5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:05:43 AM(UTC)
Whether or not loot boxes and/or tokens are cynical depends on one thing.

If you can complete the game and collect every car with only earned in game currency then they are no more than a short cut and as such there's no need to get hysterical.

If, on the other hand, to complete a game or stand any chance of winning you have to spend real cash then fire away.

At this stage it's my impression that tokens are not required to access all of the cars and features of FM7.
 4 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:21:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

If you can complete the game and collect every car with only earned in game currency then they are no more than a short cut and as such there's no need to get hysterical.

If, on the other hand, to complete a game or stand any chance of winning you have to spend real cash then fire away.

At this stage it's my impression that tokens are not required to access all of the cars and features of FM7.

Absolutely incorrect. In every possible way.
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:23:10 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't actually call it gambling.

You stake real currency(which is still speculation atm.) Then accumulate nothing real world by winning but some pixalated image.

Its just using peoples immaturity of real money and exploiting them.

Not sure which is worse.
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:10:38 AM(UTC)
Even if it's not using real money it still has the same effects on the brain as gambling, that's why I hate it.

I see people justify microtransactions by saying that games cost money and developers need to be paid. That is completely correct in free to play games, but it's not for a full priced game. Forza has a lot of DLC too anyway.

Even though Jim uses some colourful language, his points are still valid. If we accept loot boxes now, they'll only be worse in the next Forza. Companies exist to make money and if they feel they can get away with removing features and putting them behind a paywall they will. If I remember correctly Porsche were in FM2 and FM3 for no extra cost but you had to buy DLC to get them in FM4.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:22:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post
Even if it's not using real money it still has the same effects on the brain as gambling, that's why I hate it.

I see people justify microtransactions by saying that games cost money and developers need to be paid. That is completely correct in free to play games, but it's not for a full priced game. Forza has a lot of DLC too anyway.

Even though Jim uses some colourful language, his points are still valid. If we accept loot boxes now, they'll only be worse in the next Forza. Companies exist to make money and if they feel they can get away with removing features and putting them behind a paywall they will. If I remember correctly Porsche were in FM2 and FM3 for no extra cost but you had to buy DLC to get them in FM4.
The Porsche thing was because T10 lost the license to EA,they came to terms for a one time deal for Porsche,which is why it was DLC.

4 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:37:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: asm1983 Go to Quoted Post

It's difficult to argue with your reasons for disagreeing as judging by your post you don't appear to have any.

Try expanding on your line of reasoning, it makes for a better debate.
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:44:43 AM(UTC)

It's difficult to argue with your reasons for disagreeing as judging by your post you don't appear to have any.

Try expanding on your line of reasoning, it makes for a better debate.
He has to much Jim Sterling brown on his nose.

1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:35:21 AM(UTC)

No, it isn't. Tokens will NOT be required to purchase crates, meaning you don't have to spend real money to buy and open the crates.

Are crates a shortcut for every car? Technically no, as there appear to be cars that MAY be locked behind crates. Again, we don't know this either and are assuming they won't be offered up as Forzathon/Rivals prizes. Is it a possibility they are locked behind crates? Yes, but has anybody proven there are cars that are ONLY accessible from the crates?
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:03:45 AM(UTC)
Some exclusively single player games that have loot boxes and microtransactions implemented have skewed their economies to make them more appealing. While it's still possible to get everything without spending extra, it's harder or takes longer than it would have previously.

Even if you think they don't affect Forza 7 that much, I'm fairly certain the removal of bonuses from assists and the inclusion of driver gear are a result of loot boxes in the game. I'm certain if nobody or not enough complain now they will have a bigger effect/importance in upcoming Forza games.
 3 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:39:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Agree?

[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Inappropriate link removed)]

Apologies, but this website is for an E for Everyone/Pegi 3+ rated game and this forum allows posters as young as 13. The link you posted is to material that were you to post of transcript of to the forums would earn you an instant permanent ban.

Funny coming from someone who represents a company whom is encouraging gambling by minors with the crate system... And don't say it's only in-game currency, you know it is set up to use tokens like in the last few games.

This game is turning into the mobile game you have to pay $80.00 for!
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:42:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PublicSafety Go to Quoted Post
Agree?

Apologies, but this website is for an E for Everyone/Pegi 3+ rated game and this forum allows posters as young as 13. The link you posted is to material that were you to post of transcript of to the forums would earn you an instant permanent ban.

Funny coming from someone who represents a company whom is encouraging gambling by minors with the crate system... And don't say it's only in-game currency, you know it is set up to use tokens like in the last few games.

They have also stated that tokens can be turned off, meaning they won't be required. So yes, it can be done using only in-game currency.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

4 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:52:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Agree?

They have also stated that tokens can be turned off, meaning they won't be required. So yes, it can be done using only in-game currency.

