11 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:01:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
Just a wild theory at the moment: do you think a bit of slacking off in the graphics area was due to a lack of competition? I mean PCARS2 still looks bland on consoles. So does Dirt 4. As one gentleman said, the X360 had double the lifespan of the One, and there were significant improvements between FM2 and 4.
If you mean bland per say graphics then I have PC2 running on PS4 PRO and it looks photo realistic compared to FM6. I do noticed while using the Civic in tier 1 compact race that the cars rear has this very bad halo effect jagginess look to it and hopefully T10 can look into this .

LG OLED E6
 3 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:26:34 AM(UTC)
The photos used are not really that damning. sure they took a slight hit but during a race you wont notice.

Now Maple Valley is another altogether issue. Why T10 decided to bring this track back with its massive use of trees, which look poor in FM7 no doubt, but somehow the trees on this specific track look OG Forza quality level and are so obviously poor, even in a high speed race scenario you can see how jarring they look. I love me some Maple Valley racing so when they announced it was back I was so happy... on playing it, they should have left it out and done something with less emphasis on having lots of Big, Colourful beautiful autumn/fall trees.
#78 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:30:10 AM(UTC)
Also white/other lines look very jagged on most tracks.
#79 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:00:02 AM(UTC)
The main game really doesn't look as good as the demo and I'm wondering if the graphics have been turned down to make the XBOX ONE X BOX X thing (the project Ford Scorpio thing) look better, basically the graphics aren't as good as what the XBOX ONE none X can actually do.
#80 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:13:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
The main game really doesn't look as good as the demo and I'm wondering if the graphics have been turned down to make the XBOX ONE X BOX X thing (the project Ford Scorpio thing) look better, basically the graphics aren't as good as what the XBOX ONE none X can actually do.
Since FM7 is a native 4K title they’re promoting a lot for Xbox One X, it’s likely the case.

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:13:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LG OLED E6
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:33:52 AM(UTC)
I plan to buy One X, but I don't have 4K tv yet nor plan to buy one any soon(maybe next year or so) interesting to see how much they can enhance 1080p graphics with those overscaling and higher filtering stuff.
#82 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:49:13 AM(UTC)
i still can't get my pictures from the gallery on the website... still "Error Retrieving Photos. No Results Found"

is this really a coincidence?
#83 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:52:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post
Yes i know, and i agree with you, but even when we know that they have to find a way to add new things, it's hard to see pictures like that.. the gap is pretty big.

i will take the One X, i really hope the result won't be the same on that point

Static pictures don't tell the entire story since you are missing out on effects that change frame by frame.

As for overall detail, at least on PC and x1x it definitely looks better than your screen shots. I haven't seen any area in that game look that sparse even on my slim which I checked right before posting. I've been playing maxed out on pc @4k and it's by far the best looking racing game ever made. No question.
#84 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:53:14 AM(UTC)
I think with the power of the Xbox one x, Forza 7 will look even better.
 3 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:26:03 AM(UTC)
Anyone noticing how much more pop in the game seems to suffer? It is much more noticeable on this than Forza 6. I think it is clear T10 have really pushed the limits of the engine to try and steal performance everywhere.

But it's still really easy to see LOD jumps on opponent cars and small track side detail pop in. Sometimes big ones as well like signs, especially if you move the camera to look behind. This is max settings on a good SSD equipped PC.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#86 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:43:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaikkuFIN Go to Quoted Post
I plan to buy One X, but I don't have 4K tv yet nor plan to buy one any soon(maybe next year or so) interesting to see how much they can enhance 1080p graphics with those overscaling and higher filtering stuff.

You know.. I was thinking exactly ^^this early today - what if they deliberately introduced the visual downgrade to coax more people to get on the One-X bandwagon? People are complaining about jaggies, washed out graphics, pop in, not so complex car modeling... NONE of these issues were talked about when we had just the demo. If I recall, the demo also had no skid marks at all.

Hmm... maybe this theory doesn't sound so crazy after all. And if that is the case, then it is very sad and disappointing to see the consumer base being alienated this way and subconsciously getting coaxed into buying One-Xs and beefed up PCs. Isn't the original Xbox One still the base platform? Isn't that what majority of people own? I had a bad feeling about all this the day they introduced Forza on the PC and the day they said there would be a "mid generation console upgrade".

I also read in another thread that FM7 on a "fully spec'd" PC is not quite as impressive looking as H3 or Apex.

