This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:51:22 AM(UTC)
Worked for Forza Horizon 3, works with Forza 7

https://www.reddit.com/r...h3_redownloading_fix_pc/

I'm downloading right now https://i.imgur.com/Yv1CFzs.png

It's a little ghetto and you might have to refresh the URL if you can't manage to finish the download within a 8 hour or so timeframe (hence having to use a downloader - i use JDownloader 2) but it won't reset. If the URL expires you can get a new one through Fiddler and update it in your download manager and continue the download. You lose no progress.

It also proves without a doubt that PC is downloading a whole 95gb - not 60gb or fewer.

Plus if you have a friend with a better connection than yours you can ask them kindly to download it for you (provide them with the URL or go to their place and do this stuff) and then put it on some storage medium and install it on your own PC.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:46:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:08:54 AM(UTC)
Gonna try that as soon as I'm back home.
Thanks for sharing ;)
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:37:53 AM(UTC)
Download works great, lets hope we can use the file to install the game properly.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:49:06 AM(UTC)
IF you're unable to resume a 95gb download then this is useless.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:52:09 AM(UTC)
Trying this as well, quick question, when getting a new url, do I just start the windows store to get a new fiddler url?
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:14:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Nightman Go to Quoted Post
Trying this as well, quick question, when getting a new url, do I just start the windows store to get a new fiddler url?

You resume or restart the download in the store

Originally Posted by: Raisingx Go to Quoted Post
IF you're unable to resume a 95gb download then this is useless.

that's why you use a download manager to do this, which is stated both in the tutorial and my post
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:34:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nGouki Go to Quoted Post

Sweet got it, downloads still going strong after the first url refresh, no reason this shouldn't work. Have you tried with forza 7 yet or are you still downloading as well? Let us know if you manage to test good sir

#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:44:52 AM(UTC)

Sweet got it, downloads still going strong after the first url refresh, no reason this shouldn't work. Have you tried with forza 7 yet or are you still downloading as well? Let us know if you manage to test good sir

Still downloading, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work, it worked for FH3 and other games (Quantum Break) and there was no major change in their distribution system afaik

The store is essentially doing the same thing, except it also downloads some licensing information first (your cdkey basically), then downloads the big file in multiple chunks and installs/extracts it - basically what you are gonna do with powershell

The licensing information is the reason you gotta download a few megabytes through the store yourself first.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:56:22 AM(UTC)
Worked for Forza Horizon 3, works with Forza 7

https://www.reddit.com/r...h3_redownloading_fix_pc/

I'm downloading right now https://i.imgur.com/Yv1CFzs.png

It's a little ghetto and you might have to refresh the URL if you can't manage to finish the download within a 8 hour or so timeframe (hence having to use a downloader - i use JDownloader 2) but it won't reset. If the URL expires you can get a new one through Fiddler and update it in your download manager and continue the download. You lose no progress.

It also proves without a doubt that PC is downloading a whole 95gb - not 60gb or fewer.

Plus if you have a friend with a better connection than yours you can ask them kindly to download it for you (provide them with the URL or go to their place and do this stuff) and then put it on some storage medium and install it on your own PC.

thank you for the solution
but one question
after weeks there will be updates at futer for the game
after your download method i can update the game normally like
any app form windows store or not .?

#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:31:49 AM(UTC)

Still downloading, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work, it worked for FH3 and other games (Quantum Break) and there was no major change in their distribution system afaik

The store is essentially doing the same thing, except it also downloads some licensing information first (your cdkey basically), then downloads the big file in multiple chunks and installs/extracts it - basically what you are gonna do with powershell

The licensing information is the reason you gotta download a few megabytes through the store yourself first.

Let us know how it goes, or if you run into any problems, this probably will be the only possible way for many of us.

#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:35:47 AM(UTC)
Hi, I used this method and I finally could install it, I already used this method last year to avoid redownloading FH3 and Gears 4 after a system reset.

So you're good to go, keep downloading the 95GB file, once it's done enter the command and it will install on the default location (change it before if you want), then you can install the add-ons from the Store.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:42:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xcell Miguel Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I used this method and I finally could install it, I already used this method last year to avoid redownloading FH3 and Gears 4 after a system reset.

So you're good to go, keep downloading the 95GB file, once it's done enter the command and it will install on the default location (change it before if you want), then you can install the add-ons from the Store.

