 Go to Quoted Post
It's a memory leak bug of the game, just have to wait for a new patch update.


Thank you for the reply :)

Do you happen to have a link to where you read that, so I can get more details? Thanks!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
It's all over the forums, crashing with endurance races, crashing in menu's with scrolling. just search around.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:09:51 PM(UTC)
Yep, same issue. I run my races at the the "long" setting and am so frustrated because I keep having to restart them due to the crashing.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 2:04:53 AM(UTC)
Bumping this because I'm still having issues. I would love to know that someone at Turn 10 at least saw this. I love the game, I just want it to be a little more stable. Thanks!

Edited by user Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:11:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 9:02:53 AM(UTC)
Its strange that I can race 23 laps of Spa without crashing but on a 4-lap race at Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca it crashes repeatedly.

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 10:21:28 AM(UTC)
Also Multiplayer (at lleast on PC) is unplayable. It´s more crashing at loading races and trackks than i can play.
Singleplayer is fine so far.

This really sucks cause MP is the only thing that keeps me playing this....
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:12:18 PM(UTC)
Game crashed four times tonight in less than an hour. Once while doing a multiplayer race where I was headed for a podium finish.

This is really depressing. And frustrating.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:15:52 PM(UTC)
This morning has been the worst run of crashes to date - Not much fun when your trying to complete an endurance race in the Elite cups :(
It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

Common T10 Fix the CTD issues!!!!
Rank: Driver's Permit
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:21:11 PM(UTC)
The crashes are happening much more often for me now. At the start it only happened after I had been playing for an hour or two. Then, it was every few races. Now I can't make it through more than a few laps. I really regret spending $100 for early access now.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:58:16 PM(UTC)
My game crashed on the last lap of a 46 lap Endurance race at Spa last night. 1 hour and 55 minutes of racing with nothing to show for it. How the mighty have fallen.
Rank: Driver's License
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:32:30 AM(UTC)
Ive only had 1 CTD after about 10 hours of gaming trough 3-4 days on my PC. But I havent done more than 6 lap races yet.

And with something that look like memoryleaks (gfx glitces) I wouldnt do long races until these bugs are ironed out.

Edited by user Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:33:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 1:10:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PzR Slim Go to Quoted Post
My game crashed on the last lap of a 46 lap Endurance race at Spa last night. 1 hour and 55 minutes of racing with nothing to show for it. How the mighty have fallen.


Wow, man, that sucks. I am genuinely bummed to see that happen to anyone.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 1:21:27 AM(UTC)
I've made a post on here about my CTD's also. I was getting crashes every 5-10 minutes or so. I read many threads started here with the same problem.

Then I stumbled upon one with someone having CTD's but saying he had made the problem better with certain GFX settings in game. I tried his settings. That meant turning down the settings from what I had been using. Soon as I used someone else's 'perfect settings'... I eagerly loaded up a race. Crash. It didn't even load the race. Thought with these 'perfect settings' I'd better try again. Same thing.

So the fact the gfx settings being changed caused such a difference I just turned tested what seemed to work and what didn't. I ended up getting the game looking better and less CTD's. I still had CTD's but only 2 after about 8 hours of running the game. I'd urge people to try the same. Tweek the settings till they work for you. As I said I needed to turn my gfx settings up to make it more stable which is crazy.

My specs are.

Old i7
12GB RAM
1070 gtx 6gb
Windows 10
SSD HD
Rank: Racing Permit
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:09:08 AM(UTC)
Hey you are lucky my game crashes every 5-10 minutes... I cant even tune/upgrade a single car without it crashing after changing 3-6 settings. My windows event log looks quite "funny".

Edited by user Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:09:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:15:09 AM(UTC)
Yeah, same here; my laptop has all the requirements to run this game, and i was really enjoing playing it....than the CTD started to happen, rom 2 in 10 minutes to 10 in 1 hour....It really sucks.

Please, make a patch asap, we've all spent money to get the preorder or else, we'd like to get what we paid for. Thanks.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 3:46:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWestman77 Go to Quoted Post
Also Multiplayer (at lleast on PC) is unplayable. It´s more crashing at loading races and trackks than i can play.
Singleplayer is fine so far.

This really sucks cause MP is the only thing that keeps me playing this....


+1

Almost 70% times, when I join a race online and the race is gonna begin, game freezes and kicks me out to desktop with no errors when the message "Waiting for other players..." appears

On single player, if I stay for some time on car tuning, it kicks me out to desktop. Again with no errors.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:32:26 AM(UTC)
Try disabling the Windows 10 Game Bar totally from the Settings->Gaming menu.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:26:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hincie Go to Quoted Post
I've made a post on here about my CTD's also. I was getting crashes every 5-10 minutes or so. I read many threads started here with the same problem.

Then I stumbled upon one with someone having CTD's but saying he had made the problem better with certain GFX settings in game. I tried his settings. That meant turning down the settings from what I had been using. Soon as I used someone else's 'perfect settings'... I eagerly loaded up a race. Crash. It didn't even load the race. Thought with these 'perfect settings' I'd better try again. Same thing.

So the fact the gfx settings being changed caused such a difference I just turned tested what seemed to work and what didn't. I ended up getting the game looking better and less CTD's. I still had CTD's but only 2 after about 8 hours of running the game. I'd urge people to try the same. Tweek the settings till they work for you. As I said I needed to turn my gfx settings up to make it more stable which is crazy.

My specs are.

Old i7
12GB RAM
1070 gtx 6gb
Windows 10
SSD HD


Hey there,

I have your same system. Could you please share your video settings in game?

Thanks
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:07:39 PM(UTC)
I think we can try to get a refund on this and just re-buy when it is fixed, I had this happen with another game that wasn't working on launch and they credited back to my account.

I am going to go this route, because I paid to play early, and it is not delivering....known memory leak is a little ridiculous IMO...
Rank: Racing Permit
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:28:07 PM(UTC)
Yep, hopefully this week's patch will fix those nasty memory leaks and crashes.
I only had one crash midrace so far, but I can't tell how many times the game already crashed in the upgrade and paint/decal menus for me. I can barely spend 5 minutes in them without getting a crash.
And then there's still the chance of getting stuck in the infinite saving loop...
Rank: Driver's Permit
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:14:39 AM(UTC)
Please Turn 10. Please.

Please fix this.

I love this game. Please fix it.

Please
Rank: Driver's License
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
Todays patch did not do any noticeable fix to my game. Stutters and crashes. 4670k&gtx980ti
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:41:46 PM(UTC)
If this game was on Steam, it would've been pulled down in a heartbeat. Unacceptable that a AAA title from a AAA company is so far beyond broken and unfinished upon release. To dare and charge full price, or almost twice for an Ultimate Edition of this Early Beta is downright insulting.

And that's without counting the whole VIP thing and the restrictive mess that the career mode is now.
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error