This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#201 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 8:23:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BSDGuru Go to Quoted Post
I noticed the lower grass detail in FM7 compared to FM5/6, but didn't realize it was more than that being degraded... lmao

PS- the GT Sport bashing in here is hilarious, makes me doubt some hasn't even played GTS yet.

A lot of people in here will have played GT sport including myself who has been hoping for a decent racing game on the PS4 since it launched. I think the legend/memories of GT for some people is vastly different from the reality of the game nowadays. GT Sport is not bad but Forza is many classes above it. They really shouldn’t be talked about in the same breath.
#202 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:42:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BSDGuru Go to Quoted Post
I noticed the lower grass detail in FM7 compared to FM5/6, but didn't realize it was more than that being degraded... lmao

PS- the GT Sport bashing in here is hilarious, makes me doubt some hasn't even played GTS yet.

A lot of people in here will have played GT sport including myself who has been hoping for a decent racing game on the PS4 since it launched. I think the legend/memories of GT for some people is vastly different from the reality of the game nowadays. GT Sport is not bad but Forza is many classes above it. They really shouldn’t be talked about in the same breath.

I agree, especially if you are comparing GT Sports awesome replays, great full range car audio, and driver/sportsmanship rating.

In all seriousness they are easily comparable, both have their strengths and weaknesses. I can't say that either one isn't a dang pretty looking game though.
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:20:25 PM(UTC)
GT Sport is made for multiplayer. It does not have a single player focus in any way, shape or form. Compared to GT6 and GT5 it's a massively stripped out game for anyone who enjoys car upgrading, collecting and single player campaigns.

Comparing these two elements to FM7 and it is clear to see who wins for single players.

I'd also add that while GT7 looks pretty yes, to my eyes it's no better or worse than FM7 when played in their respective "4K modes" (I have a PS Pro and XOX). GT7 still has the same flat 2d trees that everyone bangs on about being in FM7.

If I had to choose which game to play long term it would be FM7.

Edited by user Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:21:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#204 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:15:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DiscoStu AU Go to Quoted Post
GT Sport is made for multiplayer. It does not have a single player focus in any way, shape or form. Compared to GT6 and GT5 it's a massively stripped out game for anyone who enjoys car upgrading, collecting and single player campaigns.

Comparing these two elements to FM7 and it is clear to see who wins for single players.

I'd also add that while GT7 looks pretty yes, to my eyes it's no better or worse than FM7 when played in their respective "4K modes" (I have a PS Pro and XOX). GT7 still has the same flat 2d trees that everyone bangs on about being in FM7.

If I had to choose which game to play long term it would be FM7.
GT Sport has more photo realistic look but FM7 has sharper graphics. I got bored with GT fast due to limited tracks.

LG OLED E6
#205 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:39:27 PM(UTC)
added Audi RS5 Interior comparison between One and One X on the first post ;)
#206 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:48:02 PM(UTC)
Yeah Turn 10 loves 2D grass. They can’t seem to make 3D real looking grass for the life of them. Xbox One X is a downgrade from the S. The Xbox One S Looked Great except the grass of course, now the Xbox One X is unplayable. What a joke. Maybe time to jump over to a PS4?
#207 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:31:25 PM(UTC)
What are you talking about?!? Game looks much better on X.
 2 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 11:38:24 PM(UTC)
having played both a good amount of time i gotta say this: putting the resolution and the amount of cars and tracks aside, i think that GT Sport beats FM7 in every other aspect, such as:
-lighting
-car handling with gamepad
-sounddesign (i dont mean only engine, thats debatable, i mean wind, tyre rolling sound etc) as an overall package is better
-the way cars behave on track, their movement, bodyroll, looks realistic
-replays are sublime
-attention to detail (visible flexible tyrecarcass in replays), 3D crowds moving,
-although no rain or moving clouds i find the 5-6 different times of day per track much more satisfying than forzas 6 rain tracks and the other tracks with 1-2 time of day settings.
-overall presentation, i.e. menus, music, navigation
-no bugs, no glitches, its perfectly polished (forza 7 on pc anyone?)
-far superior multiplayer, works like a charm connection wise and also the SR for what its worth is very good and delivers some very clean and close races on higher levels. sure can be still improved.
 2 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:00:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post
What are you talking about?!? Game looks much better on X.

I suspect they are joking... or trolling. It's hard to differentiate between the two.
#210 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 7:24:42 AM(UTC)
The game looks better on the X.. better AA, textures, more detail. This is all very obvious on a large screen even in 1080 and especially in 4k.
This is not only my opinion it's a fact and there are plenty of comparison videos on you tube.
 1 user liked this post.
#211 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 7:45:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post
[the following comparison were taken on Xbox One. See the end of this post to see comparison between Xbox One and Xbox One X]

Everything is on the title...

