88 Pages<<7677787980>>PrevNext
#1926 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:47:01 AM(UTC)
Cars available to purchase in this week's Specialty Dealer

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
2005 Honda NSX-R
2004 Porsche 911 GT3

Regrettably nothing new.

2 users liked this post.
#1927 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:45:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

2005 Honda NSX-R
2004 Porsche 911 GT3

Regrettably nothing new.

Lol how can there be anything new now that everything has been unlocked
#1928 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:55:43 AM(UTC)
All 4 have additional Collector Points, at a price! 216 points for 964k, if my calculations are correct.
 1 user liked this post.
#1929 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:52:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

2005 Honda NSX-R
2004 Porsche 911 GT3

Regrettably nothing new.

Rather than a handful of no longer really special cars, the dealer could offer one or two FE cars each week.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#1930 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:10:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

2005 Honda NSX-R
2004 Porsche 911 GT3

Regrettably nothing new.

Rather than a handful of no longer really special cars, the dealer could offer one or two FE cars each week.
That would be nice. I have every car BUT 6 of the FE's so the Specialty Dealer holds nothing for me. I was going to look and see if it is worth buying the cars each week and then selling the spare in the AH. That would ar least gain some Collector points. But I am at Collector Level 45 or 46 anyway.

1 user liked this post.
#1931 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:14:34 AM(UTC)
I feel like the specialty dealer has become redundant since every car is unlocked now (not that I am complaining😄).

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#1932 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:46:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
I feel like the specialty dealer has become redundant since every car is unlocked now (not that I am complaining😄).

Maybe a good Idea would be.... sell “real” unicorn cars for example standard version of f430, gallardo, murciélago, zonda....

Or missing cars from other Forza games like “delorean”
Or forza Edition cars
Or at list repeated cars with special dealer decals or widebody

Just giving ideas
#1933 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:09:12 PM(UTC)
...or driver suits, which I thought I heard rumour of at one point.
#1934 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:06:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

2005 Honda NSX-R
2004 Porsche 911 GT3

Regrettably nothing new.

That would be nice. I have every car BUT 6 of the FE's so the Specialty Dealer holds nothing for me. I was going to look and see if it is worth buying the cars each week and then selling the spare in the AH. That would ar least gain some Collector points. But I am at Collector Level 45 or 46 anyway.

Same exact boat I'm in. I sold my existing cars after saving the tunes, then bought all the dealer cars. Give us the FEs already
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#1935 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:39:26 PM(UTC)

I'm definitely in the minority but I preferred the locked car system. The longevity of FM7 has greatly been reduced since they were all unlocked. Suppose that's the quick fix world I'm growing old in.

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#1936 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:06:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
...or driver suits, which I thought I heard rumour of at one point.

That wasn't a rumour
That was just someone speculating about what it could change to
 3 users liked this post.
#1937 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:24:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YanaYaYa UK Go to Quoted Post

I'm definitely in the minority but I preferred the locked car system. The longevity of FM7 has greatly been reduced since they were all unlocked. Suppose that's the quick fix world I'm growing old in.

Those be fightin' words 'round here, friend...

🇨🇦
#1938 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:29:30 PM(UTC)

Also bait. :-)

I'm digging the current setup with specialty dealer. The only car I don't own and have tuned/driven now is the FE F-150. This gives me 3 or 4 cars per week to repaint, retune, and run some races in.

1 user liked this post.
#1939 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:04:40 PM(UTC)

Maybe so, but I think I agree with him. I never understood why everyone was so bent out of shape about this. It seems racing games through the years have been this way: either you earn a car by winning a race/tournament/challenge, or you unlock new cars by progressing through some kind of career mode. One of my all-time favs, NFS: Porsche Unleashed, was like that, IIRC. NTM that the unlocked cars in Forza 7 far outnumbered the entire car lists of most games, both past and present.

The stuff that bugged me was locking cars behind crazy rival times and annoying "watch this" or "comment on that" tasks, but most of the ones I missed (and actually cared about missing) such as the Type II bus eventually came through the SD.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:09:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#1940 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:17:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
The stuff that bugged me was locking cars behind crazy rival times and annoying "watch this" or "comment on that" tasks

That was the only part I didn't enjoy about the locked cars. Otherwise I love locked stuff behind game progression, gives me something to play for and look forward to.

But I digress, thankfully this is all in the past now and I can enjoy the car roster to its fullest. 😄

🇨🇦
#1941 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:22:59 AM(UTC)
Yes the specialty dealer is kind of redundant now that the cars are unlocked but the cars purchased from the specialty dealer give you more collector points than the cars collected by other means.
#1942 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:44:44 AM(UTC)

I wanted a mix. Most cars unlocked, but the rewards for Showcases locked. Now there's no incentive for people to play through the career other than the FE cars and the achievements. The cars can be had in the AH and the achievements aren't very important.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#1943 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:25:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

I wanted a mix. Most cars unlocked, but the rewards for Showcases locked. Now there's no incentive for people to play through the career other than the FE cars and the achievements. The cars can be had in the AH and the achievements aren't very important.

Yeah, I guess that's a bit of a bummer. They could have kept those locked as they have the FE cars. BUT WAIT! There are still two unicorn cars...

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#1944 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:36:50 AM(UTC)
Poor guys(gals?) Can't do anything to satisfy nobody..

I'm in the lock cars behind achievements, be it driver level, showcases, series. I don't want it handed to me. But I played when I had to earn it, so no biggie to me.
 2 users liked this post.
#1945 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:36:45 PM(UTC)
If a few cars are locked behind events and challenges, there is an incentive for us to keep playing the game and trying our best at them.

What irritates me most though is that some of the cars may be locked behind very difficult time limited challenges which can only be achieved by possibly the top ten per cent of players.

I'll try hard at challenges but my best may be not good enough and it may not be entirely fair if I am competing against a racing driver who knows all about handling and tuning, has a much more elaborate system with a good wheel and pedals and lives in a country where you don't have to get up at 3:00 am to listen to broadcasts.

2 users liked this post.
#1946 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 12:55:31 AM(UTC)
Longevity,geez,games almost a year old now,time for the cars to be unlocked!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#1947 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:14:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post

they are all unlocked now except for the FE cars and a few unicorn cars, 3or 4, that's it
 1 user liked this post.
#1948 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 12:57:43 PM(UTC)

they are all unlocked now except for the FE cars and a few unicorn cars, 3or 4, that's it
I know Talby,was replying to the guy saying it gives the game longevity.

#1949 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 9:34:27 PM(UTC)

At the time of the July Update, around five cars hadn't been released yet.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#1950 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 12:57:06 AM(UTC)
For those who have completed all the challenges there is only one vehicle which is still locked, the 2017 Ford Raptor FE.

There is a class B Ford but it has not yet been fully integrated into the game and an image of it can't be seen.

88 Pages<<7677787980>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error