4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:46:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jace Juggernaut Go to Quoted Post

...and 7 will be eternally marked as the low point in the series as a result!

... one man's opinion ...

Here's another but it's mine... Forza 7 is significantly better than 5 or 6 were on pretty much every front.

We all have difference of opinions, but mod crates are not some horrible thing that somehow ruin the game. If you don't like them, you simply don't touch them.

The career in 7 so much better than 5 and 6. I couldn't help myself to play everyday until I finish the elite career in 7. I still haven't finished 5 or 6 because of how lousy they were set up and the lack of flexibility and desire to move forward.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:43:14 AM(UTC)

LOL at the career. The career has been the same every Forza, check off a box and move to the next. They are all a series of unrelated races with little to no stakes involved in each one. I'm still not sure why you think FM7's career is so flexible... you must run this car, built more or less one way, on these tracks, get your check mark, rinse and repeat.

As for mod crates, they effect how the game was made, so they affect how you play the game whether you buy them or not. They are put there SPECIFICALLY as a credit sink to encourage you by tokens when they show up. Can you play without ever buying one? Sure. But that doesnt mean they havent affected gameplay.
 4 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:24:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: P00hhead Go to Quoted Post

LOL at the career. The career has been the same every Forza, check off a box and move to the next. They are all a series of unrelated races with little to no stakes involved in each one. I'm still not sure why you think FM7's career is so flexible... you must run this car, built more or less one way, on these tracks, get your check mark, rinse and repeat.

There are two changes that, for me at least, have made the single player mode much more enjoyable compared to 5 or 6.

1. The removal of the need to finish 1st (in FM5) or 3rd or higher (in FM6). Some high performance cars give me trouble, so not having to worry about "winning" those races is a big plus.

2. The ability to change the race length. Before I started FM7, I wouldn't have guessed how much this seemingly tiny change would improve my enjoyment of the game. No more having to bash your way to the front of the pack in 2 to 3 laps. I can race on higher difficulties, and can hang back a bit on the first couple of turns if demolition derby seems likely. And, when a track/car combo that I don't like comes up I can shorten the race back down to standard.

Originally Posted by: P00hhead Go to Quoted Post

As for mod crates, they effect how the game was made, so they affect how you play the game whether you buy them or not. They are put there SPECIFICALLY as a credit sink to encourage you by tokens when they show up. Can you play without ever buying one? Sure. But that doesnt mean they havent affected gameplay

Well, they haven't affected mine.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:25:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 5:36:58 PM(UTC)
my strategy is simple. I buy two 30k mod packs a week, I race one race a day sometimes two ( I don't have a lot of free time). usually I take a random car I haven't driven yet and do either 20 laps on road America or 35 laps on road Atlanta. at the end of the race I end up with 350k-500k depending on the mods I use. in a weeks time I make enough credits to buy all the cars from the specialty dealer and gain 3 collector levels (currently at 31).

in short. if you don't race long races mods aren't for you.
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:32:10 PM(UTC)
I have purchased a few crates now since the change from 50k. I get 1 Expert and 1 Master and have no complaints in fact for the CR it works out better IMO. They removed the Perfect Passing I believe and wish they didn't because those that do not want to use them can sell them back but it is not the end of the world and I will suffer in silence. Quiet as a mouse.
Usually hanging out at position 12 so you will need to look in your rearview mirror to see me.
#56 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 6:57:39 AM(UTC)
Well here is my experience opening a few ones again yesterday:

Buy driver gear crates: everything already owned, yet i still try to open them because i still want some super rare or legendaries. Opened a red ninja yesterday after buying 4 crates. Note that the red ninja was the only driver gear out of the 4 crates with 6 driver gears in them that i did not own yet.

