88 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:13:08 AM(UTC)
It doesn't appear that anyone else mentioned this, so I will.

The latest WIR mentions the next three cars available in the Specialty Dealer: The VW Type 2 Deluxe, the Chevy Impala SS 409, and the Ferrari 250LM.

The VW and Impala should be pretty affordable for everyone, but the Ferrari may (and likely will) cost in excess of 1.5 million CR.

You may wish to plan accordingly.
One of "The 50"
#127 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:18:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

The latest WIR mentions the next three cars available in the Specialty Dealer: The VW Type 2 Deluxe, the Chevy Impala SS 409, and the Ferrari 250LM.

The VW and Impala should be pretty affordable for everyone, but the Ferrari may (and likely will) cost in excess of 1.5 million CR.

Looking forward to all three honestly. Perhaps a drift build for the VW and the Impala and a track build for the 250?!? Nice bit of diversity there.
 1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:20:28 AM(UTC)
... but the Ferrari may (and likely will) cost in excess of 1.5 million CR.

Its exactly 1,350,000. If you go to the 'Car Collection' tab all the locked cars are there with the prices.
 1 user liked this post.
#129 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:25:30 PM(UTC)
The Zonda Cinque is marked up about 15% from its original price, so I would expect the 250LM to be well over 1.5 million once it hits the dealer. Be sure to plan accordingly.

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#130 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 3:46:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

These cars aren't unique per say. They do have a higher car collector level though.

I have a friend with 716 cars already. These locked cars can be earned other ways. I'm assuming he got his in either level up rewards and/or prize crates.

From that, I'm concluding they are not exclusive.

When I clicked on the Ferrari 250LM (an upcoming Specialty Dealer car) in the Car Collection menu it listed a number of ways to unlock the car including completing the Forza Cup. Has anyone who completed the Forza Cup checked to see if the current or prior Specialty Dealer cars are unlocked for them?

Gear head who only uses the Xbox for racing sims. Set up: Xbox One Slim, Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, GT Omega wheel stand.
#131 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 3:51:40 AM(UTC)
no they arent unlocked
#132 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 3:56:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ITPRO75 Go to Quoted Post

These cars aren't unique per say. They do have a higher car collector level though.

I have a friend with 716 cars already. These locked cars can be earned other ways. I'm assuming he got his in either level up rewards and/or prize crates.

When I clicked on the Ferrari 250LM (an upcoming Specialty Dealer car) in the Car Collection menu it listed a number of ways to unlock the car including completing the Forza Cup. Has anyone who completed the Forza Cup checked to see if the current or prior Specialty Dealer cars are unlocked for them?

That's a generic blurb that details ways cars may be unlocked, but with no guarantees that you will unlock the car via that method.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#133 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 4:39:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
no they arent unlocked

Well in that case I'll be using most of my accumulated credits tomorrow.

Gear head who only uses the Xbox for racing sims. Set up: Xbox One Slim, Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, GT Omega wheel stand.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#134 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:00:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post

Don't waste your VIP cards.

Just do a P2/P1/X championship on expert or pro with all mod cards slots around and put it to long race.

This will give you around 50 000 default + 80% AI + 180% mod cards, so 170 000 to 180 000 CR per 16-18 min race.

My VIP Cards are long gone used them on extra long races but I do have several other Legendary Cards like, Lock Down with 100% credit plus 3,000Xp They kind of put the VIP cards to shame really, they are for No ABS, TC, or stability control Very easy to pull off with a AWD car and a Elite controller with the left trigger locked.

Actuall ther are several cards that make the VIP cards look like we got diddled.

Like Art Of The Apex 80% plus 1,500 xp preform 6 good corners easy as on a long race

Or Purist 80% cred plus 2,000xp for Hud Off Cockpit cam only.