Forza 5, then Forza 6, and then Forza 7 on Nurburgring :

Wow... the graphics have diminished badly...
#212 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:26:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: COBRA ATTACK 99 Go to Quoted Post
The game looks better on the X.. better AA, textures, more detail. This is all very obvious on a large screen even in 1080 and especially in 4k.
This is not only my opinion it's a fact and there are plenty of comparison videos on you tube.

almost no one is denying that. what we argue is that the overall detail of the game is diminished compared to forza 5
and also that the PC version does not look better than die X version, which should be the case as on PC Turn10 could've unlocked more eyecandy.
but of course they dont want the PC version to look too much better.
#213 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:48:29 AM(UTC)
Forza 5 had horrible AA problems and poor black levels. Forza 6 wasn't much better. I run a 144" projector screen and Forza 7 looks better on the X than on the standard console. I'm glad the jaggies are gone!! Game looks great and plays well.
 1 user liked this post.
#214 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 10:19:57 AM(UTC)
Forza 5 had horrible AA problems and poor black levels. Forza 6 wasn't much better. I run a 144" projector screen and Forza 7 looks better on the X than on the standard console. I'm glad the jaggies are gone!! Game looks great and plays well.

Agree. I changed from Xbox one orig with 60" plasma to Xbox one x 55" OLED 4K HDR. Difference will put a smile on your face. Bank statement will take it off again though ! :)

Edited by user Monday, November 13, 2017 10:20:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#215 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:10:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MalerFlieger Go to Quoted Post
having played both a good amount of time i gotta say this: putting the resolution and the amount of cars and tracks aside, i think that GT Sport beats FM7 in every other aspect, such as:
-lighting
-car handling with gamepad
-sounddesign (i dont mean only engine, thats debatable, i mean wind, tyre rolling sound etc) as an overall package is better
-the way cars behave on track, their movement, bodyroll, looks realistic
-replays are sublime
-attention to detail (visible flexible tyrecarcass in replays), 3D crowds moving,
-although no rain or moving clouds i find the 5-6 different times of day per track much more satisfying than forzas 6 rain tracks and the other tracks with 1-2 time of day settings.
-overall presentation, i.e. menus, music, navigation
-no bugs, no glitches, its perfectly polished (forza 7 on pc anyone?)
-far superior multiplayer, works like a charm connection wise and also the SR for what its worth is very good and delivers some very clean and close races on higher levels. sure can be still improved.

I have to agree with this and I hope Turn 10 is reading this. Polyphony really stresses the details and you can evidently see when one site (was it Digital Foundry?) compared MX-5's from Forza and GT. The GT's MX-5 looked a lot more realistic with better details. I like to use my real car in Forza, but it pains to see that my car's diff cover is wrong (surprising considering Dan Greenwalt had the same car in a coupe at one point) and I can see the ground through the hood vents while using the hood cam (impossible in IRL even if you peek straight in). Maybe in this case less is more or have longer development time before each release.
Current and passed toys- 1975 Datsun 280Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW and 2008 BMW E90 M3
#216 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 5:57:35 AM(UTC)
GT Sport?? give us another 400 cars, 2 dozen tracks (real life) a proper livery creator and auction house..then yeah maybe a FM7 beater.
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
#217 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 6:51:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForemostCash Go to Quoted Post
I'm honestly loving the game so far, but there's just moments where i take a look around and think... ugh, really?

Running on a 1080Ti and 7700k I thought this game would really push my PC quite a bit. Sadly often when i go inside the cars I see bad textures, so disappointing.

Funny, you should write that. I have a GTX1070 and I am using a 3rd gen Core i5 as the CPU (A 3570K). I haven't overclocked anything and I run Forza 7 on Max everything just fine, even though I'm using a 1080P monitor. For kicks, I turned the resolution up to 3840 X 2160, just to see if my 1070 would get angry. Well... Nope. It didn't. It just ran the game the same as ever. The only difference, I couldn't see any polygons on the Lotus 49's gauge bezels, and not a jaggy to be found.

I remember telling a few friends that FM5 looked better than FM6. I reiterated that when 7 was released. I would love to see FM5 on PC. If it had triple screen support and the ability to get a correct field of view, I'd run the game strictly for the eye candy. Even thought the game was stripped down, Turn 10 got the looks of FM5 right. And I completely understand that FM7 had to be paired back in some area to include features that "people" (Who are these people BTW?) "want" (All I want is realism, how come that's always compromised?). Eh... It got the game accolades, awards and stuff. So I guess it's a success even though, 5 looks better in a lot of areas... But a win's a win.

