This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:00:59 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 confirms MC plans for Forza 7:

https://www.gtplanet.net...ansaction-plans-forza-7/

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:35:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: MM: title change

#2 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:35:11 PM(UTC)
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/loot-boxes-have-reached-a-new-low-with-forza-7s-pay-to-earn-option

SAM MACHKOVECH - 9/29/2017, 7:00 AM
Quote:
Let me be clear: As of press time, Forza Motorsport 7 does not let you pay real money for its CR coins or for its loot boxes. But that will almost certainly change. Turn 10 confirmed its plans in a statement to Ars Technica: "Once we confirm that the game economy is balanced and fun for our players out in the wild, we plan to offer Tokens [a real-money currency that works like CR] as a matter of player choice. Some players appreciate using Tokens as a way of gaining immediate access to content that may take many hours to acquire in the normal course of play. There will also be an option within the in-game menu to turn off Tokens entirely."
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:47:36 PM(UTC)
They brought back the auction house anyway.... There's how most people will pilfer their money and launder it from one account to another. I bet they haven't thought about the forza hub part - You know where you get money weekly. People will just create a bunch of accounts and buy their own **** to get money. Microtransactions are the least of my worries. They still haven't fixed simple bugs like the one where if you skip the beginning race intro your car will not launch correctly. T10 has just turned money hungry. Honestly Project Cars 2 has overtaken Forza in my book,
 10 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:50:49 PM(UTC)
If that includes buying crates with said tokens/microtransactions, I find that incredibly scummy. It's essentially gambling. In fact, not essentially, it is gambling. And I thoroughly hope it'll be regulated as such sooner rather than later.
 11 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:06:41 PM(UTC)
Maybe if we're loud enough in lettingT10 know we don't want this they might listen. Who am I kidding, T10 never listen.

Leave it the way it is now. Make people earn them the hard way by actually playing the game you made. Stop trying to fill your pockets with rubbish like this. You aren't EA Games, stop trying to force this **** on gamers. At least now we know why VIP has been gutted. No more easy money so people will be forced to pay real money to get credits to buy what they want.
 5 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:13:16 PM(UTC)
Option to disable them in menus.
Not required to complete the game.
No competitive assets for tokens that you can't get from gameplay.

Don't go conflating this with games that effectively require extra transactions.
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:14:23 PM(UTC)
They have been around since FM3, why is it a big deal now?
 6 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:18:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post
They have been around since FM3, why is it a big deal now?

I will always be against microtransactions, especially in full price AAA games that also sell DLC. It's straight up greed.

What makes it worse this time around though, is that they've got gambling boxes in the game, which presumably will be able to be bought with tokens. Let's not forget that in many parts of the world, gambling is heavily regulated, why should games get away with it, absolutely scott-free?
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:22:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Don't go conflating this with games that effectively require extra transactions.

The point is we don't want them in Forza. They aren't needed in Forza. Gamers today are far too entitled. It's the "I want access to everything now" generation. Make them play games to earn things just like gamers have been doing since Pong.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:27:36 PM(UTC)

They're enabled by default though, and unless you know to go looking to turn them off, you won't know the option's there. And they're shown fairly prominently throughout the game, unless I'm mistaken.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:28:57 PM(UTC)
"...That leaves Forzathon events, and the Prize Crates. The most expensive crate currently runs 300,000 CR, and offers a chance at a “legendary” car. For reference, a typical 10-minute race in FM7 will net you about 20,000 CR. You could earn twice that as a VIP, which is part of the Ultimate Edition, but there’s an issue there too.

VIP credit perks are now consumable mods. Previously, VIPs received permanent credit boosts in Forza titles. Now, players receive enough to use for 25 races (or less, if they want to stack the mods). After that, one of the perks of VIP membership is gone for good."

More folks have an issue with the VIP "perk" more than other "transactions", although loot crates don't help either.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 3:23:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:26:02 PM(UTC)
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/loot-boxes-have-reached-a-new-low-with-forza-7s-pay-to-earn-option

Quote:
Let me be clear: As of press time, Forza Motorsport 7 does not let you pay real money for its CR coins or for its loot boxes. But that will almost certainly change. Turn 10 confirmed its plans in a statement to Ars Technica: "Once we confirm that the game economy is balanced and fun for our players out in the wild, we plan to offer Tokens [a real-money currency that works like CR] as a matter of player choice. Some players appreciate using Tokens as a way of gaining immediate access to content that may take many hours to acquire in the normal course of play. There will also be an option within the in-game menu to turn off Tokens entirely."

If the game was ''fun'' then surely everyone wouldn't have a problem acquiring unlocks through the ''normal course of play'' due to the fact they were, erm, having fun doing so. Why the need to introduce Tokens purchased with real money?

Is the game not fun? Or rather not fun enough to want to play it over a period of time to earn unlocks through natural progression?
Hmm, that must be the answer because i'm positive that Turn 10 would even consider the possibility of introducing a financial alternative directed towards limited attention span gamers who have no intention of even attempting the normal process but want to get into those hoppers with everything the game has to offer - immediately.

