4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:33:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThanaJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Liam286 Go to Quoted Post
Yes I agree, the boxes not worth the money. I saved up over 1,500,000 and bought 4 -300,000cr car boxes. I got nothing that even comes close to what I spent. I won't be buying any more anytime soon.

For me, the cheapest ones seem to be beneficial, maybe someone can do the REAL math. But imagine you would get 4 times 30% increase mods from the cheapest pack, and even if all of them had just one use, you would get approx 7k increase from a longer race with 20k normal reward. If you net approx 10k from a race without bonuses, then it would be pretty close breaking even. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the game very long and a bit sleepy at the moment..

I've done some basic maths with the 20k packs. After 5 goes (100k), each pack came out between a 3k loss and a 1k win. This is in normal play with 2nd highest drivatar difficulty, standard race times. Drivatar difficulty is separate from the race rewards so it'll have no effect. It would be worth it if you do longer races nearly every time. I haven't tested for any other packs yet.
 8 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:03:57 PM(UTC)
The idea of loot boxes anywhere outside of an MMO is just totally crazy. The idea of loot boxes to have a setup for spending real money in a game you already spend real money for is a simple rip off.
Any and all microtransactios in a game make the game less of a pleasure. It means the developers have removed something that was normally there and put it into a gambling system. The "mods" that you can get now in F7 were normal options in previous installments. You could just remove ABS and get 5-10%, now you have to use a slot machine , pay credits or real money to MAYBE get the same option.

Cosmetics in general , the same problem. Make the game drab, so you want them. In F7 introduce a totally needless character and hope the kids want to gamble / pay for an outfit.

As soon as real money is involved, F7 turns into a slot machine with some racing added on, it's time for law to stop this travesty. Putting online gambling in all games is hopefully the 2nd death of the video game industry , we desperately need a reset otherwise all of our games will end up being nothing more than slot machines.

As for economy in F7, if you dont mind doing long races, always get a 20k Box, it will net you something around 50-80k every time. BUT then you are running 12 rounds around a track just because of the stupid slot machine.

I bought this free to play game in Russia for 24 Euro, so i can't even return it. But i certainly would have if it was possible. I have learned now, no more game with any form of "micro transactions" for me ever.
#28 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:54:06 PM(UTC)
I always use mods from loot crates and I'm making constant gains. I did the math a couple of times. Considering the 20K mod box gives you lower +credits% than 50k mod boxes in average. Also I considered that the 20k gives you 4 cards and the 50k 5 cards and cards can be used from 1-3 times.
What I concluded is ,,If your cash earned through mods alone is 30k+ in a race you earn the most money from using mods from the 50k boxes (Race has to be ~ the lenght of Nordschleife x 2 laps + 40% AI or more and 1st place) If your race is shorter and you make less than 30k it is best to use the 20k loot boxes. If you make less than 10k in the mods section buying mods isn't worth it.

The longer the Race the more it is worth it to use more expensive/rare mods.

Hope this helps
#29 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:58:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlowbyFire Go to Quoted Post
I always use mods from loot crates and I'm making constant gains. I did the math a couple of times. Considering the 20K mod box gives you lower +credits% than 50k mod boxes in average. Also I considered that the 20k gives you 4 cards and the 50k 5 cards and cards can be used from 1-3 times.
What I concluded is ,,If your cash earned through mods alone is 30k+ in a race you earn the most money from using mods from the 50k boxes (Race has to be ~ the lenght of Nordschleife x 2 laps + 40% AI or more and 1st place) If your race is shorter and you make less than 30k it is best to use the 20k loot boxes. If you make less than 10k in the mods section buying mods isn't worth it.

Hope this helps

Past couple of weeks I noticed the 50K crates(All I really buy) have been slipping a bit.

Usually hanging out at position 12 so you will need to look in your rearview mirror to see me.
 7 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 1:24:56 AM(UTC)
Just run longer races.and get the full effect of the mods.

It's a sad state of affairs when people consider doing more than 3 laps in a racing game is a "grind".

4 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 1:29:12 AM(UTC)
The removal of assist bonuses & penalties seem like a last minute thing to make crates more desirable.

Actually everything was designed to make credits scarce and crates more essential.

...and 7 will be eternally marked as the low point in the series as a result!
#32 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 1:32:25 AM(UTC)

This is the sixth time I'll be going thru the same career, I consider the whole thing a grind and I only do it to get the achievements and the credits necessary to play the game how I want. Running 3 laps or 25 laps against AI is all the same to me.
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 1:38:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RavingLunatic01 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BlowbyFire Go to Quoted Post

Hope this helps

Past couple of weeks I noticed the 50K crates(All I really buy) have been slipping a bit.

Same with me, but you never know, which is another big problem with loot crates.