Irrelevant if it can or cannot be completed with in-game currencies. The crate system in any game is a shallow and despicable way to introduce pay for nothing get nothing gambling. Not just introducing it to minors.

But my issue was with a a T10 rep having a problem with introducing foul language to a child but not gambling... So there is that.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:53:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:58:03 AM(UTC)
Some people just find hard to understant what gambling means..
Talking about gambling in FM7 is just ridiculous..
 9 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:24:09 AM(UTC)
I haven't logged into this forum in quite a long time, but I can't stand to just sit idly by and watch people just knee jerk and faffing about with half-hearted disgruntled arguments. By the looks of it, the lot of you couldn't form a valid opinion without someone telling you what to be angry about. There's a saying that I think applies very well to this situation and it goes something like this. "Everyone forgets what you've done good, but everyone remembers what you've done bad". The mere mention of lootboxes has everyone in such a tizzy that they've forgot how Turn 10 has handled microtransactions in the past, and lets be brutally honest here. Turn 10 and the Forza series has so far been one of the better if not the best examples of how to implement non-invasive microtransactions.

Like some of you I have been playing Forza Motorsport since the original, and ever since microtransactions were included in Forza Motorsport 4; I've never felt inclined or required to buy any tokens for any reason. Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 really couldn't resist throwing rewards at you every chance it got. In my opinion, you had to be the laziest gamer in the history of ever, to want to buy and use Forza tokens for as much content that Turn 10 just up and gave you for simply playing through the game. In Forza Horizon 3 I had every car I could possibly want to collect within a few days of moderate play.

Ironically, one of the criticisms of the Forza series after Forza 5 was that the game was too liberal with rewards and payouts. And now that they've culled back the bonus rewards, shifting them over to consumable reward cards; everyone is conveniantly loosing their mind over this. And okay, so they're hid behind "lootboxes", that as far as I'm aware; can't currently be bought with real money until Turn 10 has found a balance for the Forza economy... And that you're likely still going to be able to buy with credits you earn in game, and further more; likely to earn when you level up. Even with all these changes, Turn 10 in regards to microtransactions; has earned enough good will that you really should just sit on your hands and see how it's going to play out in practice before loosing control of your bowels and flinging your waste all over everyone and everything.

And lastly, for children and gambling... No, no shame on Turn 10. Shame on YOU for being an irresponsible parent. It's YOUR duty as a parent to observe your child's behavior and to help the understand the world around them. Shame on you for just plonking them at a console and letting that box do your parenting for you. It's quite clear that any engagement in real world financial transactions should be handled by a responsible adult, if you're letting your little 10 year old Johnny go hog wild with your credit card information; THATS ON YOU!!! No one else BUT YOU. You're a terrible parent, and honestly CPS should be involved.

Pull your heads out of your collective bowels, take a breath, quit acting like sheep, take some bloody responsibility; and STOP RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Johnboy, Billy... yall have a nice day.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:27:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
 3 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:34:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shay Feral Go to Quoted Post
I haven't logged into this forum in quite a long time, but I can't stand to just sit idly by and watch people just knee jerk and faffing about with half-hearted disgruntled arguments. By the looks of it, the lot of you couldn't form a valid opinion without someone telling you what to be angry about. There's a saying that I think applies very well to this situation and it goes something like this. "Everyone forgets what you've done good, but everyone remembers what you've done bad". The mere mention of lootboxes has everyone in such a tizzy that they've forgot how Turn 10 has handled microtransactions in the past, and lets be brutally honest here. Turn 10 and the Forza series has so far been one of the better if not the best examples of how to implement non-invasive microtransactions.

Like some of you I have been playing Forza Motorsport since the original, and ever since microtransactions were included in Forza Motorsport 4; I've never felt inclined or required to buy any tokens for any reason. Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 really couldn't resist throwing rewards at you every chance it got. In my opinion, you had to be the laziest gamer in the history of ever, to want to buy and use Forza tokens for as much content that Turn 10 just up and gave you for simply playing through the game. In Forza Horizon 3 I had every car I could possibly want to collect within a few days of moderate play.

Ironically, one of the criticisms of the Forza series after Forza 5 was that the game was too liberal with rewards and payouts. And now that they've culled back the bonus rewards, shifting them over to consumable reward cards; everyone is conveniantly loosing their mind over this. And okay, so they're hid behind "lootboxes", that as far as I'm aware; can't currently be bought with real money until Turn 10 has found a balance for the Forza economy... And that you're likely still going to be able to buy with credits you earn in game, and further more; likely to earn when you level up. Even with all these changes, Turn 10 in regards to microtransactions; has earned enough good will that you really should just sit on your hands and see how it's going to play out in practice before loosing control of your bowels and flinging your waste all over everyone and everything.