OK then it's official then - and you heard it here first: FMS7 isn't fun in the long term and the hoppers are full of casual gamers who won't be playing the game for very long.
I have an overwhelming sense of deja-vu.
 6 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:26:33 PM(UTC)
The biggest problem for me is this just seems like evidence as to why they gutted the VIP program. They are trying to push tokens to buy Loot Crates later. The VIP program has been the same way for years why change it now? Please Turn 10 prove us all wrong and put the VIP program back the way it was and please don't say there is no way to change a fundamental system of the game because adding a 2X multiplier to all credit totals post race would be child's play for you guys.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:36:52 PM(UTC)
I don't know if others noticed it yet, and I am hopefully very wrong about this...
Every badge is now in loot crates (besides the level tier ones and car Manufacturers.)
So now not only did they tear down the Affinity, they also took away all the challenges. Is this true? Because when I looked at the badges they were all sorted from uncommon to rare, and badges were in the highest tier crates.
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:43:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if others noticed it yet, and I am hopefully very wrong about this...
Every badge is now in loot crates (besides the level tier ones and car Manufacturers.)
So now not only did they tear down the Affinity, they also took away all the challenges. Is this true? Because when I looked at the badges they were all sorted from uncommon to rare, and badges were in the highest tier crates.

Didn't notice that
That's so wrong

On the subject of tokens and other microtransactions I'll just be disabling them immediately they are put into the game
Totally unnecessary to use them
But others seem to need them so that's their choice
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:44:12 PM(UTC)

Quote:

That is actually a good article and quite against loot crates as a form of gambling. Surely the ESRB should be raised to reflect this.
 4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:44:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boris The Frog Go to Quoted Post

If the game was ''fun'' then surely everyone wouldn't have a problem acquiring unlocks through the ''normal course of play'' due to the fact they were, erm, having fun doing so. Why the need to introduce Tokens purchased with real money?

Some people have more money than time, and it may not be fun to have to spend all that time to get to the car you want because it's up in the Legendary tier while your buddy just found his dream car available after the first race.

Again, tokens are optional and invisible if you don't want to see them. How about letting people spend their money the way they see fit and find enjoyment however they want and not the way you want?
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:46:37 PM(UTC)
I guess I'm thankful that the vinyl editor is so entrenched in this game or else liveries would be the big draw in these crates. I think that's why the driver skins were created, they needed something to peddle.
 3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:31:09 PM(UTC)

Again, tokens are optional and invisible if you don't want to see them. How about letting people spend their money the way they see fit and find enjoyment however they want and not the way you want?

Because as this practice becomes more and more commonplace, the more games that will utilise it, and the more games that will utilise scummy practices in order to push the sales of those microtransactions. Just take a look at the evolution of GTA:O over the past 4 years if you want a good way to track those kind of practices over the past few years.

These practices regularly lessen the enjoyment of those games for those who can't, or don't want to, drop a daft amount of money on the microtransactions.

Hell, even take a look at that new Shadow of War game with it's microtransactions and loot boxes in a singleplayer game. Years ago this would be absolutely unheard of, and they'd be attacked with even more torches and pitchforks than they are now. This kind of thing is becoming more and more common unfortunately, and that is because people buy them.

So to sum up, what people do with their money, in the case of microtransactions and loot boxes, very much does effect me.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 3:32:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:55:38 PM(UTC)
People and that author keep bringing up examples that aren't Forza, because Forza isn't doing what the other notorious cases are doing. How does it affect you in Forza?
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:03:41 PM(UTC)
People and that author keep bringing up examples that aren't Forza, because Forza isn't doing what the other notorious cases are doing. How does it affect you in Forza?

Exactly!

Tokens in a game like Forza won't give you a competitive edge. Granted you will build a car collection quicker but that is the limit of any perceived "damage"

Someone who is single, jobless and plays 18 hours a day will also get a collection quicker. Perhaps all players should be capped to 2 hour daily for fairness?

No of course not........
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:09:37 PM(UTC)
Whatever happened to cheat codes being a way to get early access to progressive content at the expense of locking achievements until you deactivated them?

On the whole microtransactions don't bother me because if I don't see the value in something I don't have to buy it.

But almost every game on the market is following suit with this Randomised loot box for cash or in game currency model and its just old and uninteresting now.

1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:15:55 PM(UTC)
R.I.P. Forza motorsport time to say goodbye !!!!
 5 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:17:46 PM(UTC)

You're looking at this the wrong way. It's not about how this affects Forza but how it affects gaming. Most gamers don't want microtransactions. We like earning things the good old fashioned way by actually playing games. It's a sense of achievement. Now you get kids borrowing their parents credit cards just so they can have everything at once. You might as well give them a participation certificate so they don't feel left out. Doesn't matter what they're for or that they won't give you a competitive edge, the mere fact that devs/pubs are pushing these more and more is the problem.
 3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:24:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

You're looking at this the wrong way. It's not about how this affects Forza but how it affects gaming. Most gamers don't want microtransactions. We like earning things the good old fashioned way by actually playing games. It's a sense of achievement. Now you get kids borrowing their parents credit cards just so they can have everything at once. You might as well give them a participation certificate so they don't feel left out. Doesn't matter what they're for or that they won't give you a competitive edge, the mere fact that devs/pubs are pushing these more and more is the problem.

I get this perspective entirely.

It does seem ridiculous that someone buys a game and then pays more money to effectively not play it!

However another thread on this very same forum is full of moaning that the "VIP" isn't giving double credits. Surely by your criteria buying VIP is exactly the same principle... you pay more to get extra "free" credits instead of playing to earn them.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error