Only the developer knows what's inside and what the odds are for each prize, which they never have to say what they are and can change anytime.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 3:20:05 AM(UTC)
Gets better the further you get in the game .I bought a 150k crate and got 237k back because I already had the legendary car. Profit +driver gear plus mods to make more money
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 4:42:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Claret Go to Quoted Post

It's a sad state of affairs when people consider doing more than 3 laps in a racing game is a "grind".

I think its a sad state of affairs to be forced to use mod cards if you want to make any decent amount of money. Certain choices turn 10 has made has turned the game into a grind for many. Ive never had to think about how much money i was earning in a forza game until now. I would just race and know eventually id make a bunch, but in this game my bank account is constantly being drained having to constantly buy something whether it be loot crates to get mod cards(which i hate) or having to pay a percentage for a car when i level up.
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 4:44:55 AM(UTC)
You don't need to use mod crates to earn a decent amount of money.

Just do races. Enjoy the racing.
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 5:12:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PTG Claret Go to Quoted Post

I think its a sad state of affairs to be forced to use mod cards if you want to make any decent amount of money. Certain choices turn 10 has made has turned the game into a grind for many. Ive never had to think about how much money i was earning in a forza game until now. I would just race and know eventually id make a bunch, but in this game my bank account is constantly being drained having to constantly buy something whether it be loot crates to get mod cards(which i hate) or having to pay a percentage for a car when i level up.
I agree with this. Between the 400,000 here and there and now the Specialty Dealer every week it is almost like Forza has become a part time job. I only get around 4 hours a week to play, sometimes more, and to be honest I am fine with that. But now instead of just getting on a doing some racing I first have to figure how to Maximize credits in choosing what I do. In that sense it is starting to feel like a "grind" to me. And that is a first and I have been playing since 2.

Edited by user Sunday, November 19, 2017 5:13:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 7:36:40 AM(UTC)
Don’t buy crates.
#39 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 7:52:34 AM(UTC)
If you are willing to grind out extra-long races the 20K & 50K mod crates will generally boost credits more than they cost. They aren't worth it otherwise.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 8:33:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tonka Crash Go to Quoted Post
If you are willing to grind out extra-long races the 20K & 50K mod crates will generally boost credits more than they cost. They aren't worth it otherwise.

Generally? I get well over a million credits return on a 50k MOD crate. But I most always race extra long races because I don't want a mad dash just for 3 laps. I bought the game to watch ace, and that's what I do with it.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:38:19 AM(UTC)
I've found the mod crates to be extremely worth their value. The only crate I buy in the game, is the 50k mod crate, and buy about 2 of those per series.

I run my race length on long, not extra long, and takes me roughly 15-20 minutes a race, depending on the track/car. I make anywhere from 50k-80k extra credits from mods alone, from ONE race. That alone covers the entire purchase of the crate, and the mods still have 2 more uses, plus the other mods I didn't even use yet from the crate.

I'm not sure how people actually struggle with money in this game. I walk away with 150k-200k a race, for 15-20 minutes of my time (with AI on pro difficulty, which is an extra 80%).

Yeah, if you do 2-3 lap races, and then wonder why you have no money, there's your issue. But you also have to realize doing races in cars like say, a C Class Silvia, will not reap the same rewards as the P Class 787B. The higher class the car, the higher the rewards, since you'll cover more distance in the same amount of time.

And by doing the short 5 minute races, that's just you not willing to invest the time needed to get what you want. Which is fine, not everyone wants to do 15 minute races, but don't complain that you're not getting as much money as you want for minimal effort. The same can be applied to real life with work, amonst other things.

But that is your fault, not the games. They give you the tools and means to make all the money you need. You just have to be smart about it.
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:12:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tonka Crash Go to Quoted Post

Incorrect.

Long races are good enough to make up what you spent and turn a profit usually. Race 2 and 3 (assuming some are 3 uses) is where the profit ramps up. It's not hard to turn a 50k crate into several hundred thousand profit.

Some standard length races are also ok too. Only noticed these in later championships.

The mods cards bought also determine race length. If they are mostly 1 use, then run a long race. If they are 3 uses, run at least 1 long race and the next few races pick and choose if you want long or standard races. You're profiting in either case so it's a matter of which tracks you'd prefer to run more laps.

Even with standard races, you still turn a profit after a few races. The 20k crates are a bit more risky though if you stick to standard due to 1 use cards.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:21:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Shadowqueller Go to Quoted Post
Obviously, if you took the Mods into freeplay and up'd the race size, OR you went and up'd race length from standard to long or extra long, then sure, this will yield greater bonuses.

BINGO!!!! Everything else you said is null and void. Use the MODs wisely and you'll reap the benefits.
The point

Your head.

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:50:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimson Gungnir Go to Quoted Post
I've found the mod crates to be extremely worth their value. The only crate I buy in the game, is the 50k mod crate, and buy about 2 of those per series.