Awesome, glad it worked for you, may have to give it a crack, so does windows store recognise it normally, and get future updates as per normal?
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:27:08 PM(UTC)
i will try this method
download will take about 24h

any one tryed this method
can you please help me what i do
after i finish download step by step

and sorry for my english
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:18:32 PM(UTC)
thank you very much for sharing this, im going to try it if they dont come up with a fix soon. Its hours now for release, I tried DL this 7 times. My Pc has not turned off sense the release of the preload. Please post your success with this way of downloading.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:37:29 PM(UTC)
So far, so good. Have had to update the URL once and it picked up where it left. Hopefully I can get it all downloaded and installed right. Will update when it finishes.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:03:37 PM(UTC)
Not working so well for me... Store download keeps getting stuck at 101.1MB and I think the download is not getting far enough to generate the main URL needed for the file?

(edit): Finally got it to generate a link for the EAppxBundle file but then it gets stuck at 88.139MB in the download manager...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:14:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
The WS download gets to 101.1MB or 181.1MB, then says 'checking product files' and 'calculating download size' and gets stuck on 'downloading' and never progresses. are there server-side issues now?
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:11:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: caruim Go to Quoted Post
Not working so well for me... Store download keeps getting stuck at 101.1MB and I think the download is not getting far enough to generate the main URL needed for the file?

That happened to me a bit,

What helped is going to your C drive under my PC, right click, properties, clean disk, and clear out the delivery optimisation files (generally this is the same size as your previous forza download before it failed). Also run WSRESET tool, restart PC and try the download again. I find this completely removes the forza files, and starts new, I grabbed the link when it was at approx 50mb into download in the store. Didnt need to refresh my link, download has successfully completed but cant test as of yet as friend downloaded on their PC for me.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:36:17 PM(UTC)
https://i.imgur.com/9uTO9WI.png

Definitely worked flawlessly

after you deployed/installed it succesfully from the file you can press the X on all the downloads in the store and then just download the DLCs separately through the store, they're tiny so it'll be no problem

the DLCs are not included in the big 95gb file

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:36:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:50:02 PM(UTC)
Quote:
That happened to me a bit,

What helped is going to your C drive under my PC, right click, properties, clean disk, and clear out the delivery optimisation files (generally this is the same size as your previous forza download before it failed). Also run WSRESET tool, restart PC and try the download again. I find this completely removes the forza files, and starts new, I grabbed the link when it was at approx 50mb into download in the store. Didnt need to refresh my link, download has successfully completed but cant test as of yet as friend downloaded on their PC for me.

[/quote]

I cleared all the WS cache,removed the partly downloaded files and fiddled around with a few other things with that but was still getting stuck.

Only just a few minutes ago I tried starting the WS download through a US server VPN and that seemed to generate the proper download sequence and give me a good URL for download manager! Downloading steadily at 1-2MB/s now.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:14:31 PM(UTC)
At 47GB, hype! I should just make the release time :)
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:55:21 PM(UTC)
30gb downlonded
i changed ULR without any problem
downloading the 65gb left now
i think the method work
hopefully at the end
not getting errors or something
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:35:13 PM(UTC)
guy what exactly i do with powershell when download is finished

start menu > search bar > type : powershell is that right ?
what i need to do and write with powershell ?

2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:42:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: do5ode Go to Quoted Post

1. Restart the Forza Download in the MS-Store and wait until a few MBs are downloaded, then pause the download. Leave the Store opened.
2. Go into the start-menu, search for powershell - Right klick - run as administrator
3. Type "cd ~/Downloads" and press enter (Assuming the downloaded file is in your personal Downloads folder)
4. Type "add-appxpackage .\NAMEOFDOWNLOADEDFILE" and press enter (rename the file first to something less complicated, just to avoid spelling mistakes)
5. Leave powershell opened and wait for the installation to complete, there will be a progress bar inside the powershell. The process will take a few minutes.
6. Stop the download in the MS-Store and refresh.

This worked for me, hope you'll have success.

Edited by user Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:45:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: priime07 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: do5ode Go to Quoted Post

1. Restart the Forza Download in the MS-Store and wait until a few MBs are downloaded, then pause the download. Leave the Store opened.
2. Go into the start-menu, search for powershell - Right klick - run as administrator
3. Type "cd ~/Downloads" and press enter (Assuming the downloaded file is in your personal Downloads folder)
4. Type "add-appxpackage .\NAMEOFDOWNLOADEDFILE" and press enter (rename the file first to something less complicated, just to avoid spelling mistakes)
5. Leave powershell opened and wait for the installation to complete, there will be a progress bar inside the powershell. The process will take a few minutes.
6. Stop the download in the MS-Store and refresh.

This worked for me, hope you'll have success.

In my case i downloded this to my D drive. so i would make the path like this cd ~/D ?
Im sitting at 65gb right now, so far no URL update or refresh. maybe that will come soon.

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error