This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:17:50 PM(UTC)
>NEW CALC SPREADSHEET HERE< PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

I am very happy to announce that we now have a working mobile friendly web app, made by the amazing Nedge2k, from my spreadsheet workings.

>NEW MOBILE WEB APP HERE <
AGAIN PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

Hey folks how's it going, I have for you a guide on how to tune a car on Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon Titles, this is designed to be as simple as possible to give you a strong, reliable base to work from or to hit multiplayer with.
User friendly mainly for people starting out in tuning. My methods are not necessarily the definitive way to tune, just offering another angle to tune from. please feel free to leave feedback by dropping a comment below.
My spreadsheet is designed to work along side the guide and involve you more in the tuning process, or if you prefer to tune and go this will get you well on your way.

NOTE spreadsheet may appear on a live Web page it is advisable to download or save it if you can from the Web page. You should have no problem viewing on Excel offline. Usable on your mobile as well if you have an app that allows you to read Excel files on your device.

>GUIDE IN DOC< This is the link to the guide as a word and pdf document.

Thanks for reading guys, don't forget to drop a comment and a like on the post if you find this use full, positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.
See you on track ;)

USER REVIEWS
Originally Posted by: OdinThe1337 Go to Quoted Post
Just dit some testing:
Personal build - stock tune: 1:43.xxx
Same build - calculator 1:40.xxx
Same build - own setup with 1h of testing 1:38.xxx

So yes, can confirm the calculator works. Makes a massive differences in no time at all. Tweaking from the calculator you can improve further as well.
But was tuning for a competition so decided to go my own way.

Surely would recommend the calculator, makes a massive difference from stock.


Originally Posted by: SpyderS2K Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing this. Calculator does a fantastic job getting a car up to snuff. It's nice to just plug in a few numbers and have all the info you need.


Originally Posted by: Lexandro Albion Go to Quoted Post
Very nice calc. Got me a good clean baseline for a couple of cars I had issues with. Gets my seal of approval. Best one for FM7 so far imo.


Originally Posted by: outkast6 ACTUAL Go to Quoted Post
Using the newest calculator... it is GREAT... just like every other calculator you've published!!! Thanks for allowing us to utilize something so beneficial... your generosity and hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

Outkast 6
U.S. Marine Corps (ret.)

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:50:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: NEW MOBILE FRIENDLY WEB APP UPDATE 1.0.5

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:22:55 PM(UTC)
Links are not working yet, fixing it now.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:29:13 PM(UTC)
Links fixed
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:33:16 AM(UTC)
If anyone has any questions just let me know 👍😉

Edited by user Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:34:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:13:21 PM(UTC)
Thx for the update, will give it a try over the weekend and give some feedback.
Usually helps a lot getting a proper balanced base setup to work with, looking forward to test your FM7 update.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:45:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdinThe1337 Go to Quoted Post
Thx for the update, will give it a try over the weekend and give some feedback.
Usually helps a lot getting a proper balanced base setup to work with, looking forward to test your FM7 update.


Good stuff man 👍
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:46:31 AM(UTC)
Just had a quick looks and it seems good for getting a decent base, though the Lower spring rate doesn't seem to be editable.
Ryzen 1700x @4.0 GHz
Prime X370-PRO
16GB Corsair 3000 MHz
Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 OC'd
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:06:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Im2Mad4You Go to Quoted Post
Just had a quick looks and it seems good for getting a decent base, though the Lower spring rate doesn't seem to be editable.


Yea that's it job lol to get a good base, I'll take a look you should just be able to click on the white box and edit the values. I'll take a look now.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:08:44 AM(UTC)
Nice to see changes for FM7 so quickly. Can you explain why the roll bars are so different and why? or is it in your doc already?

The metric table doesn't seem to make sense though, can you figure out what went wrong here?
table screenshot with weird values

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 6:09:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:53:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Im2Mad4You Go to Quoted Post
Just had a quick looks and it seems good for getting a decent base, though the Lower spring rate doesn't seem to be editable.


Yea that's it job lol to get a good base, I'll take a look you should just be able to click on the white box and edit the values. I'll take a look now.


