#1 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:10:17 AM(UTC)
Trying to play with my Brother, we each just spent 100+ on ultimate edition so we could co-op together, but completely at random the game will disconnect from each other. Isn't just one of us, it can be either, can be right away or after a race, 2 races so on. Once the game disconnects it won't save or load anything right and eventually will freeze and need to be restarted, even if you want to just reconnect it will take a restart. Really wish it would work as it's a fun game but it is making playing together completely unplayable. Any help would be really great.

Edited by user Monday, October 23, 2017 11:57:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:54:54 AM(UTC)
what device are you and your brother playing on and is it on the same device, lan conection or are you two playing over online

Edited by user Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:56:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 5:45:06 PM(UTC)
This is also a problem we are having here.

Three Windows 10 PCs with Forza Horizon 3 installed and a XBOX One S for playing with my kids. We cannot co-op.

I've been searching to find a solution for the last couple of days... nothing works unfortunately. Tried many things. The disconnection is quite random, too.
Playing online adventure separately seems working fine. However, problem starts when we try to meet and play together (co-op, adventure, free roam). We randomly get disconnected from server.

I have tried all the way to moving PCs for direct FTTH connection (with router removed) so that each PCs receives public static IPs. This still didn't solve the problem. Teredo works fine with all PCs.
#4 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 1:44:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BickeringGAMER Go to Quoted Post
what device are you and your brother playing on and is it on the same device, lan conection or are you two playing over online

It's on pc to pc over the internet. Seems to work better pc to Xbox one over lan but the Xbox one version has motion blur and is like impossible for me to deal with. Update to let me turn that off would help a lot. Working pc to pc would help to.

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 1:45:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:00:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EVO2point0 Go to Quoted Post

Three Windows 10 PCs with Forza Horizon 3 installed and a XBOX One S for playing with my kids. We cannot co-op.

I've been searching to find a solution for the last couple of days... nothing works unfortunately. Tried many things. The disconnection is quite random, too.
Playing online adventure separately seems working fine. However, problem starts when we try to meet and play together (co-op, adventure, free roam). We randomly get disconnected from server.

I have tried all the way to moving PCs for direct FTTH connection (with router removed) so that each PCs receives public static IPs. This still didn't solve the problem. Teredo works fine with all PCs.

Here's an update. I've finally found the cause of random disconnection and sorted out.

You need to "enable" microphone in the Windows 10 settings.
Windows START -> Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone.
Picture here. http://i.imgur.com/C0yUEBN.png

Our PCs (Three PCs with Forza Horizon 3 installed) all had that microphone disabled (OFF). Because when Forza Horizon 3 released September last year, Forza Horizon 3 had stability issues (crash to desktop) if microphone was enabled in Windows 10 Settings. So, when I clean installed Windows 10, I just disabled the microphone in Windows settings. Sometime after release, I think Playground Games patched the stability issues associated with the microphone. BUT, their patch didn't seem to fully address the issue as if microphone is disabled and play online Co-Op with other PCs which also has the microphone disabled in Windows 10 settings (and perhaps, also these Co-Op people are under same network), then, these people experience random disconnection from online Co-Op session.

Anyway, after enabling the microphone settings in the Windows 10 Settings last night, three PCs in my house could play Forza Horizon 3 Online Co-Op together for 3 hours without any disconnection.
I sincerely hope this solution helps someone out there. And I also hope Playground Games and/or Turn 10 addresses this issue through future patch.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:02:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EVO2point0 Go to Quoted Post

Here's an update. I've finally found the cause of random disconnection and sorted out.

You need to "enable" microphone in the Windows 10 settings.
Windows START -> Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone.
Picture here. http://i.imgur.com/C0yUEBN.png

Our PCs (Three PCs with Forza Horizon 3 installed) all had that microphone disabled (OFF). Because when Forza Horizon 3 released September last year, Forza Horizon 3 had stability issues (crash to desktop) if microphone was enabled in Windows 10 Settings. So, when I clean installed Windows 10, I just disabled the microphone in Windows settings. Sometime after release, I think Playground Games patched the stability issues associated with the microphone. BUT, their patch didn't seem to fully address the issue as if microphone is disabled and play online Co-Op with other PCs which also has the microphone disabled in Windows 10 settings (and perhaps, also these Co-Op people are under same network), then, these people experience random disconnection from online Co-Op session.

Anyway, after enabling the microphone settings in the Windows 10 Settings last night, three PCs in my house could play Forza Horizon 3 Online Co-Op together for 3 hours without any disconnection.
I sincerely hope this solution helps someone out there. And I also hope Playground Games and/or Turn 10 addresses this issue through future patch.

#7 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:37:13 PM(UTC)
Hello, yesterday i found a fix for the disconnecting problem.
This fix worked for me and my friend and our problem was that we couldn't play online for more than 20 minutes before the game crashed or disconnected. So here are the steps:

1. Click Start , type services.msc in Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Right-click the Peer Networking Grouping service and select Properties .
3. Check if the service is started; if not, right-click and select Start .
4. You may also set the Startup type to Automatic under Properties .
5. Click OK .
and restart the computer. if that dosent work. do this to.
. Run command Prompt as administrator
2. Type "netsh" and press enter
3. Type "int teredo" and press enter
4. Type "set state disabled" and press enter
5. Type "int ipv6" and press enter
6. Type "set teredo client" and press enter
And u are all set.
Hope this works
/Isak

Notification

Icon
Error