Buy the 140k car crate: Pretty much every car i do not own yet, most of the time they are low end cars. Some people might find this unjustified for the price the crates cost. However i am happy i get cars i don't own yet. Low end or not, some are extremely enjoyable or popular, like i got my self a new subaru wrx. Open another one, get a new brand spanking Ferrari LaFerarri, however unfortunately i already own this one, but hey at least it worth 605k credits, making the bought cases profitable in an instant.

Driver gear: if you like it and try to collect everything, expect to cough up money regularly because super rares and legendaries don't drop as much as other rarities, obviously.
Car crates: Always a chance to make your money back in a single case, however expect more low end cars than high ones, which again is not a weird practice considering its all up to chance. If you are a collector, you will be happy nonetheless as long as you get a new vehicle that you dont own yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 7:11:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SjaakSoewarte Go to Quoted Post

Buy driver gear crates: everything already owned, yet i still try to open them because i still want some super rare or legendaries. Opened a red ninja yesterday after buying 4 crates. Note that the red ninja was the only driver gear out of the 4 crates with 6 driver gears in them that i did not own yet.

Buy the 140k car crate: Pretty much every car i do not own yet, most of the time they are low end cars. Some people might find this unjustified for the price the crates cost. However i am happy i get cars i don't own yet. Low end or not, some are extremely enjoyable or popular, like i got my self a new subaru wrx. Open another one, get a new brand spanking Ferrari LaFerarri, however unfortunately i already own this one, but hey at least it worth 605k credits, making the bought cases profitable in an instant.

Driver gear: if you like it and try to collect everything, expect to cough up money regularly because super rares and legendaries don't drop as much as other rarities, obviously.
Car crates: Always a chance to make your money back in a single case, however expect more low end cars than high ones, which again is not a weird practice considering its all up to chance. If you are a collector, you will be happy nonetheless as long as you get a new vehicle that you dont own yet.

or you could spend 140k on 3 or 4 Tier 1 cars you don't own ;0)
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#58 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 7:27:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SjaakSoewarte Go to Quoted Post

or you could spend 140k on 3 or 4 Tier 1 cars you don't own ;0)

I could yes, but that makes the game "progress" way too fast. I sometimes buy cars i really want to drive or seen in a movie or whatever the occasion at that time may be. Besides cars this game has nothing to offer, its all circuits unlike FH3. Which can be a good or bad thing, depends what you like.
I owned every car in FH3 and tuned pretty much every car for myself to be able to create some new excitement every time i started the game unlike many people who always race the same cars because either its overpowered or best choice for the track.

The same reason i haven't completed the campaign yet, i dont want to finish it in 3 days with each track having 2/3 laps. I prefer to have the races on a longer timer so it actually takes some time to finish up.

Maybe i just want my 100€ well spent? :P
#59 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 7:38:05 AM(UTC)
Run long races n u get at least 100k from mods the crates are well worth what u pay in relation to what u get back from them. I mean come on running short 3 lap races, what's the point in that. Run longer races with harder drivatars n mods n u make 200k a race all day long.
The mods are well worth it. Stop running 3 lap races and u will see this
#60 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 2:16:43 PM(UTC)
I love the new mod crate tier system. I finished 40 laps at Spa today (I'm really starting to like that extra-long setting) and, thanks to mods and VIP, got over a million credits for it. The mods accounted for over 300,000 of that. So that's 300,00 credits from one use of Master level mods, and I still get to use them 2 more times! I bought a load of cars and spent the change on 5 more crates, which included a significant number of 80%-100% mods. I suspect each crate could easily net you 200,000 to a million credit profit, depending on if you use long or extra long races.
#61 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 3:45:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shadowqueller Go to Quoted Post
If they're not worth running in "standard races" then that proves my point that they don't provide solid value. You shouldn't be forced to move over to long races or grinding Free Play modes to get returns.

The game's UI at Setup and Progression screens ASSUMES you're going to be running mods in every race. So here's hoping the economy is better balanced where there's a legitimate ROI.