Edited by user Friday, December 22, 2017 6:52:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
 1 user liked this post.
#218 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:41:40 AM(UTC)
Forza 7 on Xbox One S vs X is a brutal difference.

911 in the demo on Xbox One S looked like a car from a 7 year old game... On Xbox One X it's proper "high res".

Aliasing is very noticeable on Xbox One S on all levels. On the new console there's almost zero temporal aliasing, you can find some shader aliasing as well as road marker aliasing but that's it.

With dynamic weather they had to literally castrate the game to fit on the Xbox One's lower models. So much, in fact, that I wonder whether the next Forza Motorsport will be released on them.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:24:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wilko Jones Go to Quoted Post
... (All I want is realism, how come that's always compromised?)...

Well, there's nothing realistic about all sunshine, all the time. Not where I live anyway! Yes, Forza 5 looks better. But then you're always looking at the same thing and personally, I get bored of that. Forza 7 allows for different light even on tracks that don't support dynamic weather or nighttime racing. And the track selection is so big, I might play every day for a week but only encounter a particular track once. And if that track looks slightly different every time I see it, well, all the better.
That said, I do think there are too many grey skies in Forza 7. I see enough of them in merry old England so it doesn't make great escapism to sit down to my current favourite game and see more of them. I'm sure it looks astoundingly realistic with HDR but on my old set, it just looks dull.

But anyway, I'm happy with the way Forza 7 looks. I value the variety and bigger picture over the little details. And comparisons aside, it is a great looking game that runs at 1080/60 on base Xbox One hardware. That's an achievement.

#220 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:40:30 AM(UTC)
My real complaint about the FM 7 graphics is that it looks on my 1080Ti driven PC exactly the same if not a little bit worse than on the X due to better HDR implementation on the X. I'm riding it on a LG B7 55".
I have the feeling that the reflections on cars are very poor compared to what even Forza 6 Apex offered. When i drive next to opponents cars for example they often look matte and there is something off with the Ambient Occlusion on the cars too, as if they dont interact with the lighting and objects around them and are just put on top of a otherwise coherent surrounding. They have poor or no self-shadowing at all. So they lack depth and that makes the good models look worse than they would normally. Also when i drive in cockpit view and i still can see a part of my bonnet, the reflections on that bonnet are low fps and low textured, it looks, dare i say it, ugly. Those would be areas where Turn10 could've unlocked more bells and whistles for the Win10 version. Give us more gras on the track side, some more bushes, better reflections on cars and better Ambient Occlusion. Tracks in Forza used to look 'rich' in detail, but for some reason in FM7 with a few exceptions (like Dubai) they dont.
I also have some issues with the way fog and spray is handled, it is like its stuck in the ground, it leaves ugly lines on the ground, it does not hover over the ground. The way spray moves behind cars is very nice looking, but its leaving lines in the ground, its as if the layers are a bit glitchy. We did not have this problem on Forza 6 Apex spray.
Compared to GT Sport: Yes, GT has no native 4k. Yes GT has less tracks and cars. But the way the cars interact with light and track is better. They look on track more life-like than our Forza cars and i think its mostly because of the better lighting model/system GT Sport uses.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:51:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#221 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:12:22 AM(UTC)
Hello guys i have this problem with my xbox one x and hdr. So In forza 7 and forza horizon 3 when its sunny and sun shines on cars the car colors turn kinda white looking or really light, I mean that for example with a car Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra those light gray parts of car turn white when sunshines hit them. When it isnt sunny game looks really good can somebody please help me? My tv supports everything and everything is checkmarked green, i think that problem is with forza games because assassins creed origins looks really beautiful all the time.
#222 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:20:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jormankeppi Go to Quoted Post
Hello guys i have this problem with my xbox one x and hdr. So In forza 7 and forza horizon 3 when its sunny and sun shines on cars the car colors turn kinda white looking or really light, I mean that for example with a car Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra those light gray parts of car turn white when sunshines hit them. When it isnt sunny game looks really good can somebody please help me? My tv supports everything and everything is checkmarked green, i think that problem is with forza games because assassins creed origins looks really beautiful all the time.

you might wanna check your hdr settings ingame and adjust hdr brightness.
by default brightness and hdr-brightness are both 50%, but i found out that for me (on Win10, playing on LG B7 OLED) hdr-brightness 50% is too much and looks better when its 20% or so.
the first slider i left on 50%.
but all in all i am not really satisfied with how hdr is implemented in general.
i think its one of the poorer implementations when you compare to AC Origins, HZD, GT Sport, Uncharted.
GT Sport has the best lighting for me in any racing game, its just stunning.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:22:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#223 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:23:48 AM(UTC)