So I found the issue thanks for pointing it out. I'm try to save the changes atm but it's saying it is locked for editing. I believe that people are using it atm that is stopping me from saving it lol so it's a waiting game.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:59:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThaJay236 Go to Quoted Post
Nice to see changes for FM7 so quickly. Can you explain why the roll bars are so different and why? or is it in your doc already?

The metric table doesn't seem to make sense though, can you figure out what went wrong here?
table screenshot with weird values


It looks like you may of put in the incorrect format for the Front%, try expressing it as decimal point, ie 0.53, the calculation will automatically calculate the rear and return the opposite value 0.47. You will see your result in the ARB section.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:53:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
[quote=GTR CesarsWrath;790958][quote=Im2Mad4You;790857]Just had a quick looks and it seems good for getting a decent base, though the Lower spring rate doesn't seem to be editable.


Issue resolved 👍
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:39:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
try expressing it as decimal point, ie 0.53
Of course, I did not think of that because google sheets can bet set to %. I will have a play around.

Also, just built a drift S15 and I noticed not that the anti roll bars should be that much softer, but the suspension needed to be that much harder to not bottom out at a very low ride height. I used my own calculator that I developed for FH3 for this one (click), and these are the values that rolled out after some driving and tweaking. Front ride height is about 2-3 clicks above lowest and rear a bit over a cm higher than front.
S15 Silvia drift tune

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:12:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThaJay236 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
try expressing it as decimal point, ie 0.53
Of course, I did not think of that because google sheets can bet set to %. I will have a play around.

Also, just built a drift S15 and I noticed not that the anti roll bars should be that much softer, but the suspension needed to be that much harder to not bottom out at a very low ride height. I used my own calculator that I developed for FH3 for this one (click), and these are the values that rolled out after some driving and tweaking. Front ride height is about 2-3 clicks above lowest and rear a bit over a cm higher than front.
S15 Silvia drift tune


Nice Dude, unless your one in the same person, that sheet of yours is based of Clark Griswold's sheet, its looks identical, which in turn is based of my older workings lol. The ARB's are different though.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:15:38 AM(UTC)
Another question, I noticed 'lower spring rate' is missing in the metric version of your sheet. Is it not needed in metric?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:34:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThaJay236 Go to Quoted Post
Another question, I noticed 'lower spring rate' is missing in the metric version of your sheet. Is it not needed in metric?


Its not absolutely necessary, if you like the feel of the car with that calculation included, then you can just add it manually to the metric version.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:58:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
that sheet of yours is based of Clark Griswold's sheet, its looks identical, which in turn is based of my older workings lol. The ARB's are different though.


Sorry I did not see your other reply earlier.
Yes this sheet is indeed based off of his sheet which originated in your FH3 topic I also took part in. I think you even added the link to that OP at some point. My changes are mostly to have a more complete way to customise the tune.

I will build and tune more cars later using your sheet and also my own and report back the results, if I find more or different things that seem to work for FM7.

Are there any significant changes to your work since then I should take into account?

btw - the FM7 physics feel soo good :)

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 10:01:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 11:06:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThaJay236 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
that sheet of yours is based of Clark Griswold's sheet, its looks identical, which in turn is based of my older workings lol. The ARB's are different though.


Sorry I did not see your other reply earlier.
Yes this sheet is indeed based off of his sheet which originated in your FH3 topic I also took part in. I think you even added the link to that OP at some point. My changes are mostly to have a more complete way to customise the tune.

I will build and tune more cars later using your sheet and also my own and report back the results, if I find more or different things that seem to work for FM7.

Are there any significant changes to your work since then I should take into account?

btw - the FM7 physics feel soo good :)

Yeah thought so lol sounds good. And nothing major.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:55:20 AM(UTC)
I can't seem to get the PDF download mate, is there an issue on your end? As it says that 'it's no longer available' or something similar.

Can you give me a little advice please.