There’s no enjoyment in running 2-4 lap races. You should be addressing that loss.
 4 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 3:55:13 PM(UTC)
If they're not worth running in "standard races" then that proves my point that they don't provide solid value. You shouldn't be forced to move over to long races or grinding Free Play modes to get returns.

The game's UI at Setup and Progression screens ASSUMES you're going to be running mods in every race. So here's hoping the economy is better balanced where there's a legitimate ROI.

It kills me that this fan base constantly complains about actually having to play the game. Running a long race makes it so you can actually take your time to pass the AI and race clean, the short 2 lap sprints basically involve driving down the inside of the first corner to pass 10-15 AI in one go while bouncing off of everyone and then door banging the rest of them out of the way. Last night I did a long race on COTA and followed one of the AI for a lap and a half before I got the chance to pass cleanly, it was a fun race. As for "grinding" free play, if you pick a track and car you like why is it grinding? You either enjoy playing Forza or you don't, I have never felt the need to "grind" in a Forza game.

I understand the people who don't want to/don't have the time to play the 2 hour endurance races, but in the normal career a long race is right around 20 minutes, not too hard to find 20 minutes of your time to devote to a race if you are already playing video games.
#63 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 8:29:01 PM(UTC)
The cards appear to have become dramatically better for far less credits per box.
#64 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 9:28:40 PM(UTC)
The All New Mod Craftes are a joke. Seriously a huge joke.

By definition, a mod crate would suggest that in purchasing them, especially the larger significant;y more expensive Special crates. Where you’re supposed to get. Better mods, a car or two, and some inaine badge.

Now they only offer Costumes . . Costumes . . Seriously . . How in gods green earth is getting some stupid avatar dress code going to move you forward in a game, Aquire much better cars, and get goodies that you’d expect for 180-350k credits.

Who gives a rats backside about what colours are on an avatar that no one sees, unless you sit and ponder how great you look on the top 3 podiums. . . They serve no useful purpose, yet occupy a significant proportion on each crate . ; . . Now with the all new ones, you get 4, 3 and 2 sets of suits . . And nothing much else.

Come on Turn 10, surely you can do better than this?

Has the community demanded that we get SO MANY costumes, that you’re willing to sacrifice advancement in the game . . I’m not going to waste any credits on acquiring more of the over 300 odd suits . . I have enough that I don’t use anyhow.

How many times do ppl change their avatars suit so they can win a race - none. You’re bending to a percentage of game users that are only interested in cosmetics, not game play

And even if I wanted to, I can’t even sell a single one of the 300 odd suits, yet I pay heaps of credits for them . . . How is that fair . . Simply, it’s not..

Edited by user Friday, November 24, 2017 9:31:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 9:56:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post

It kills me that this fan base constantly complains about actually having to play the game. Running a long race makes it so you can actually take your time to pass the AI and race clean, the short 2 lap sprints basically involve driving down the inside of the first corner to pass 10-15 AI in one go while bouncing off of everyone and then door banging the rest of them out of the way. Last night I did a long race on COTA and followed one of the AI for a lap and a half before I got the chance to pass cleanly, it was a fun race. As for "grinding" free play, if you pick a track and car you like why is it grinding? You either enjoy playing Forza or you don't, I have never felt the need to "grind" in a Forza game.

I understand the people who don't want to/don't have the time to play the 2 hour endurance races, but in the normal career a long race is right around 20 minutes, not too hard to find 20 minutes of your time to devote to a race if you are already playing video games.

Sad fact is, that a large percentage of players are hit-n-miss olayers. The type that want instant rewards for little input, then move onto something else that delivers that reward.

These ppl do not take a ‘rave’ seriously’ one where you have to ‘grind’ away at the course and the opposition in order to gain a position. Too bad if you have to take your time, work out the correct finger pressure to hold the car from breaking loose, to just staying on the edge of not loosing time tyre spinning.

Instead, those ppl want to barge their way through, get rid of the opposition in anyway possible, and then be rewarded with great times, no penalties and a;so gain heaps or rewards for it as well.