I run my race length on long, not extra long, and takes me roughly 15-20 minutes a race, depending on the track/car. I make anywhere from 50k-80k extra credits from mods alone, from ONE race. That alone covers the entire purchase of the crate, and the mods still have 2 more uses, plus the other mods I didn't even use yet from the crate.

I'm not sure how people actually struggle with money in this game. I walk away with 150k-200k a race, for 15-20 minutes of my time (with AI on pro difficulty, which is an extra 80%).

Yeah, if you do 2-3 lap races, and then wonder why you have no money, there's your issue. But you also have to realize doing races in cars like say, a C Class Silvia, will not reap the same rewards as the P Class 787B. The higher class the car, the higher the rewards, since you'll cover more distance in the same amount of time.

And by doing the short 5 minute races, that's just you not willing to invest the time needed to get what you want. Which is fine, not everyone wants to do 15 minute races, but don't complain that you're not getting as much money as you want for minimal effort. The same can be applied to real life with work, amonst other things.

But that is your fault, not the games. They give you the tools and means to make all the money you need. You just have to be smart about it.

Exactly this. By running long races, you an easily make between 100-150k every race (as well as leveling up almost every race). I've found that for me, by running longer races, I can also ramp the Drivatar difficulty up higher, because more laps means more time to chase the leaders and make my way up front. I did one 10 lap race where I finally took the lead on the final turn of lap 10. It was the most fun single-player race I've run in Forza, ever. I am so, so glad we have the ability to do longer races in career mode.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:14:53 AM(UTC)
I mostly run the extra long races so the 50K crates more than pay for themselves for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:30:03 AM(UTC)
just to echo everyone here, I buy ONLY the 50k mod crates (unless I'm feeling frivolous in which case I'll buy a 300k crate for the heck of it), running extra long races (40 - 60 mins in career mode). I sell any mods I get that return under 50% and sell any that I don't like, or feel like using. Even just the long races (20 - 30 mins in career) are going to turn enough profit to make it more than worthwhile. 150% return on a long race is going to be somewhere around 50 - 70k,on average and on extra long you're looking at an average of 100 - 140k.

If you're running your career on standard length, you're better off spending your money elsewhere, unless you only buy the 20k crates. Anything more than that and you're almost certainly in a minus. You'll struggle to make 50k back using 3 mods over 3 races on standard length. A single race on long settings will net you about as much money as 3 standard races, give or take a few k.

Unfortunately, not everyone has the time nor the inclination to run 20 - 30 minute (or longer) races, so they do as much as they can when they can. Personally I'd rather do a single race of 1 hour, as opposed to 6 races at 10 mins each, but everyone is different. Nobody has to buy mod crates though, so if you find they're not worth the money, don't spend money on them. It's not rocket surgery ;0)

Edited by user Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:31:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:41:12 AM(UTC)
I play free play to just Tune/build for specific tracks/cars. I don't chase credit.
I only 50k box's
I sell any mod that doesn't fit into my program.
I only run cars or track I want.

Drivatarts set to unbeatable and ghosted.
5-10 laps races or around 10 minutes.
I'm getting 80-100k race.
I'm probably netting around 50k every box I buy.
Which double my return

Edited by user Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:42:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:15:42 AM(UTC)
Speaking of useless things in crates... what are the "Badges" for?
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:00:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of useless things in crates... what are the "Badges" for?

Collecting (lol)

Seriously, I only have one and it did/does nothing. In earlier versions of Forza you had to do something to get a good portion of the badges, so it was like another batch of achievements. Not this time, though.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:03:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:30:21 AM(UTC)
I completely disagree with you. And I have decent statistics to back it up. I finished the elite career quite a few weeks ago and I exclusively bought the $50,000 crates. I kept track of my winnings based off of the crates bonus only. On average the $50,000 crates return me for the entire Elite career just over $74,000 per crate. that's a gain of $24,000 per crate. I made sure to always buy from that crate only and to always have 3 mods applied on each race, being very specific and careful to apply the right mods for the right types of races and tracks. I also raced every single race in the elite career on the shortest length possible, as I wanted to finish the career so I could get to freeplay and set up races how I wanted. So I can say without a doubt, after playing hundreds of races with hundreds of mod cards, that at least the $50,000 crate is a positive cash flow.

The real key to maximizing your efficiency and return on investment is the right mod cards for the right race. On any of the lower class races that were often only three laps or on the shorter tracks I always put in the lower returning mod cards as the base payout would be lower, so I didn't want to waste good mod cards on that. As I moved up towards the higher-level races or the ones that were five or six laps, I used mod cards that gave the 60, 70 and 80% bonuses. There by getting a greater return since their base payout would be higher. If you're just throwing mod cards haphazardly at the game I bet you barely break even or I could see even losing money. Like most things in life, this requires a little effort and analysis to get the best out of it.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error