Why do most of the so-called race-ready cars handling like shopping trolleys on ice. Understeering everywhere, or doing complete flip outs and spins when simoly approaching a simple bend or corner, with the nose understeering dramatically, then whipping back and forth, then you end up in a couple of 360's or slamming into a wall, causing serious drivetrain damage.

Some simply dont even turn around a normal bend. Like running one of the touring rigs (let's say the Volvo touring race car) in the Dubai Tunnel. It's almost impossible for the off-the-shelf car to negotiate thebsim0le bend...

Any ideas why these things occur . .?hanks mate . . . OZ

Edited by user Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:58:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
I can't seem to get the PDF download mate, is there an issue on your end? As it says that 'it's no longer available' or something similar.

Can you give me a little advice please.

Why do most of the so-called race-ready cars handling like shopping trolleys on ice. Understeering everywhere, or doing complete flip outs and spins when simoly approaching a simple bend or corner, with the nose understeering dramatically, then whipping back and forth, then you end up in a couple of 360's or slamming into a wall, causing serious drivetrain damage.

Some simply dont even turn around a normal bend. Like running one of the touring rigs (let's say the Volvo touring race car) in the Dubai Tunnel. It's almost impossible for the off-the-shelf car to negotiate thebsim0le bend...

Any ideas why these things occur . .?hanks mate . . . OZ


I'll take a look at the PDF bit thanks for letting me know, does the word doc work for you?
I assume by race ready you mean the Homolagated cars? The parts that the game puts on is just like the auto upgrade feature on previous titles, it doesn't necessarily put the best upgrades on the car.
So to be frank your are better off doing your own upgrades.
The new Homolagated system is designed to make the racing closer, but it is even more important to make sure you put the right parts on the car to get the most out of it.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:39:35 AM(UTC)
Links should now be fixed 👍
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:45:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
Links should now be fixed 👍


Yep, works fine now mate, thanks.

Yeah, by race-ready, I'm meaning the race cars that you buy or acquire. Do they automatically homogalatr even those.? I would have thought they should be ready to race in their respective classes soon as you got them, not bump them up into another class?

Am I right or off base?

OZ
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 5:03:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
Links should now be fixed 👍


Yep, works fine now mate, thanks.

Yeah, by race-ready, I'm meaning the race cars that you buy or acquire. Do they automatically homogalatr even those.? I would have thought they should be ready to race in their respective classes soon as you got them, not bump them up into another class?

Am I right or off base?

OZ


Ok I see what mean, some if the GT cars will have parts automatically done, others will be closer to stock because of there base PI already.
In the terms of how they handle, all I can say is because Forza Logic! I've been getting a Lambo Hurracan ready for competition.
At stock tune the thing is horrible slide all over the place. Others understeer like mad, which is kind of frustrating because these cars in reality most likely won't handle like that. But again Forza gives reality the middle middle finger.
Most issues can be tuned out of these car, but sometimes require extreme measures in the tune to do so.
The BMW Z4 and both the Corvettes feel really nice at stock. But get the most out if them changes will need to made.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 2:28:33 PM(UTC)
Well I did not get much racing and tuning in, but dit give it a try.
Manages to get a solid base with a decent balance, unlike the default settings that are all over the place as usual.
Homologation parts are terrible as well, just like auto upgrade in the previous installments.

Would recommend it for people who are struggling to get the cars to handle.

I went back to scratch and setup my own stuff. Due to lack of time did not run my own tune vs this vs different calculator on the same car with the same build to check balance and laptimes. Will try that as well and report back.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 5:31:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdinThe1337 Go to Quoted Post
Well I did not get much racing and tuning in, but dit give it a try.
Manages to get a solid base with a decent balance, unlike the default settings that are all over the place as usual.
Homologation parts are terrible as well, just like auto upgrade in the previous installments.

Would recommend it for people who are struggling to get the cars to handle.

I went back to scratch and setup my own stuff. Due to lack of time did not run my own tune vs this vs different calculator on the same car with the same build to check balance and laptimes. Will try that as well and report back.



Nice man, appreciate it. Yep you exactly right with the homologation system, better to do it yourself.
Looking forward to hearing the results 👍
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error