And lastly, for children and gambling... No, no shame on Turn 10. Shame on YOU for being an irresponsible parent. It's YOUR duty as a parent to observe your child's behavior and to help the understand the world around them. Shame on you for just plonking them at a console and letting that box do your parenting for you. It's quite clear that any engagement in real world financial transactions should be handled by a responsible adult, if you're letting your little 10 year old Johnny go hog wild with your credit card information; THATS ON YOU!!! No one else BUT YOU. You're a terrible parent, and honestly CPS should be involved.

Pull your heads out of your collective bowels, take a breath, quit acting like sheep, take some bloody responsibility; and STOP RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy. So much...

It has nothing to do with children having credit card information. And by your own argument, good parents won't let their kids play Forza 7, if they know about the in-game system, even though it is rated-E. It is about loot crate systems being bad. And yes it is gambling!

#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:41:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
I absolutely know what I'm talking about. It's quite rude to tell me that I don't. And then put a :) after it.

Sorry to break this to you, but you don't know what you're talking about :)

Apology accepted.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:44:03 AM(UTC)

Oh boy. So much...

It has nothing to do with children having credit card information. And by your own argument, good parents won't let their kids play Forza 7, if they know about the in-game system, even though it is rated-E. It is about loot crate systems being bad. And yes it is gambling!

No, it's not about gambling. It's a convenient petty moral argument that you're lurching onto because you can't be buggered to come up with an original cohesive thought, much less an argument on the subject. If you were even remotely capable of doing so, then you'd be able to recognize that even by my own arguments; little Johnny could still play Forza Motorsport 7, if you as the parent took the time to actually be a parent and have a discussion about gambling and supervise your child's gaming habits, like you should!

But no... That's not an option at all!

If I roll my eyes any harder I'm gonna start doing aileron rolls.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:45:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:47:32 AM(UTC)

I like your reasoning at level 100 now I have been trying to keep up with the cars awarded with leveling up, with so many available I have had to skip a few that I couldn't afford, but I haven't had a duplicate either. I recall seeing a post where someone was awarded the chance to purchase a locked car but I have no first hand knowledge of this yet.

Time will tell I am still not a fan of the random chance crates as they are no more than scratchers at the gas station, regardless of how they are paid for.

If it is revealed that all the locked cars can be unlocked through leveling I will be pleased.

I'm not happy with the removal of the passive VIP double credit that has been with the game for a long time but this is the market we live in, Forza 7 is the only title this past 6 months I have purchased with this horrible business model.
 2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:51:06 AM(UTC)
Its not gambling,with gambling you are not sure you are going to win anything,with the loot crates,you are sure you are getting something,you just don't know what but you DO get something.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:17:45 AM(UTC)
Quote:
"No, it's not about gambling. It's a convenient petty moral argument that you're lurching onto because you can't be buggered to come up with an original cohesive thought, much less an argument on the subject. If you were even remotely capable of doing so, then you'd be able to recognize that even by my own arguments; little Johnny could still play Forza Motorsport 7, if you as the parent took the time to actually be a parent and have a discussion about gambling and supervise your child's gaming habits, like you should!

If I roll my eyes any harder I'm gonna start doing aileron rolls."

Even excluding the argument that it's gambling, I still think there's lots of other issues with the loot crate implementation.

Do you think the loot crates make the game better? Do you think removing the bonuses we got in every game for turning off assists and putting them inside the loot boxes was a good idea? Do you think if they're successful now, that the next Forza game will rely on them more heavily?

I see lots of people complain they're added (for various reasons), I see people say they're ok because they're not needed, but I don't see anybody say "I'm so happy they added loot crates"

Edited by user Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:21:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:37:33 AM(UTC)
Quote:
"No, it's not about gambling. It's a convenient petty moral argument that you're lurching onto because you can't be buggered to come up with an original cohesive thought, much less an argument on the subject. If you were even remotely capable of doing so, then you'd be able to recognize that even by my own arguments; little Johnny could still play Forza Motorsport 7, if you as the parent took the time to actually be a parent and have a discussion about gambling and supervise your child's gaming habits, like you should!

Even excluding the argument that it's gambling, I still think there's lots of other issues with the loot crate implementation.

Do you think the loot crates make the game better? Do you think removing the bonuses we got in every game for turning off assists and putting them inside the loot boxes was a good idea? Do you think if they're successful now, that the next Forza game will rely on them more heavily?

I see lots of people complain they're added (for various reasons), I see people say they're ok because they're not needed, but I don't see anybody say "I'm so happy they added loot crates"

1: Actually, in concept I think random loot boxes could add to the Forza experience. One of my criticisms of the Forza series is that it takes a remarkably short amount of time for credits to become a rather non-issue, and often feel like there isn't enough to do with my millions of credits but to buy copies of my favorite cars and make different builds. That alone can only hold entertainment value for so long, and then Forza becomes a game that I simply boot up to bomb around a track for a few minutes; maybe do a few races... and then put down.

