This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:55:26 AM(UTC)
Game keeps crashing to desktop for multiplayer. I can't go into the public hoppers or it just crashes out to desktop. Is there some sort of ports I need to manually open or something?

I have no issue running the game in single player with a good frame rate.

Edited by user Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:37:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:59:33 AM(UTC)
Not really, just make sure you did not set the various xboxlive services to disabled via some third party "optimizer" tools.
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:13:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndyPandy2244 Go to Quoted Post
Not really, just make sure you did not set the various xboxlive services to disabled via some third party "optimizer" tools.

How do I check this?

#4 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:33:44 AM(UTC)
"win+r" than type "services.msc" and scroll down to the "xbox live ..." entries, make sure none is set to "disabled". If they are set them to manual/auto.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:58:59 AM(UTC)
Going to try this again tomorrow. Just noticed Norton antivirus running in the background. I would not be surprised if that was making stuff act up.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:51:17 AM(UTC)
Yes!!!!! It was the anti virus software. I turned all the features off on Multiplayer worked perfectly. No crashes to desktop.
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:34:03 PM(UTC)
I spoke too soon. Today I am not having issues again. I can get in a lobby, but as the cars are loading up, and before the race starts, it crashes to desktop.
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:48:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimsoneagle73 Go to Quoted Post
Game keeps crashing to desktop for multiplayer. I can't go into the public hoppers or it just crashes out to desktop. Is there some sort of ports I need to manually open or something?

You're not missing anything, unless you enjoy interminable waits to get into a race just to get blasted into a tire wall in the first corner.

Try putting your computer in DMZ in your router setting just to see if it's the router though, then you can see if you need to open ports or not.

#9 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 11:10:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: endresults Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Crimsoneagle73 Go to Quoted Post

You're not missing anything, unless you enjoy interminable waits to get into a race just to get blasted into a tire wall in the first corner.

Try putting your computer in DMZ in your router setting just to see if it's the router though, then you can see if you need to open ports or not.

https://www.dropshots.com/Crimso...date/2017-10-07/02:59:51

Here is a video of what happens. Everything works fine until 'waiting for cars' then it freezes (guy stops moving) and a few seconds later crashes to desktop.

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 11:15:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 12:58:21 AM(UTC)
Having the same problem... game crashes about 90% of the time when in multiplayer. Always happens when in Cars are loading part.
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 1:53:54 AM(UTC)
For me, it gets into the lobby, I wait for the ongoing race to finish, then after waiting for like 5 minutes, it disconnects. Nice job.

Notification

Icon
Error