I agree with this, static screenshots don't capture the aliasing issues you see when playing the game. There's no doubt in my mind that when looking at the moving graphics while playing the game, 6 is better than 5, and 7 is better than 6, certainly when playing on the X. I wouldn't say the jaggies and shimmering/flickering are completely gone in 7 on the X but it's certainly the best I've seen, and light years ahead of FH3 which makes me feel sick with the low frame rate and horrendous aliasing issues such as constantly shimmering trees as they move on the screen. Ironically, as the graphics in FM have got better from 5 to 6 to 7, I feel FH's graphics have gone backwards, and I like FH's graphics more than FH2 and FH3, when looking at them in motion during gameplay rather than static screenshots.
#224 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:45:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I agree with this, static screenshots don't capture the aliasing issues you see when playing the game. There's no doubt in my mind that when looking at the moving graphics while playing the game, 6 is better than 5, and 7 is better than 6, certainly when playing on the X. I wouldn't say the jaggies and shimmering/flickering are completely gone in 7 on the X but it's certainly the best I've seen, and light years ahead of FH3 which makes me feel sick with the low frame rate and horrendous aliasing issues such as constantly shimmering trees as they move on the screen. Ironically, as the graphics in FM have got better from 5 to 6 to 7, I feel FH's graphics have gone backwards, and I like FH's graphics more than FH2 and FH3, when looking at them in motion during gameplay rather than static screenshots.

I can't judge how the games look on the base console as i played FH3 and FM 6 in form of Apex only on a very capable 4k/60 PC, but i feel that FM 7 with everything set to the max looks, except the sharper textures, less rich than FM 6 Apex on max settings. I just feel that they cut here and there in FM 7 in order to make room for the semi-dynamic time of day in nightraces (its basically plus/minus 3 hours cycle and in rain races you have still a static light source, only the clouds move and to me that trickery is very obvious, so i actually would prefer the solution from GT Sport, having 5-6 fixed times of day for every track. Imagine how nice every track in FM 7 would be if we could choose for each track from 6 different distinct settings.)
I adore the lighting in FH3 by the way. Dawn and Sunset looks so gorgeous. It's really a pitty it does not support HDR for the Win10 version. I would say that even without HDR the lighting in FH3 is superior to FM 7 lighting system.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:50:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#225 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:15:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MalerFlieger Go to Quoted Post
My real complaint about the FM 7 graphics is that it looks on my 1080Ti driven PC exactly the same if not a little bit worse than on the X due to better HDR implementation on the X. I'm riding it on a LG B7 55".
I have the feeling that the reflections on cars are very poor compared to what even Forza 6 Apex offered. When i drive next to opponents cars for example they often look matte and there is something off with the Ambient Occlusion on the cars too, as if they dont interact with the lighting and objects around them and are just put on top of a otherwise coherent surrounding. They have poor or no self-shadowing at all. So they lack depth and that makes the good models look worse than they would normally. Also when i drive in cockpit view and i still can see a part of my bonnet, the reflections on that bonnet are low fps and low textured, it looks, dare i say it, ugly. Those would be areas where Turn10 could've unlocked more bells and whistles for the Win10 version. Give us more gras on the track side, some more bushes, better reflections on cars and better Ambient Occlusion. Tracks in Forza used to look 'rich' in detail, but for some reason in FM7 with a few exceptions (like Dubai) they dont.
I also have some issues with the way fog and spray is handled, it is like its stuck in the ground, it leaves ugly lines on the ground, it does not hover over the ground. The way spray moves behind cars is very nice looking, but its leaving lines in the ground, its as if the layers are a bit glitchy. We did not have this problem on Forza 6 Apex spray.
Compared to GT Sport: Yes, GT has no native 4k. Yes GT has less tracks and cars. But the way the cars interact with light and track is better. They look on track more life-like than our Forza cars and i think its mostly because of the better lighting model/system GT Sport uses.

Digital Foundry has said the lightening on GT Sport are real time, but Forza 7 shadows (I'm guessing most and not all) are baked in already on the track. That is why I mentioned when it come down to details GT Sport is better and thus looks better because of the attention to detail. For gameplay wise (responding to an earlier post) yeah GT Sport's career sucks, but it makes the player to be a better driver. Forza on the other hand holds your hand along the way. People do go hardcore and turn it off, but what about the rest and most of the players? If you want content, Forza is awesome. If you want a game that focuses on the details and make players to become better drivers, GT is getting that job done. Too much influence from Horizon is plaguing Forza 7.
Current and passed toys- 1975 Datsun 280Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW and 2008 BMW E90 M3
11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error