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#135 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:14:56 AM(UTC)

716 cars not bad but I can guarantee you a lot of them are idential cars as that many have not yet been unlocke in game I have 7 races left to all up and this will un lock 2 more cars giving me about 640 Unlocked cars. and I think you will find that at the moment that is the most people will have till more are unlocked via the SD, prizes for in game comps and ForzaThons.
#136 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:36:27 PM(UTC)
I looked through the first page or 2 of the forums and didn't see the thread thats been floating around, so I thought I'd ask. Hasn't the Speciality Dealer stock been changing regularly on Monday evening the past couple weeks? Today it still says one day, but I could swear it's been a Monday thing so far. Am I wrong, or did the day change? Are they moving it to Tuesday so they can release the change as part of their updates maybe?
Let me just start off by saying, I've been playing Forza since the beginning, back before they went all digital and you had to hand assemble the tracks.
#137 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:43:28 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure but it would make sense to do so in some instances.
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:54:41 PM(UTC)
Dear Turn 10,

First have all thank you for your effort in keeping this franchise alive. This game is what led me to purchase the original xbox. Back in the day, I had a PS2 and was an avid Gran Turismo fan. When Forza 1 came out, I sold my ps2 and purchased a Xbox. This game is the reason why I have purchased an xbox live subscription for like 12 years. I am sure you can figure out a way to validate this claim. The only proof I can offer is various memories of the OG Forza. There was no cockpit view nor was there a clutch. Additionally, the Honda CRX was a very fast leader board car.

Now that we have established my history with this franchise, I have a gripe which needs to be expressed. I was unable to purchase the specialty dealer cars from last week. These cars include the following:

1986 BMW M635CSi
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series

There are a number of reasons I was unable to make these purchases and they are as follows. I experienced a number of server issues with the game to the point that it was not playable. In fact, I recently experienced the green screen of death. This led to the need to reset the box. Additionally, I work my tale off at work and was not able to play the game much that week. Because of the intermittent server issues during this week, I feel that I should have the opportunity to purchase these vehicles one more time before they hit the auction block and prices skyrocket. I specifically want the CRX Mugen and do not want to be subject to the auction house prices as it takes forever to earn the dollars the auction house commands. Please find it in your heart to gift me these vehicles or at least make them accessible one more time.

If you would like any constructive feedback, please keep me in mind. I have participated in the evolution of this series and am more then happy to provide information which could be used to make this game better in the future.

Unity
#139 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 6:03:07 PM(UTC)
I believe it has been on Tuesdays.
 1 user liked this post.
#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:00:49 AM(UTC)
Speciality Dealer = putting lipstick on a pig.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:14:12 AM(UTC)

I hope this forewarning becomes a regular thing in the Week in Review, would certainly help out a few people who may want to save up for a certain car.
 1 user liked this post.
#142 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:21:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ONR Braveheart Go to Quoted Post
Speciality Dealer = putting lipstick on a pig.

Miss Piggy is the Specialty Dealer? Who'd a thunk it?
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#143 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:26:41 AM(UTC)
I thought this might happen.
 2 users liked this post.
#144 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:37:24 AM(UTC)
I may be alone here but I think it would be much more exciting if we weren't told what the next set of cars were. It reminds me of the radio DJ in Horizon who tells you what the barn find is before you find it. Or when Horizon 3 was being launched, the 10 cars revealed were all the barn finds. I'd rather they were a surprise.
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:05:33 PM(UTC)
I realize lower production number models will probably be well sought after once the auction house unlocks, but seriously, how ironic is it that I get Impala SS 409 #409?

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:08:10 PM(UTC)
Don't know how everybody else did it, but I was sat with a clock linked to GMT in front of me, and I still only managed to get 250LM #124!
 2 users liked this post.
#147 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:11:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Private Custard Go to Quoted Post
Don't know how everybody else did it, but I was sat with a clock linked to GMT in front of me, and I still only managed to get 250LM #124!

Is it so important to get 120 or 12 000 ?

So much for a simple number...
 2 users liked this post.
#148 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:11:48 PM(UTC)
um... Wasn't there supposed to be a VW?
Only showing the impala and 250lm here. :/
Right-stick throttle/braking since '97

Resurrect Montserrat!!
 1 user liked this post.
#149 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:12:18 PM(UTC)
I only got two cars to choose from this week...anyone else?
 1 user liked this post.
#150 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:12:39 PM(UTC)
Got the Impala but there is no VW type 2 to be seen is this a glitch? Ferrari is still there Waited since the announcement for that VW
Usually hanging out at position 12 so you will need to look in your rearview mirror to see me.
88 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error