This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages123>>Next
 23 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:45:36 PM(UTC)
[the following comparison were taken on Xbox One. See the end of this post to see comparison between Xbox One and Xbox One X]

Everything is on the title...

Forza 5, then Forza 6, and then Forza 7 on Nurburgring :

again, Forza 5, then 6 and then 7, on Le Mans :

Every pictures took by myself, on the same console. It is sad that the most beautiful Forza came out 4 years ago.. and now, they are less and less photorealistic at every new game.

Like many said, of course this is due to the fact that they had to cut some details to be able to add new wheather functionnalities, etc. But It would be really nice to be able on PC and One X to have the choice between these textures in 4K, or good old textures, at 1080P 60fps

Xbox One and Xbox One X Comparison :

Ok so here we are, my Project Scorpio arrived, time to compare the Nurb between One and One X ! (1st is One Version, 2nd is the One X Version)

i am happy to see that, there is more grass, trees are more detailed, ground textures are sharper and security barriers are also more detailed. FM5 still look better because there is more objects in the scene (grass in relief everywhere, etc) but FM7 looks definitely better on One X

you might need to download full image size and zoom in to see differences, but i can assure you that there are differences. Could be even better, but there is a gap already. Here is a zoom of the same zone, on the 2 screens :

Audi RS5 interior comparison between One and One X :

Edited by user Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:50:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:04:00 PM(UTC)
Those trees almost look 2D
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:12:07 PM(UTC)
they are. but they move at the same time of the camera so we don't see it immediately x)
 18 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:12:58 PM(UTC)
Forza 5 = static lighting, no weather, no night time racing = ramped up graphical settings and track side details.

Forza 6 = added static weather with rain and puddles, added reflections on track surface, added reflections from water on the car. Also added static night racing, including working headlights = reduced track side details and graphical settings due to technical limitations of the xbox one console.

Forza 7 = better weather, night and lighting system; more details added = even more reduction of track side details.

Conclusion = The more things people want T10 to add into the game, and the of those things T10 do work towards (as an example, weather and night time); the more the technical limitations of the xbox one will show though. To keep the game at a stable 60fps on the console, they will need to farm what extra resources they can from other area's; namely track side detailing. Its the way this stuff works, optimize the game to add new things.

Now I have not checked on the PC yet, as I was more interested in fine tuning my wheel settings; but I would assume that things like track side details will be increased on that platform over the xbox one. I would also assume that the same may be true of the xbox one x when it releases, as it has a vastly superior GPU and more CPU computational power over the normal xbox one and xbox one s.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:39:09 PM(UTC)
Yes i know, and i agree with you, but even when we know that they have to find a way to add new things, it's hard to see pictures like that.. the gap is pretty big.

i will take the One X, i really hope the result won't be the same on that point
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:41:40 PM(UTC)
Aye, hopefully the foliage and other track side details will be high on there. Not really a concern to me, but I know it will be for people who like photomode.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:48:39 PM(UTC)
I also made the same comparison between cars details, and it seems that there is not much difference on that point. There was a difference between FM5 and FM6, but on FM7 the result is like on FM6, and some interiors textures are even better than FM6. But a weird thing is that windows on inside view looks like they are tinted in white Oo

Edited by user Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:49:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:12:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post

Forza 5, then Forza 6, and then Forza 7 :

Every pictures took by myself, on the same console. It is sad that the most beautiful Forza came out 4 years ago.. and now, they are less and less photorealistic at every new game

Precisely as Ialyrn pointed out, the more features and variety you introduce into the game while improving elements like physics and sound, the more trade offs need to be made.

As beautiful and richly detailed as Forza 5 looked, I'm happy to have all the additional features in FM6 and 7. I hope they never sacrifice this 60 fps cap as it's what makes the driving so much fun and immersive.

On the One-X, I doubt if you will get additional detail or particle effects, although a resolution that's 4 times higher plus HDR may give you the "illusion" of higher graphic fidelity. At the core level, detail saturation remains the same more or less, since I don't think T10 would want to alienate their core fan base by offering different looking or graphically superior versions.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:24:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

Now I have not checked on the PC yet, as I was more interested in fine tuning my wheel settings; but I would assume that things like track side details will be increased on that platform over the xbox one. I would also assume that the same may be true of the xbox one x when it releases, as it has a vastly superior GPU and more CPU computational power over the normal xbox one and xbox one s.

There is plenty of headroom on PC to work with but from the preview analysis maximum settings on PC is essentially exactly = to Xbox One X.

Of course this wasn't the case with Forza 6 Apex. Most of the quality settings were beyond Forza 6 on Xbox One.