These ppl will never ‘get it’ . . Racing isn’t about banging doors or pushing ppl out of the way. Real,racing drivers have a code, not so in the digital world I’m afraid . .
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 12:04:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

By definition, a mod crate would suggest that in purchasing them, especially the larger significant;y more expensive Special crates. Where you’re supposed to get. Better mods, a car or two, and some inaine badge.

Now they only offer Costumes . . Costumes . . Seriously . . How in gods green earth is getting some stupid avatar dress code going to move you forward in a game, Aquire much better cars, and get goodies that you’d expect for 180-350k credits.

Who gives a rats backside about what colours are on an avatar that no one sees, unless you sit and ponder how great you look on the top 3 podiums. . . They serve no useful purpose, yet occupy a significant proportion on each crate . ; . . Now with the all new ones, you get 4, 3 and 2 sets of suits . . And nothing much else.

Has the community demanded that we get SO MANY costumes, that you’re willing to sacrifice advancement in the game . . I’m not going to waste any credits on acquiring more of the over 300 odd suits . . I have enough that I don’t use anyhow.

How many times do ppl change their avatars suit so they can win a race - none. You’re bending to a percentage of game users that are only interested in cosmetics, not game play

And even if I wanted to, I can’t even sell a single one of the 300 odd suits, yet I pay heaps of credits for them . . . How is that fair . . Simply, it’s not..

I think you're looking at the wrong crates... Mod crates contain mods, costume crates contain costumes. Sure, there are mixed crates, but why bother if all you want are mods? The new crates are fantastic, just last night I got 5 legendary cards, all 90 or 100%. I haven't concerned myself with driver gear for weeks.
#67 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:06:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McPhersonator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

I think you're looking at the wrong crates... Mod crates contain mods, costume crates contain costumes. Sure, there are mixed crates, but why bother if all you want are mods? The new crates are fantastic, just last night I got 5 legendary cards, all 90 or 100%. I haven't concerned myself with driver gear for weeks.

The crates are or can easily be misconstrued, that’s obvious, lol . . ; but why put so much emphasis on costumes when they could be advertising the fact that you can get cars, as well as cards, which I’m not fussed about anyhow. I want the cars that any other game would just give away, like the VW 12 window Bus, as an example. Not 4, 3 or 2 lots of suits . . .

1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 1:43:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SgtFancypants98 Go to Quoted Post
The cards appear to have become dramatically better for far less credits per box.

Definitely this.

Im grinding out the last few events in single player and running the shortest races as its in cars I've no interest in.

Only buying 15k crates, I'm getting a return from the mods (not including regular award credits, just the mods only) of between 14k and 17k per race.

The 15k boxes are definitely worth buying.

I did get a 50k box out of interest, and got THREE legendaries. This made me chuckle as I'd spent several million on boxes to get 3 legendaries before the update (for the achievement) oh well.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#69 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 4:14:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Claret Go to Quoted Post

Definitely this.

Im grinding out the last few events in single player and running the shortest races as its in cars I've no interest in.

Only buying 15k crates, I'm getting a return from the mods (not including regular award credits, just the mods only) of between 14k and 17k per race.

The 15k boxes are definitely worth buying.

I did get a 50k box out of interest, and got THREE legendaries. This made me chuckle as I'd spent several million on boxes to get 3 legendaries before the update (for the achievement) oh well.

Glad I read this. I invested in 3 Master Mod crates costing 90k to get the 3 legendary mods (I'm never lucky)

Did a 45 minute race using them all and with driver difficulty at 20% and using a 50% FE car got a total pay-out of nearly 500k. Levelled up twice and got 2 400k cars for free. Now if I'd paid real money for VIP it would have been a lot more, but now I'm left with 2 more uses out of 2 of the legendary mods, many rare and super rare mods and it didn't cost me a single penny of real life money.