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:46:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaikkuFIN Go to Quoted Post

You know.. I was thinking exactly ^^this early today - what if they deliberately introduced the visual downgrade to coax more people to get on the One-X bandwagon? People are complaining about jaggies, washed out graphics, pop in, not so complex car modeling... NONE of these issues were talked about when we had just the demo. If I recall, the demo also had no skid marks at all.

Hmm... maybe this theory doesn't sound so crazy after all. And if that is the case, then it is very sad and disappointing to see the consumer base being alienated this way and subconsciously getting coaxed into buying One-Xs and beefed up PCs. Isn't the original Xbox One still the base platform? Isn't that what majority of people own? I had a bad feeling about all this the day they introduced Forza on the PC and the day they said there would be a "mid generation console upgrade".

I also read in another thread that FM7 on a "fully spec'd" PC is not quite as impressive looking as H3 or Apex.

I've been saying this in various threads. I am buying an Xbox One X at some point...I make a decent chunk of money and can afford such things regardless of how the new games "look"...I have an Xbox One S just because it does Netflix in 4K... But the fact that these graphics are SO bad seems deceitful at best and dishonest and immoral at worst. I'm super sad that the game I've defended for so long has stooped to this level.

FH4 Liveries | FM7 Liveries | Tunes Available, Search Criteria: DEW
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:30:24 PM(UTC)
It's logical that with more CPU heavy functions like dynamic wheather with different physics for different surfaces, wet or dry take away from the horsepower that would otherwise be used for textures etc. etc.

However i do understand that if you weren't planning on getting a XOX that you feel cheated, but really the graphics are the least of forza 7's problems right now...
''With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and
the experience as well. You can fly very high.'' - Ayrton Senna

4 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:41:23 PM(UTC)
I think we're just so used to seeing incremental jumps, that this side-grade has left us feeling cold.
I have been the biggest fan of Forza for ever, even went as far as getting my Forza tattoo. Which demonstrates my level of love for this game and studio.
Well i've had Forza 7 since friday and i've played it twice, for an hour. I've largely been playing dying light through for the 4th time. I've got a new game and i'm playing a several years old game. Maybe that should tell Turn 10 something. But we all know they don't read the boards.
So maybe we should all do some paints expressing our disappointment at being left feeling cold? That would certainly make them sit up and take note for the next game!
Nothing nasty or abusive (please), but a statement that expresses how we feel they let us down.
And don't even get me started on the loot boxes!
#90 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 3:07:45 AM(UTC)
Well,you have to take in consideration that the Xbox One, unlike PC doesn't have a massive hardware headroom to take from, the more other features (car count anyone?) you add, the more you have to subtract from others to compensate for it, forza 5 wasn't massive on content so they had more hardware budget for graphics,which is why it looks so good. Forza 7 does have 700+ cars, and is like 100gb on PC atm,and we haven't even gotten that optional 50 GB content pack they were bringing later this year?
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#91 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 10:24:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobinVerhulstZ Go to Quoted Post
Well,you have to take in consideration that the Xbox One, unlike PC doesn't have a massive hardware headroom to take from, the more other features (car count anyone?) you add, the more you have to subtract from others to compensate for it, forza 5 wasn't massive on content so they had more hardware budget for graphics,which is why it looks so good. Forza 7 does have 700+ cars, and is like 100gb on PC atm,and we haven't even gotten that optional 50 GB content pack they were bringing later this year?

If this were the case, how come both FM6 and 5 look (and sound) so darn good? Both games were around 40 gigs when released BTW.
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:46:38 AM(UTC)
FM5 - 16 cars on dry, sunny tracks
FM6 - 24 cars on dry, wet, and night tracks
FM7 - 24 cars on variable weather and time of day tracks

Turn10 basically maxed out the Xbox One wth FM5 and then had to push those graphics back down to make room for weather and more cars.
 3 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 9:05:20 AM(UTC)
Maybe having 16 cars maximum again on good ol' Xbox One would have been a better decision than dumb down the details and making the graphics uglier than Forza 5 (which was released around at the Fall Of The Roman Empire).
 3 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Anyone noticing how much more pop in the game seems to suffer? It is much more noticeable on this than Forza 6. I think it is clear T10 have really pushed the limits of the engine to try and steal performance everywhere.

But it's still really easy to see LOD jumps on opponent cars and small track side detail pop in. Sometimes big ones as well like signs, especially if you move the camera to look behind. This is max settings on a good SSD equipped PC.