Turn 10 have seemingly developed this for Xbox One X and then refrained from adding anything extra to the PC version. It is apparent that it would definitely be possible however since Xbox One X equivalence is achievable with a mid range machine.

I'm happy enough the game is on PC. But it would have good to have a few upgrades instead of only being in line with the console versions.
 5 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:11:34 AM(UTC)
Makes me wonder what on earth some of the reviewers were saying. This is a comment from a review (link below)

"Maple Valley is as wonderful as I remember it to be. The deciduous trees lining the track are as lovely as ever, their fiery scarlets and golds stunning your peripherals as you speed past, your visual information fed to you at 60 frames-per-second. "

https://jalopnik.com/for...ble-and-will-1818862942

Does he mean those cardboard 2D trees which are appalling. I am was some what sceptical of these OTT reviews that I read yesterday!

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:30:05 AM(UTC)
Yes, this looks rather disappointing. I would have hoped that with dynamic weather turned off a higher quality version of the track could have been loaded in. Maybe this wasn’t possible or maybe the contrast between versions would have been too great.

The trackside trees, grass etc. have always been a weak point in Forza going back to version 1. Sadly this isn’t helped by reusing the same track models for each and every game. (When on the same console generation at least.)

It would be interesting to see how this looks with all graphics options turned to 11 on the PC version and then how that looks next to the Xbox One X version.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:32:31 AM(UTC)
just get the Xbox One X and your graphics problem will be solved lol
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:39:42 AM(UTC)
I had to look at the screenshots for half a minute before I really realised what had changed other than saturation. I highly doubt I'd notice these changes in an actual race.
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:46:46 AM(UTC)
Those screenshots are pretty damning. Forza 6 already made a lot of quite drastic cuts to quality from Forza 5 and now they've gone further backwards. It will be interesting to see comparisons with other tracks to see what else they've quietly downgraded.

Interestingly, this is the opposite of last gen where the Forzas graphically all got unequivocally better with each new release.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 1:47:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:57:09 AM(UTC)
I’m going too fast to notice the grass. They have obviously had to cull some stuff with the extra effects they’ve added. For those asking, the grass and trees look no different on PC maxed out.
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:36:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post

Forza 5, then Forza 6, and then Forza 7 :

Every pictures took by myself, on the same console. It is sad that the most beautiful Forza came out 4 years ago.. and now, they are less and less photorealistic at every new game

Oh no...so not only is it tbe same game as Forza 6 but it doesnt even look as good! Oh dear.. RIP Forza Motorsport..its a long wait for Horizon..but itll be worth it.
 4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:38:24 AM(UTC)
Worse graphics than Forza 6? Oh dear..thats the only reason I wanted this game. Its bad enough its the same game as Forza 6 but to hear reports it looks worse!? Pre order cancelled.
RIP Forza
#18 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:40:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
I had to look at the screenshots for half a minute before I really realised what had changed other than saturation. I highly doubt I'd notice these changes in an actual race.

What he said
 6 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:49:00 AM(UTC)
Bah take the weather and night back, I'd rather have higher game detail.
 8 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:56:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THE DAGZ Go to Quoted Post

Ha, yea because we spend a lot of time looking at the grass and trees whilst racing.
 7 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:06:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xTheRealHughesy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: THE DAGZ Go to Quoted Post

Ha, yea because we spend a lot of time looking at the grass and trees whilst racing.

Some of us watch replays and some (very very few, I know...) use something called photomode.
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:12:42 AM(UTC)
What happened to graphics?

A seven-year-old graphics card, that's what.

The Xbox One has 7-year old hardware in it. As Ialyrn and others have pointed out, many new and CPU intensive features have been added to each game. And that causes details to be sacrificed. T10 has said that every track has a specific budget that it must stay within to maintain 60fps. Looks like the foliage and textures were taking up too much of that budget, so they were cut back.

If graphics are that important to you, that's the whole reason Microsoft is making the Xbox One X. It will run all tracks and cars at full detail, whereas the older and weaker Xboxes can still play the game, but they will have reduced visual and audio quality.
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:31:12 AM(UTC)
good thing I don't play games for graphics. but gameplay. and so far I am liking what I see
 3 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:35:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
What happened to graphics?

A seven-year-old graphics card, that's what.

The Xbox One has 7-year old hardware in it.

Disingenuous imo, the console is 4 years old, not 7. (Yes I realise you mean the hardware was not high end even on its debut. But nor was the 360's hardware ever considered high end.)

Forza 4 came out four years after Forza 2, and each successive iteration had better graphics.
 3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:43:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
just get the Xbox One X and your graphics problem will be solved lol

Nah, think I'll get a pc instead. I wonder if I could use my t150 pro for ps4 to play forza7 on a pc. No point in getting a xb1x.
11 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error