Having something else to spend my in-game credits on, even for random chance content; is not unwelcome.

2: My sole complaint with Turn 10 removing rewards for turning off assists is that it removes incentive for new players to challenge themselves. However, since I'm a hermit and I don't play Forza online except with friends in private sessions; how other people play the game and why is really no skin off of my nose. Them culling back rewards so I don't have a mountain of credits in two hours of gameplay is a welcome change, frankly.

3: People complain about anything and everything, whining about microtransations is in vogue these days. People cry at the mere mention of microtransactions, even completely ignoring the fact that the way Turn 10 has handled microtransactions in the past have been extremely non-invasive for those who don't wish to participate. With the way Turn 10 has historically handled microtransactions, as far as I'm concerned; these people complaining about microtransactions is like complaining that your local burger joint has salads on the menu. Nothing has ever been locked behind Turn 10's microtransactions, you've never needed to buy them to get that one car you've always wanted. It's always been a method to skip the grind, for the lazy players with the income to burn.

So no, these people complaining; as far as I care, do not have valid opinions. Because in a practical sense, they're harping because other people are harping because someone else told them to harp.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:39:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
I don't recall this much whining about mod packs in Forza 6, or the perk that let you literally buy wheel spins in Horizon 3
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:18:14 AM(UTC)
Quote:

1: Actually, in concept I think random loot boxes could add to the Forza experience. One of my criticisms of the Forza series is that it takes a remarkably short amount of time for credits to become a rather non-issue, and often feel like there isn't enough to do with my millions of credits but to buy copies of my favorite cars and make different builds. That alone can only hold entertainment value for so long, and then Forza becomes a game that I simply boot up to bomb around a track for a few minutes; maybe do a few races... and then put down.

Having something else to spend my in-game credits on, even for random chance content; is not unwelcome.

2: My sole complaint with Turn 10 removing rewards for turning off assists is that it removes incentive for new players to challenge themselves. However, since I'm a hermit and I don't play Forza online except with friends in private sessions; how other people play the game and why is really no skin off of my nose. Them culling back rewards so I don't have a mountain of credits in two hours of gameplay is a welcome change, frankly.

3: People complain about anything and everything, whining about microtransations is in vogue these days. People cry at the mere mention of microtransactions, even completely ignoring the fact that the way Turn 10 has handled microtransactions in the past have been extremely non-invasive for those who don't wish to participate. With the way Turn 10 has historically handled microtransactions, as far as I'm concerned; these people complaining about microtransactions is like complaining that your local burger joint has salads on the menu. Nothing has ever been locked behind Turn 10's microtransactions, you've never needed to buy them to get that one car you've always wanted. It's always been a method to skip the grind, for the lazy players with the income to burn.

So no, these people complaining; as far as I care, do not have valid opinions. Because in a practical sense, they're harping because other people are harping because someone else told them to harp.

I'm playing Forza Motorsport 2 again right now and I wouldn't say credits are that easy to come by. It looks like I'll have to repeat a good few races to get all the cars. In FM4 it was apparent that credits, cars and upgrades had become much easier to get. I can see why you'd want to put more effort in to get rewarded, I don't think it's very exciting or rewarding to have cars and money thrown at you like candy.

I still think if Turn 10 don't get flak for the loot boxes it would get worse in the next iteration, maybe they won't, but I don't really trust a developer especially one under Microsoft's pressure. Every Forza game seems to get higher amounts of DLC and the recent change of VIP wasn't very trustworthy was it? So why would loot boxes be exempt from the same practices?
 2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:24:02 AM(UTC)
I'm not a fan of what Turn 10 is doing with the crates in FM7. I didn't mind the mod packs in FM6. The mods weren't an integral part of the game. In other words, I didn't buy FM6 for access to the mods, I bought it for the cars.

It appears that the only way to get some cars in FM7 is by buying crates. I'm not a fan of this. If I want a car in the game I should be able to buy it with in game credits or real world cash. Would anyone go to a car dealership and spend $50,000 for a car not knowing if they would get a Yugo or a Ferrari? Would you do this if it was the only way to buy a Ferrari? Obviously, this would not happen in real life but it is what is happening in the game.

I don't mind crates having gear and cars. I just don't like it being the only way to get the gear and cars.

I'm also trying to figure out the badges. Why are they in the crates? They should be symbols of what you've accomplished like in the boy/girl scouts.
 3 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:29:57 AM(UTC)
After this thread,i wish I had never heard of Jim Sterling!!!
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error