I have. Top Gear Test Track is dreadful for it, so much pop in with the airstrip lights, distant grass and details on the track edges and the same goes for more complex tracks, pit lighting, barrier details etc are all very very pop-in-y.

This, coupled with the "vanishing world" bug when rewind is used to much makes long races impossible to finish. I think I only used rewind maybe twice on a 7 lap race and after the 5th lap, the world just starts to fizzle out and every world detail starts to delete it self and you can see through the whole world around you. RIP my position/race because I can no longer see the track limits. Ludicrous.

The fact the PC version is suffering from these issues even on the highest possible settings just shows that a lot of these settings are not working properly. I am still not 100% sure MSAA, AF(x16 or 0) or track detailing options are even working properly because i am sure changing them from off to max or low to ultra seemingly makes such a tiny difference it's like it isn't working at all.

Very very odd and a patch is needed ASAP. As is a resolution to this VIP rubbish that's going on, especially with T10s response to it.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:40:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:25:18 AM(UTC)
Quite embarrassing to watch this:

F4 - F7 Maple Valley comparison
 2 users liked this post.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:38:01 AM(UTC)
The Nordschleife pictures were bad enough, but the Le Mans comparison ... just wow. Guess I gotta go back to Forza 5. I always had the feeling after F6 came out that F5 looked better. But people told me I was crazy and I never bothered doing a direct comparison. I was right. And I think in Forza 7 it might be even worse: Have you experienced cars in the rolling prestart to wobble around strangely, like they are going over bumps? I suspect that Turn 10 has not only dialed the overall trackside detail down, they have also reduced the actual track surface resolution. Because those wobbles come from low resolution surfaces. It's not obvious, but the roads actually include most of the polygons in a racing game. More than the cars, more than track detail. So going there would be one of the biggest perfomance boosts for freeing up resources for dynamic lighting.
 4 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:45:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A Tokar 77 Go to Quoted Post
Quite embarrassing to watch this:

F4 - F7 Maple Valley comparison

well... the gloves do look nicer. and there's the reflection of them in the windshield that persists even in deep shade and when driving directly into what appears to be rather extreme crepuscular rays from an exploding star.

3 users liked this post.
#98 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:52:54 AM(UTC)
Dynamic weather etc is no excuse for these poor graphics. 90% of the game I have played so far does not utilise these cpu hungry visuals anyway.

The wet tracks look amazing. So why do the dry tracks lack detail?

Come on T10. We don't want wobbly spoilers and windscreen wipers if it means poor quality landscapes. Get the base graphics beautiful before adding mist etc.

My observations of in game graphics align with OP's. Well done for raising this.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:57:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: d0x360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post
Yes i know, and i agree with you, but even when we know that they have to find a way to add new things, it's hard to see pictures like that.. the gap is pretty big.

i will take the One X, i really hope the result won't be the same on that point

Static pictures don't tell the entire story since you are missing out on effects that change frame by frame.

As for overall detail, at least on PC and x1x it definitely looks better than your screen shots. I haven't seen any area in that game look that sparse even on my slim which I checked right before posting. I've been playing maxed out on pc @4k and it's by far the best looking racing game ever made. No question.

even on 4k resolution with maxed out , you could see a lot of 2d trees and poor sidetracks.

forza horizon 3 is the best looking racing gam that i ever seen in my whole life indeed.

p.s btw those liveries in fm7 are still abysmal and 720p or 1080p resolution

feels bad.

1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:20:43 PM(UTC)
I did some comparison shots too and to be honest the differences between FM6 and FM7 are marginal. Gotta transfer them by USB stick and upload em later.

What I noticed:
Some objects have lost their highest LOD. Example: the castle Nürburg on Nordschleife is but a blurry mess in FM7. In FM6 you're able to zoom in and see details like stones of the castle wall and shingles on the surrounding small towers. Gran Turismo Sport btw. seems to be the first racing game that features a model much closer to the real thing and they use a clever camera setting in replay to prominently feature it.

Distance of shadow drawings have been reduced drastically . This is easily spotted near the Prague Metronome, in FM6 you see the shadows from the riversided buildings being cast over the river. In FM7 they are missing completely, resulting in a very sterile look for that part of the picture. The texture quality is slightly improved but unnoticeable.
FM7 Prague Metronome

Overall, the general lighting, sky and weather looks better and more natural in FM7, in my opinion.

I really wonder if the slight reduction in detail is really needed for performance in HD or if they simply didn't want to let the HD version look better than the 4k one.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:30:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
11 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error