The mod crates ARE mathematically worth it if used with a bit of common sense.

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#70 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:18:46 AM(UTC)
I've ONLY been buying the Master mods, I get tons of Legendaries in those (Perfectionist). I miss the mods from FM6 though. The percentage upgrades were the best. More power and grip or extra credits for the manufacturer ones. They should have those back for FM8.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:57:04 AM(UTC)
Extra Long races give me time to be patient working through the pack, much more like what I see going on when watching races on TV, and much more in the driving style I want to train myself to. And yes, mod ROI is only an issue if you're doing Standard length races.

Buying premier mod crates only, as I'm trying to pick up an Underdog card. In FM6 it took me 35M credits to get that card. Still haven't used it, but nice to know I can. I'll typically wait til my card supply is low, then buy 20 Premier crates to replenish. Getting low on cards pushes me to try the ones I'm not good at - the Perfect Pass cards are typically the last ones to go.

I do not miss the physics mod cards, as in FM6 I found using those in Career Mode made it harder for me to know how I would do with a car/tune in MP.

I've never sold back a mod in FM7, but just learned the T10 team monitors sell-backs to see what's unpopular, and adjust crate contents to give us more of what we want. Given that, I might start selling the ones I shy away from using. But for now I want to use them as motivation to try and improve the skills they are rewarding - especially the clean passing.
E30
#72 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:53:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bob qoq Go to Quoted Post
Extra Long races give me time to be patient working through the pack, much more like what I see going on when watching races on TV, and much more in the driving style I want to train myself to. And yes, mod ROI is only an issue if you're doing Standard length races.

Buying premier mod crates only, as I'm trying to pick up an Underdog card. In FM6 it took me 35M credits to get that card. Still haven't used it, but nice to know I can. I'll typically wait til my card supply is low, then buy 20 Premier crates to replenish. Getting low on cards pushes me to try the ones I'm not good at - the Perfect Pass cards are typically the last ones to go.

I do not miss the physics mod cards, as in FM6 I found using those in Career Mode made it harder for me to know how I would do with a car/tune in MP.

I've never sold back a mod in FM7, but just learned the T10 team monitors sell-backs to see what's unpopular, and adjust crate contents to give us more of what we want. Given that, I might start selling the ones I shy away from using. But for now I want to use them as motivation to try and improve the skills they are rewarding - especially the clean passing.

I'm about 100 cars away from 700 so i'm about to bust out 20 laps of the big tracks (Bathurst, Prague, Virginia, Rio). The passing mods I hardly ever used, especially the perfect pass. The good pass is much easier but I mostly stick to cards that give both XP and CR. I only have Super Rare and Legendary cars left to buy so everything is 500K+, thats why I have to do some very long races to level up and CR up
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#73 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:24:07 PM(UTC)
OP IS MATHEMATICALLY NOT WORTH IT.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:57:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#74 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 1:56:59 PM(UTC)

I thought so too, but I've got one I sold 3 mods back, still made a 150k off the one MOD I kept. But initially, I was in MOD heaven, never getting a common or uncommon, mostly legendary or super rare. But those are filtering in now, but it's still a better deal than 5 for 50.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:04:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bob qoq Go to Quoted Post

I'm about 100 cars away from 700 so i'm about to bust out 20 laps of the big tracks (Bathurst, Prague, Virginia, Rio). The passing mods I hardly ever used, especially the perfect pass. The good pass is much easier but I mostly stick to cards that give both XP and CR. I only have Super Rare and Legendary cars left to buy so everything is 500K+, thats why I have to do some very long races to level up and CR up

Don't waste your time. (if you actually have near 600ish cars)
Those 100ish cars you're missing are the locked ones and the only way to get them is to wait for a forzathon or specialty dealer, or bounty hunter.
Those last few you see s lvl up rewards will be the remainder of the cars you can get at this point.

Take it from me. I have every car available to us.
Bar one or two of the bounty hunter ones.

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error